picking up old mail from a popserver

I am moving from a Groupwise office which has popserver access to mail and
want to use outlook to 'pop' in to collect all my mail from the server.
However it only seems to pick up the recent mail. Even though the earlier
mails have been marked as unread on the server.

Is there a setting on the outlook client which will force it to pick up all
unread mail on a server

thanks Drew

0
dmcdonald (1)

Excel Mail Merge #2
I have information I would like to mail out to my customers in excel on a page by page basis. (each customer has there own page in excel). I would like to create letters to email/mail out to my customers which includes the excel information. How do I do this? Everytime I try a mail merge in Word and import the excel spreadsheet as labels it includes all of the pages instead on just a single page. For example: Excel (sheet 1) Customer 1 ### #### ### #### ------------------------------------------------------ Page Break Customer 2 ##...

Can i back up all my e-mails to CD?
Just wondering if there is a way to backup all my e-mails to disc? They're all in my outlook inbox, and i would like to keep them after i format today. THanks Yep, close Outlook and burn the pst-file to a CD. When you want to access it again copy it back to your harddisk and remove the "Read Only" file property To access your pst-file on the new computer; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... To set it as the default delivery location; Tools-> E-mail Accounts...-> button Next-> use the dropdownlist below -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com...

Returned e mail messages
Hi, I have posted several times but the answers that I have had have not helped me. I have two accounts set up in Outlook 2002 one Yahoo account and one with a hosting company called oneandone internet. I have followed the account setup on both accounts to the letter and can send and receive mail messages to and from anyone on my contact list. However any mail or address that is sent to me via ebay's mail forwarding system cannot be replied to either by hitting reply in outlook or by sending an original e mail to the address. I always get a returned mail/undeliverable message whi...

Attachments, stripped from e-mail
A friend sent me a DVD driver in an .exe file, but Outlook blocked access to it. He's running XP PRO and Outlook 2002, as am I. Is there any way we can make a usuable file attachment? See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm for steps on how to configure and acquire the blocked attachment. "Steppenwolf" <aspenbus"@"bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:%Erbd.317185$%n4.143602@bignews6.bellsouth.net... >A friend sent me a DVD driver in an .exe file, but Outlook blocked access >to it. > He's running XP PRO and Outlook 2002, as am ...

out look as default mail Q?????
How do i set-up ms outlook as my default email, using aol.com. as a service provider???? Thanks----------------- "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C97D7A47-990F-4DB1-945B-203570B14D7B@microsoft.com... > How do i set-up ms outlook as my default email, using aol.com. as a > service > provider???? As far as I know AOL doesn't support using Outlook as its mailreader. You'd have to check with them -- unless they allow POP/SMTP connection for e-mail I'm affraid you're out of luck. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNot...

New mail has arrived pop up
The "New mail has arrived" pop-up on Outlook has frozen and can not be closed, even by reboot. HELP PLEASE. ...

Leaving the mail on the server using outlook
How dow we leave the mail on the server after its checked using outlook. I know the setting in outlook express but cant seem to find it in outlook2003. Thanx It's in the advanced properties of your Internet Mail account....tools, email accounts, view/modify....etc. Sandeep wrote: > How dow we leave the mail on the server after its checked > using outlook. I know the setting in outlook express but > cant seem to find it in outlook2003. Thanx ...

E-Mail Attachments in OWA and on Windows Mobile Device are 0-byte files
Hello, I am running SBS 2003 SP1 with Exchange 2003 SP2. I also use a Windows Mobile 5.0 device with MSFP, and am using Exchange ActiveSync to receive e-mail on the WM device. The WM device has no other e-mail services configured. I recently discovered that if I use an HTTP client (OWA, WM device) to access an e-mail attachment, the attachment is saved as a 0-byte file. This is true both on my WM device, and any time I am using OWA to access e-mail. The same attachments are properly saved from Outlook. I have read KB817442, "IIS 6.0: Antivirus Scanning of IIS Compression Directory May...

WISHLIST: new over old, boot format, compress/copy hidden
I'm wondering where we suggest things we'd like in future Windows? I wish when you overwrite files, that you can have a feature/option which saves the newer version. I'm upset I can't format a boot disk on USB. I've often gtten in trouble because I copoed or compressed something and hidden files didn't come along. Sometimes on the same disk. - = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2 ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Ev...

Duplicate e-mail msgs
After changing providers, I set up my Outlook Express to recieve the e-mails rather than leaving them on the web mail site.. I am now getting two of every msg. I have gone into Tools>accounts>mail and removed all accounts but this new address, but still receiving 2.. I then went back in and went on further to properties >general and unchecked the "include this account when receiving*" box.. Then I receive NO e-mails when i send a test msg.. Can someone tell me what I am missing?? Thanks so much.. If you haven't rebooted after removing the old account, do...

OE removes access to unsafe attachments in mail
how do i fix this problem. i am unable to open any emails with attachments. can anyone help on a fix for this? thanks Uncheck the second box from the top after selecting Tools | Options | Security tab in Outlook Express. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "us4857" <us4857@frontiernet.net> wrote in message news:036301c3ce66$9d279970$a601280a@phx.gbl... > how do i fix this problem. i am unable to open any > emails with attachments. can anyone help on a fix for > this? thanks "...

deleted e-mail #4
Is email the in inbox of Outlook Express 6 stored on a microsoft exchange server. If so, how can I retrieve it. My computer crashed and all my email dissappeared from the Outlook express program files >Is email the in inbox of Outlook Express 6 stored on a microsoft >exchange server. If so, how can I retrieve it. My computer crashed and >all my email dissappeared from the Outlook express program files The inbox of Outlook Express is stored on your local hard drive. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/Computers/OneNoteFAQ.htm Sc...

For Garry VanderMolen
Garry VanderMolen. Below I have copied the 3 box's given when trying to connect to the 2nd IMAP account. 1st. [Window Title] Windows Mail [Content] There are not any folders to show for this account. Would you like to view a list of available folders now? [Yes] [No] [Footer] Get &help from communities 2nd. [Window Title] Downloading Folders from imap.tools.sky.com Jenay [Main Instruction] Downloading Folders [Content] Downloading the list of folders available on the server. This may take a few minutes if you have a slow connection. [Cancel] [Footer] Connect...

how to disable security check for incoming signed mails
Greetings. When I recieve digitally signed mail it freezes Outlook for 5 seconds. I suspect it is verifying this signature during this time. Frankly, I don't give a crap. I wan't my fast response from my Outlook. How do I disable this? Thank you. ...

Remove old account infor
Hi, how do I purge old account information that is assoiciated with my hotmail address? I wanted to start new and created a new 'live' ID, but I would rather stay with my old email account. Thanks, Markus In microsoft.public.money, Markus wrote: >Hi, how do I purge old account information that is assoiciated with my >hotmail address? I wanted to start new and created a new 'live' ID, but I >would rather stay with my old email account. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323964 ...

Mass e-mail with templates (email type of mail merge)
Hello all, I have seen CRM's ability to create a e-mail template that can incorporate fields from CRM records. However when you want to send the e-mail to a list of recipients, the fields are populated with only one of the records in the list, and the same e-mail is then sent to all of the contacts. This seems counter-intuitive. Isn't there a way to have CRM do a traditional mail merge type of operation that mimics the merge feature in word? Basically what I want to be able to do is create a template, and given a list of contacts etc. send an individualized email to each ...

Multiple Mail Domains
Hi together! I have front-end/back-end Exchange. I want to deploy multiple mail domains for secure IMAP4 and POP3. For example mail.domain1.com, mail.domain2.com, etc. Must I create the virtual domains for IMAP4 and POP3 on both front-end and back-end Exchange server? Or only on one server (which server)? Do I need also to create SMTP domains for each mail domain? Best Regards Mustafa ...

Change date of many mails in the exchange database
Hello Our exchange server had its date changed for an unknown reason (ntp problem it seems) to 2014 ! All the mails that arrived while the date was incorrect are now tagged as received in 2014, and then are always at the top of the mailbox's users, it's a big problem as the users need all theirs mails correctly ordered on date. Is it a way to correct this on all the emails? automatically? or even manually? Thanks a lot for your help ! Cheers On 18 avr, 08:20, mkso...@hotmail.com wrote: > Hello > > Our exchange server had its date changed for an unknown reason (ntp > pr...

Trouble with internal links in HTML-formatted e-mail

Yahoo mail doesn't connect with Outlook Express
I've got a paid account with Yahoo, and they swear up and down that they'll work with POP programs like Outlook. My newsgroups work fine (obviously), but every time I try to get outlook to access my email, I get an error message that the server connection was unexpectedly terminated. I tried SBC helpdesk, followed their instructions to the T, with no luck. Has anyone else run into this? Any suggestions? Thanks Are you using a firewall that scans email? Antivirus software scanning email? If so, disable the email scanner portion. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, T...

PLEASE HELP: Outlook2003 Send Mail Error
Can anyone help me with this problem. Everytime I try to send out an email. It gets rejected and I get this message: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'vpvaughn@aol.com' on 5/5/2010 4:26 PM 554 5.2.1 554 AOL will not accept delivery of this message Van wrote: > Can anyone help me with this problem. Everytime I try to send out an email. > It gets rejected and I get this message: > > The following recipient(s) could not be reached: > > 'vpvaughn@aol.com' on 5/5/2010 4:26 PM > 554 5.2.1 554 AOL will not accept delivery of...

Mass enabling Outlook Web Access Junk Mail option
Under Outlook Web Access (Exchange 2003), there is no way to set the 'Junk Email' filtering option to 'On' for a large number of users. This is a problem for me and several other users, because we have the new Intelligent Message Filter (IMF) enabled, but we need the Junk Mail filtering option to be enabled to make use of it. Informing every user to change the option is unlikely to work, especially in a managed environment like a school. Using the option to block messages at the store-level is also not suitable because for less-certain messages with lower scores, it&#...

How to reset the default placement of newly opened mail
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: imap I'm new to Entourage and there are frustrating aspects thus far. My latest one is that all newly opened mail pops up over the toolbar that I must click to reply to that mail. Every time I go to reply, delete, etc. I must click on the top of the mail and move it down to a position below the toolbar so I can access the tools. <br><br>Is there a way to reset this default placement of an opened piece of mail? I've searched every tool and can't find a way to do this. Please help...this is so...

Old e-mails in inbox/Junk box with wrong date stamps, "unknown" au
Junk Mail inbox filling up with author unknowns, old e-mails with wrong date stamps showing up in Junk box. New e-mails being deleted off yahoo mail server even though I checked option to leave mail on server. Skarmio;1219213 Wrote: > Junk Mail inbox filling up with author unknowns, old e-mails with wrong > date > stamps showing up in Junk box. New e-mails being deleted off yahoo mail > server even though I checked option to leave mail on server. Sounds like a lot of spam, no way to stop it once they get your address. A possible solution. Open a new account. Giv...

Mail to internal and external domains received twice internally...
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone could help me diagnose a problem with an exchange setup I look after. One user is sending out a mail everyday to multiple recipients (both internally and externally). The internal recipients receive the mail twice. On examination of the headers on the second mail, I see the mail has come from our smart host. Out current setup is two exchange servers (live and a temp one which has some live accounts) both servers have virtual smtp connectors configured for all unassigned IP's and there is a smart host set up for external mail as we are behind NAT'd IP. ...