Pop 3 email goes to never-never land

I'm using the Pop3 connector to retirive my ISP hosted email.

I have setup the connector as required, with the user account as the
destination.

When I force a download, the user email is downloaded (it disappears from
the ISP), but not delivered to the user account.

In fact, I can't find it anywhere...

I have the client Outlooks getting mail directly from the ISP, till I figure
this out (which works fine, I have 8 users..)

Undeliverable mail is supposed to show up in the admin account, it doesn't.

Where can I check?

thanks
mark semans

In news:uTulVCx7GHA.3644@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl,
Mark Semans <mark_semans@chartermi.net> typed:
> I'm using the Pop3 connector to retirive my ISP hosted email.
>
> I have setup the connector as required, with the user account as the
> destination.
>
> When I force a download, the user email is downloaded (it disappears
> from the ISP), but not delivered to the user account.
>
> In fact, I can't find it anywhere...
>
> I have the client Outlooks getting mail directly from the ISP, till I
> figure this out (which works fine, I have 8 users..)
>
> Undeliverable mail is supposed to show up in the admin account, it
> doesn't.
> Where can I check?
>
> thanks
> mark semans

Hi - I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and guess that you're using
Microft SBS....as the term "POP connector" has nothing to do with Outlook,
and has to do with mail servers, generally. Exchange has no native POP
connector. You should post in an SBS group if so....and if not, consult the
manufacturer of the third party POP connector for support on their product.

OT, but note that the POP connector method is not recommended - check out
http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_smtp_diatribe.htm

0
lanwench (7567)

SBS 2003 and Email Not Receiving

[ANN] Office 11.3.8 update

conversion #3
I am trying to upgrade from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003 on a new computer. When I attempt to export the data in my email files (inbox, sent,etc.)I do not have the "received" information exported - when mapping the fields I am unable to map several of the email fields; therefore, they are not exported. I have been unable to find the normal email fields to use in my mapping. How do I map normal email fields in an export operation? If I do not export this information my new computer has no idea when I received my old emails/ In the old days, the easiest way to keep all da...

BackUp #3
how i can take backup of all my company emailboxes and addresses? ...

Emails #8
i am recieving my emails ten minutes after everyone else in the company and it is started to effect urgent matters, i havegone into outlok tools to see if i could change anything but that doesnt seem to have worked, can someone please help What version of Outlook are you using? If Outlook 2003 do you have the Junk Mail filter turned on? Is this an Exchange Environment? If so, what version. "Kim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:fb2901c43e6f$d095b2a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >i am recieving my emails ten minutes after everyone else > in the co...

Retrieve Lost Email

multiple email identities

can't send or receive emails

Re: teach me how to send friends email

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

no access to send internet email

3 Levels in Extended Pricing
Is it possible in Extended Pricing to have 3 levels of discounts. I assume yes because the max level in price trace is 3. I set up my Base Price Book to be all my List Prices. I then set up another price book and set it to be 50% of Base (Dealer Pricing) and then I want another price book to be "10% off of Dealer" I would then assign customers to this special price sheet/book. So doing a price trace I would have: List: $100 Dealer Original $100 Percent off 50% Unit Price $50 Special Original: $50 Percent off 10% Unit Price $45 Under my "Price Sheet Detail Maintenance...

Email Statements from Collection Module

delays in recieving outside emails

email attachments
Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It probably isn't. Outlook 2007 has a new text editor that looks just like Word 2007, but it is in reality a separate text editor in its own .dll package. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "josie" <josie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5961A60C-462F-4CBA-A276-4A8D0F7FB1F5@microsoft.com... > Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It depends on which file of file or file extension the attachment is. Each type of file extension (*.txt, *.doc etc.) has a default program. It ...

date function #3

Custom reports #3

Remade Folders, Now Old Email Gone
I created a couple new profiles so I could separate my work and personal emails when I work from home. At the end of the process, when prompted by Outlook to remake my folders, I foolishly remade my folders. Now, all my old emails which were in my Inbox have gone missing. I searched for pab and pst files but they are not to be found. Any ideas will be most appreciated. Geoff You didn't even post your Outlook version or operating system. How are we supposed to help? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Geoff Robinson" <geoffr2@aol.com> wrote in message news:978b35e2.0406091...

Shared email account
I am new XP user. I have set up separate XP accounts for me and for my wife. I would like to have both of us to be able to use the same Outlook email address. How do I set up Outlook so that the 2 XP accounts look at the same Inbox, Sent Items, Address Book, etc.? Thanks, Dan P Locate the pst-file for the account that now has all the e-mails in it. Move the pst-file to a location both can reach (for instance C:\Outlook) Start Outlook fot that user and it will prompt you for the new location. Once configured close Outlook for that user and logon as the other user Open Outlook and choo...