Personal Folders from Mac to PC

Help.  We have Personal folders we need to move from Outlook 2001 (Mac OS 9)
to WindowsXP.  From within Outlook 2001 Import/Export, there is nothing for
PSTs.  So we've copied the file and then tried to import into XP.  No go.
How can we move these files?

Remove "Personal Folder" when the PST file no longer exist?
>From Outlook 2000, how do I remove "Personal Folder" from folder list, if the PST file no longer exist? Tools, Services, then select the person folder and remove it... "achen" <achen2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1108581231.368677.219120@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > >From Outlook 2000, how do I remove "Personal Folder" from folder list, > if the PST file no longer exist? > I had tried it and it doesnt work. The only services over there were "Microsoft Exchange Server" and "Outlook Address BOok". The per...

Sharing Folders
Two of my colleagues gave me permissions to see their two folders, but I can not see both folders at the same time. Please help. What version of Outlook? What operating system? Is this using Exchange? How are you trying to view them? What is the expected view that you desire? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Sunny asked: | Two of my colleagues gav...

Folders changing to EXE files
When we tried to access data from our shared drive approx half the folders appeared to have been renamed to an EXE file, ie admin folder to admin.exe file. Further checking showed the folders are still there but are marked as system and hidden and it appears no even the admin account can clear the attributes to get the folders working again. The system has Trend Micro Worry Free Business installed and is not reporting any virus problems. We have a backup but I am worried the same problem will reoccurr, does anyone know what may have caused this problem? Regards Chris ...

Exchange

Why doesn't folder sharing work on XP Home?
I have a laptop that has Windows XP Home installed on it. It's fully patched up to the latest service pack and patches. I've got the File and Printer Sharing module loaded on. But any file folders that are shared from this laptop cannot be accessed by other machines, even if they are other Windows XP machines. This laptop can mount and use shares from other machines, it just doesn't work the other way. My desktop pc was also once running Win XP, Pro in this case. I was able to do all kinds of sharing from that machine. It has been since upgraded to Windows 7, and s...

Problem with archive folders
I have problem with archiving of my old e-mails. I set Autoarchive to archive all 3 months ald messages. Archive do fine but only with the "main folders" like inbox, sent, deleted but don't archives the items of its subfolders. Can anyone help me? If you go to Tools > Settings > Archive you will be able to select a option to include all the subfolders when archiving. Try this it should work. Marais >-----Original Message----- >I have problem with archiving of my old e-mails. I set >Autoarchive to archive all 3 months ald messages. Archive >do fine bu...

MAIL FAILED FOLDER
Can someone tell me where the mailed failed folder is described in the POP3 connector properties. Mail has been going missing and there seems to be alot in the mail failed folder only I can't find it to see what mail it is. Thanks in advance for any help. Mike Try an SBS group for help with the SBS bundled POP connector. Or change to hosting your own mail, and this problem goes away. Mike D wrote: > Can someone tell me where the mailed failed folder is > described in the POP3 connector properties. > > Mail has been going missing and there seems to be alot in > the m...

How do I recover a folder I deleted in Outlook Express
Help! I accidently deleted a folder in my "received" folder in Outlook expess. Can I undelete this a folder? How? "JTC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07c901c3ad1e$5c1e9c80$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Help! > I accidently deleted a folder in my "received" folder in > Outlook expess. Can I undelete this a folder? How? have you looked in the Deleted items Folder? this newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003(beta) from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the s...

How to grant mailbox access for Public Folders
Is it possible to grant Full Mailbox Access to a mail-enabled Public Folder ? You can grant a specific account access to another accounts mailbox using the Set Mailbox Rights page in Exchange Manager, but this option doesn't appear to be available for Public Folders. I have an application which queries the security descriptor of specified mailbox objects in Active Directory and determines if a user has sufficient access to the mailbox by querying the trustee property of the security descriptor ACEs. This works fine for user mailboxes, but not for public folders. All help is greatly appre...

Personal.xls #11
Hi, I am using Excel 2003 and I am trying to locate my personal.xls file. I have looked in the following places but cannot find it: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\XLSTART and for hidden files under the window menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It may not exist yet. There is no "default" file. You must create a spreadsheet and save it as personal.xls in the correct sub-directory. -- Gary''s Student "Guy Incognito" wrote: > Hi, > > I am using Excel 2003 and I am trying to locate my personal.xls file. > > I have loo...

Outlook hangs up pc
When I load outlook the cpu usage goes to 100% and stays there. When I try to shut down it gives me a "thorconnwndclass" won't respond message. I have to restart to get going again. even when I use task manager to shut outlook down something is still running in the background using cpu. ANY HELP APPRECIATED... ...

The application Microsoft Word quit unexpectedly. Mac OS and other applications are not affected.

outlook 2003 associate account with folder
Hi need to associate an email account with an inbox folder. i undersand rules and alerts but want to set default account to use when sending/replying to mail to be a specified email account for each inbox folder - this gives correct reply email address and name. also would like default signature to be associated with an inbox folder or email account. thanks in anticipation ...

Publisher installed on previous PC. Can't activate on new one. He.
I have installed Publisher 2000 on new PC and the activation wizard will not allow it as it has been registered on my now redundant PC previously. How can this be overcome? Publisher 2000 has no limit on how many computers you can install it on. Not talking legality, talking possibilities. Are you inputting the Product Key? (from the back of the jewel case). -- Don Vancouver, USA "lucylocket" <lucylocket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8B529F1-4C5E-485B-A8EE-F718EE71F6DA@microsoft.com... > I have installed Publisher 2000 on new PC and the activatio...

Public folder doesn't receive mail
Working with a single Exchange 2003 Ent. Server (no service pack 1 yet). I've tried every combination of steps I can think of to resolve this issue, and yet it persists. All I would like to do is have a public folder receive mail as part of a security group (preferred) or a distribution group (very acceptable). I start by creating the group. I've tried Global Security, Global Distribution, and Universal Distribution. Then I create the Public Folder. I've used ESM (Folders, not the Public Folder store), and my Outlook 2000 client. Because the folder is in the default public fold...

PC slows down when I get an incoming email
I am using Office 2003. Every time I get an incoming email message, my PC slows down so that I cannot do anything until Outlook does its sending/receiving. This could be seconds to several minutes. I have 1.24 GB of memory on a Compaq Presario Pentium 2.93 GHz CPU. I have tried Outlook's "Detect and Repair." I have defragmented my hard drive but I still have this problem. I have 995,436 KB in my Inbox (one year of email). All old email has been archived. I have 6,003,180 KB in Outlook folders (my electronic filing cabinet). Back in the 1990's w...

Delivery receipts do go to Synchronization failure folder
I'm using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003. The mailusers in 1 of the stores on the Exchange server do have problems with delivery receipts. The do stay in the queue Local delivery or they end in the Server failures folder of Outlook 2003. I've checked the store several times, but I can't find out why only users in this store do have the problem and others not. Does anyone know how to solve this? ...

deleted a folder in saved mail in error. How 2 restore?
I highlighted the wrong saved folder and deleted a very important one. Is there a way to restore? HELP told me to look in the deleted mail but my folder was not there. Carmella wrote: > I highlighted the wrong saved folder and deleted a very important one. Is > there a way to restore? HELP told me to look in the deleted mail but my > folder was not there. If you permanently deleted the folder (Shift+Del or deleted from the Deleted Items safety folder) then it's gone. Now you'll have to recover your .pst file from your backups. If you don't backup th...

Public folders #59
Hi All does anyone know if it is possible to export information from one Public Folder Calender into another public folder Calender on the same exchange 2003 server w On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 09:51:35 +0100, WMB <wmb2003@uk2.net> wrote: >Hi All > >does anyone know if it is possible to export information from one Public >Folder Calender into another public folder Calender on the same exchange >2003 server > >w Sure, you could simply copy the contents between them using Outlook. ...

Special Folder Location
CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA.........Is this a valid folder for Win2K thru Win7? (How can I be sure the program works thru Vista & 7 when we don't have a PC w/Vista or 7 on it ?!?!.....(Rhetorical)) TIA, DanS DanS <t.h.i.s.n.t.h.a.t@r.o.a.d.r.u.n.n.e.r.c.o.m> wrote: >CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA.........Is this a valid folder for Win2K thru Win7? > >(How can I be sure the program works thru Vista & 7 when we don't have a PC >w/Vista or 7 on it ?!?!.....(Rhetorical)) If you are a developer then you should be testing your software using Virtual PC, VMW...

I Lost my public folders #2
This morning I had a public folder store that was working well for all my users. The only problem was that just about everybody had full permissions to read and write to every folder. I decided it was time to tighten down the security permissions. I went into ESM -> Folders -> Public Folder Tree and prceeded to edit the permissions to what I thought they should look like. Unfortunatly, I can't remember what I did to the top folder group, but after I clicked apply, the Public Folder Tree dissappeared from ESM. I'm sure its not deleted because if I try and create a new tree wi...

Public Folder delivery restrictions greyed out
I know this has been asked before, with no answers but ..................... We have a smallish Exchange 2003 organisation. One of the staff who looks after this service pointed out to me that he could not set delivery restrictions on his mail-enabled public folders. Going to the Properties of such folders and selecting the Exchange General tab reveals that the Delivery Restrictions option is greyed out. I found the same thing as a full exchange administrator with domain admin rights as well. On all public folder acrtoss 3 servers. Is this a known consequence of operating in mixed mod...

IMAP
I use outlook 2003 and configured my email as IMAP, when i send emails from Outlook they dont apear in Sent folder on server and i have no track of sent emails, how i change this? Don't multi-post but next time cross-post instead. Answered in outlook.general where you posted the same question. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "John" <Johnisbest@gmail.com> wrote in mess...

When I click onto my Hotmail folder i get a error....
AWhen I click onto my Hotmail folder i get this error....an error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator. I am not on a network and I am not on an exchange server. Can anyone help Please? Kyle ...

Entering data in personal fields #2
Hello I used the field selector to create a new field in my Sent messages view. Now, how do I enter data into that field?? Regards e What type Of feed? Did you add one of Outlooks defeat fields or create a custom one? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EM...