Personal Folders-Properties-Advanced Button Missing

This button is missing on my Outlook 2000 Personal Folder (Folder List,
right-click Personal Folder, select Properties).  Would appreciate ideas for
getting it back.

It's not just on one user.  I tried starting up Outlook in Admin for the
first time.  It made a brand new Personal Folder but this has no Advanced
button either.  Even uninstalling and reinstalling Office 2000 doesn't solve
it.  And no clues from Google searches.

(Office 2000 Small Business in IMO mode running on fully-patched XP).

--
David Tong
[Please replace 'invalid' with 'com' to reply].

0
gz30 (16)

"David Tong" <gz30@btinternet.invalid> wrote in message
> This button is missing on my Outlook 2000 Personal Folder (Folder List,
> right-click Personal Folder, select Properties).  Would appreciate ideas
> for
> getting it back.
>
> It's not just on one user.  I tried starting up Outlook in Admin for the
> first time.  It made a brand new Personal Folder but this has no Advanced
> button either.  Even uninstalling and reinstalling Office 2000 doesn't
> solve
> it.  And no clues from Google searches.
>
> (Office 2000 Small Business in IMO mode running on fully-patched XP).
>
> --
> David Tong
> [Please replace 'invalid' with 'com' to reply].

I just found that I can access the Advanced button on the 'faulty' Personal
Folder *provided* I do it over the lan from another installation of Outlook
2000.  So I guess this proves the folder is ok and that the problem is with
the Outlook installation on the first computer.

Wondering if the problem could be caused by a faulty *.dat file.  I read
somewhere that uninstalling Outlook does not delete some of these files, so
that might explain why uninstalling and reinstalling Office didn't cure it.
I really could use some help on this.

David Tong

0
gz30 (16)
12/5/2005 5:24:47 PM
Thanks to anyone who considered trying to help with this. However it
turns out that the problem is nothing to do with Outlook after all :-)

It occurred on a sub-notebook with a screen size of only 158 x 95 mm
(Toshiba U100). To improve viewing on the small screen I had
increased the dots per inch setting to 134 from the default of 96.
This works fine in most cases, but it caused the lower buttons
(Advanced and Folder Size) in the Personal Folder / Properties pane of
OL2000 to disappear completely from view.

I've now reduced dpi to 128. This leaves the buttons in partial view.
Now I know the buttons were there all the time I guess I could have
used tab to access them. (Four tabs get me to the Advanced button).

The solution seems kind of obvious now, but it took four weeks and a
lot of experimenting before I realised it.

David Tong,
(now slightly wiser than before).

> "David Tong" <gz30@btinternet.invalid> wrote in message
>> This button is missing on my Outlook 2000 Personal Folder (Folder List,
>> right-click Personal Folder, select Properties).  Would appreciate ideas
>> for
>> getting it back.
>>
>> It's not just on one user.  I tried starting up Outlook in Admin for the
>> first time.  It made a brand new Personal Folder but this has no Advanced
>> button either.  Even uninstalling and reinstalling Office 2000 doesn't
>> solve
>> it.  And no clues from Google searches.
>>
>> (Office 2000 Small Business in IMO mode running on fully-patched XP).
>>
>> --
>> David Tong
>> [Please replace 'invalid' with 'com' to reply].
>>

> I just found that I can access the Advanced button on the 'faulty'
> Personal
> Folder *provided* I do it over the lan from another installation of
> Outlook
> 2000.  So I guess this proves the folder is ok and that the problem is
> with
> the Outlook installation on the first computer.
>
> Wondering if the problem could be caused by a faulty *.dat file.  I read
> somewhere that uninstalling Outlook does not delete some of these files,
> so
> that might explain why uninstalling and reinstalling Office didn't cure
> it.
> I really could use some help on this.
>
> David Tong

0
gz30 (16)

Does Word have a command that compares to WordPerfect Advance?
I want to advance text to a specific position within the line that is independent of the number of characters that precedes it. Tab will not work as it measures from the preceding character. WordPerfect has a command: "Typesetting" "Advance" that I use for this. Is there a comparable command in MS Word? Word does have an Advance field, mostly for compatibility with documents imported from WordPerfect. If you use the \x switch, it will position the next character at the specified location. According to the help topic on the Advance field, the \x switch &qu...

How to Hide Left Panel of Folder Window?
I'm well behind the Windows curve and I'm just now learning to use Windows XP Home. Up to now I've been using Windows 2000 Pro. On my XP desktop I have a shortcut to my music folder which containins my MP3 files. When I double click on the shortcut, a window opens on the desktop displaying the contents of my music folder. This window has a panel along the left side containing items like "File and Folder Tasks" and "Other Places." I can't figure out how to close, hide or otherwise delete this panel. This panel takes up a lot of prec...

Possible to send email directly to a folder?
I know I've seen this done but I cannot remember how to send email to a folder by using its address in the CC: block.... When sending email, how can I also include the "address" of an OL folder in one of my open PSTso it automatically receives a copy of the email (much like Sent Items)? How about to my OL folders in my Exchange server? I have some templates filled with about 90% of what I have to send on a recurring basis, and preconfiguring the folder where I copy these (ffor later reference) would save me some work. I can swear I did this before but cannot find it now. TI...

Where to get missing msvcp70.dll?
After I uninstalled a bunch of software, when I run an app it says app failed because msvcp70.dll was not found. Re-installing that app does not help. I guess I need to restore the missing msvcp70.dll. What is the official way to get it? Some sites offer this file for download but I'm not sure the files are genuine. In my system32 folder there is msvcp50.dll, msvcp60.dll, msvcp71.dll, but no msvcp70.dll. It is not in the recycle bin either :( "james" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:#XS21G1gKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > After I un...

Adding Contacts Folder as Address Book in Exchange Server
I am trying to add my contacts folder to my address book in Outlook XP and don't see the Tools, Options I used to see in Outlook 2000. How can I add this folder to my address book? Is that an option you can turn on or off for a profile in Exchange Server? Thanks!! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly Right click on your Contacts folder, go to properties, outlook address book. Can you tick the box there? If not, go to tools, e-mail accounts, view/change address books, and make sure you have the Outlook Address Book option there. Then try right-clicking...

Missing transactions?
In my Account List view, I see that there are "Transactions to read: 13" for my checking account. However, when I go to my checking account, there are no unread transactions! Note that I do have "View: All Transactions covering All Dates" selected as the view, so I would expect to see all of the transactions. I've been using MS Money for years, and this is the first time this problem has come up. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this? Thanks, DJ You could try deleting the statement from the account list, right click where it says 'X tr...

Public folder issue, "messaging interface has returned an unknown error"
I'm running a SBS2003 domain and just added a public folder and a customized form for entry into the public folder. All of our clients (all XP Pro, Outlook 2003 with all updates) can get to that folder and use the form without any difficulty except for one. On one computer I get the classic "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." error message. I have tried a repair install, no change. I have tried making a new profile, no change. I have tried adding / removing his PST file (currently he's not even using a pst file...

Activities/Journaling for Public Folder Contacts
I've created a company contacts folder in the Public Folders on Exchange 2k3. I've also created a journal folder in the public folders. I can set the contact folder to search the journal folder when I hit the activities tab, but I can't figure out how to make new journal entries go into the public folder journal instead of my mailbox journal. How do I do this? ...

I need help restoring Public Folders
Hi I've been having issues getting Public Folder replication going between 2 Exchange 2003 servers. Prior to doing any work I performed a Backup using Veritas Backup Exec and this completed and verified correctly. I screwed things up and managed to delete some of the public folders on my original server. I'm not 100% sure what I did but it is a mess and the only backup I have is the Exchange backup I created before doing any work. The public folders contain a number of Contact Lists and a very important Event Calendar. I have restored the public folders but when the restore c...

Middle mouse button does not always open in new tab anymore
Hi! I am experiencing the problem that when I click with the middle mouse button on a link (for example google search results) it does not always open it in a new tab anymore. In about 20% of the cases it takes over the current tab instead. The same problem is explained here in german: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.de.internetexplorer&tid=cd463718-8df6-4ee4-9e8a-9ee527837f83&cat=&lang=de&cr=DE&sloc=&p=1 But since there was no answer found so far I decided to take it to the next level (english c...

Personal Folder Error when opening Outook 2002
When opening Outlook 2002, I receive the message that the Personal folder was not closed properly and needs to be checked. I allow the check to run, and all is fine. But this error message reappears after I close and reopen Outlook. Please Reply. thanks. ...

Adding a button with a function on protected sheets.
How do i add a button to 'reset/clear' the data on a worksheet that is protected and uses VLookup data (from another worksheet). Everyday this table will have data chosen from combo boxes or manually entered in allowable editable fields and at the end of the day after the files is saved, I need to clear that data for use on the next day. How is this Reset button applied with allowable edit ranges, VLookup data and a protected worksheet? Thanks There's several ways to do this. 1. Instead of straight vlookups, use =IF(ISBLANK(VLOOKUP(....)),"",VLOOKUP(....)) wher...

Routing Restrictions button unavailable (gray) no matter what options selected in IMS-->Routing tab
I am running Exchange 5.5 SP4. In Connections-->IMS-->Routing Tab, my "Routing Restrictions" button is unavailable (greyed-out) no matter what options I select. Any suggestions? Thank you. Try installing Exch Admin prog on other machine, apply SP4 and see if you can change it from there. Post back with details. ryanadmin wrote: > I am running Exchange 5.5 SP4. In Connections-->IMS-->Routing Tab, my > "Routing Restrictions" button is unavailable (greyed-out) no matter > what options I select. Any suggestions? Thank you. ...

Hide Global.xls (personal.xls) in project explorer
How do I hide VBAProject(Global.xls) in project explorer. I just want my normal project there. Helge You can't hide it, but you could give it a password: Select your project Tools|VBAProject|Protection tab Give it a memorable password At least the project won't be too intrusive. nankerp wrote: > > How do I hide VBAProject(Global.xls) in project explorer. I just want > my normal project there. > > Helge -- Dave Peterson ...

Missing mail after VPN Outlook setup
Hi. Last week we setup VPN to be able to read mail from home (no OWA). After installing Outlook at home and connecting to the exchange server, and syncronizing the data I got all mail/contacts etc on my home computers Outlook. BUT, when I got to work the day after, my Outlook on the work computer was empty, no mails or nothing. Looking in the Exchange server at the mailaccount I can se that it contains over 1000 emails so they seem to still exist on the server. What could this be? Is there som configuration needed? Did you configure the home computer to deliver mail to a personal folde...

Deleted calendar from Public Folders
Accidentally I deleted Calendar in Public Folders on the Exchange 2000. Is there a way to bring it back? I tried to locate an article in Knowlege Base searching with "Recovering deleted items from a public folder", but the article is gone. On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 21:28:01 -0700, Daniel <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Accidentally I deleted Calendar in Public Folders on the Exchange 2000. Is >there a way to bring it back? >I tried to locate an article in Knowlege Base searching with "Recovering >deleted items from a public folder", but the a...

You cannot copy or move messages to public folders
I have a few users who get the following error when trying to move messages from their inbox into a public folder - "Can't move the items. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator" I have found the following on microsofts website and have made those changes but it has not solved the issue http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=330752 has anyone seen this before? I have also downloaded outspy and run this on messages that have failed and on messages that are ok. However im not really su...

Command Button to Sort and Filter by Selection
Is it possible to create a command button on a form that will allow you to sort records or to use the Filter by Selction option? They are not choices I can select while using the wizard or the macro builder. However, both of these would be extremely useful as I'm building a database for someone who has never used a database before and isn't all that comfortable with computers in general. I am using Access 2003 and I am NOT familiar with Access Visual Basic, Java or building macros from scratch. I'm sure there is a way to use these tools to create what I want, ...

Sending multiple Emails so each person does not get the list
We want to send out multiple emails to several email accounts. We dont want the accounts to see the list of accounts that the email went to. How does one do this in Outlook? In any contacts folder, Tools | Mail Merge is the best choice. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "tom" <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote in message = ...

Advanced Security #6
I am setting up security access for new users using Advanced Security. I am using the by Menu view as my primary navigation tool. However, there are a number of objects within the by Menu view that I am not allowed to change. They appear with a "?" next to the description. Some of them I can locate by navigating through the by Dictionary view. However, there are several that I cannot locate (example: Tools --> Utilities --> Project --> Service Utilities --> Create Routine Master). Is there a guide that crossreferences objects between the menu and dictionary ...

Public Folder Replication #19
I have 3 exchange 2003 servers. Server A is in Site A. Server B and B-1 are in site B. B-1 is a new load of exchange 2003 and I plan on moving all the mail boxes from B to B-1 but first I must set up the public folders which all have a home on server A and have been replicated to B. I went into the esm and added B-1 as a replica for all the folders that had a replica to B. Later that day I checked and the folder hiarchy had replicated onto B-1 but all the folders are empty. Are these folders going to update and fill with the public folder data or do I need to force this? I tried the send conte...

Deletion settings in Mailbox Store Properties
Our company would like to enforce a policy to permanently delete items 30 days or older from each mailboxes Deleted items folder. The mailboxes all reside on the Exchange 2003 server. Under Mailbox Store Properties, Deletion settings, the Keep deleted items for (days) is set to 30, yet the items are not being deleted. My thoughts are that it is because we do not have the Mailbox Manager scheduled to run. Is that correct? I am a little hesitant to run it because I am worried about what else it might "manage". I only see one recipient policy and that is for email addresses. ...

"New" button activates send/receive
When I click the Send/Receive button, nothing happens. However, when I click the "New Message" button, in comes all my new messages. Also, the auto Send/Receive under Options (every 1 minute) is not working at all. Any thoughts on how to fix this? Much Appreciated, Dave ...