pop3 #3

My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new
Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so
i cant receive or send e-mail!!! HELP!! How do i fix this
problem? I've tried calling Dell and Microsoft and have
waited hours on the phone and have not gotten any
assistance!

Who is your ISP/mail host? Seems like you might want to contact them for
support. I presume you can get to the Internet just fine....

rose wrote:
> My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new
> Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so
> i cant receive or send e-mail!!! HELP!! How do i fix this
> problem? I've tried calling Dell and Microsoft and have
> waited hours on the phone and have not gotten any
> assistance!

0
lanwench (7567)
7/12/2004 11:45:47 PM
What is the address of your POP3 server? Is this a server that your ISP has
provided you with or is it outside of your ISP?

You might also want to try to telnet to the server to make sure that you can
"see" it from where you are:

Click:
Start, run
At the box, type CMD
At the black screen, type telnet mail.servername.com 110

In the above example, "mail.servername.com" must be replaced with the name
of your POP3 server. If you get OK, that is good. Check your Outlook
settings to make sure everything is setup right.

HTH
Rich
"rose" <roseanne992@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new
> Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so
> i cant receive or send e-mail!!! HELP!! How do i fix this
> problem? I've tried calling Dell and Microsoft and have
> waited hours on the phone and have not gotten any
> assistance!

0
nospam4216 (13)
7/13/2004 12:05:02 AM
this is not a problem with DELL or Microsoft but your ISP,

Who do you get your internet connection from? call them.
or if you have your own domain name that you use call
your hosting company.

HTH

DREW

0
anonymous (74722)

Download Transactions #3
After downloading online transactions, money hangs and the only way to get out is to end the application with task manager. After restarting the application I can process the transactions. This all began around 2/1/07. File repair does not resolve the problem. Any ideas as to why this started happening? ...

Zge of empires 3 the war chiefs
Bonjour, Lorsque j'ai acheté Age of Empires 3, aucun problèmes, ensuite je suis entré en possession de : "the War chiefs" Tout marcher sauf les campagnes ( même avec le CD du jeu sans l'extension ) J'ai ensuite pour une autre raison reformater mon PC j'ai réinstaller les deux ( l'extension et l'original ) Toujours pareil. Quand l'envie de découvrir la campagne ma prise j'ai désinstaller les 2 et ... j'ai pu en réinstaller qu'un, juste l'original ! Lorsque je mets mon CD dans mon lecteur voila c...

Filters in CRM 3.0 Reports
Dear all, this is an issue regarding the filtering in the reports within CRM. Depending on how I write my query I can or cannot have the possibility of applying the CRM filters. When I use the following query I get the filtering options: / *--------------------------------------------------------------------------= ---------------------------------- *\ \*-------------------------------------------------------------------------= ----------------------------------- */ SELECT [EquipmentType],count(EquipmentType) as [Noofoccurence] from (SELECT CRMAF_FilteredAccount.asp_gdno AS [GD No.], CRMA...

SUMIF only it has 3 ceretain texts in the same row #3
I change the 1 to text now it gives me a zero. What else should we do? Thanks! -- vane0326 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ vane0326's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14731 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=265651 "RagDyer" <ragdyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote .... > =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A100="Pattern > Change")*(B2:B100=1)*(C2:C100="Machine")*E2:E100) "vane0326" <vane0326.1dh5mn@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote > I change th...

Data entry form #3
Thanks icestationzbra . somewhat it solved my requiremt. Thanks Tom -- SMIL ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SMILE's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=488 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26808 Hi, this entry form was posted here some time ago please pay credit the origial author whoose name escapes me at present Ro +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: EntryForm.zip |Download: http:/...

Muliple Charts from one Pivot Table #3
Debs. Many thanks . That worked a treat. Just need to to the pivot item o the chart now. Cheers Ton -- TJonesEs ----------------------------------------------------------------------- TJonesEsq's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1532 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26951 ...

mscrm 3.0 failure in scheduling engine
hello all!, My users sometimes have to schedule appointments or phone calls on top of each other. (both from 12:00-12:30) when they attempt to do this, they receive and error message "an error has occurred, contact system admin..." then after they click "ok" an error pops up "General failure in scheduling engine." The ignore and save allows them to save the overlapping appointments, but is there a way or config option to reduce these errors.... thanks.... eric Hello Eric, I get the same error. Did you find something? Thanks "ericwassberg"...

CRM 3.0 Filtering Orders In The Account or Contact View
Hi, When I am in a Contact or in an Account and click on the Order side tab it displays a list view of the order. There is a filter list box in which one of the choices is All. I am still new to customizing CRM but I seem to be unable to find a way to change the filter to All, when I go into Settings, Customization, Orders, Forms and Views. I have checked the views and just don't seem to see a place to change this. Can anyone out there direct me on how to do this? Thanks! Shauna It sounds like you want to change or add a vaule to a picklist? I dont use Orders so im not sure ...

Outlook 2003 Won't pickup New pop3 messages
My mailbox has over 400 messages but Outlook will not see them nor pick them up. I can do it in Mozilla or Thunderbird, but not outlook. Please help! I have 70 people in my office with Outlook 2003 and many of them cannot get their new mail. Do you get any error messages when your try to receive? If not, could you turn on diagnostic logging (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q300479) and post the OPMLog.log file (preferably as an attachment) after you try to receive? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no war...

will only print 1st page, then 3 blank pages
I created a newsletter in Publisher and it looks and prints fine. When I email it to myself (and others) in Outlook and Gmail, it looks fine. But when I go to print, it will print the first page, then the rest of the pages blank (I get the footer that says "2 of 4" etc). It is doing this with two separate documents - one that is 4 pages, and one that only looks like 1 page, but is getting cut off and split in two. Why is it doing this and how can I stop it??? It's happening on multiple computers with multiple printers and different email programs. It doesn't happen w...

The operation failed #3
Hi, Can somebody help me troubleshoot this error: When I attempt to add an email address to junk senders list (right click and select junk email\Add to Junk Senders list), I get an error: "The operation failed." Thank you! Regards, Chester Villabert ...

Unable to uninstall CRM 3.0 client from any other user, including Admin (Local or Domain)
How do I uninstall CRM 3.0 client that was installed on another user account we don't have access to? The only way we can uninstall the client is if we log in as the user who used it. When people switch computers and a new user needs that computer, the only way to enable them to use CRM outlook client is to uninstall it on the old user and reinstall on the new. Why!? Any help is appreciated. ...

Wachovia requires 3 login fields
Help! My bank, Wachovia requires 3 login fields: Customer Access Code, PIN and Codeword. MS Money is asking for only 2 items: ID and password in the "Step 5 Online Setup". What is the solution. Thanks. Contact Wachovia and ask for an ID and password to use with MS Money. Doug "Chris" <cptxaggie@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:26d0001c38eb5$9ace1e10$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Help! My bank, Wachovia requires 3 login fields: Customer > Access Code, PIN and Codeword. MS Money is asking for only > 2 items: ID and password in the "Step 5 Online Setup"....

Moving Exchange 2003 to New Hardware #3
Technet for exchange article # aa997176 to make a full backup of the storage groups and the SRS database. If I start the SRS service and go to run msbackup get error "Microsoft Site Replication Service returned error returned from an ESE call function. There is only one exchange server and one site no forest. Do I need to backup the SRS database? How do I get the backup to work? The artcle says that the SRS database gets restored from backup. I have tried every thing I read about issues with SRS and have not resolved this. Thank you. The Site Replication Service is required only for co...

Limit a field to 3 digits 1 capital letter 1nd 2 numbers
Hi I want to use Data Validation to restric user for data entries I need that the user use this format in column B: 1 letter in capital and 2 numbers like A02 or S31 or T11 or M45 ..... I have try many custom formula without success I would also would like that within a range in column B that it would be without duplicate Thanks for helping hi Jean, =AND(LEN(A1)=3,NOT(ISNUMBER(--MID(A1,1,1))),ISNUMBER(--MID(A1,2,1)),ISNUMBER(--MID(A1,3,1)),EXACT(MID(A1,1,1),PROPER(MID(A1,1,1)))) -- isabelle Le 2011-12-13 10:50, jean a �crit : > Hi > > I want to use Data Validation to res...

Money Small Business #3
How do you keep old paid invoice from appearing on a customer statement. The new customer statement in 2004 now double spaces the old paid invoices compounding the problem, I have been reporting this problem for 3 years to Microsoft to make a change to limit the listing of old paid invoices. Any suggestiongs? I was thinking about using Archive. Thanks! ...

Problem Upgrading from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0
When I tried to upgrade from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0 and the installation checked all the system requirements,all the tests are ok exept one the IIS test and the error is "The Web site's NTAuthenticationProviders must be Negotiate,NTML".I've changed it to be Negotiate,NTLM from cmd C:\inetpub\adminscripts,i've changed it by typing in the command line: cscript adsutil.vbs set w3svc/NTAuthenticationProviders "Negotiate,NTLM" it worked but the setup couldn't pass the test again,made a few restarts but still nothing.Please help me solve this problem!Thanks in ...

crystal, data entry errors after install of 3.0 CRM
I installed CRM software. If i am on the machine and use the http://localhost:5555 everything works fine. When i go through network, log on as an added CRM user i 1. My crystal report does not come up, says could not display page 2. when i add/delete/modify data, it prompts me for username, password, plus hangs IE for about 5 minutes. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks bob rkbevis@rkneal.com ...

Disappearing Messages #3
I have configured Outlook to pickup and send mail via the AOL server (imap.aol.com). It generally works nicely however there have been some serious glitches. The AOL mail exists in a parallel folder system to the Outlook "Personal Folders". Many of the built in functions - searches, junk mail filters, etc. - do not work with AOL. There is a separate root folder containing its own "Sent Items" and "Inbox". This setup appears to have happened automatically. There is some conversation between the Personal Folders root folder and the imap.aol.com r...

Can you require comments be added during check in of a file (WSS 3
I would like to force my users to enter a comment each time they update a file using check in feature If your users doesn't see the importance of adding notes on check-in, what do you think they'll enter if forced? You'll have a changelog full of "asdf" :) I'd suggest first trying to talk to them and explain the consequences of them not entering a short description on check-in. Sincerely Tobias Karlsson "osbo26" <osbo26@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet news:9FCDB770-434E-429C-AE93-AE1CB9EC3261@microsoft.com... >I w...

Line Display Issues #3
We recently purchased a PartnerTech CD7220 pole display for one of our customers for use with Microsoft RMS. Using the provided configuration utility along with the OPOS drivers supplied with the RMS software, we got the pole display to work but there are some minor problems. First, the first line message overwrites the second line message when the system is idle, both of which are defined in RMS. For instance, if the first line was set to "Welcome to our store!" and the second line was set to display the date, the pole display would show "Welcome to our store!" on both lin...

Where to get the old ATL 3.0 ?
Hello, could anybody post an donload-link for ATL 3, please? Thanx Fred -- ...

remote uninstall using ARD 3
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, I am using Apple Remote Desktop 3 and trying to deploy software and remove software and have begun testing with Office 08. I managed to find the install portion but noticed there are issues removing the Office 08. Is there a way to run a "Send a UNIX command" to remove the Office 08 entirely? How would I find similar uninstall commands for other applications? Thanks for you help. Kent. <kyee@officeformac.com> wrote: Hi, > Hi, I am using Apple Remote Desktop 3 and trying to deploy softwa...

Solution to CRMEmail Router ver 3.0
Hi, It is my turn to repay my dues. Problem desription: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0 - went without problems Email router 1.2 uninstalled Follow Microsoft instruction on how to create CRM email account and add it to PrivUser group (ALSO EXCHANGE SERVER) then installed Email router 3.0 - successful but no any email traffic Solution to my problem: (if you can see your self try it) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ relay the CRM email from CRM's server SMTP service to EXCHANGE Procedure: (in my case) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ On the CRM server go to IIS admin console, right click SMTP > Proper...

Block Sender List #3
Greetings Is there anyway via outlook express or via an SDK or some function call to access the Block Sender list in text format, ultimately to be captured into an excel spreadsheet? I have a list of Block Senders that I wish to check and sort, in excel or a text file. All I can find is the graphic window which does not help much but look at it . Thanks in advance "Barry Fawthrop" <barryNOSPAM@ttienterprises.orgINVALID> wrote in message news:9EtRb.126808$I05.2401937@twister.tampabay.rr.com... > Greetings > Is there anyway via outlook express or via an SDK or some f...