Pls help with rules & junk mailbox filter clashing..

I have rules set up to organize files coming in from
different email account to go into different folders.
The problem I have is that the rules seem to make the
junk mail filter invalid.  It will move items from the
junk mail folder into the folders.  Is there anyway to
correct this issue?  There seems to be no way to set up
my rules to exclude anything that is junk from being
sorted into my folders, so I either have turn the rules
off to let the rules run,  or leave them on to sort but
lose my organization.

Anyone else had this issue & fixed it?

0
anonymous (74722)

Lisa wrote:

> I have rules set up to organize files coming in from
> different email account to go into different folders.
> The problem I have is that the rules seem to make the
> junk mail filter invalid.  It will move items from the
> junk mail folder into the folders.  Is there anyway to
> correct this issue?  There seems to be no way to set up
> my rules to exclude anything that is junk from being
> sorted into my folders, so I either have turn the rules
> off to let the rules run,  or leave them on to sort but
> lose my organization.
>
> Anyone else had this issue & fixed it?

After a few days of reviewing this subject, it appears a lot of us are
having this problem. Microsoft needs to FIX IT!!! Can someone get a hold
  of a PERSON at Microsoft and tell them about this???
0
tk1 (11)
3/3/2004 7:23:56 AM
Tell me about it.  I have been searching the net for any
suggestions & nothing is found.  I wish I could get soem
help from Microsoft or anyone.  I would have thought this
would have caught up with thme by now.

0
anonymous (74722)

help with log file
Got a database in SQL2005 that is basically a download of a daily flat text files and creating tables from them. The log.ldf file is frikkin huge. It's over 146GB and I don't need this, I have storage issues. How do I shorten down this file and keep it small forever? Hi Rocketman Have you read about managing the transaction log in the Books Online? How big is your database? What recovery model are you in? What kinds of backups are you doing, and how frequently? If you are not in SIMPLE recovery, and you don't back up your log, it will continue to grow. Even...

hide CEO mailbox
Is there is away to hide a mailbox from the GAL, not by using Hide from Exchange address lists “ exchange advanced tab” in exchange 2003 ? Our CEO would like to hide his name from general public in the GAL but at the same time, he wanted to make sure some of dept ( lawyers dept or VPs) can find him in the GAL. he only want certain people can view his name in the GAL. so i was wondering is there any ways we can modify in the Security to restrict users to view his information in the GAL ? you could create a "restricted" address list, perhaps, or perhaps instead, set delivery...

using if function..please help
i am trying to use the if function in the following manner. A B apple red apple red grapes purple grapes yellow star n/a if(B1:B5="n/a",0,countif(A1:A5, "star") I want to use this formula not only for 'star' but also for 'apple' and grapes' and many more such fruits which might have n/a later. But, everytime I use this formula it returns a 1..should it not return a 0 for when the value in B is n/a? Please help.. Thank you Are you trying to say that if any c...

Need help in accessing a sharepoint site that I created with the AllTemplates.exe
SBS2008 with WSS 3.0 I downloaded the AllTemplates.exe from Microsoft and installed the Helpdesk template. I can acess the Helpdesk site from SBS2008 and add things to it but I can't access it from a workstation. Can anyone help me out? Thanks You mean you can only access the site from the Server in local , right? maybe we need more information such as error message. how about doing "ping" or "tracert" result. can you access a normal web site (not sharepoint site) from the workstation ? do you get an authentication window ? "john doe" wr...

Disabling F1 key's Windows Help Function
We'll I guess the title says it all :) Just curious if there is an easy way to disable F1 from always trying to bring up Window's help whenever it is hit within the program. I find it more than a little annoying because even in my program where (I thought) I was capturing all keystrokes for a keyDown event (I added UINT MyClass:OnGetDlgCode() { return DLGC_WANTARROWS|DLGC_WANTALLKEYS|DLGC_WANTCHARS; } Hmmm, so can I add something else to this line perhaps (going to check on this now) in order to catch ALL keystrokes (or at least add something so windows help function will be di...

Outlook delegate-mailbox deletion problem
This sounds like an easy one however, haven't found resolution yet. Here's scenario... User B reported to User A and added A to his delegation for being copied on all meeting request replies (done from Outlook 2000). All was well until User A left the company and mailbox was subsequently archived and deleted. Ever since the mailbox deletion, all attendees accepting a meeting request from User B receive an NDR referencing inability to deliver reply to User A's mailbox. The typical answer would be to open User B's Outlook app, goto delegates and remove User A.. The problem is...

How does POP3 authenticate mailbox permissions?
Hi All, How does POP3 authenticate mailbox permissions? background: I working on a project to implement a Mailbox Management tool whichs uses POP3 to grab mails sent to about 300 mailboxes. I was using mailbox enabled generic accounts to configure the application (worked OK) but this is screwing up our enterprise directory. the only other solution is to create disabled mailboxes and add and non mail-enabled generic accounts to have full control of the 300 mailboxes. but the application throws up errors that the account hasn't got permissions on the mailbox. any ideas!! ...

Rule "On this computer only"
I have several books on Outlook but none of them explain what all these options do. Some of course are self explanitory however, I don't understand what exactly this rule "On this computer only" means to a message. Is this my computer or theirs? Can someone explain this to me. Thanks for any help you can give me. Skip Skip Bisconer <SkipBisconer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have several books on Outlook but none of them explain what all > these options do. Some of course are self explanitory however, I > don't understand what exactly this rule &...

Select Case help needed
I'm using a Select Case statement to check the value of 24 checkboxes on a form. If true for each case, run the related query. It seems to be running the first query it comes to and not continuing to check the rest. Below is sample code for the first 4 checkboxes. Can anyone help? Select Case True Case Me.chkQCT01.value = True DoCmd.OpenQuery "AccessMWapp", acNormal, acEdit Case Me.chkQCT02.value = True DoCmd.OpenQuery "AccessSEapp", acNormal, acEdit Case Me.chkQCT03.value = True DoCmd.OpenQuery "AccessSWapp", acNormal...

Quick Campaign "In Progress" HELP
I have a Quick Campaign that shows as "In Progress" for over a week now so it must be hung. How do I restart or get it going again? It sends out approx. 3000 emails each time. It got approx 2000 emails out and is now hung. I hace rebooted the CRM server itself but this had no impact. I'm afraid that if I do another Quick Campaign before resolving this it will just hang also. This has been working great for months until now. HELP! -- Dennis ...

Help with VBasic in Excel 2003
I'm using Excel 2003. I am working in a master worksheet named "SHPG RCVG RPT" which is on my desktop. After I enter all of the information and create my hyperlinks, I need to protect the worksheet and then save it to a different folder. The new name of the worksheet is determined by the purchase order # which is in cell D3. I need a macro which will: Protect the worksheet --> Name the worksheet using the purchase order # in D3 -->Save the worksheet in: F:\SHIPPING RECEIVING REPORT. I can't do this using the macro recorder because it won't let me click on the ...

Closely held secrets about junk email folder
All, Within my company, we occassionally send HTML formatted emails that end up in user's junk email folders and we have no idea why. In one instance it was a message that contained a large table structure in the body of the message, but once we preceeded the table with an empty <p> tag, it succeeded in going to the intended recipients. So in this case, it really wasn't the fact that we were targetting too many individuals, or that certain words were found in the message, it was just a silly design thing (apparently) that had caused the problem. It has dawned on me that it woul...

Need help with Access report
I designed an access report with a facility and a buch of contacts for that. I created a group on the facility ID. I want only a certain type of contact to show up in the facility group header and rest of the contact types in the details sectio. Before some takes a wag at answering this, could you provide a little better description? Individual contacts normally would display in the detail section, not "in the facility group header". Maybe you should type in some significant records/fields and how and why they should display in your report. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access M...

Pivot Chart Filter
I have two Pivot charts that compare similar data and have them displayed side-by-side. When I change the filters in one chart, I want to apply the same filter for the other chart. Is there a way to have one Pivot Chart Filter Pane control two or more Pivot Charts without having to click each chart and change to filter for each one? ...

Forms Help
I have a form, the form has an ID that goes through many test/parameters. All the test/parameters associated with the ID remains on a sub form for viewing. I would like to develop a series (a-z) for each ID,were repeating information for the id is carried throughout all ID's and the one test paramter that differed, thus changing the Series Letter will be changed. Do you have any suggestions. Thanks LA -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 14:04:05 GMT, "misschanda via AccessMonster.com" <u36612@uwe> wrote: >I have a form, the for...

vlookup problem please help
Hi experts, I have a problem in using vlookup function and have not been able to resolve for a year+. Hope I can find some help in this great forum. Many thanks in advance! An example as below. When I vlookup Material2 to Material1 for the Project No, I get the result 222-56 for all the duplicate Material1 values. In this case of having duplicate values in Material1 but associated with different Project Numbers, how can I have vlookup function to match the Project No. containg "AA" as 1st priority ? (and if there is no Project No. containing "AA", then vlookup to look f...

Size mismatch between stm/edb files and mailboxes
I am puzzled! Am running out of diskspace on our exchange drive and badly need to reduce the size of the exchange database. The total size of the priv1.edb and stm files is approx 6Gb. If I add up the total size of all the mailboxes as shown in ESM it comes to approx 1.5 Gb. Running eseutil /ms and calculating the free space for both files gives me approx 1.2Gb, which is what I believe I will regain by defragging the store. So where is my remaining 3.3Gb gone!!!! The online maintanence is completing fine each night. Deleted item retention is set to 0, and we haven't deleted any ...

Help Please #8
Thanks For The Info : -- mikeee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikeeee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1461 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26424 ...

Help with Expressions
We inventory wood poles in 19' lengths which we then cut into smaller pieces for our customers. Is there an expression I can use to help me reduce waste when we are cutting the poles? At one time, we may be cutting 10 to 30 peices in differing lengths ranging from 18" to 160" or larger. On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 05:42:01 -0800, LeLe <LeLe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We inventory wood poles in 19' lengths which we then cut into smaller pieces >for our customers. Is there an expression I can use to help me reduce waste >when we are cutting the p...

Function Help Please
Tuesday, April 14, 2009 That data above, once imported from a tab delimited file, is interpreted by Excel as General format. This is a couple of years worth of this data. I'd like to shorten the date while removing the day from the beginning. Highlighting the cell then manually changing the format to Date does nothing. I think my only option is to use a function that keeps all data after the first space. Thanks, AJ Select the column with those "dates" in it, then click Edit/Replace on Excel's menu bar... type these four characters (without ...

An Object could not be found??!? Please Help!
I have seen this question asked a few times on Web Forums as well as newsgroups, however it seems that none of the solutions seem to work for me. Here is my scenario. I recently purchased a brand new Dell Server and workstations. The Dell Server is configured as a PDC running Windows Server 2003. The workstations are running Windows XP with Office 2003 installed. The only other software installed on both server and workstations are Symantec Corporate Edition Virus v.7.6, and Exchange Server 2003 on the server. I ran the Exchange Server setup and all seemed to go well. I created a mailbo...

filter and sorting
I am trying to perform a ascending sort and keep getting an error ... this operation requires the merged cells to be identically sized. I have a table 3 top rows are the header with various merged cells, then I have a variable number of data rows (no merged cells), and finally there are several footer row with various merged cells. I am needing to sort the data rows, how can I do this? QB If you carefully select the data rows range between your upper and lower merged cells you can sort that range. Best to try to do without merged cells which cause these problems in the fi...

help with type mismatch
I keep getting a type mismatch error with the following code. Dim lngLoad As Long, lngUnload As Long, lngBobtail As Long 'find mileage where last loaded lngLoad = _ "SELECT Top 1 qryCalculateStatusMiles.Odometer " & _ "FROM qryCalculateStatusMiles " & _ "WHERE (((qryCalculateStatusMiles.StopPurpose) = '" & "Load" & "'" & ")) " & _ " OR (((qryCalculateStatusMiles.StopPurpose)= '" & "Unload/Reload" & "'&...

Report Filtering
I just added CRMAF to my query and now I get no results whatsoever no matter what filter I use. Has anyone seen this before and is there any way around it. I have a report with 3 subreports in it. All I wanted to do was be able to filter the main report but now I get nothing. Any suggestion will be appreciated. It looks there is something wrong with the filters. The common problems could be conflicting filters, for example one filtered defined using CRMAF and other filter was a static one defined in reports. You can do a SQL trace using SQL profiler. It will show up the final SQL st...

FIREWALL SETUP HELP
will some one tell me if I am using Terminal Server (ts) or Fast User Switching Session (fus) on my new HP. I am unable to download a new firewall program . the message reads: the firewall does not support remote TS, nor FUS Session. if using TS log on directly not remotely if using FUS disable it thus allowing firewall to work HELP ASAP!!! On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 17:38:34 -0700, "Mary Ann" <jam9991@aol.com> wrote: Out of scope of this newsgroup, which is about Microsoft Access database program. -Tom. >will some one tell me if I am using Terminal Server (ts) or Fas...