Persistent 'pop up' message problem

When Outlook Inbox is opened, the last message is highlighted and a pop up
message appears asking where  to save the (highlighted )message.

No matter what reply is made - Cancel or <enter> - another box pops up
asking the same thing.

The only way to get out of Outlook is to open task manager and end the
Outlook process.

Needless to say, Outlook is not usable.

I am using Vista.

There was a file problem with a recent Vista installation on this computer:
Upon reboot, Chkdsk began renaming the security id to a "default id" for all
files.

Many Thanks.

0
jtube (2)

Version of Outlook? Try detect and repair (office diagnostics if you can't
get into outlook to run it, you can do it from any other office app.  In
2007 apps you need to open the office orb menu - then the options button at
the bottom. Office diagnostics is there.

Do you have any add-ins installed or VBA code running?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"JTube" <jtube@rcn.com> wrote in message
> When Outlook Inbox is opened, the last message is highlighted and a pop up
> message appears asking where  to save the (highlighted )message.
>
> No matter what reply is made - Cancel or <enter> - another box pops up
> asking the same thing.
>
> The only way to get out of Outlook is to open task manager and end the
> Outlook process.
>
> Needless to say, Outlook is not usable.
>
> I am using Vista.
>
> There was a file problem with a recent Vista installation on this
> computer: Upon reboot, Chkdsk began renaming the security id to a "default
> id" for all files.
>
> Many Thanks.

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Search Code Problem
I have a search that I would like to have run from three tables. 'strSQL = "SELECT tblHouses.RollNumber, tblHouses.PID, tblHouses.FirstOfHouseAddress, tblAccounts.AccountNo, tblListNos.MainListNo1, tblListNos.MStatus, tblListNos.ProjectID, tblHouses.Strata, tblHouses.Inactive, tblHouses.FirstOfPostalCode, tblHouses.FirstOfHouseNumber, tblHouses.FirstOfRoadName, tblHouses.LotNo, tblHouses.Telephone1, tblHouses.Telephone2, tblListNos.MPriority, tblListNos.MaintenanceComments, tblListNos.MainIssuedDate " _ '& "FROM (tblHouses LEFT JOIN tblListNos ON tblHouses.R...

Problem with MDBVU32-Can't select MAPI profile
Hello, I try to open Exchange 5.5 SP4 IMC MTS-IN and MTS-OUT queues refering to MS KB165505. When I start the MDBVU32.EXE tool after creating a MAPI profile with PROFINST.EXE I don't have the possibility to select this MAPI profile to open the message store - has anybody also come across this problem ? Rstarting the Exchange server (NT4 SP6a) like explained in article KB165505 does not help - I can't select any MAPI profile within MDBVU32. Are there some hints or tricks to solve this ? Thanks and kind regards, Andreas Praedel praedel.andreas@oce.de Close any other MAPI ...

Problem with PSTs created in Outlook 2000 when copied into Outlook 2002 SP2
Hi, I am facing a problem. There is a problem thats occuring with the PST which was created in Outlook 2000 when it is being configured for the profile copied into Outlook 2002 SP2. The default folders, Inbox/Outbox/Journal/Calendar are shown as junk. Could anyone has any clue as to what can be done? Thanks in advance. Param. How are you "configuring" the file? Have you checked it for errors? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Param" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d40401c453b2$cd6eeee0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am fac...

syncronizing email messages
Where do I find the name of the inbound and outbound servers in Outlook 2002? Your ISP will provide that information. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Neil <nhr1@swbell.net> asked: | Where do I find the name of the inbound and outbound | servers in Outlook 2002? ...

Outlook 2007 doesn't show entire message!! HELP please!
I have been searching for a probmlem i have with Outlook 2007. I am recieving emails fine, but what i noticed the other day, is that when i open the message with my PC, only part of the mesage is shown, the part that is from the sender, but when it includes a forwarded text, it will not show!! this is a huge problem.. once i missed an important notice because of this. But this problem does not occur when i open the mail with Mac. Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'...

Mail problem #2
I am Using Windows XP as my OS and MS outlook as my mail program but I have one small problem that I cannot seem to solve. Every time that I try to check my mail, I have to type in my passwords. Even when I click on the option to "Remember password", it will not be remembered the next time that I log on. Anybody got any ideas. Any help appreciated. Jimmy. If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 patches, then see if this article addresses your problemL OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a POP3 Server http://support.m...

Messages "To" Drop Down
Is there any way of removing cashiers(No Longer Employed) from this drop down or to be able to sort it to make the No longer employees appear at the bottom? I don't think there is. I tried putting an x in front of their number, then their name, spaces in front of thier number, name. The order always stayed the same. Maybe a suggestion to Microsoft should be ability to make cashiers inactive. "Marinert1965" wrote: > Is there any way of removing cashiers(No Longer Employed) from this drop down > or to be able to sort it to make the No longer employees appear at t...

AppCrach Problem
This program Modio worked fine untill 2 days ago. It keeps shutting down before I get to use it. These are the deatails: * problem signature: *problem event name: appcrash application name: modio.exe application version: 1.0.0.0 application timestamp: 4a5a1505 fault module name: stackhash_27f2 fault module version: 0.0.0.0 fault module timestamp: 00000000 exception code: c0000005 exception offset: 0001136c os version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3 locale id: 1033 additional information 1: 27f2 additional information 2: 325055436168101a578479ab72a66d1a additional information 3: 21e2 ...

OE Message Preview
On the split screen in Outlook Express I can read an incoming message by just selecting its line and viewing it on the lower half. Does this mean that a spammer now knows the message has been read? If so, how can I avoid this? Loran1 <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > On the split screen in Outlook Express I can read an > incoming message by just selecting its line and viewing it > on the lower half. Does this mean that a spammer now knows > the message has been read? If so, how can I avoid this? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

pop up
why does the statement "no custom dictionary was opened" pop up everytime I relpy to an e-mail. Dunno. You should probably ask this in a newsgroup that is related to whatever email client you are using - this is a Microsoft Publisher newsgroup. "reinac13" <reinac13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7B7CD83-5807-40A3-91F4-0918808C9EF5@microsoft.com... | why does the statement "no custom dictionary was opened" pop up everytime I | relpy to an e-mail. On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 15:16:02 +0000, reinac13 wrote (in article <E7B7CD83-5807-40...

Cell Error Message
I am running Excel 2002 and keep getting a comment like deal in all cells that are not calculating to the end of the range. For example if I have data in Col. a.b.c.d.e.f but do not include Col. a, I get a comment type message that the formula did not calculate the entire range(which I do not want it to). I know that I can turn this off manually (in each and every cell effected)(about 50), however does anyone have an idea of how to turn it off completely, either my use of a VBA or Excel itself. Thanks Frank ...

File in Use problem
I'm revisiting some VBS scripts that I wrote several years ago to generate resumes for me (via Word macros) and would like some guidance on a couple of errors I am getting. I'll post about the two errors separately so that each has its own thread. My VBS script is pretty simple: ======================= ' Get arguments into variables If WScript.Arguments.Count > 0 Then MsgBox "Too many arguments; expecting none." WScript.Quit End If ' Find path for MyDocuments folder Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application") Set objFolder = o...

Scatter graph problem
Hi, I have created a scatter graph showing the results of 200+ pupils in two tests. The x axis shows the result of test A, the v axis test B. My problem is that some of the points on the graph represent 1 pupil and another may represent 70. Please can someone tell me how I can indicate the number of pupils for each point. Thanks, Sue I'm curious how the data are organized and how the graph is created. So, if you don't mind sharing that... In the meantime, specific to your question, if you have the count (i.e., the frequency) data in some column, you could use Rob Bovey's...

Outlook XP, sychronization over VPN problems
Hi, I have a user running Win 2k with Outlook 2002 (to run a View Sonic palm that he purchased) and when he is online in the office, through the LAN, Outlook works fine. The problem arises when he either dials in or uses DSL from home, after he connects to our VPN and gets into Outlook, the synchronization process starts immediately and runs often. He says it often takes him 30 minutes to write an email because the synchronization happens so often that it is hanging up his computer. I think I have shut off the Auto Synch feature but it still happened. I was on MS website and they l...

Dialog problem
I build a dialog class to manager my dialog resource. I call DoModal() method to show it.To my surprise, at first the dialog can not handle my left mouse button input,but if I click my right mouse button or let the dialog lose and get focus again, the dialog can handle my mouse input. I am very confused by that,and don't know why. Who know why.Thanks a lot. This does not make sense. Are you capturing the mouse at all? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "zade" <zhaohc@ict.ac.cn> wrote in message news:cd2601c3823f$7791a4d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I ...

Trouble forwarding email as text message using SMS
I have set up to forward specific emails to my cell phone as text messages. The content of the message does not come thru as part of the text (these messages are SHORT messages) Any suggestions? -- Sheri Sheri <Sheri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have set up to forward specific emails to my cell phone as text > messages. The content of the message does not come thru as part of > the text (these messages are SHORT messages) > Any suggestions? No need to ask more than once. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

CRM 1.2 to 3 upgarde Queue problem
Hi all, After a bit of mucking around we got CRM V3 installed sucessfully. We have found since then, upon testing various area's of the system that the Queue's aren't working. I have attempted to re-create the Queue, deleting and re-creating the AD user, configured fowarding using rule wizard for CRM exchange connector. Has anybody else seen this? know how to fix? Any help/ideas greatly appreciated. Regards, Nathan ...

Strip blank lined from forwarded messages
I'd like to send more of my reciieved message vial my mail to SMS service - limit 160 characters. I've searched Slipstick and tried some utilities, but without much success. It would be nice, for instance to get rid of the leading blank lines. It seems possible as some service providers offer it, my doesn't, and I cant't change. Any ideas? Steve ...

My Outlook 2003 follow up flags don't pop up as reminders?
I have used ollow up flags extensively before on previous laptops and previous server systems, but for some reason when I set a reminder on an outgoing email on my current system it doesn't pop up at the set time and go into the reminders task schedule - any ideas? For Outlook 2003 and previous, flags only work for items in the Inbox. Outlook 2007 fires reminders for flagged items in any folders. You can make it work for previous versions of Outlook by using this add-in; http://addins.howto-outlook.com/slovaktech_extendedreminders -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coautho...

GDI+ Effects Problem
Hi guys, I got GDI+ to work pretty well in VC6 but I can't get the effects to work. Do I need a namespace ? What should I do ? This won't work: Sharpen sharpen; I get the classic C2065 undeclared identifier compilation error. Thanks, Robert ...

Calculated measure problem (OLAP) in Excel Spreadsheet
G'Day all I am having trouble with a calculation that on the surface seems to be working until it is opened up in excel The measure calculates the Actual Value as of last year and is as follows - ([Measures].[Act Val],ParallelPeriod([Time].[Year],1) This works fine until I look at the totals within EXCEL 2002/200 1)If I choose to view a whole year then the total shows me a whole year. That is fine and as expected 2)If I choose part of the year the total shows me the whole year. This is wrong and am wondering if it is an Excel probem or my calculation? But here is the weird part - 3)I...

Reminder keeps popping up?
I have MS Money Small Business 2004. For what ever reason, each time I start the app, a popup window appears asking me to upgrade Money. I can upgrade or remind me later. Is there a way to make this stop with out buying the upgrade? This is a fully purchased version. Thanks, Brett In microsoft.public.money, brett wrote: >I have MS Money Small Business 2004. For what ever reason, each time I >start the app, a popup window appears asking me to upgrade Money. I >can upgrade or remind me later. Is there a way to make this stop with >out buying the upgrade? This is a fully p...

To Mr. Liengme: Re My previous Post Concerning My Bar Chart Problem
Hello again Mr. Liengme, I tried what you suggested, and it works just fine. But, I really don't understand what, exactly, I am doing when I do this cell deletion. And then "select that cell (B1) down to the last and across to C". a. Can you explain, please what I am accomplishing when I do this ? What happens or changes in the Formatting, or... ? b. Also, I thought I would be clever and formatted one column as text. This did not work. Why not ? Thanks again; really appreciate your time and help/ Bob ------------------------- Your x and y values are both num...

Outlook 9/2000 Print problem
Dear, Office 2000 (9) SP2 on Windows 2000 Prof. SP3 and set as IMO (Internet Mail Only). The JPeG can't print if that email created by Excel -> Insert Objcec from file -> Send to recipent. The text can print, the JPeG appear as a dead link with a red-corss icon... rgds, David and thanks!! ...

Convert Access 2003 Back To Access 97 Problem
When I use the Access 2003 utility to convert my database back to Access 97, all the table links (ODBC to SQL Server) turn into local Access tables. Has anyone run into this problem and what can be done about it, if anything? Delete the tables and create new links. The work of minutes: file, import, as links. The wizard is too dumb to recognise ODBC links. It assumes all links are to Jet 4 tables, which won't be recognised by A97. (david) "MikeW" <mwhitson@msn.com> wrote in message news:1133954804.989951.93560@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > When I use the Acces...