personal folder #3

for some reason I have 2 personal folder that loads the
same items folder and emails.  Its a duplicate and I can
not get rid of either of them, close or delete.  does
anyoen know how to change this?
0
anonymous (74722)

If you're using a version of Outlook that supports mail profiles, the
easiest way to fix this problem is to create a new mail profile from
scratch, attach your good .PST file to it, and delete the old profile.  What
version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode?
If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft
Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup".
(Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes.)

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:090101c3db29$1f61efc0$a101280a@phx.gbl,
stacy wrote:

> for some reason I have 2 personal folder that loads the
> same items folder and emails.  Its a duplicate and I can
> not get rid of either of them, close or delete.  does
> anyoen know how to change this?

Excel Download #3
Please help! I'm a big dummy when it comes to computers. I have windows Xp Home Addition and I need Excel to open a spread sheet that was sent to me. Is there such a thing as a free download just for Excel. Thank you Hi you have to buy Excel. Though you may tzy the free Excel viewer: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4eb83149-91da- 4110-8595-4a960d3e1c7c&displaylang=en -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "alms" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2ffc01c4c131$1236dc40$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Please help...

Opening a personal folder
i am trying to open my personal .pst folder which I happen to have protected with a password. I can't recall now my password. how can I open now this folder? There is a handy tool to strip the password of a pst-file. The funny thing is that this tool wasn't even written for stripping the password of a pst-file but for upgrading the pst-file to a newer format. Stripping the password was just a (handy) side effect. Don't use this tool for any illegal activities!!! Read the pstread.txt file included in the zip before using the utility! http://www.computerhope.com/download/upda...

Get External Data #3
Does anyone use the Data>Get External Data to get multiple stock quotes? Recently when I try to use it, I get the error message "Unable to open http://webservices.pcquote.com/cgi-bin/excel.exe. Has this site been closed,or am I having a problem? Dan Goto http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xltraders/ and look for author donalb36 and download my FREE files to do just this -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Dan Chupinsky" <dchupinsky@twmi.rr.com> wrote in message news:EOJxe.43174$7X1.31960@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com... > Does anyone use the Data>Get ...

Outlook 2003 crash on startup in WinXP #3
My outlook has suddenly started crashing due on startup. It was working fine till a couple of days back. I haven't installed anything related to outlook except the normal update from Microsoft. I am using Outlook 2003 on XP. I tried the various solutions I could google in for but of no help. Here is the list of things(found in some post) I have already tried without any luck - Reinstall Outlook - Create a New Profile - Tried running outlook in Safe Mode (the safe mode is also crashing the same way as normal startup) - Remove outcmd.dat - Ran pstscan.exe on all my pst files. The Outlook...

No Personal Folder Files are currently open
Yesterday, I exported my contacts from Outlook 2003 to use on another PC. This export worked fine. Since then (may just be coindidence), when I try and back up my personal file using Outlook Personal Folders Backup, the "save backup" button is blank and clicking on options gives the legend "No Personal Folder files are currently open" The last succesful backup was 3 February at 22:36. Well, the Outlook file must be open as all e mail, calendar, contacts, tasks & notes are available and working. I do however have a "Personal Folders" listed at...

Outlook Stationary #3
I am having difficulty getting the free stationary to download in Outlook XP? If there is a charge for this question - cancel my question. Thank you. pretty stationary user <pretty stationary user@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am having difficulty getting the free stationary to download in > Outlook XP? If there is a charge for this question - cancel my > question. There's no charge in the newsgroups. Describe "having difficulty". Exactly what are you doing to try to download them and what happens? -- Brian Tillman ...

Sent Items"Unable to display the folder"
Hi all, I have a user that is unable to see any of his sent items. When he clicks sent items, he sees a grayed out window that says "unable to display the folder". Other than the sent items, everything seems to be working. New profile does not help, nor does signing on at a different machine. I gave myself permissions to his mailbox and added his account to my outlook and I can see his sent items that way, so they're still there. We're using Outlook 2003. Anyone have any ideas? I've never run into this before... In news:1159889972.221608.313190@k70g2000cwa.goog...

Help me please! #3
I use the function named EndDialog(IDABORT) to close the dialog on Windows2000(Server+sp3). It is successful. But, it occurs exception on Windows2003(Clean). I don't know why occurs exception and how to resolve the question. Help me please! Give me more help please! Thanks! ...

Degree symbol #3
I have a worksheet with latitude and longitude in two columns. Over 1000 coordinates make up the wks. The cell format is xx xx.xxx with the degree symbol after the first two digits. I would like to remove this symbol from every cell. How can I do this in one shot? Thanks. Ken Good afternoon JKB Highlight the whole range and select Edit > Replace. Find : � and leave replace blank. HTH Dominic -- dominic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1893 View this thread:...

Emails saved in personal sent item folder instead of group mailbox
Can I have emails sent from group mailbox saved in the group mailbox sent items folder instead of personal sent items folder? Currently, I send emails using the from field and the emails are saved in my personal sent item folder instead of the appropriate mailbox that I'm representing. I have to drag the emails in my personal sent items folder to the appropriate mailbox. Thanks!! Hi, This currently isn't possible in Outlook. You would need a third party tool like the Sent Items Organizer Add-In at (shameless self plug) http://www.SperrySoftware.com/Outlook/Sent...

Public folders #21
Is there a way to view public folder contacts(Stored in AD) in Web Mail? ...

IMAP-Folders aren't showing unread mail, even though it's in there

hyperlinks in a file in an exchange folder
Can I put hyperlinks in a file in an exchange folder to link to files stored in sub folders under that exchange folder? I know that I can link back to a network drive, which is what I am doing now, but I want to give hyperlink access to files to users who do not have access to our network drives, but have access to exchage folders. Thanks Greg ...

gridlines #3
Can you show the gridlines even if you don't have any text in the cell? If you can how can I do this? Thanks in advance. Annette What do you mean, show where? If you have gridlines checked under tools>options>views then they are shown, if not then they are not shown regardless of any text. If you mean print then the answer is no unless you fake them by using borders instead -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Annette" <Annette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF75B0F8-788B-4C03-AA5C-13542430DDE5@microsoft.com... > Can you show the gridlines even i...

open folder containing data for the same country
Hi I am trying to do the following my job is to receive and account the Patients bills which comes to me from diff countries and I have to keep a copy for the office now , we want to stop taking copies , and instead , I should scan the documents and save as pdf files and according to the instructions from my boss, i have created a folder "invoices" and in this folder I have created many folders with there names as counties names ie."usa","united kingdom","germany",etc folder is kept in drive d D:\invoices\ i have a form called &qu...

Exchange 2003 won't send emails to a select few domains #3
Thanks Geo. Unfortunatelly, using a Smart Host does not solve the problem. The problem of not having a reverse DNS lookup seems to still exist. My Email provider confirmed that using their SMTP server does not solve that problem. Unfortunatelly getting a static IP adress from my ISP with a reverse DNS lookup entry is very costly. Is there any other possiblity of getting it working? Stefan >"Geo" wrote: >If your ISP allows you to use their SMTP server for outbound message >delivery, then you can specify a Smart Host on the properties of the SMTP >Virtual Server, Delive...

450 5.2.3 Msg Size greater than allowed by Remote Host
Hi... I have exchange server 2003 and first time i set message size limit on smtp to 4 MB after that iremove that limit and right now it is unlimited but i cannot sent attachment size more then 4 MB i am receiving following error 450 5.2.3 Msg Size greater than allowed by Remote Host Pls le help me Thanks tp "=?Utf-8?B?dHA=?=" <tp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:C985DB16-0949-40D6-B544-F8129B244D2F@microsoft.com: > I have exchange server 2003 and first time i set message size limit on > smtp to 4 MB after that iremove that limit and right now it is >...

Public Folder autoreply issue...
All, I have set up a mail-enabled public folder and set up Folder Assistant rule to reply with template, which I formatted with message to sender confirming "email has been received...". I also put internal GROUP distribution list in Bcc to inform them when something gets posted to folder. When I send an email to this folder (from outside internet account...I have tried four different accounts), I do not get a reply back to sender account. However, the distribution list get notification message generated from autoreply...it shows To: as original sender...so it appears that i...

Need help sorting the Folder List
Everytime I configure outlook, I notice that the Folder List is sometime in the descending order. How to do change this so that you can view the Folder List in ascending order. ...

hosting multiple domains #3
Hi Im running exchange 2003 on a windows 2003 AD domain. I am trying to host a second domain on my server. I have created a group in ADUC and populated this group with the users whom i want to recieve the 2nd domain email address. I setup my email address policy and i search for this group based on the groups distingushed name. The policy runs fine, but only the group i created gets the 2nd domains email address, none of the users i put in this group do. Do i have to create another recipient policy based on a user attribute? this would mean that i would have to create two recipient policies o...

Mutiple Personal Folders in Outlook
Hi all, I recently noticed that rather than just one Personal Folder in my Outlook mail folder view, there are three. Now, I have set up three separate POP3 accounts and pst files on this one workstation; however, other than the main one, each of the others opens and only shows that one. When I right-click the second or third in the list, and select Close, I get the message: Operation Failed, object could not be found. How can I get this set back to just one folder? Thanks! Larry Create a new mail profile and configure it to use your default .pst file, not one of the ghosts. --�...

test #3
test ...

.NET 3.5 SP1 install failure
..NET 3.5 SP1 is being clean installed on a Windows Server 2003 Std Terminal Server (application mode). This is done by first going to Add/Remove Programs --> Add New Program --> browse to .exe. The install fails with the following message .......... "An error occurred during setup. Installed files have been removed from your computer. For known issues and troubleshooting information, see the online Readme. For error information, see Error Log." The error log has the following: [03/22/10,16:55:47] WIC Installer: [2] Error code 1603 for this component ...

Delete mass amounts of email from Public Folders
Hello exchange experts, I have over 100,000 emails on one public folder that I would like to delete. When I perform this procedure in outlook I'm limited in the amount of emails I can delete at one time. Can someone please provide a programmatic way, tool, or direct me to a link or in the right direction so I can clean this public folder up. The public folder is not being replicated The platform is Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 Kind regards, Juan On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 11:53:08 -0700, "Juan" <Juan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello exchange experts, &...

Can Rules be processed on folders like Sent Items?
Hi, I need to have my sent items saved in a local PST file instead of the server mail file. I do not want to use deliver mail to the local inbox I want the inbox mail to stay in the server but have sent items processed in the local pst. I cannot seem to find a way to get a rule to run on any folder but the inbox. I appreciate any assistance you can provide. Thank You, Greg You can create a rule that runs on mail that's being sent to save it in another folder. Just turn off the option to automatically save sent things to Sent Items "Greg Salts" <GregS...