Personal folder size showing different

Hello all,

Pls help me.
I had a question.
Why is outlook personal folder size showing 2706KB but in
Windows explorer it shows only 2500KB...

why does it show different and not the same...

appreciate reply asap.

thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

Business Management Error Move CRM 4.0 Database to Different Machi
Hi, I have backed up a CRM 4.0 _MSCRM and MSCRM_Config database from one machine and restored both on another machine ( Which had been useing a test database). After restoring both databases on the new host I used the Deployment Manger to import the restored database. After completing the import when I attempt to open CRM I get an error message saying " Business Management Error The user ID associated the current record is not valid" From the server where I'm logged an as Administrator On client PC I get the following. Server Error in '/...

Reminders Fail on Messages Sorted to Favorite Folder -- HELP
I've got favorite folders and rules created so incoming and outgoing mail sorts itself into folders to help me keep track. However, I've found that any incoming message in one of these folders for which I set up an alert/reminder -- will fail to notify me with a reminder. Alerts set on messages in the inbox work no problem -- it's only the alert failure on messages sorted to a specific box that fail. Any help with this GREATLY appreciated! Paul <lindy_ngo_spam_corp@bellsouth.net> wrote: > I've got favorite folders and rules created so incoming and outgoing &...

Send and save a message in folders
Is it possible to send and save a message in a folder like it is with Lotus Notes? A simple function asking in which folder I would to save my send mail. I would like to save all messages to one adress in one folder. Anders, As far as i know Exchange doesn't have a function like that. In outlook you can creat a rule that stores sent messages to specific custom made folders in Outlook Rgds, Jelle There's no setting to ask on sending but you can have rules move sent messages based on criteria "anders bitzer" <andersbitzer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

show Global contact list in nav
We just switched over to exchange 2k3 and we have outlook clients. I want to know how to display the global address list(contacts) in the left nav pane along with the user's normal contacts. It's not appearing by default. The global address list is not the same as contacts. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Brett Michaels From Poison" <jms504@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1127420691.086686.73310@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > We just switched over to exchange 2k3 and we have outlook clients. > I ...

Synchronizing Off-Line Folders
We use Exchange 2000. I use off-line folders for everything. It appears that I should be able to synchronize some of those - like my calendar - so that others on the Exchange system can see it. Is this possible? I think I have calendar selected for off-line synchronization, but I'm not sure where I did that. Synchronizing your offline folders makes them available to you when you are not connected to Exchange. It has nothing to do with whether other users can see your calendar. If you want to have others be able to see your calendar, you need to set permissions. --� Milly St...

Extracting e-mail addresses from a public folder
I'm using Exchange 2003 server. I have some public folders that have multiple e-mail addresses assigned to them. I would like to know how to extract all the e-mail addresses assigned to a public folder for all the public folders and save them to a file. Start with: csvde -f c:\output.csv -r (objectClass=publicfolder) -l proxyAddresses Run this from the server. You can then put this into Excel, etc, and massage as required. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Lex Nesta" <lnes@haestad.com> wrote in...

Overlimit size
Hi, I keep receiving administrative notices that say my mailbox is over it's size limit. I have tried deleting the inbox, sent files, moving files, etc. Is there an easier way to do this? Are there directions somewhere for moving folders and saving them somewhere else? Exchange, POP3, IMAP, HTTP, other...??? Check your webbased mailclient and see what's still stored on-line. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Cr...

excel personal sheet
hi all,for some strange reason when i open a new excel workbook it opens in a new personal sheet.i can't figure out why its doing this.any help is greatly appreciaited. thx wynb -- wynb Poster stated problem was resolved but said so in another thread. "WYN" <WYN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4EA559D-92FB-4353-9120-073DDE0C1879@microsoft.com... > hi all,for some strange reason when i open a new excel workbook it opens in a > new personal sheet.i can't figure out why its doing this.any help is greatly > appreciaited. > thx wynb > --...

Chart should read as blank cell not as 0,it shows blank but reads
A B c 1 Project Start Date Jan-10 2 Project Duration 25 3 Project Cost 1000000 In B6 i wriiten formula IF(ROWS($1:2)-1>C$2,"",ROWS($1:2)-1) In D6 i written formula IF(B6="","",B6/$C$2) in E6 i writtend formula IF(D6<=33.33%,(($I$1*D6^2)*100),IF(D6<=66.67%,($I$2*D6+$I$3),IF(D6>=66.67%,($I$4+$I$5*D6+$I$6*...

Public Folders #49
When trying to view properties of public folders the error "The HTTP service used by Public Folders is not available, ..." ID no: c1030af3. This is on an Exchange 2003 SP1 server running Windows 2000 SP4. The public folders were recently replicated to 2 other servers in the group but the replicas were removed. The properties could be viewed on the other servers before the replicas were removed. All mailbox storage groups point to the server that now holds all public folders for the default public folder store. Permissions on the virtual directories for both public and exadmin ...

Users not showing in GAL
Hi i know this topic as been discussed but i cant seem to find the posting In Exchange 2003 when i add a new user the user i see the user in the 'All Users' section of the address book but the user does not show in the Global Address Book. The same goes for a Universal Distuibution List I have Rebuilt and Updated the Recipent Update Service and no luck. Please help..... Also... When i do a preview of the Default Address Book from the Exchange System Manager all users are displayed. Have you got the tick in the "Hide from exchange address lists" under the Exchange Advance...

Email 'From' field showing email address and not full name?
I've looked everywhere and can't find anything on this issue. I'm running Exchange 2003 on a Server 2000 box. When we email to outside servers (yahoo, gmail, etc) the from field shows the user's email address (eg: bob@microsoft.com) instead of their name (eg: Bob Jones). I've verified that the Display Name, Alias, and Simple Display Name fields in exchange all have the user's First and Last name. Any ideas, I'm stumped. Thanks, Chris Yes that's a hard one to find. In ESM go into Global Settings and click Internet Message Formats. Then in the right pane, rig...

Delete Public folder
How can I delete the last public folder in a storage group? This is on a recovery server and I need to delete this store. Thanks ...

Rounding for order size
I'm doing a forecast using some formulas. I want the result to take in consideration the minimun order size. For example if my forecast is 38 I want the result to be expressed as 48 which is the minimun package size. The same for example if forecast is 500 I want it to show 480 or 528 which are the actual amounts that I can request. How can I do this? FA Hi! So, what you want to do is round to the nearest multiple of 48? =ROUND(A1/48,0)*48 Biff "FA" <FA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6E4BD59-5B85-487E-98B7-96E568FB1E44@microsoft.com......

How do you keep favorite folders list in outlook
I have set up a folders list in outlook 2003 under mail favorite folders. Each time I re open outlook the folder list has gone and i have to start again. How do you keep list once you have created it. Alex G ...

New users not showing up in GAL
We have a single site, single server, Exchange 2003 implementation. Until yesterday we only had one information store inside our single storage group, which contains accounts for faculty and staff. Since we needed to create accounts for students we decided to create a new 'students' store, and were able to create accounts that appear to function just fine. However, users in the 'faculty/staff' store can not see the users from the 'students' store in the GAL. They can send email messages to these accounts, they just don't show up. Any ideas how to make the ...

Same CR report with different databasename
I had create a lot of report in myTesting server. the SQL server named 'SQL-001' however, my client's SQL server is another name , now, I can't preview the report after publish the web.app to it server, Any simple method to solve it ? I don't want to re-write all the report under their server. Thanks a lot Hi Sze, Based on my understanding, you are facing the problem to get the data from the client SQL Server after you publish the report to the server. If I have misunderstood you, please feel free to let me know. A simple way to solve this issue is...

How To Show Drag Image while Dragging Item?
I use MFC 4.2. There are 2 CListCtrls in my app. I am implementing a drag and drop function from one list to another. How to show the drag image when I still choose which item that will accept the drop? Thank you. You can use a CImageList and store a drag image. Look at functions like CImageList ::BeginDrag, CImageList::BeginDrag | CImageList::EndDrag | CImageList::DragMove | CImageList::DragLeave. -Seetharam This article may be interesting to you. It's a little older, but it is still useful information: http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/controls/listview/dragdrop...

Showing a modal dialog AFTER my SDI app is visible.
Hi, I want to show a modal dialog immediatly after my SDI formview app has become visible. (at startup) (without having to press a button first). I mean i want to show a login dialog immediatly after the app. becomes active. If i do DoModal() for the login dialog somewhere in my code like in OnInitialUpdate(), the dialog appeares before the rest of the app is visible. You could set a timer at the end of OnInitialUpdate() that fires say, 1/2 second later and have it pop up the dialog and kill the timer. Tom "RAN" <nijenhuis@wish.nl> wrote in message news:1187720799.182448...

automatically deleting messages in the SPAM folder
In the Outlook Express 6 I am using, there are two separate folders named 1) Deleted items and 2) SpamMails. The messages in the Deleted messages get automatically deleted when O E 6 is closed. But the messages in the Spam Folder (even if deleted) are moved by O E 6 into the Deleted items Folder and since I want to see them removed from the system, I have to delete them, once again. Is there any way, O E 6 can be asked to automatically delete all the messages in the Spam folder? O E 6 also asks me every time it is closed if I want to compact all messages to save space bla bla,...

Does batch recovery result in different transaction source values?
We have a situation that we can't explain. Here are the facts: 1. User posted a Receivings transaction batch comprised of 37 different receipt transactions. 2. In the G/L, transactions #1-32 have a ORTRXSRC value of 'RECVG00001854', a TRXSORCE of 'GLTRX00037046' and an ORGNTSRC of 'RECVG00001854'. 3. In the G/L, transactions #33-37 have an ORTRXSRC value of 'GLTRX037046', a TRXSORCE of 'GLTRX00037047', and an ORGNTSRC of 'GLTRX037046'. Note the slight difference (one less zero) in the TRXSORCE and ORGNTSRC values compared to transacti...

Apply Outlook rules to other folders...
Is there any way to apply the rules to a folder other than "inbox"? When I try to change the "apply rules to this folder" setting, the only folder choice I have is the IMAP inbox. Thanks, P ...

Public Folders on 2 Exchange Servers #2
I have 2 Exchange Servers (2003 Ent. Ed.) in seperate Orgs - that each are running Public Folder stores. (keeping in mind we only have 1 "Public Folders", just multiple stores) They are in sync and I've tried to dismount the store on Server A so that everyone will only use Server B for their Public Folder needs. Once I dismount the store on Server A , everyone that has their mailboxes on Server A cannot see what's in the Public Folders on Server B. How can I dismount the Public Folders stores on Server A and have those people with mailboxes on Server A read/access th...

saving the same file in different places at a time
hi, i have an excel file in one system when i update this file, is it possible some range of cells in this file to be saved in the different system also how do i give a link to the other file? appreciate, if anyone could help Sounds like you want to paste a link so that the cell will update every time the other cell gets new info... To do this, say you want to link cell A1 to cell A7...click on cell A7 and click copy...Go to cell A1 and click paste...Then (if you have Excel 2003), click on Edit/Paste Special/Paste Link and you now have youe link...The "Paste Link" Button ...

List all folders and files 02-23-10
Good afternoon everybody, I have a memory stick with numerous folders and files. What I would like to do is list in a spreadsheet all the folders and files within those folders please. Thanks in advance, Paul I have an add-in that will do exactly that, and more. See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/FolderTree.aspx for details. If you to just have code, the following code will create a list. Copy this code, then in VBA go to the Tools menu, choose References, and scroll down to and check "Microsoft Scripting Runtime". Change the lines of code marked with <<< to ...