pdf. file

Help!!

Someone has sent me an e-mail with a pdf file attachment.
For some reason, unknown to me, I can't open it.  Any
suggestions, tips or clues???

thanx in advance
0
nikko-cat (1)

Do you have Adobe Acrobat/Acrobat Reader installed? If you save the file to
your hard drive, can you open it?

deb wrote:
> Help!!
>
> Someone has sent me an e-mail with a pdf file attachment.
> For some reason, unknown to me, I can't open it.  Any
> suggestions, tips or clues???
>
> thanx in advance

0
lanwench (7567)
12/14/2003 6:22:54 PM
do you have adobe reader?
"deb" <nikko-cat@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Help!!
>
> Someone has sent me an e-mail with a pdf file attachment.
> For some reason, unknown to me, I can't open it.  Any
> suggestions, tips or clues???
>
> thanx in advance

0
johnhusted (53)
12/14/2003 6:30:36 PM
Try changing the encoding of the message to US-ASCII

0
anonymous (74722)

Problem opening excel files from email
Has anyone heard of a problem opening up excel files from an email attachment? This problem started happening to me about a week ago - when I receive an excel file by email and I attempt to open it from the email message, the excel program opens but the file does not. So what I have to do is save the file to my desktop and open it from within excel (File menu - then open) Can anyone please help. Thanks Dave -- DXC001 Sometimes one of these works when a similar problem occurs with windows explorer. Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel a...

how do I download, export, or copy pab file
I want to download, export, or copy my MS Outlook 2003 address book (or pab file), without going thru the Internet, so I can load it on another computer. Where is the pab file? Outlook has not used a PAB file in over a decade. Rephrase you query with that reality in mind. Include the reason you thought you would have to "go through the Internet." You posted no information that would permit anyone to answer your question. -- Russ Valentine "sandrini" <sandrini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A98B91EE-6AF6-4B18-91A1-50259D080F41@micros...

Can anybody convert 2 small pub files for me?
Hi, is there anybody who wants to convert 2 .pub files for me? I have received 2 pub files I have to work with (90 kb and 180 kb), no idea what version, i tried adobe Converter 1.0 for Microsoft Publisher 95 and 97 that didn't work. Googled for ways to convert, but that doesn't seem possible. Looked to download the trial version as a last option but there only seems be a cd trialversion. But I have to get it quickly, this weekend so i can do something with it. If someone can convert it to pdf or text, (I believe it's only dutch text) i would be very happy. Anybody I can sent t...

convert lotus files?
how can i convert,open, import, whatever a lotus file into excel? File, Open, Change type of file to Lotus 123(*.wk?), browse to location of file, find file, click ok If ext is *.123, open file with lotus, save as .wk4 and then open with excel "sherib68" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D451561-5732-41D0-827A-DF1FD930B2E3@microsoft.com... : how can i convert,open, import, whatever a lotus file into excel? ...

size of a file and unicode
Hi! I have this simple program and write 16 character into the file called test.txt. If I check the size of the file by using the Length propery on the FileInfo class I can see that myLong variable is 16. If I use a binary Viewer to look at the file test.txt I see that the number of bytes is 16 with the following Hex values 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Now to my question but unicode is two bytes. I have thought that unicode is used but here it's not used because each charcter is just a single byte and not 2 bytes that unicode is ? static void Main(str...

import data from a text file
See attached text file. What I am trying to do is to get the data fro the 10m sample at each hour, when importing it into excel I find no way to ge the 24 samples - one for each whole hour. These are daily files, and I would like to plot the current hour b hour. Untill now I have been scanning the file and entering it into Excel manually but that gets very boring after a while, anyone can help?? rgds Johnn +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: ESCSUM04.txt |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment...

Help with File Save As in
I run Windows XP Home and I have Office 2000 Small Business Edition installed, which is essentially used for Excel and Word. The problem I have is when I do a File > Save As, and then I choose the detailed view to be able to sort the documents, I cannot seem to have the files sorted alphabetically, despite clicking repeatedly on Name. I have had that problem for as long as I can remember, but I can no longer tolerate the frustration. If you have the solution, please help me. Thank you kindly. spencersj wrote: > I run Windows XP Home and I have Office 2000 Small Business Edition >...

pst file (again) 2003 Outlook
Why can't I see (or find) my pst file? I am looking in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook and all I see is Outlook.NK2 and Outlook.srs, no pst file THe program works correctly and when I go to "Data File Management" and double click on my renamed_File, it showe in the path that the file is named Outlook.pst. "TC" <tc@conecap.com> wrote in message news:ef05d458-82b8-41c3-b8a4-c885938dfabe@x21g2000yqa.googlegroups.com... > Why can't I see (or find) my pst file? I am looking in C:\Documents > and Settings\Owner\Applicati...

How determine if MsProject file saved in 2003 or 2007 version?
I'm having difficulty with MsProject 2007 Professional - I think it may be because I'm switching back and forth between saving files as 2003 vs. 2007. How can I quickly determine which format was used to save the file before I open it? I don't think there is any way to tell, without opening the file, what the format is. What are the specific problems you are having? --rms www.rmschneider.com leighg wrote: > I'm having difficulty with MsProject 2007 Professional - I think it may be > because I'm switching back and forth between saving ...

Memory Mapped file in WindowsMobile 6
Hello all, I am working with Windows CE 5 (Windows Mobile) I have mapped a very big file (~300MB) into VirtualMemory through 1. CreateFileForMapping 2. CreateFileMapping 3. MapViewOfFile. Everything OK Normally I Unmap this with UnmapViewOfFile. In most cases it works. But sometimes the unmap is not done correctly or some other reasons lead to the problem that I cannot map the file again into memory. When I look at this memory where the file was mapped to, it has these properties: mbi.BaseAddr: 0x4e000000 mbi.AllocBase: 0x4e000000 mbi.AllocProtect: 1 mbi.RegSize: 33...

Invoke PowerShell Script from Batch File
Richard just helped me write a PowerShell script to enable/disable a net adapter. Now I want to run the script from a batch file. I tried this: PowerShell -file EnableAdapter.ps1 with no luck. EnableAdapter.ps1 is in my path. It works if I run it from a PS prompt: & EnableAdapter.ps1. It also works if I use the noexit option: PowerShell -noexit -file EnableAdapter.ps1 Is it timing out or something? How can I get the first one to work? Fred If you do: PowerShell -file full_path\EnableAdapter.ps1 Then does it work? Marco "Frederick R. Hut...

Outlook 2007 Vista, Indexing files?
Hello, Suddenly this morning Outlook 2007 stopped using my Vista Indexing, So, I have looked at "Index messages in these data file" from the menu Tools | Options | Preferences | Search Options and found that there are no data files in the list box. How can I solve this problem please so I will see the data files for the Indexing? Thanks in advanced, Asaf Hi Asaf, Close outlook while you try these steps, � Point to START >>> RUN >>> Type �Net STOP WSEARCH� without quotes Click ok, once this process is complete. � Point to ...

Repairing file in 2004 vs 2007
I've run into a problem, which may force me to upgrade to 2007, something I was hoping to avoid. I'm running Money 2004. Recently, Money froze while closing down, and I had to force a shutdown to get my system to reboot. When I attempted to open money again, it told me that the file hadn't been properly closed (which makes sense, as Money froze), and attempted to repair it. Money then told me that it couldn't repair the file. I attempted to run the Salvage Tool that comes with Money 2004. After digesting the file for about 4 minutes it gives up, and tells me the fil...

Repoer Creation/PDF
Here is an option. OctoTools is an easy to use document management tool suite that encompasses Forms Design, Report Formatting, Electronic Distribution, Printing, and Text to PDF conversion. Advanced features include GUI based design environment, Built-in Post Script and PCL printer output, Drag and Drop placement of all elements, Automatic dynamic text and forms merge, Text boxes for dynamic and static text & Data Design elements, objects, images & text boxes, User defined "green bar" type striping, "Watched" directory support, Conditional based data formatting,...

how do i insert a page from a read only pdf document into word
how do i insert a page from a read only pdf document into word without losing reading quality? Word has no ability to handle PDF format documents. The only solutions are to extract the content of the PDF using OCR software such as FineReader or OmniPage, or to insert the first page of the PDF file as an object. (Objects cannot cross page boundaries in Word). If you insert an object it will adapt to the active margins, and as an image this will result in some image impairment. The best you can achieve is to set the layout wrap option of the object to something other than in-line...

Creating photo album
Hello, I'm designing a photo-album in MS Publisher that will be printed by a commercial printing-company, and I have some thoughts on how and in what format to save the document. I'm using Adobe Acrobat 6 to make a PDF out of the document. 1. The printing-company want the colors to be CMYK. Where can I make Acrobat store the colors as CMYK? In the settings on tab "Color" I have some options; in the "Color Management Policies" I can choose "Convert all colors to sRGB", but nothing like "Convert all colors to CMYK". So how can I make sure ...

Short Cuts to file folders
How do I create short cuts to favorite file folders in the new Vista OS -- Eric R Right-click any folder or file, click create shortcut, drag it to where ever you want it. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Eric R" <Eric@olvs.org> wrote in message news:F9744467-54E4-4254-B604-40B727600B2A@microsoft.com... > How do I create short cuts to favorite file folders in the new Vista OS > -- > Eric R ...

I have lost my HELP file.
Somehow my help file has been lost. Anyone have an idea how to recover this valuable asset? Please help. ...

What is advantage of using a resouce file as opposed to a string variable?
I've read Karl's article about using a .res file and LoadResData to store and transfer data, but why is this better than just using a string variable? I need to pump a load of data into a user-defined array (88 piano keys!) once only at startup and in the past I have handled that kind of task by sticking the data into a string, then using, say, Split to extract it. I then set the string to "" to recover memory. This is a lot less faffing about than using the resource editor and I can quickly change values in the string on the fly to test. So what's the adv...

Backing up ALL files with ntbackup
When I run ntbackup it doesn't seem to back up all files in the specified directories (especially images). How can I get it to back up all file extensions? "scott" <scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DFE984C8-24AE-447C-BEE8-232D28630496@microsoft.com... > When I run ntbackup it doesn't seem to back up all files in the specified > directories (especially images). How can I get it to back up all file > extensions? Your question may be better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsof...

showing excel file in intranet
I like to make my excel file in corporate intranet however, I want public to see particular sheet at begining whenever they open from intranet secondly, i want to restrict a few sheets from showing to public any way I can do this? "Soe" <soe@soe> wrote in news:#WPNKF87DHA.2796@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl: > I like to make my excel file in corporate intranet > however, I want public to see particular sheet at begining whenever they > open from intranet create a macro called auto_open that activates the desired sheet. > secondly, i want to restrict a few sheets from sh...

Convert Excel file 2003 to 1997
Hi Can I convert a 2003-format Excel file into 97-format Excel file programmatically? The "SaveAs" dialog box of Excel 2003 does save the file into Excel 97 format. But Can I do this by the Excel/Office Object Library? I could convert a Word 2003 file into Word 1997 file by the Object Library. I used "FileConverters" collection of Word for that. But I am unable to find such property in case of Excel. In some newsgroups, someone written that in case of Excel, there is no such feature exposed. Is it is so, what can be the alternate way to convert 2003 workbook into 1997 wo...

Find file and remove .csv extension
Hi, I'm tring to open a window, select a file with CSV extension, the file is coded to SelectedFile and then remove I want to remove the .CSV before renaming the file with the same name albeit with a .TXT extension. I've tried the code below for the inital test but it fails on the WorksheetFunction code. Am I on the right track? Thanks, Rob Sub macro1() Dim Filter, Caption, SelectedFile, DestinationFile As String Filter = "Text files (*.csv),*.csv" Caption = "Please Select a File " & TheUser SelectedFile = Application.GetOpenFilename(F...

Importing Files from Hard drive into a Public Folder
Hi, I have developed a knowledge share folder under Public Folders. This folder has a custom form I developed. I need to import files(word docs, excel sheets, pdfs, images, etc) from my hard drive into the knowledge share folder. I need the custom form to populate and attach the imported file. Is this possible? Thanks! Yes, it's possible. You'll need to write code to create a new instance of a custom form programmatically, using the Add method on the target folder's Items collection. You can use the code at http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/getfolder.htm to walk ...

Unable to remove or add files to WMP on Windows 7 x64
Hi, Recently, I have found that I am unable to add or remove video files to or from Windows Media Player on Windows 7 Professional x64. The main issue I have is with adding new .MP4 files. I can still add and remove music files to and from Windows Media Player. I have set up all my folder permissions correctly. I have added all the relevant files to my Videos Library. Windows Media Player can still play .MP4 files. It is the default player for this format. My full system specs. are included below. Thank you. -- BadHead :) -- OS: Windows 7 Professional (6...