Personal Folders Service is Missing

When I try to set up personal folders, that option is
missing. I have a standard image from the company, but I
don't have that option.  My Help Desk is looking for an
answer, but I need one vy soon to work efficiently.
Thanks
0
ctrapag (1)

Mail Enabled Public Folders #4
We use Public folders for e-mailing our clients (Blood Bank) Exchange 2003 SP1 W2k3 server, Outlook 2003 clients SP2, WinXP SP2. I have a folder for each blood type and each folder is mail enabled. We have contacts posted in each folder, there are so many contacts in some of the types that we put them in Distribution Lists. For each type there is a master DL with other DL's alphabetically to get around the 100 object max. The problem is I can no longer send to the master distribution list or any of the sub category DL's. I can send a message to the public folder and read it...

Advanced Find not searching sub-folders of shared Mailbox
I'm using Outlook 2003 to access my mailbox on an Exchange 2003 server (SBS2003) and the shared mailbox of another user. When using Advanced Find on the other mailbox it doesn't search sub-folders but it does on my mailbox. Is there a setting I'm missing? Lester Bennett You're not missing anything. That's a design limitation.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ht...

Task exporting and missing fields
I am currently trying to get the following fields to export from the Task items into an Excel spreadsheet or even a .csv for that matter. Subject, % Complete, Created Date, Due Date, Date Completed, Owner, Requested by. I can get 4 of the 7 fields to export, but am unable to export the others. I have defined them in my views so they are visible. When I try to define custom mappings, I am unable to see 'Owner, Requested by, Created Date' fields in order to map them. I have tried following the KB#236903 with no success and I am unable to find the field names on the list pro...

Missing Entries in Global Address Book
One of my clients is running Outlook 2003 with a SBS server 2003 and Exchange. His workstation is XP PRO sp2. He is missing one entry from the Global Address Book set-up on the server. Also, he sees entries that are flagged on the server as to * not * to be shown in the Global Address Book. All assistance is appreciated. -- Regards, Allan C Check the RUS http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q253828 -- Teo Heras "Allan C" wrote: > One of my clients is running Outlook 2003 with a SBS server 2003 and > Exchange. > His workstation is XP PRO s...

Service Companies and Invoicing
I have searched and found lots of questions, but no for sure answers. We are a consulting company using QB 2006 and MS CRM 3.0. Here is what we are trying to do: Use MS CRM 3.0 to perform the following: 1) capture customer cases as they call with issues (got that figured out - I think) 2) capture time spent on cases or freelance with customers (think I got that figured out) 3) aggregate that time and invoice it - printing invoices directly from MS CRM (now I am clueless) Is this possible? I just can not see the specific workflow we need to do this. I can not determine how to link t...

Dynamics 9 upgrade and field service error in utilities
I am following the upgrade instruction to the tee. I installed version 9 on the server to a new location, launhed utilities, then cancelled, in order to install SP #2. I now launch utilities and in the product validation, I get an error in 1 of our 15 databases: Unable to get extended version info for product 949 (field service). We don't use this, nor did I install this. Why is it trying to update a product we do not use, nor did I select during the 9.0 install? ...

make dvd/cd from pictures in email folder
how do i go about moving pictures to a folder and copy of pictures to a dvd or cd? appreciate any help given. -- lillyinsolon ...

Service pack 3 year end update
Does anyone know of any issues with 2008 year end update which includes service pack 3??? ALso is there any docs out there that tell you what service pack 3 includes and what it updates, had a clients update done and now when the are posting they the error THE STORED PROCEDURE GLPBATCHCLEANUP RETURNED THE FOLLOWING RESULTS: DBMS O, GREAT PLAINS 20488, is this an issue with the update?? Help Thanks, Jim The installation guide for SP3 contains the fixes. I don't have information about the error you're experiencing. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Jim" wrote: > Does a...

Folder permissions not inheriting from parent (Server 2008 R2) ?
I am having problems with sub folders/files not inheriting the permissions set on a top level folder. I have a top level folder c:\foo which is set NOT to inherit from parent, and I select copy the permissions from c:\ when I untick inherit. I then add a number of user permissions to that folder, checking the Replace permission entries on all child objects..... check box. If I reopen properties/security/advanced security for foo the permissions are set correctly. If I create a file in foo, this has the correct permissions. If I create a folder bar in foo, this inherits the use...

Installation of eConnect Service
I hope this question is not too broad. I am a c++ programmer with a rough familiarity with the .NET platform. I have Visual Studio .NET. I am attempting to develop a webservice for a client that dovetails with the eConnect functionality of Great Plains. The problem is, I cannot get the eConnect service installed. I have Great Plains 9 I have run the installation program for econnect from the second CD. IIS is installed on the Great Plains server machine. How do I get the eConnect service up and running? Any help in this matter would be appreciated, the included documentation was not very...

Any issues with Windows Service Pack 3 (XP) and GP v. 8.0? Thanks
My client is looking to see if there are any issues with this combination. Thank you. No issues that I have heard about. However, check the system requirements page as it is updated frequently to address some of these questions at https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/greatplains/documentation/systemrequirements/compatibility_gp8.0_lowmidhi.htm?printpage=false Just make sure you are running the latest GP 8 service pack (Service Pack 5) available at https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/greatplains/downloads/servicepack/greatplains80_servicepacks.htm?printpage=fal...

MS Exchange POP3 Service Missing
Hello, We are configuring an Exchange 2003 server and just discovered that the Microsoft Exchange POP3 service is missing. Is there a fix for this? If not, how can I install this service without wiping out my current Exchange, OWA and IIS configuration? Thanks Orville Use the Reinstall option when reinstalling Exchange. Make sure you have adequate backups and test before proceeding with such operations. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Orville" <orville@peoplescomputer.com> wrote i...

flagging items in public folder
hi, I have set up a public folder, however users cannot flag any items other than their own? If i create a sub folder, they can flag any item within that subfolder. Thoughts, comments, suggestions? "JA" <jalvord1@comcast.net> wrote: >I have set up a public folder, however users cannot flag any items other >than their own? If i create a sub folder, they can flag any item within that >subfolder. Thoughts, comments, suggestions? Permissions? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Don't send m...

Possible to open folder instead of url ?
ISV.CONFIG This doesn't seem to work, is it somehow possible to get it to open a folder instead for url ? <Home code="home"> <NavBarItem Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif" Title="ISV Test 1" Url="file://c:\windows\" Id="navIsv1"/> <NavBarItem Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif" Title="ISV Test 2" Url="http://investor.msn.com" Id="navIsv2"/> <NavBarItem Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif" Title="ISV Test 3" Url="http://autos.msn.com" Id="navIsv3&q...

Why are some messages missing it's text?
I used a previous version of outlook (2002) and had no problem receiving messages; now I'm using the trial version 2003 and questions from ebay are not showing the text. It shows I have a message but in preview or the actually message nothing is there. No filters have been set by me so I have no clue what to do. ...

Use Folders for E-mail
I organize my e-mail message into folder by client or topic. When I look at a message in the "sent items" folder it is shown under the name of the person to whom I sent it. However, when I drag that same item into a client or topic folder it is now shown under my name, apparently since I was the sender. Is there a way to force the dragged item to keep the same name as it had in the sent items folder? Chuck Humphrey All you have to do is switch the view on the client or topic folder to "Sent To" -- that's the view used in the Sent Items folder by default. -- Jocelyn...

How do I restore a missing menu bar in Microsoft Word 2003?
My Word 2003's menu bar disappeared. (File, Edit, View, etc). How do I restore it? I am not in Full Screen view. Thank you! Use http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm. For Word 2003, the registry key to rename/delete is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Data -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. Kathy V wrote: > My Word 2003's menu bar disappeared. (File, Edit, View, etc). > How do I r...

The service that allows you to download transactions from MSN Money My Account has been disabled.
Hi, I recently changed my Windows Live password. When I triy to setup online access to a credit card I get the message: "The service that allows you to download transactions from MSN Money My Account has been disabled. Close and reopen Money. If the problem persists then try turning the service off and then re-enabiling it. If the problem still persists you will need to re-enable the service with a new Windows Live ID." How do I turn off/re-enable the sevice? Do I really need a new Windows Live ID? I am using Microsoft Money Home & Business Version 17.0.150.72...

Propagating permission settings for public folders.
Hi, I understand that if you had created a public folder and set permissions to it, the settings will be propagated to subfolders created after it. However if I make any permission setting changes to the main folder, the sub folders will still retain that initial permission setting. Is there any way to propagate the permission settings to the sub folders? Regards, ...

MAPI clients can't see Public Folders
We have one Exchange 2003 server that we are going to take offline to rebuild. We have put in a temporary server and are starting the process of moving things over. First is public folders. We've followed the MS article 822931, how to remove the first Exchange 2003 server, and replicated and checked. They all show "in sync". I moved my mailbox and logged on with a MAPI client (O2003) but can't see any public folders. We've waited over 24 hours now. Any idea what's up? Thanks, Neal Blackie "Neal" <neal_@_ap0yar_dot_co_dot_nz> wrote: &g...

Public Folder Replication Problem [need help]
I'm 90% done migrating my Exchange 2003 server to new hardware, I'm having trouble finishing this step - replicating the Public Mail Store.. I've added the new server to the replication tab in ESM, the folders are showing up under the new server, and are in sync! However in ESM when I go Administrative Groups -> First Admin Group -> Folders -> Public Folders, there is a list here.. this list is what shows on Outlook clients under "public folders".. when I right click this folder and say Connect to.. and select the new server's public mail store, I get ...

Missing Attachments in Outlook 2007/Outlook 2010 Beta.
Hi, We are experiencing a missing attachment issue in Outlook 2007/Outlook 2010 beta from Outlook 2003. These attachments are in messages forwarded as attachments and received via our Exchange 2010 installation. The attachments *are* visible from Outlook WebApp. In Outlook 2007/2010 the message has no paperclip icon, yet the message is of the correct size. From my rather long investigation, it appears that these certain messages from Outlook 2003 include a Content-ID header, which is typically used for referencing embedded attachments, such as inline JPGs for HTML pages. ...

Moving an archived mail into current folder.
Hi guys, I've a lot of archived mails. For some reason, I NEED to move many of those mails into my current folder (I will move them back into archive after my work is done). When I do so, will my moved mail be uploaded into my mail server? If it is uploaded, I'll get a mail from my admin that my inbox is full (our limit is 450MB). So, I don't want this to happen. Any workarounds?? Any idea is welcome, as long as my admin doesn't know that I moved the mail back. BR, Babloo You can open the Archive pst, within Outlook and view mail, no need to move anything to your inbox...

Publisher 2003 is missing page numbers when I convert to pdf
I have a publisher 2003 documents of 124 pages with several master pages. I can see and print page numbers centered at the bottom of the page using publisher, but when I convert to a pdf using Acrobat Pro 7.1.0 the page numbers don't convert. Updated both today prior to conversion. Several master pages in the doc. Any ideas what is going wrong? Be certain you don't have "Ignore Master Page" checked. Don't know what is going on. I've tried to duplicate this but I can't. I created a 200 page document, I put the page numbers on the bottom centered. I creat...

How I an move my personal folders?
How I an move my personal folders? "Suja" <Suja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E080B4D-BA0F-4A67-8077-3C18A3D99C48@microsoft.com... > How I an move my personal folders? To where? ...