Passwords #11

When I open outlook express I have it setup to slect a
profile. My question is can I set it up to password the
profile selection. I would like to select a profile and
then be promted for a password.

Can this be done ?
0
anonymous (74722)

This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office
family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one
of
these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress
for OE 5.5x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
for OE 6.x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.internet.mail.mac
for the Macintosh version of OE
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroups

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups). The links under the newsgroup
references are for use with MS's web newsreader (not exactly the best way to
post but it works for some people)

Also a good source of Outlook Express info can be found here:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, eravo asked:

| When I open outlook express I have it setup to slect a
| profile. My question is can I set it up to password the
| profile selection. I would like to select a profile and
| then be promted for a password.
|
| Can this be done ?

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Need to eliminate a Password change dialog box that appears when u
When a user goes to login to the exchange server VIA the web. When Entering in user/pass a message box appears stating that the password they are using is about to expire. You have 0 day's to change. Then it tell the user to go to Options to change the current password. How I do I eliminate this message? Also what caused this message to be displayed all of a sudden. Thanks for you time. Marcus On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 06:47:05 -0700, Marcus Feldmore <MarcusFeldmore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When a user goes to login to the exchange server VIA the web. When Entering &g...

2005 password problem
Is there a way to reset a password on a money 2005 file? I recently changed a file from MSN passport back to a money 2005 password. The change worked ok, but now when I enter the new password it says it is invalid??? What would be the point of having a password on a file that was easily reset? If you could easily reset it, so could the boogeyman you were scared of in the first place. Per chance are you trying to open the file from a recently reinstalled version or a different machine or similar? "dog" <dog@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:8VA0e.51687$6g7.48107@bignew...

Password prompt keeps popping up.
My network connection password request keeps comming up every minute. The 'test settings' feature says that incomming mail is not happening because of an incorrect password. New incomming mail is being turned away. What is hapening???? Stuts wrote: > My network connection password request keeps comming up every minute. The > 'test settings' feature says that incomming mail is not happening because of > an incorrect password. New incomming mail is being turned away. What is > hapening???? A "network password" is completely different than...

Problems installing WMP 11 On XP Professional Machine
WMP install fails with a '0x8007f00d' error. I have tried renaming spupdsvc.exe, but that did not solve the problem. It is an XP Professional Machine with SP2, and if I could fix the problem without updating to SP3 that would be ideal. Following are the wmp11.log and updspapi.log files. [wmp11.log] 0.120: 2010/06/24 10:55:25.787 (local) 0.120: c:\3d75f72a135b08c2fda0e9328ba9\update\update.exe (version 6.2.29.0) 0.130: Hotfix started with following command line: /quiet /norestart /er 0.701: In Function TestVolatileFlag, line 11873, RegOpenKeyEx failed with error 0x2 0.7...

How to navigate to a password protected network folder
Hello all, I have a folder stored on my work VPN. In Windows Explorer, after connecting to the VPN, I can navigate to the folder by typing its address in the address bar. Windows then asks me for some logon credentials and I can navigate the folder. Trying to use PowerShell to navigate to the same folder brings up an "Access Denied" message. I was wondering if there was any way to enter my user credentials so that PowerShell can navigate the location? Thanks --Amr I assume that you talk about network share. In this case you need to use NET USE command: net u...

Password Recovery Tool ? ? ?
Hi All Ive got a Workbook that I need to recover the password for the Sheet Protection....Any Suggestion on the Best password recovery tool to use, would be greatly appreciated ! ! ! Thanks Dodge Dodge, Make the sheet you want to remove the protection from the active sheet and then run this subroutine. It will "come" back with teh message that an password is found. Click OK and the protection from the sheet will be removed. Sub PasswordBreaker_Sheet() 'Author unknown 'Breaks worksheet password protection. Dim i As Integer, j As Integer, k As Integer ...

Exchange/Outlook security problems Password What??
Hello everyone, I hope one of you Exchange/Outlook users out there can help solve this problem. This has all started out by needing to turn off the "Something's looking at your email addresses" nag box in Outlook 2003, in order to get a macro written in Outlook 2003 to work properly. According to what I have read and hopefully understood from Microsoft's support documents ("Customizing the Outlook Security Features Administrative Package" is that these nag boxes can be bypassed with the Outlook Security Features Administrative Package. I have set up a form ...

How do I get rid of the box called "enter Network Password'?
each time I open Outlook, the Enter Network Passwork box pops up and will not go away. I do not know my password to get rid of the box. I have typed all of the passwords I can think of but no success. What do I need to Do? I can not use outlook with the box popping up every 1/2 second. Make sure you have the right passsword? -- Bill Rodgers MVP "Beckiboo" <Beckiboo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:770EB7F5-697F-45E3-BB7F-B74F3E5ACD20@microsoft.com... > each time I open Outlook, the Enter Network Passwork box pops up and will > not > go away. I...

Need Help: outlook 2003 always starts ignoring password
when I start outlook 2003, it always bypass the password I set for PST file. I checked the setting, and am very sure I do not tick the option "save this password in your password list"? Any help is appreciated. Dear, Have you try to recreate a different password - just for a try -- (Please respond to this question Was this post helpful to you?) Hope this helps you more Regards APK "John Kerry" wrote: > when I start outlook 2003, it always bypass the password I set for PST file. > I checked the setting, and am very sure I do not tick the option "save ...

Backup #11
I use Microsoft Money 2004 (Uk version) on a Dektop. I backup manually to a USB Memory stick fairly regularly and also use the stick to update the Microsoft Money that I have running on a Laptop. I would like to backup to the memory stick automatically but although I have ticked the box to select to "Back up automatically to Floppy Disc" and have then selected "Removable Disk - E". which works when I do a manual backup (the memory stick is "removable disk E"), it does not backup automatically - what am I doing wrong ? ...

encrypting a password!
Hi All, Can someone point me on how to encrypt and decrypt a password using vc++1.52? Is it possible to call a com object from vc++ 1.52? If so, how can I do it? Is there a link you can point me to? Thanks. .... VC++ 1.52???? -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com "Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do" Isaac Asimov <dbcuser@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1125519905.446448.38890@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > Can someone point me on how to encrypt and decrypt a password using > vc...

Public Folder #11
Hello All I have 2 s2k3ent with exch2k3. I need to move or copy the Calendar and contact folders from old exchange server to my new exchange server. How can I do this? TFAH!!! -- TC So you need to re-home public folders? First you need to add a replica of the Public folder to the new server. Once it has fully replicated, then you can re-home it to the new server and remove the replica from the original server if you want. This of course assumes that both Exchange servers are part of the same Org. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Password Policies
Is there an administrative way to enforce password policies within Great Plains 8.0? I'm thinking of rules that require users to change their password every 90 days and use alpha and numeric characters etc... I haven't run accross anything. Thanks. Kevin Check with Winthrop Development (www.winthropdc.com) on their Omni Password product. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Kevin R" wrote: > Is there an administrative way to enforce password policies within Great > Plains 8.0? I'm thinking of rules that require users to change their > password every 90 day...

Enforce password change
How do you turn off the Enforce Password Change feature? That is set on the user. Choose tools-setup-system-user. You will see a checkbox for enforcing the password change. This is assuming version 9.0 Great Plains with SQL 2005 and Windows 2003. "Elaine" wrote: > How do you turn off the Enforce Password Change feature? ...

outlook 2003 keeps asking for network password
The following comes up: Task 'my email address'Sending reported error (0x800CCC92) your email server rejected your login. verify your user name and password in your account properties. After checking all of this everything is ok, but I cannot send or receive any mail. Is the solution to change my password? How did this happen? Thank You, Phil Rybarczyk Hi, Are you able to logon to your account using the Web mail. If not, it means that your password isnot correct. Anyways, it would be better to contact your ISP and then get things cleared. Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sud...

Password Protecting Excel Sheet
Hi, Is it possible to create a password in order to get in to an excel file. When a user clicks on this file, they would be prompted for a password. I know how to password protect things once in the file, but I also want to lock anyone out who does not have a password. Thanks, Chuck Chuck, File/SaveAs In the upper right of the dialog box..... Tools/General Options. John "ChuckW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d4101c3db78$a3a1e340$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is it possible to create a password in order to get in to > an ex...

pivot table #11
How can i create pivot table? Try this nice intro by Debra at Jon's site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm More pivot links are provided at: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotlinks.htm -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Harjinder S. Purewal" <HarjinderSPurewal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C50D13F7-390A-47CB-AE85-87470C28C74D@microsoft.com... > How can i create pivot table? ...

An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney. The source FAQ was last updated Saturday, January 24, 2004, though the web version may not have this version posted immediately. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. The unofficial FAQ answers 119 of the most frequently asked questions in this newsgroup. Likewise, a comprehensive archive of this newsgroup is available at http://groups.google.com. Click on Advanced Groups Search; there y...

Remember Password for Internet Calendar
My wife and I each publish our calendars to the internet using Office Online. Now when I open Outlook, it wants my password for the intenet calendar. Even though I check the box to "Remember my Password", it doesn't remember it. How can I get Office Online to remember my password? We are both using Office 2007. Thanks, Paul ...

password for workbook
Hello, How can i set the workbook so that when opened, a dialogu appears asking for password to open up the workbook before being abl to read or Read/write anything.... Thanks a lot From Joh -- Neo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3032 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53146 One simple way, although the password input is not masked '----------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Workbook_Open() '...

Windows 7
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0035_01CA7DDF.2A560560 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I got my new HP Pavillion Elite e9270f Desktop computer installed with = Windows XP Mode running under Windows 7 Ultimate. I had a computer = consulting service copy over all of the data from my old computer to my = new computer using special tools and equipment. This process copied all = of my Outlook Express e-mail, but none of the configuration settings for = Outlook Express in the old W...

Enter Network Password dialog box
Since we upgraded to Office 2000, I receive the "Enter Network Password" dialog box every time email is received. The server, user name, and password are all filled in. I have the option to OK or Cancel. Selecting either will close the dialog box and bring up the Microsoft Outlook new mail has arrived notification. How can I get the "Enter Network Password" dialog box to go away? If numerous emails come in, the dialog box pops up for each one. Chris Bauer ...

OWA Password
I create a user on AD with the change password on first=20 logon. When i try to enter OWA, it won=B4t let me. If i=20 change the properties of the user on AD to password never=20 expires then OWA will work. What is wrong? Also i did all microsoft say to make the change password=20 button appear on OWA, but if i click on it, i only get i=20 page not found. Thanks Rulo, 1. When you try to login to OWA using the account you created in AD (which has been configured to change password on next logon), what error do you get? Have you seen : http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-...

WMP 11 won't play CD's without a loud choppy sound with the audio
Hello, On a new install of XP SP3 I added WMP 11. Soundcard is an old Soundblaster Audigy but always ran fine in my old machine. When I try to play any CD I can hear the audio in the background but a loud chopping type noise over rides it. I have never added any codecs of any kind, it's my understanding you get the correct ones with the player. I have 2 DVD drives and the result is the same in either drive. However Winamp will play the same CD just fine. Thoughts anyone? Also I notice that Nero Showtime locks up and won't run at all I am wondering if there i...

unable to open password protected PST file...
I have password protected a private PST file. When I open Outlook 2002 and click on the PST file - it asks for my password. If I just click cancel there - I see no way to open that file again unless I quit Outlook and come back in. When I click on the PST file, I would have thought it would have asked for the password again, but it gives a different error and no where can you specify the password... Any ideas? Thanks, Brad Can you clarify why you are clicking on Cancel the first time Outlook prompts for your password? Normally, one would just enter the pw at the prompt and your'...