Playing a sound on certain emails

I have Outlook on my PC that has a Local Mailbox and a Public Mailbox. I can
get it to play sounds when files come into my local mailbox. But how do I
get it to run rules and play sounds when they go into the Public Mailbox?

Hope this makes sense.

Jon

email disclaimer notice
Does anyone know how to add a disclaimer/privacy tag line to all emails that are outbound (external to company domain)? E2K is the server... "LaurieMac" <eirualmac@hotmail.com> wrote in news:fb0901c3f1bc$be38b940 $a601280a@phx.gbl: > Does anyone know how to add a disclaimer/privacy tag line > to all emails that are outbound (external to company > domain)? > E2K is the server... > This is the most frequently asked question ever in this newsgroup. Here is a link for you: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;317327 A search on "exc...

Email Relaying...
Hey all... I am using asp.net pages to send emails out via my exchange server. When I try to send to email addresses which are on the server, I have no problems. When I try to send an email to an outside domain, such as hotmail or yahoo, I get an error saying "The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response was: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for xxxx@hotmail.com" (I blanked out the email for privacy, it is my own personal email) The sender and all recipients are email addresses which exist. I suspect the matter is that the server is not configured to al...

Using Document Hyperlinks in Email Publications
I thought I had read somewhere that you could use hyperlinks to documents in your email publications (where the documents are not saved on a web server). I was under the impression that the documents sort of "upload" and give the reader the option to "open" or "save" them. Is there a trick to doing this, if it is possible at all? Thanks You could "attach" the document to your email. In the body of the email give a statement, i.e., See attached file. Before sending the email, click on the Attach icon on the tool bar at the top which will give y...

Old iMac
Have attempted unsuccessfully to mass move 1200 emails from my old imac to my new imac. My problem is identifying where and what files need transferring. Can someone point me to a refernce or share some wisdom as how to do this??? ...

Automatically finishes entering email into TO box
How do I tell MS Outlook to automatically finish entering into the TO box (sending email)when I begin typing the person to whom I am sending mail? thanks! What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Gem asked: | How do I tell MS Outlook to automatically finish entering | into the TO box (sending email)when I begin typing the | person to whom I am sending mail? | t...

Forwarded emails now go as an attachment
When I forward emails within Outlook they now go as an attachment. Can anybody explain why and how to get it back to normal TIA Hodge tools, options, email options - do you have it set on as attachment? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ &quo...

Contacts in email to do not match contacts entered
I have entered roughly 100 contacts into Windows Live. I have grouped them according to certain criteria. When I go to write an email, the contacts are all in the wrong groups. Any suggestions? The term groups was dropped a while ago...unlike OE or Windows Mail the term is now 'Categories' You created categories in ??? a. Windows Live Mail b. Windows Live Hotmail When composing a message are you clicking the To: button and selecting the category and then clicking the plus(+) sign adjacent to the category to expand the contents and reveal the email addresses ? ...

email archiving...
We are looking at implementing an email archiving solution and are looking at several solutions - both SaaS and in house solutions. I am currently looking at SaaS solutions Spam Soap (as we already have their spam and virus service) and Google's Message Discovery service - and for in house I have looked at a solution from C2C Archive One so far. Can anyone recommend any other solutions you have used (or are using) and are quite happy with? We are running Exchange 2000 on a small business server. Thanks, Brad On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 15:39:02 -0500, "Brad Pears&qu...

Printing LOTS of emails
I have to print a lot of emails - possibly several thousand. I have a macro that sends them to the printer, but is there a way I can read the contents and write them to a text file? I'd like them to look as much as possible like the actual printed copies do. It seems I MIGHT be able to open a text file, then write out the relevant fields, like: Open OutMail for output as 1 for each MailItem a$ = mailitem.field1 if len(a$)>0 then print #1,a$ a$=mailitem.field2 if len(a$)>0 then print #1,a$ etc. Print #1, "End of this mailitem" next Mailitem Close 1 Will this...

- Duplicate emails from pop3 downloads
I do a pop3 download from my ISP and receive duplicate emails in Outlook 2003. I don't want to delete my messages from the server (and shouldn't have to) because I consider them to be a backup safety net. Everything worked fine in Outlook 2000, but since I switched to 2003 I can't get rid of this problem. Any good answers out there? persads schrieb: > I do a pop3 download from my ISP and receive duplicate emails in Outlook > 2003. I don't want to delete my messages from the server (and shouldn't > have to) because I consider them to be a backup safet...

Using Frx and email
This may be long so bear with me. I have multiple questions. I am using lotus notes for email. I found another thread that talked about instructions using lotus notes that I plan to test out. However, I had other questions. 1. I am assuming that I can select any output option when using the email function in FRx. For example, if I selected the drill down viewer, the recipient would need the viewer installed on their PC. However, if I selected formatted XLS, they could open it with their excel application. Let me know if I'm wrong on this theory. 2. My question is about cha...

Senders email address in saved attachment
Hi, I'm currently using the below VBA to export all email attachments into one folder. I however also need to capture the senders email address, preferrably in the file name of the saved attachment. Is this possible or are you able to advise another solution to capture this information? '<DieseOutlookSitzung> Public Sub LoopMailFolderByFolderPath() On Error GoTo ERR_HANDLER Dim oFld As Outlook.MAPIFolder Dim obj As Object Set oFld = GetFolder("Mailbox - ! TSN Credit Approvals\testing") If Not oFld Is Nothing Then For Each obj In...

How to set up multiple users with same email account
I currently have the following set up on my XP Home SP3 using Outlook Express 2 user accounts on XP (mine and my wife's) 3 email accounts - all from one ISP (pop3) - (one for me only, one for my wife only, one for both of us) The address book is shared out to all email accounts. As Outlook Express is not supported in Windows 7 and I am not too keen on Windows Live Mail, I was thinking of moving over to Outlook 2003 (which I also have). Is it possible to set up the same construct I have with OE using Outlook 2003 and how is such a thing possible. I have seen articles ...

How do I cancel email redirect when there was no rule set up?
My emails are automatically redirected form my office email to my home, both computers use Office 2003. I need to cancel this redirect, but there is no rule in my rules folder. I did this years ago so I can't be certain how it was set up. Any suggestions? "Carla" <Carla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA58A8FC-1E12-47A3-AF1A-ADFB2765867D@microsoft.com... > My emails are automatically redirected form my office email to my home, both > computers use Office 2003. I need to cancel this redirect, but there is no > rule in my rules fold...

how to get internal email in the queue ?
Hi, I know that an internal email that is forwarded to an emailaddress that is setup as a queue will not arrive in ms crm, but I need to have a workaround for this. Any sugguestions ? I assume it must be possible to get around this. Please help. Regards Wim Wim - I've been able to set up a free forwarding account outside the domain - something like mydomain_helpdesk@yahoo.com - and set up that external account to automatically forward all email back into my helpdesk address - helpdesk@mydomain.com (which is associated with the CRM Queue) - So, instead of emailing the CRM Queue dire...

Unexpected Error when Sending Email from CRM
Hello All, When my users attempt to send an email from within CRM 1.2 the following error is shown to them; Unexpected Error. An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator. When I review the event logs I see the following error: Any ideas??? thanks MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------- Error: <description>An unexpected error occurred.</description><details>An error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : Unexpected error : 6 (SOAPCLIENT_...

can't sent email
I use Outlook 2003. I have a paid ISP. I never had a problem till I installed Norton Internet Security; afterwhich I could download but not send. Turning off NIS personal firewall helped for a bit, but not for long. Somehow it got fixed. (???) Recently my hard drive crashed and I put a new one in. Since then I can download email, but cannot send it. It stays in the Outbox. I have tried Help, I have made sure my settings are the same as all the other computers in the network. I know others have had this problem, but I have not seen a solution that works. Thanks, pgregg Turn off AV sca...

Email that make receving failed (Outlook 2003)
Hi, I'm in charge of a mail server with over 100 domains and I have this problem only with a few users. Many email cause Outlook 2003 to stop the receinving process. Some times is a spam message but other times is a legitime email. When the user do a send/received, if a "bad" email is on the server, they can't retrieve theirs new email. The send receive process failed and then they have to go on the webmail to delete the email (or via another program). If they leave the mail there and try to do a send/received again, they will download a few email a second time but when...

Outlook 2007
I would appreciate anyone advising me as to how to export emails from Outlook to Excel so I get columns, for example: 'to', 'subject', 'date' (I want to insert more columns once the emails are in Excel.) Maybe comma limited file .csv ? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!! Tried the Export feature already? It allows you to export to various file types including xls and csv. An alternative method can be found here; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/exportcontacts.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlo...

Outlook 2000 slow at opening new emails
Hello... We have a WinXP Pro laptop on a NT network with Outlook 2000 on it, the laptop has a standard network conection and syncs emails when off-line. It also has a bluetooth connection, but the default connection is a standard network port. When a new email comes in and the user tries to open the email Outlook hangs. We did do a system restore which seemed to help but the problem comes back again. No new software had been added so I'm not sure why a system restore worked, initially. Could it be something to do with the network connection and email sync...or what? It's the company ...

HTML Email distorted in Hotmail
I create a table with about a dozen rows of cells in Outlook as an HTML document. For some reason, when I e- mail it to myself and open it in Outlook the formatting is just as I sent it. No problem. However, when I send it to a hotmail account, the font in at least one cell is reduced half-way through the line. If I hperlink the title in the first cell, the font also shrinks down to more than half its size. ( Less important, but noteworthy, is what happens when the same e-mail sent to hotmail is forwarded or replied to. Hotmail converts it to a text message only so all the colour and ...

Cannot get emails back from Deleted Items folder
Outlook 2003 After deleting an email, I normally can move the email from the Deleted Items folder back to my Inbox. Or after deleting, I can Undo and it restores the email back to its original folder. Now, for some unknown reason, the Deleted Items folder will not let go of emails. I tried moving, clicking and dragging, and undoing, but they are stuck in the Deleted Items folder. All I can do to survive is copy them back. Any solution to this? how 'full' is the deleted folder and the folder you want to move them back into? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself ...

Virtual user supports in exchange server (a email account without actually creating a email account)
I want to provide email service to my customer, but I don't want to create real user account and email account for each one. for example, I want to assign email like xyz123@mycompany.com to my customer, but I don't really have a email account named "xyz123" setup for it. Still, I want to be able to look at all the new email in the exchange server and extract those emails and doing somework accordingly. Does anyone know if Exchange server support this feature? If not, any other window based email server support it? Thank you so much for the help.. --Xin Chen In news:...

composing email with name rather than email address
I have my address book set up by name, but when I put a name in the "TO" field, by clicking it then clicking the addressee I want, the email address goes into the "TO" field. I want the proper name to go there. How do I dow this? thx Post your Outlook version when you have a question. There are 7. Each behaves differently in this regard. In most, you must change the Display Name field for the Contact in question. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "sam" <fistdog@hotpop.com> wrote in message news:715c01c3e6fb$d226e510$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have my ad...

Outlook 2007 will not display email addresses!
I can't imagine I'm the only one with this problem, yet I'm unable to find any information about this problem in any newsgroup, web forum, web page, etc... I just upgraded from Outlook Express to Outlook 2007. In an email message in Outlook 2007, if I double click on the name of the sender (or the receipient) nothing happens!!!! In Outlook Express, I would get a nice little window showing me their email address. How else can I find out the email address of a person? All I can see is their first/last name. Outlook is not an "upgrade" to Outlook Express. These two progr...