Personal folders??

HI
I use hotmail for my email account and have installed outlook xp. I am tryin
to add my hotmail account to outlook but its installing under a new mail box
(hotmail). Is there anyway I can use the personal folders rather than the new
hotmail main folder?
0
steab84 (1)

No. Hotmail needs it's own folder set.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"steab84" <steab84@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HI
> I use hotmail for my email account and have installed outlook xp. I am
> tryin
> to add my hotmail account to outlook but its installing under a new mail
> box
> (hotmail). Is there anyway I can use the personal folders rather than the
> new
> hotmail main folder?

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Public folder tree for second Exc Child Domain
Guys, I am trying to configure Public folder Tree and associated folder for my second exchange org. I followed article Article ID : 255077 I created the public folder tree on the second Echange server associated public folder tree, greyed out, and pointing to first Exchange server, I want people to be able to have their Pub folders on their Exc server, I have already created Public folder store Help please Amy On Mon, 1 May 2006 06:50:02 -0700, Amy <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Guys, I am trying to configure Public folder Tree and associated folder for >...

permissions on public folders #3
I have 2 Exchange servers on my network. The old one is e2k running on w2k, and the new one is e2k3 running on w2k3. My problem is that when I move a mailbox from one server to another, they can no longer access the public folders on the original server. But it seems that whichever the public folders are homed on, they'll only be accessible to users on that same server. This is a problem if I'm not going to move all the mailboxes all at once. I'm assuming the problem is one of permissions, but for the life of me, I cannot find which permissions I need to change. Tha...

Symbols (Icons) in the Sent Folder in Outlook #2
This may be a very simple-minded question, but I can’t seem to find reference to it anywhere. 1. There is a symbol in the Sent folder, in the “Sort by: Icon” column that looks like an opened envelope with a blue “I” in a circle. What does this icon mean? It seems to appear for some, but not all, mail I’ve sent to people within my organization (on the Outlook system and in the mailbox. In fact, sometimes it will appear for the same person at some times, but not at others. It never appears for people outside of our network. I also noticed that when it appears, the message includes a...

Public Folders missing after upgrading to Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003
Ok - this is what happened. I was following along in MS KB #316886, and I was on page 5 where it talks about the migration of Public Folders and Mailboxes. What I did was (I didn't read the directions carefully, I know) I went to move the Public Folders to the new 2003 Exchange server. I went to the 5.5 Admin program, and went to the Public Folder that I wanted to move, and I went to Properties, and the Replicas Tab. I misunderstood the directions. So basically, how it was set up was: BEFORE: Servers: Replicate Folders To: EXCH3 EXCHANG EXCH2K3 AFTER: Servers: ...

Deleted items folder #2
i have a mystery problem. Whenever i delete a message in outlook it gets perminently deleted instead of going into the deleted items folder. i've checked all the settings and options. i've been looking online and in help. i can't figure out what's going on or how to make what i delete go to the deleted items folder instead of being perminently deleted. Any ideas?? How do you know that it was permanently deleted? Have you tried going to Tools | Options | Other | Warn Before Permanently Deleting Items? What version of Outlook? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MV...

Can't see folders in PST after Inbox Repair
I have a user whose pst file became crosslinked and couldn't be expanded. After running the Inbox Repair Tool the pst became useable but the folders appear to be empty. The size of the pst leads me to believe that the data is still there. The folder containing the repaired item never showed up in the folder list. Any ideas? Sometimes you have to run the Inbox Repair Tool multiple times in order to get the best results. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please...

Accessing search folders on additional mailboxes
I have a number of additional mailboxes added to my main mailbox on Outlook 2007. I added these from Tools > Account Settings, in the advanced settings. However I cannot access items for follow up or unread items by creating a search folder on the additional mailboxes. ...

folder permissions
I have a question about folder permissions. My file server and AD is Win2K3 SP2. On the server, XP clients have a folder called Y:\data\2009 and a folder Y:\data\2010. The users need to have Modify, Read & Execute, Read, and Write access in both folders to work on files as needed. Users are "accidently" moving the 2009 folder to the 2010 folder, "accidently" Is there a way I can stop them from moving the 2009 folder yet allow them to do anything inside both folders...? Thanks, Tom... On Feb 3, 1:49=A0pm, "TK" <tkarpow...@bennettcompany...

Exch 2000 public folder mounting problem
I just had to put 3 new hard drives in my existing server 2000 and reinstall OS and exchange 2000. I am trying to mount public folder and I am keep getting an error. I would really appreciate if someone please walk me through to retreive my public folder. Thanks. In news:eGAE%23MpWHHA.4384@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, Mehbs <msamani@comcast.net> typed: > I just had to put 3 new hard drives in my existing server 2000 and > reinstall OS and exchange 2000. > > I am trying to mount public folder and I am keep getting an error. > > I would really appreciate if someone plea...

download new mail, it gets posted to my Deleted items folder instead of my inbox
When I download new mail, it gets posted to my Deleted items folder instead of my inbox. I can then move my new mail into my inbox. I have checked for macros and rules and have found none that would point this. Any suggestions?? ...

export pst folder
Is there a way to send via LAN w/OL2003 a personal file to another e-mail contact, if we are not on an Exchange serve? I want to send a file of all the correspondence I have had with a contact, o another e-mail party. I guess I could save all the correspondence as text messages, then send them a file, but I was just hoping there was an easier way to do this, as a click and send stoke. Thanks, RED in NC Create a new PST file using the File menu > New > Outlook Data File command then drag/drop the items/folders you want to save into that PST file. Right click on the root of t...

Public Folder Contacts Issue
I've set up a Contact folder in Public Folders. Within it, I've set up a hierarchy of categories for organization reasons. In every single folder but one, I am able to right click on a contact, click on "New Message to Contact" and off I go, writing them an e-mail. In the problematic folder, I am uncapable of doing so. In fact, when I try, I get this error message: "Error creating new mail! This may be caused due to an incorrect e-mail address for a contact or an invalid name for a distribution list." When I make a new message, click on "To..." ...

Importer skips folders and messages
Dear, We wrote a solution to import our user's non Outlook account using Redemption. This solution has been working fine and now a user reported that it skips folders for some account. Solution import some folders then skips and import again. We could not reproduce in-house with same data. We are using Outlook 2003 (11.8313.8221). Is there any Outlook settings which could interfare? Sorry, I know its general question but we are confuse about what cause this strange behaviour. Thanks in advance. Regards, MA Since no one here knows what settings you're talking...

How do I make "Search In All Mail Folders" actually search all of them?
How do I make "Search In All Mail Folders" actually search all of them? When I select "All Mail Folders" from dropdown, it only inserts Drafts;Inbox;Outbox;Sent Items into the "Search In" field, Is there any way to make that dropdown actually list all mail folders or do I have to select them all by hand each time? Any help or pointers to help are appreciated. Thanks, Ken Outlook version? What search engine are you using? WDS? GDS? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head sc...

Viewing personal queues
When a new case gets posted to a queue, a service rep can "accept" the case and therefore moved it to his personal folder called "in progress". If a service manager wants to monitor what's going on with the openen cases he can only view pubblic queues but not the "in progress" folders of people reporting to him. Is there a way to monitor the status of every open case regardles of its location? Thanks a lot Users only have access to their own work in progress queue, but a manager with the correct privileges on cases ought to be able to see the status and ...

Create personal folder in Outlook 2007
I am unable to create a new personal folder (.pst) in Outlook 2007. I do not have the option Personal Folders File (.pst) in File > New. Help please! File-> New-> Outlook Data File... is all the way at the bottom of the list. If you are in a corporate environment, it could be that your administrators have disabled this as a company policy. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers --...

GP 8.0 and Personal Data Keeper
We just updated our system to service pack 5. Is it possible to apply Personal data keeper sp3 next week or do we have to also update PDK at the same time Thanks ...

Outlook 2007 Calendar Problem
I have a new client with a problem that has gone on for 1 year. They have SBS 2003 exchange and pop mail setup. There are no delegations I can find. When anyone makes a meeting request for 4 common people, a fifth receives a request. Three people before me have failed to solve this. I have looked for shared calendars and delegations. I fear I am in over my head but I must solve this. Any help would be great! The users all have Outlook 2007. Outlook is setup with both Exchange and pop mail with each user connecting to the pop server for emails. Thanks in advance. Ken --...

windows xp logon with personal application
hey cn ne 1 help me to start my application before login in windows xp ,and want my application to logon to user account i want to use. ...

Using to Browse to a folder and save the location
Hello I'am wanting to create a form with a browse button to find a specific filename on a disk,folder and save the location to a tablie linked by a key from another table. ie Ref No From table one linked and saved to results from browse button (table2). When I call up the Ref no it will go and search for table2 for the disk and folder and filename to call up the .doc or any filename saved,if no results are found then to ask the question where the filename located and again to save the results to table2. Can this be done? The code you need to open the File Open dialog and return t...

Getting a Contact List in a Public Folder
I've created a PF in Exchange 2003 that is supposed to hold a contact list for users to share but I am unable to get the information into the folder. I've assigned one user "owner" rights, but we are unable to get any information into the public folder. I haven't been able to find any good steps online as to how to troubleshoot this issue. Any help would be appreciated. are you getting an error? how are you trying to enter data? is it a contact folder? "jmenglert" <jmenglert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9E26E78-45E8-4871-816...

Permissions Corruption on a Public Folder
Windows 2000 / Exchange 2000 / Outlook 2003 We're seeing consistent "corruption" of permissions a public folder. The public folder has permission blown wide open (default is "owner"). Everything is fine for a few days, then suddenly no one can add anything. They get: "The item could not save. The folder has been deleted or moved, or you do not have permissions..." etc. The folder hasn't been deleted or moved, and permissions haven't been touched -- they're still wide open. I fixed this once by creating a new folder and programatically ...

Change nk2 folder
Hello I would like to change where my outlook nk2 file is stored. By default the folder is (even if my pst file is on another drive...) : C:\Documents and Settings\<Profile>\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Jean-Pierre nara <nara20@hotmail.com> wrote: > I would like to change where my outlook nk2 file is stored. You cannot change the location of that file. -- Brian Tillman Hello Here a solution : http://shell-shocked.org/article.php?id=284 JP On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 15:33:02 +0200, nara <nara20@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello > >I would like to change where ...

Public Folders #56
I have an Exchange 2003 and we want to receive enquires from outside of organisation into a Public Folder. I receive mails from inside but none from outside. Can you help me? the folder has a valid, routable smtp address? did you set the "anonymous" permissions to at least "Contributor"? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Eugen" <meugen@mymail.ro> wrote in message news:F6A5CBB4-05D6-4B40-94AE-B5E82595D04D@microsoft.com... > I have an Exchange 2003 and we want to receive enquires from outside of > organisation into a Public Folder. I receive mails from insi...

Personal folder problem
OL2000 - user has a personal folder and accidentally renamed his inbox on the pst. Now we can't figure out how to get it renamed back to inbox. Any help is greatly appreciated. Nancy Stevens stevens@sensormatic.com ...