Person Name smart tag Performance Problem

Dear all,

I'm writing a Person Name smart tag for the persona menu in Outlook
and am creating dynamic caption with the IsCaptionDynamic() function.
However, there is a noticable delay when popping up the smart
tag("Additional Actions") Sub-menu.

At first I suppose the VerbCaptionFromID2() function is only called as
many times as the number of verbs, but then I noticed that it is
called about the "square of number of verbs" times. I'm wondering if
this behaviour cause pop-up slow. Is there any way to reduce the
calling times? Thanks in advance~

Regards,
Albert

Hi Albert,

is the personname smart tag in Outlook 2007 shown, too?

Christian

"ngwaihoalbert@gmail.com" wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm writing a Person Name smart tag for the persona menu in Outlook
> and am creating dynamic caption with the IsCaptionDynamic() function.
> However, there is a noticable delay when popping up the smart
> tag("Additional Actions") Sub-menu.
>
> At first I suppose the VerbCaptionFromID2() function is only called as
> many times as the number of verbs, but then I noticed that it is
> called about the "square of number of verbs" times. I'm wondering if
> this behaviour cause pop-up slow. Is there any way to reduce the
> calling times? Thanks in advance~
>
> Regards,
> Albert

Comments problem
I've created a number of comments. When I position the comments where I want them, they only reflect their positions on "Show" or "Edit" comment. All the comments default to the same relationship to the cells when you pass over them. This is a problem because I've also used data vaildation (with lists) on these cells and you can't display the comment with the list pulled down at the same time because the comments are tool close to the validated cell. Thanks in adavance. The comment usually appears to the right of the cell, and should still allow you to see t...

Printing problem from Excel 2007

Excel Mail Merger Problem
When merging excel with word for..my currrency field is dropping off zeros to the right of decimal point..if field has $ 56.03, it imports correctly, but if it is $56.00, it comes in as $56, if it is $56.30, it comes in as $56.3...this process is for invoices..any advice (I've tried everything)? Debra Dalgleish has given the following reply in newsgroups http://google.com/groups?threadm=3EBB0685.5080002%40contextures.com and has also identified the following MS KB articles in such as : http://google.com/groups?threadm=3DFA8DA8.6000209%40contextures.com 304387 - WD: Date, Phone N...

synchronising problem with Sony NWZ-S545
Up until recently i could sync tracks/albums etc to my sony S545 MP3. now when i try and drag tracks to the sync folder then click start sync the mp3 player just freezes, WMP states "processing" but nothing happens. Have searched the web for a solution but nothing. done sysem restore etc etc. I guess it must be a recent update but what one? Its a pain in the backside and hope someone can help "Wookywoo" wrote: > Up until recently i could sync tracks/albums etc to my sony S545 MP3. now > when i try and drag tracks to the sync folder then click s...

Problem hot synching Outlook 2002 with Palm Pilot
I recently had to reformat my c: drive and reinstall Windows XP and Office XP, including Outlook 2002. Since then, whenever I hot synch my Palm Pilot with Outlook, the hot synch is interrupted with a dialog saying "This action cannot be completed because the 'Inbox Microsoft Outlook' program is not responding. Choose 'Switch to" and connect the problem." When I press the 'Switch to" button, I get a second dialog, which says, "Microsoft Outlook - A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? ...

AAC/M4A VB Tag Decoder Source Code ??
Does anybody have source code that can read AAC/M4A audio files in order to extract the tags? I'm working in VB 6.0. "David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:i089v8$qrf$3@news.eternal-september.org... : Does anybody have source code that can read AAC/M4A audio files in order to : extract the tags? I'm working in VB 6.0. I just Googled it. Losts of example there. Any reason you couldn't try that first? -- Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org ClassicVB Users ...

code problem
Hi this is a follow on to a previous thread (Copy Macro) We are now successfully creating a new Workbook using the code below. With ActiveWorkbook FName = .Path & "\code.txt" .VBProject.VBComponents("Module2_sort").Export FName End With ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(Array("Supplier Concerns")).Copy ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="c:\Week\testing" & strFileName & ".xls" ActiveWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents.Import FName Problem is when we open the new Workbook and run the macro the code defaults ba...

I am converting lotus123 files to excel2002. One problem is that in lotus, literals are ignored when found in a cell within a formula. Excel on the other hand is not doing this and therefore causing #value errors on all the formulas where this occurs. Is there a way to handle this in excel other than manually having to change all the formulas? ...

What does #REF! mean in the Name Manager
I have a 2007 workbook with 6-7 sheets. I made some changes to cell names and apparently made some mistakes. When I open the Name Manager, the last entry looks like this: Name Value Refers to Scope Comments x #REF! =#REF!$C$25 Workbook I cannot find that name anywhere. I have looked in C25 on every sheet. What does this mean? >Name Value Refers to Scope Comments > x #REF! =#REF!$C$25 Workbook #REF! means it's an invalid reference. Did you delete a sheet? If so, that's probably why you're getting those. -- Biff Micro...

save as problem
I cant save my excel file The "save as" option is not eviable. Whats happening? "From a prior post by Ron DeBruin, You can reset your menubar to default. Right click menubar. Customize > Toolbars Tab. Select worksheet menubar. Click Reset button. Using VBA Application : CommandBars(""Worksheet menu bar"").Controls(""File"").Reset Or the whole menubar Application.CommandBars(1).Reset You lost the things you add to the menubar!!" ========================================================== And one link that offers some sugges...

Odd problem with worksheets when opening file
Okay, here's the odd problem that's come up. When you double click on a excel file, excel opens up, but you can onl see the toolbars. The grid area looks like a snapshot of whatever you current background is before the file opened up. If you were showin your desktop, after the excel file opened, you'd still see your deskto in the datagrid area. If you start up a new excel file, then do the File>Open>file name, th file will open correctly. This problem happens across users here. Everyone is currently runnin office 2K. Any ideas on what causes the problem and any...

Microsoft Office OneNote should provide Smart art.
Microsoft Office OneNote should provide Smart Art. It would make note taking much easier. I do not want to go back to Excel for Smart Art. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=26a...

How do insert name automatically atop of each pg of doc?
Hello, How do I automatically insert name on each page of document like inserting page numbers? My professor told me not to type it in but to insert and I have not been able to do so. This is a new program for me, Word 2007. I have to submit my paper in MLA form and do not wish to lose points because for this. Thanks for your help. Click on the Insert tab of the Ribbon and then in the Header and Footer section, click on Header and make your choice from the options presented or click on the Edit Header button to get a blank header pane in which to insert the name in the...

Problem OL 2002 Email
I am having a problem with OL 2002 email settings. I have two computers which I am setting up. One computer works perfectly. The second computer I have configured exactly the same...incoming/outgoing servers and ports, etc... are all setup the same. On the second computer when I press test email settings, everything tests fine. But when I try to do a Send/Receive, I run into problems. First, the POP3 tries to connect to the POP3 server twice at the same time. (I am able to see this on my POP3 server console.) Second, the SMTP sending mail never connects to my SMTP server. (Ag...

2007 B2 MSOO has encountered a problem
More often then not when I click to open an email in my inbox I get this MSOO pop-up with a checkbox, checked telling me MSOO has encountered a problem and needs to close. Has this been an issue for others and is there a fix. If you have Adobe Acrobat Pro 6/7 (not the reader), go into Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, click change for Adobe Acrobat Pro and remove the Office & Outlook plugins. Patrick Schmid -------------- http://pschmid.net "Jax" <Jax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A74147F4-CD75-4FF8-98A7-5A18B01A8FDD@microsoft.com: > More of...

Sumproduct Problem (AB)
Hi everyone, can you please sort out this problem for me? SUMPRODUCT(('Client Opening Stock'!B2:B138=$A$1)*('Client Opening Stock'!C2:AH138=A7),'Client Opening Stock'!C2:X138) 'Client Opening Stock'!B2:B138 is the Client Name Client Opening Stock'!C2:AH138 is the Product 'Client Opening Stock'!C2:X138 is the Amount I belive the formula is not the proper formula, but this is the result I need. Thank you for your kind help You need to tell us what the problem is, and what solution you want. Why is it "not the proper formula...

Query Problem in Test.
I keep getting errors on the WHERE part of my query. I'm sure it's something simple. I don't know if you will need the whole code to see what the problem is. It is lengthy, so I will start with just where the problem is. Set rs = DBEngine(0)(0).OpenRecordset("SELECT T2.Distance, T1.* FROM (Church AS T1 INNER JOIN qryChurchZip1 ON T1.ChurchID = qryChurchZip1.ChurchID) INNER JOIN DistanceQuery AS T2 ON qryChurchZip1.Zip5 = T2.ZIPCode WHERE " & strWhere) ' See if found none If rs.RecordCount = 0 Then MsgBox "No Churches meet your crite...

HTA problem with IE8
We discovered an issue with some inbedded VBScript code inside an HTA written by a developer that is no longer with us. The code work in IE6 but error out on the set objMsgArea statement indicating that the object requires 'objMenuFrame' which should have been set in the previous line of code. If I put in an 'On Error Resume Next" statement in that sub the HTA appears to work correctly however I don't like putting a band-aid on something like this. Does anyone have any solution for this? Here's the code: sub AppStatusDisplay(strMsgIn, bolAddToStatusLogIn) s...

change column name from letters to numbers?
I'm importing a 3rd party CSV file into Excel and then comparing some of the contents to a printed spec. Each numbered field in the spec corresponds to a column in the work sheet. I'd like to change the column headers from letters to numbers. Is that possible? Tools-->Options, General tab. Check the R1C1 Reference Style. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Jerry" <jerry@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:OoyPef$eFHA.3048@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I'm importing a 3rd party CSV file into Excel and then comparing ...

Problem with 07 Office Pdf/Xps Add-in
Hello Despite having installed the 2007 Office SaveAs Pdf/Xps add-in, I have seen Mary Sauer's posting on this somewhere asking if it in the Add-in of the Office programmes. I do not see it any of the programmes even though I have reinstalled twice with genuine validation. Anything else I can do? Thks. Menk It's like a printer...you print to it. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Menikos" <menikos88@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u2EEuVswIHA.4564@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello > > Despite having installed the 200...

Sending email in CRM web app problem
Hi, I found this problem very annoying. Our CRM's SMTP service is hosted in YahooMail. The SMTP address is mail.bizmail.yahoo.com and this is a "locked down" server, which means required authentication by username and password. I configured the CRM server's registry by settings the SMTPServerUrl and other stuff, such as Username and password entries. Now, when we send emails from CRM web app, it works... BUT... when we send email using a template which has embedded images, it cannot send the email and reports an error: "Not valid association" something... A...

Unable to deliver the message due to a recipient problem #3
Hi can anybody help. I check with varies newsgroup but to no scucess. like for example below When you send mail to an X.400 personal address book (PAB) entry or one-off address, you may receive the following non-delivery report (NDR):... However, this one-off entryis not active in our server. ...

insert a user's name/id
I am aware of functions like =TODAY() which will automatically insert today's date into a cell. I was wondering if something similar existed for user ID's/name. When you create a new spreadsheet it bears the name of the user who first created it in the properties. Is there a function I can put in a cell that will show the user name/id who has opened or last mondified the file (for example)? Thanks. not that i know of but you can do it with code. here is some code we use in some of our files to keep a record of who opened a file, when and how long they were in it. to add cod...