Permanently deleting messages of certain age without Outlook running

Exchange/Outlook 2000

Is there any means to specify a rule or configuration setting so that
emails sent to a specific mailbox will be permanently deleted after 3
days for example? No outlook session will be running for the mailbox
so this will have to be a server side process as client-rules and
auto-archiving are useless in this scenario. The mailbox is only
occasionally monitored so we only require the last few days worth of
emails to be maintained for audit reasons, but we do require that the
inbox and deleted items box are emptied automatically so that no
maintenance is necessary.

Thanks in advance
no5pamm3r (1)

Look into Mailbox Manager on the server.

Pedros wrote:
> Exchange/Outlook 2000
>
> Is there any means to specify a rule or configuration setting so that
> emails sent to a specific mailbox will be permanently deleted after 3
> days for example? No outlook session will be running for the mailbox
> so this will have to be a server side process as client-rules and
> auto-archiving are useless in this scenario. The mailbox is only
> occasionally monitored so we only require the last few days worth of
> emails to be maintained for audit reasons, but we do require that the
> inbox and deleted items box are emptied automatically so that no
> maintenance is necessary.
>
> Thanks in advance

lanwench (7567)

Unable to delete empty database

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

message delivery problems

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

Cannot Delete Any Records
We're running CRM 3 Rollup v3 and we have recently found that we cannot delete any records in CRM. We recently migrated over to a Windows 2003 Enterprise install running SQL 2000 Enterprise. Everything else is working without issue for us. For example I am a Sys Admin, and I receive a generic SQL Server error when going to delete an activity? I know that in the past this was possible, any thoughts? Sean; sounds like something went wrong with your migration. you can run a CRM trace or a SQL Profiler trace while performing the deletion to see if you can pin-point the error. Dave Ire...

Are there free upgrades to Outlook 2000?

Nothing happens at ctrl-alt-delete prompt
I have a desktop running WinXP Pro. It was running terribly slow, so I rebooted. When I got to the ctrl-alt-delete prompt, I hit the keys and nothing happened. I powered off and back on again and same thing. I rebooted to Last Known Good Configuration, and still the same thing. Then I tried a different keyboard. Still nothing happens when you press ctrl-atl-delete. During the boot process, the lights on the keyboard (num lock, cap lock, etc) blink, so it appears that the keyboard and computer are communicating on some level, at least. Anyone have any thoughts on anything ...