Plain text freindly..

Please make this product (v10.6515.6626) easier to use for
those of us who have standardized on plain text messages.
Specifically:

* Have ONE setting to configure the mailer to send and
receive in plain text.
* The reply option does not reliably start in plain text
mode
* Make the spell checker smarter to avoid checking quoted
plain text.
* Keep the inbox from making hits onto the internet (which
is all spam anyway and therefore a privacy breech)
* When replying, only quote *selected* text to keep
messages short.
* Make a "paste as quotation" option so that text may be
inserted in quotes.

This stuff is so obvious I cannot believe this product is
having trouble with it.

George Woodard
Seattle,Wa
0
anonymous (74722)

1) What do you mean by this? There is one location to change the default
value in Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format and one option to change it in
the message to make exceptions

2) Give examples. Note that when you reply you always reply in the same
format as the original message

3) Known issue. It gives you a warning about it as well.

4) Done in Outlook 2003

5 + 6) you can make the suggestion here;
http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/suggestions.aspx

--
Roady [MVP]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Setting Permissions on a Mailbox

-----
"George Woodard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please make this product (v10.6515.6626) easier to use for
> those of us who have standardized on plain text messages.
> Specifically:
>
> * Have ONE setting to configure the mailer to send and
> receive in plain text.
> * The reply option does not reliably start in plain text
> mode
> * Make the spell checker smarter to avoid checking quoted
> plain text.
> * Keep the inbox from making hits onto the internet (which
> is all spam anyway and therefore a privacy breech)
> * When replying, only quote *selected* text to keep
> messages short.
> * Make a "paste as quotation" option so that text may be
> inserted in quotes.
>
> This stuff is so obvious I cannot believe this product is
> having trouble with it.
>
> George Woodard
> Seattle,Wa

0
Roady
5/11/2004 10:32:32 PM
George Woodard <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Please make this product (v10.6515.6626) easier to use for
> those of us who have standardized on plain text messages.
> Specifically:
>
> * Have ONE setting to configure the mailer to send and
> receive in plain text.

That setting is already available.  Search MS's Knowledgebase for
"ReadAsPlain".  (Hint: ID=307594)

> * The reply option does not reliably start in plain text
> mode

The above along with specifying Plain Text as your default sending format
should work.

Also, using Outlook-Quotefix can help a great deal.  Google for it.
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)

Text manipulation in update query
I want to compare two tables, in order to update fields in either table. The fields that I am matching on are text. Table 1 field key_num xxx-1234567-8_nn Table 2 field key_num xxx12345678 How can I parse out the hyphens and the _nn portion, so I can match on the fields? Mid([table1],1,13) Start at the 1st character and show the next 13. -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "Tony in Michigan" wrote: > I want to compare two tables, in order to update fields in either table. The > fields that I am matching on are text. > Table 1 field key_...

Great Plains 10.0 Workflow installation Error
Hi, I am trying to install GP 10.0 Workflow on my PC. I have installed GP 10.0 on my Windows Server 2003 SP2 system with Sharepoint 2007 and completed all the pre-requisites required for installing GP 10.0 Workflow. While I am at the end of the installation process after providing GP Webservice and GP Security Service paths, an error dialog box appears on my screen displaying "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 must be installed in order to continue with the installation.". I have already installed .Net versions 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 earlier. Can anyone help me out on this?? I have foun...

saving default value for a text box
I'm using a text box for notes (it's not associated with any tables). When user entered some text there I'd like that this text would appear on the next time when user would open this form. I'm trying to use the following: Private Sub PrintHeaderText_AfterUpdate() Dim new_text As String new_text = Me.PrintHeaderText Me.PrintHeaderText.DefaultValue = "'" & new_text & "'" End Sub .... and the following code: Private Sub CloseButton_Click() DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Form.Name, acSaveYes End Sub But when I open the form again ...

Populate drop down with text from bookmarks in Word VBA
I'm trying to create a macro to be used 'on exit' from a drop down where the user selects their work scheme, and the drop down for the employees is populated from bookmarked text entries depending on what scheme they selct. The text is just that, text which has been bookmarked. 'namedd' is the drop down to be populated, 'callsigndd' is the drop down where they first select their work scheme; the bookmarks Camberwell1 through to Camberwell16 are the bookmarks from which I want the entries in the 'namedd' to be populated. It doesn't work though and gives a...

To "collapse" text within a new message
Is there a way to add text within an email message so that it can be "expanded" or collapsed" by the reader upon receipt? Sounds like you are referring to an attachment, Word doc or Notepad text file. Eric_G wrote: > Is there a way to add text within an email message so that it can be > "expanded" or collapsed" by the reader upon receipt? No, because Outlook (and many other mail clients) don't support active content. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Ce...

open 2 forms with matching text box
I have a form with command button and text box how can I open another form but with condition textbox is equal in 2 forms I mean (matching) by command button on the main form. Hi, here is an example DoCmd.OpenForm "frm2ndForm", , , "([VisSiteNo] = " & Me.txtVisSiteNo & ") " --frm2ndForm is the name of the form to open --[VisSiteNo] is a number field, if [VisSiteNo] was a text field use "([VisSiteNo] = """ & Me.txtVisSiteNo & """) " --txtVisSiteNo is the name of the textbox on the 1st form, [V...

Where is the text to speech in excel 2000 #2
I know I have speech on my computer, it is in the control panel but I can't find it any where else. I have tried to search the help in excel and word with no luck. Any help would be great! What you need is to start Narrator. It works with most applications with varing degrees of helpfulness "Hifly" wrote: > I know I have speech on my computer, it is in the control panel but I can't > find it any where else. I have tried to search the help in excel and word > with no luck. Any help would be great! ...

Cells formatted for general and text show scientific format
I am working on an Amazon.com shipping confirmation upload. The workbook is downloaded from amazon.com. When I enter the Order Item ID number which is 14 characters, it displays in scientific format. I have tried general, number and text formats. Number format works if there is no leading zero but general and text do not. - Are you formatting the column for Order Item ID number before entering the data? That should solve the problem. - If you are formatting after entering the data, selecting F2 (Edit) in a cell will then put that cell into the correct text format (except for leedi...

How do I format a long number fields as text in an Excel .CSV file
I am creating an Excel .csv text file with a program and I am trying to format a field that contains about 20 numbers as a text filed. When I open the .csv file with Excell that column does not show correctly. It appears that Excel is trying to treat it as a number. It tried bounding the field with double quotes and that doesn't seem to make a difference. The filed still shows up with an "E" towards the right end of the filed that I can't make go away. Cyber, It's probably happening when you open the csv file with Excel, not when the file was written. Open t...

Code Snippet of Display Text on Button Control
Hi, I want to display a text on a button which is dragged from the toolbox and placed on the dialog. I have posted a message regarding this ----> "Displaying text on a controls" I got the reply. But it is not still working Here is the code snippet..... MyApplicationDlg.h CButton m_button_control; MyApplicationDlg.cpp void CMyApplicationDlg::DoDataExchange(CDataExchange* pDX) { CDialog::DoDataExchange(pDX); DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_BUTTON_TEST, m_button_control); } BOOL CMyApplicationDlg::OnInitDialog() { CDialog::OnInitDialog(); (GetDlgItem(IDC_BUTTON1))->SetW...

Text Boxes and Font
Is there a way to high light all the texts in the text boxes at once (incase you need to change the size of fonts etc) i have tried with control but it highlights the actual text box. i was wondering if it was possible to do this without using the format painter becauser tghis is time consuming when you have abvout 70 text boxes to change the font or size in. thanks for any feedback Patch <Patch@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Is there a way to high light all the texts in the text boxes at once > (incase you need to change the size of fonts et...

Outlook default text for HTML
Hi all, When I use "send to...mail recipient" to send a file to someone it opens a message window in text mode. When I change this to HTML it defaults to Times New Roman font. How can I make it NOT go to Times New Roman? E.G. something like Arial ? This is very annoying because I have to highlight the entire message, then do multiple clicks and scroll through the entire fonts menu. Can the font default be changed and if so, where ? any help would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks in advance. Mike marvin0069 'at' nc 'dot' rr 'dot' com You can'...

Text Placement on Bars in Gaant Chart
I would like to add text to the top of summary bars, as several strech for several months and it would be more convenient for the viewer to have the title centered rather than offset to the side (right). When I alter the format of the bar text for the summary bars, however, it increases the distance between all of the bars within my entire project. The additional space added to my project makes viewing the project extremely difficult. For the dozen or so shorter tasks within the summary, having the text off to the right is fine. Is there a way that I can have text placement a...

Text in a filled text box not printing on PS printers
I am having problems printing Word 2007 documents to PostScript printers. the problem has been reproduced on different computers. the problem seems to be fixed in Office 2010. On any page in Word with a transparent image or an image with a drop shadow, text in any text box with a color-fill background does not print correctly. The text appears correct on screen and in print preview and prints correctly to a non-PS printer. The problem can be reproduced as follows: 1. Create a new image in MS Paint, save the image as a .jpg. 2. Create a new Word document, insert the new .jpg...

text not showing when i type in the email body
when i type in the body of the email nothing shows up. i can type in the subject and type in address. i cant copy and paste from a word doc. any suggestions. thx What version of Outlook are you using? I assume you've already tried rebooting? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "yanto" <yanto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DEEB82A-EF41-4692-9470-8713...

How do I turn a scanned handwritten document into text?
I would like to be able to scan pages in a handwritten journal, and be able to edit them as text in MS Office (OneNote or Word). I have MS Office 2007 + MSO 2003, also OneNote 2007. I use a pen and tablet, so I can manually use handwriting in the Office Programs. I have a scanner. I have tried the Document Imaging program in MSO Tools, that scans a typed document in TIFF format. However, handwritten documents don't seem to work. Surely, there must be a solution Out There? On Jan 3, 4:48=A0am, TeaPatch <TeaPa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would like to be...

Excel = MS Word, Text Functions?, Edit | Fill | Justify??
Hello, I posted a question at excel.misc regarding using excel as a word processor. http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_frm/thread/790757e9a328eee3/9002ea974dde7cc1 I was attempting to use text functions (trim, mid, etc. ) to "wrap" text as it would in MS Word. And Myrna brought to my attention that I could use edit | fill | justify option to somewhat accomplish what I'm trying to do. Is there another alternative using macros? There's almost always an alternative using macros. Whether it's an alternative that makes sense to do dep...

Great Plains 8.0 y CRM
Hi, There is any issue to know about GP 8.0 and CRM installation, both in the same server? LIke security, performance... something like that... Thanks a lot. -- Evelin. ...

Auto Text of Email Addresses
When i am starting a new email and i go to enter the name of the recipient in the TO: box - i enter the first letter and a bunch of names i have used in the past come up (auto text is the only thing i can assume it is called). How do you go about removing some of these addresses that automatuically come up if you no longer want them>? It's called AutoSuggest ;-) To remove an address from there, simply highlight it by using your arrow keys and press Delete on your keyboard. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.ho...

wrap text in a chart data table #2
Hi, Im have created a graph, which ive had no problem, but i when i click the option to "show data table" i cannot get the titles to wrap to the box, i have searched but i cannot find an option to wrap the text as i need it for a presentation. I do not want to just simply alter the font size if possible. Is there anyway of doing this? ...

Text Box color problem
Have text boxes filled with one colour gradient fill from the standard palette, ,90% transparency at the top (very light color) to 100% transparency at the bottom. all looks fine on screen yet when printed its ignoring the transparency and printing full colour at the top to 100% transparency at the bottom any ideas as to why this might be Office 2007, document saved in 2003 .doc format thanks -- bazwillrun ...

Pasting text with double quotes
I'm trying to paste text that contains double quotes into Excel. Example: "Bob Anderson" 36475tmmn8766 Excel is stripping out the double-quotes upon pasting. I've look everywhere for an option or setting to override this but have been unsuccessful. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks - Bob A. Some additional info...the stripping only occurs when a double-quote is the first character in the string. If there is more than one quote it will strip out the first two it encounters. On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:30:00 -0800, Bob Anderson <banderson1962@yahoo.com> wrote: >...

copy text with comma eliminated
Dear all, I have a series of text seperate by comma in Column A A shop, table, toy, car mon, light, book radio, phone now I want to copy them one by one to Column B, with the comma eliminated B shop table toy car mon light book radio phone How to do it by formula? thanks Kent ...

Text distortion issues in PowerPoint
I am having some text distortion issues in PowerPoint 2003. I think it may be a conversion issue - i.e., a 2007 template was applied to report created in 2003 and now some of the text is distorted. And interestingly, it's only in slideshow view, and it's not consistent throughout; sometimes the text is distorted and other times the numbers are distorted. It prints fine and looks fine in normal view. Are there any fixes for this? ...

MISSING TEXT 01-21-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Since i upgraded to snow leopard all of the text is missing from my emails. If i check my sent mail folder the email has the text. I have looked at all my settings and i can't find what i'm doing wrong. I have checked the colour just to make sure i'm not typing in white. any clues to what may be happening. many thanks <br> Guesty44 ...