Password protect send button

Work in an environment similar to the CarreerBuilder commercial with
the monkeys.  Everyone thinks it's sooooooooooooooooooo funny
to send Outlook emails from my computer when I'm not at my computer.
Is there a way to in VBA to require a password before emails
are sent ?

Why can't you lock your PC when you're away from it? That's what I would
advise. Leaving it unlocked invites just such activity as you've described
and rightly so. You are ultimately responsible for all emails sent and
received at work, if you leave Outlook unsecured how is it you would prove
that you didn't send an embarrassing or inappropriate email?

--
Kathleen Orland
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"Jumbo Shrimps, Jr." wrote:

> Work in an environment similar to the CarreerBuilder commercial with
> the monkeys.  Everyone thinks it's sooooooooooooooooooo funny
> to send Outlook emails from my computer when I'm not at my computer.
> Is there a way to in VBA to require a password before emails
> are sent ?

0
KOrland1 (1012)

Receiving but can't send
Using outlook to receive and send emails have bellsouth and private domain both sending thru same server there are messages being sent out that dont appear in outbox when I do test, get the message back from test but cant send regular email have reloaded software Any Ideas RR Sorry I do not follow you. If you are sending out a message then it will = not show in the Outbox but it will be in the Sent folder. Also are there any error messages that are shown. If any can you post it = here The most important is to describe your issue in detail including Outlook = version and Windows ve...

OWA Password
I create a user on AD with the change password on first=20 logon. When i try to enter OWA, it won=B4t let me. If i=20 change the properties of the user on AD to password never=20 expires then OWA will work. What is wrong? Also i did all microsoft say to make the change password=20 button appear on OWA, but if i click on it, i only get i=20 page not found. Thanks Rulo, 1. When you try to login to OWA using the account you created in AD (which has been configured to change password on next logon), what error do you get? Have you seen : http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-...

ActiveX Property Page OK button
I would like to know how can I trap ActiveX Property Page OK button event ? I want to do some checking of property controls before user clicks on activex property page OK button..please help. Thanx Ashish ...

Option Buttons Group Box
I am constructing a questionaire with responses from 1 - 5. After using the "group box" tool to group the option buttons for a response to the second question, the response from the first set is eliminated. How do I keep the responses seperate for each set of questions? Also, how do I make the border for the group box disappear? First, did you use the optionbuttons from the Forms toolbar--not the controltoolbox toolbar? (it sounds like you may have mixed and matched your controls.) If you did use optionbuttons from the control toolbox toolbar, you can "group" them b...

unable to open password protected PST file...
I have password protected a private PST file. When I open Outlook 2002 and click on the PST file - it asks for my password. If I just click cancel there - I see no way to open that file again unless I quit Outlook and come back in. When I click on the PST file, I would have thought it would have asked for the password again, but it gives a different error and no where can you specify the password... Any ideas? Thanks, Brad Can you clarify why you are clicking on Cancel the first time Outlook prompts for your password? Normally, one would just enter the pw at the prompt and your'...

Cannot send or receive in Outlook Express
Hi there Anyone have the problem where they cannot send or receive email in Express? I have tried everything. All set up in Accounts/Properties etc. but still no luck. thanks Elaine Elaine <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Anyone have the problem where they cannot send or receive > email in Express? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Test for attachment when sending email
Am I missing a setting somewhere so that Outlook checks to see if I have an attachment in any email with the word "attach", "attached", "attachment" when I hit SEND? (Outlook 2007) Not a setting, no, but there is an add-in that can do it. http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/oltools.html -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Bryn" <Bryn@discussions...

Hooks & sending data to the Pole Display
Hello, I am trying to send my own text during a transaction to the pole display. I have everything in place and outside of RMS I can send stuff to the pole display out the COM port, but when the hook is running during RMS POS I can not my dll to talk out to the pole display. Is there any tricks to this that anyone has found? thanks, Nick ClothingStore wrote: > Hello, > I am trying to send my own text during a transaction to the pole display. > I have everything in place and outside of RMS I can send stuff to the pole > display out the COM port, but when the hook is running...

when sending e-mail using word says interface not recgonised!!
when sending new e-mails using word as editor. on sending e-mail get error message saying interface not recgonised can any one help as i'm a new outlook user. Your Word version must match your Outlook version or you cannot use Word as editor. You can't use Word 2000 or XP with Outlook 2003. "matt clarke" wrote: > when sending new e-mails using word as editor. on sending e-mail get error > message saying interface not recgonised can any one help as i'm a new outlook > user. matt clarke <mattclarke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > when sendi...

Getting 'unspecified error' sending email with embedded image?
I'm using an email newsletter template in Word, and including image files. I cut and paste the final word version into Outlook, and send. When I format the images to appear in front of the text, and try to send as an email, I get a message 'unspecified error' and the email won't send. If I format the images behind the text, the email can be sent, but the images do not appear in the received email. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot, Judy ...

Virus sending messages?
When I do a "Send/Receive", often it says that it is sending messages. None of these messages show up in the "Send Items" folder and I obviously had not composed any messages to send. I am running WinXP and Outlook 2002 (part of Office XP). I am up to date with the Windows Updates, and I am running Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition with the latest virus definitions. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks. You may be sending read receipts - they won't show up in the Outbox. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with...

Macro Assigned to Tool Bar Button
How can I tell what Macro is assigned to a tool bar button? Thanks Right-Click the Toolbar and select Customize. Then Right-Click the button and select Assign Macro... "C" <C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7ADB30E4-7ADD-43B8-8696-53C97C9D4100@microsoft.com... > How can I tell what Macro is assigned to a tool bar button? > > Thanks Thanks Jim. That was fairly simple. "Jim Spiller" wrote: > Right-Click the Toolbar and select Customize. Then Right-Click the button > and select Assign Macro... > >...

Set up sending same message everyday
I need help on how to set my outlook to send a message to the same group everyday Thanks DK ...

Protecting Sheets
Im trying to find a way to protect some data in some spreadsheets that we have in our company. I know you can password protect the sheet/book, but I also know that there is a crack for these passwords on the net. Also, waht we are concerned about is staff leaving & taking the data with them. While they are at the company they will need access to password so I need to come up with another way of hiding the data. What I've been looking into is some code that runs when the book is opened that uh-hides sheets with data on that are hidden by default. What I do is check the system of the...

Sending publisher to professional printers
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with two concerns I have about sending a file to professional printers. The item I am trying to print is a A6 sized postcard. 1. I have a problem with my desktop printer when I test print the card as it chops of the bottom cm or so. However, I have set up the file with the exact shape the printers require (A6 size with a 3mm bleed in every direction). The file appears OK on the screen, and I assume that that is how a professional printer will make it look. Am I correct in thinking this? 2. A bigger issue is the file type. I ...

password problem
I recently switched to MSN. After setting up Outlook Express using netnews.msn.com and msnnews.msn.com as NNTP server, I am unable to "logon". My username or password is not excepted. I tried using my MSN logon username and password. How do I find or setup username and password. THANKS. ...

Option Button
I've got 5 questions set up in a form in Excel where I want to use the Option Button from the Forms menu. So I set up 5 separate groups so the buttons would behave independently within the groups. However, how do I get rid of the border and the text "Group XX"? I think you'll have to use a bit of VBA. Option Explicit Sub testme() ActiveSheet.GroupBoxes.Visible = False End Sub Change it to True to see them again--nicer for developing. == If you don't use macros, you can select your sheet, then hit alt-F11 (to get to the VBE) then hit ctrl-G (to see the immed...

Unable to send mobile text (SMS)
I just upgraded (forced) to WLM 2009. From what I've seen it's not bad but I do miss using version 8.5. Anyway, when I select a contact under Mobile, the contact box opens up but when I move the cursor to the dialog box to start typing, it won't let me type anything. If I go to my laptop which is using WinXP and WLM 8.5, everything works. I checked and all my contacts have their cell numbers. Any suggestions?? I take it no one else is seeing this problem? I just installed W7 and WLM 2009 on my laptop and it works fine. I would hate to do another clean install just to get...

Sending data to Access DB from Excel
I am still a n00b to using access with Excel so I need some help here. I want to have like a system where users can sign up via th spreadsheet. They fill in 5 different pieces of information then clic the submit button. This then sends it to the Access database to a tabl called Members Table. Can someone guide me in doing this please? Thanks very much -- tatl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tatla's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=682 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31974...

Rule to forward email after user SENDS email
One of my users wants to forward all emails sent by her to another address. Rule wizard doesn't seem to have a situation that applies. The option to add a "CC" to the email isn't workable, as the receiver sees that address in the "CC" box. Forward (or BCC should work) is what I need...suggestions???? Thanks! Bob You can use a third party tool for this; http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Always-BCC.asp?Source=RS If you decide to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office rela...

How to navigate to a password protected network folder
Hello all, I have a folder stored on my work VPN. In Windows Explorer, after connecting to the VPN, I can navigate to the folder by typing its address in the address bar. Windows then asks me for some logon credentials and I can navigate the folder. Trying to use PowerShell to navigate to the same folder brings up an "Access Denied" message. I was wondering if there was any way to enter my user credentials so that PowerShell can navigate the location? Thanks --Amr I assume that you talk about network share. In this case you need to use NET USE command: net u...

Cannot Send Email to certain addresses, TCP Reset Issue?
I'm been trying to send email to an email address at voxmedica, when I send the message I get: REMOVED@voxmedica.com on 3/6/2006 10:14 AM The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason. Check the address and try again. If it still fails, contact your system administrator. < mailgate.voxmedica.com #5.0.0 X-Kleg-Moore-Mail-Daemon; host 10.10.1.93[10.10.1.93] said: 554 5.1.0 Sender Denied (in reply to MAIL FROM command)> The address is valid. I called up their IS department and was told that my exchange server is ...

corrupt attachments when sending email with Outlook 2003
I am running Office PRO XP Outlook 2003. When I send an attachment .pdf or .ppt the files are being corrupted. I have tryied this on three different systems and get the same result. I have worked with my ISP and have used the WEB based mail system to send attachments and it works fine. I can receive attachments using Outlook 2003 with no problem. I have been trying to solve this issue for several weeks with no luck. There must be somehing within Outlook 2003 that is messing with the attachment when it is being sent. THe only common thread is that I purchased a 5 user license from Mic...

Delay sending messages
Hello, We have a new Small Business 2003 server running Exchange 2003. Everything seems to be working smoothly since loading the server 4 weeks ago. However, we are getting a large delay in sending messages. If a user sends an email I can go to the Queue on the server and see the message sitting there for 2 minutes or more. Is there a way to setup Excahnge to send the emails immediately. Someone told me it may have to do with relaying and someone trying to use our server as a relay server. Microsoft has indicated that this feature is off by default but the requests to use the server ...

Second server added, send recieve problems
Hi all We are in he process of moving mailboxes to a newly installed machine on site. Both machine run 2003/SP1. We moved one mailbox from server A to server B, but the user cannot receive or send e-mail. All users on the original server can send and receive without any problem. What are we missing? -- Stokes What happens when user tries receive or send? la02 wrote: > Hi all > > We are in he process of moving mailboxes to a newly installed machine on > site. Both machine run 2003/SP1. We moved one mailbox from server A to > server B, but the user cannot receive or send...