Password not working

HI,

I have been using my default folder set with a password for many years.  Of
late, i realised that I am not being asked for the password even when I
restart the system.  When I reset the password, my old password is being
required for that.  But again when I open Outlook, I am not being asked for
the password.

What could be the problem be?  I recently installed YahooPop to have POP
access to my Yahoo account.  Could that be a possible reason for this?

Thanks for any help.

Regarsd
Ramesh

0
Ramesh

Rules Not Working
We recently switched to a web server email program - and my email now goes to a different folder - not the personal folder inbox and I cannot get my rule to forward e-mails to work - we have office 2007 - What's really confusing is if I test the rule it will show the fwd arrow on the original message and a copy will appear in my sent folder however the receipients do not receive it. I am able to manually fwd the email with no problems. I have a similar problem, however it had been working but I had to remove all my accounts and reinstall them. My MSN account would not downl...

Scheduled tasks dont work but look like they are
Hi All, We are having intermittent problems with Windows Task Scheduler. Two scenarios: 1. Everything will work fine for a few weeks, then suddenly tasks that used to work ok will complete as normal, but task scheduler does not know they are finished, and so the tasks status sits as running.. even though the program and executable have closed and gone away.. this stops future instances of the scheduled task from running. 2. Tasks that are scheduled to run, and have run for weeks without issue, suddenly just stop running. They sit waiting for their scheduled start time, the ...

Outlook 2003 Junk E-Mail Filter Has Stopped Working
The junk e-mail filter was working just fine for a couple of weeks, but now it seems to have pretty much stopped working. It rarely filters anything as junk e-mail now. :( Hi! I have the same problem on one of my computers. Have you found a soultion? I'm using Outlook 2003 with two IMAP-accounts on two computers (Windows XP). Everything worked fine on both machines until a couple of weeks ago, when it stopped to work on one of the computers. It still works on the on the other computer. /Peter >-----Original Message----- >The junk e-mail filter was working just fine for a...

Autocorrect STILL NOT working!
Hi, Yesterday it was suggested that I download service pack 3 to fix the problem I was having with Publisher 2003. My autocorrect is not working nor am I able to apply formatting to text boxes throughout publication without changing each one individually. I restarted my computer as it suggested after downloading the service pack, but nothing seems to have changed. My (c) is still set to use symbol in AutoCorrect options, I have checked box to apply formatting to all text boxes, and no matter what, I am still getting (c) instead of symbol and each textbox is defaulting to Times New R...

Running Access 2003 db in 2007, and a few forms don't work
I have a database that's been updated from at least Access 97 (maybe Access 2, I can't remember anymore) and has been running fine in Access 2003 for years. My client upgraded to Vista with Office 2007. Almost everything in the database works fine, except 3 forms. Each of these forms has a tab control. Two of the forms have subforms on some of the tabs, one doesn't. When I try to open the forms in Access 2007 running on Vista in Virtual PC, I get the error "There isn't enough memory to perform this operation. Close unneeded programs and try the operation again."...

Mail Notification on Welcome Screen is not working
OK, guys, I've scoured the newsgroups, and I've scoured the Knowledge Base, but I can't figure out why the hell my Mail Notification is not showing up on the Welcome Screen. I'm running XP SP1/all updates, Outlook 2003, IE/OE 6. Basically, when I'm at the welcome screen, all I see is my name. It's like the Email notification is turned off.... but it's not. I've played around with all the settings in TweakUI, turning the mail notification on and off, using the Repair option, etc. I've even tried manually deleting all the registry entries under HKEY_CURREN...

Money "forgets" passwords for online account updates
I am using Money Plus Deluxe. Sometimes but not always, when I try to update my account online transactions it forgets a couple of the passwords. This is not always the same account nor does it happen with any pattern I can see. Any fix and does anyone else see this problem? ...

Passwords
Hi, I have a password field in a database. How do I set it so that a user can only type in 7 characters for a password. and if they type more an error message will appear? Please hi, Daz01 wrote: > Hi, I have a password field in a database. How do I set it so that a > user can only type in 7 characters for a password. and if they type > more an error message will appear? You may use the ValidationRule and ValidationText of the field in the table design view. Setting ValidationRule to Len([YourField])>7) will raise an error in your case. mfG --> stefan <-- ...

VB6 formula not working in excel
Hi, I have a few formulas embedded in my vb6 code which calculate and enter the results in the excel sheet. These formulas work for me and everyone at my workplace. But for some reason these formulas have recently stopped working for some of our model users in other countries. I noted that the problem is only with the formulas that are calculating the percentage, the rest of the formulas are working on the sheet. I also wanted to ask, is there a difference in using N/A and N?A in VB6? I should probably ask this question in the VB forum, but if anyone knows, please advise. Thanks, ...

Customize link not working in Reports
Money 2002: Version 10.0 When I open a report (any report) and then choose the Customize... link on the left side, I do not get the Customize Dialog box that I used to see. Money is basically unusable until I hit the ESC (Escape) key. Any ideas? If you are using Money 2005, go into Tools/Reports and see whether you are using Essential or Advanced Reports. My guess is that you need to switch from Essential to Advanced. This is new in Money 2005. "LongTime User" wrote: > Money 2002: Version 10.0 > > When I open a report (any report) and then choose the Customize....

Password Cell Protection
Morning all. I'm seeking to protect specific cells within a given worksheet. I've been reading some of the newer posts on the topic, and see that I'm to first go in, unlock cells that I want accessible, and then once all cells are configured- locked or unlocked state- I go to the Review Tab, select Protect Sheet, choose the options I want users to have access to, and select/enter the desired password- twice. Once I do this, all appears to be as desired, until I try to insert or delete a row-- something I'd specifically allowed for on my unlocked cells/rows. ...

Work around Conditional Formatting
Dear all, There are 2 worksheets (Sheet1, Sheet2) containing similar data in my workbook. I want to underline the text in a cell in Sheet2 if the text in that cell is the same as the cell in the same place in Sheet1. (For example, if Sheet1!A1 = Sheet2!A1, then Sheet2!A1 is underlined.) Can I write a user-defined function to check whether the contents in two cells are equal? Thanks in advance. Best Regards, Andy Chips has lots of stuff on duplicates, see www.cpearson.com -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Andy Chan" <chankhan...

Why does catagorizing "negative" expenses not work
I did catagorize the income as a "negative" expense. That's how I did it on Yahoo! but for some reason the amount in that catagory still is the same as it was before I catagorized the income as an expense. I have a bank service charge of $18 and then I get a $18 credit from the bank. But even though I catagorized the credit under the same expense catagory I still have $18 show up for bank service charges in my spending by catagory pie chart. In microsoft.public.money, BJT wrote: >I did catagorize the income as a "negative" expense. That's how I did it ...

How do I get Front Page 2003 to work with Windows7
I have been using FrontPage 2003 to update our website. Last month I updated my computer to Windows7 and Office 2007. Several days later I try to log on to Front page and receive the following message : " The operating system is not presently configured to run this application. Load failed Cannont load MSO.DLL" Has anyone had a similar experience? Or any advice? Change the compatibility to Windows XP. (BTW, if you search this newsgroup, you'll see this issue has been addressed many times._ -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 -----...

FRx Forecaster Allocations do not work
We recently installed FRx Forecaster to use with Great Plains and FRx. After inputting all of our budget data, we had our reseller set up some allocations for us. They do not work. We are trying to take the total expenses of several building cost center (that contain the costs to operate the building) to the cost centers have employees in those buildings. Next we are trying to allocate the total expenses of a few support cost centers (IT, Training) to all cost centers except the support, administration, and building cost centers. Then we are trying to allocate the total expenses of one adm...

Total Minutes Worked Within IVR Timing
Hi, I need to figure out how many total minutes employee worked during the IVR Timing. Each employee works different shift and it can run overnight into next morning where there may be IVR coverage before employee logs out. IVR Timing is same for Saturday/Sunday and same from Monday to Friday. IVR Timing Table; data type is Date/Time but only Time is available because date should be same as the schedule date DayIs IVRStart IVRStop Sunday 10:00:00 AM 6:00:00 PM Monday 9:00:00 AM 9:00:00 PM Tuesday 9:00:00 AM 9:00:00 PM Wednesday 9:00:00 AM 9:00:00 PM Thursday 9:00:00 AM ...

Save file as readonly with password
is there a way for access to export a file to word (.rtf) as a read only file with a built in password to unprotect it? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

formula only works when file is saved.
For some strange reason my formulas do not work until I save the sheet.I am using 2007 with a file that was in 2003. Never had a problem before. It is in compatibility mode. when I enter the data nothing happens in the cell where the result is suppose to go. If I close and save the result shows up. If I open the file back up and take out the data I put in the result is still there, where it should be a zero. Something is screwed up. Multiple people have access to this file. Sorry about the post . I found the problem. Somebody changed calculations to manual "bob" <...

Adding a password to a reminder?
This is a family PC which several of us use. Outlook 2002, XP ProSP2. There have been a couple of occasions when one of us have set a reminder in Calendar, but it has popped up when another user is at the machine. Teenagers being what they are, they don't appreciate the importance to someone else, and its been 'dismissed'. The Mum misses a deadline cos no-one reminded her.... I realise the answer to this lies in our helping one another out - and I'm creasonably confident that will happen - but I wonder if as a failsafe I can prevent an item being dismissed in some way...

Outlook Connector and Passwords
Windows XP 5.1.2600 SP3 Outlook 2003 11.8313.8221 SP3 Outlook Connector 12.0.6423.1000 I have been using OC for our 4 hotmail.com accounts since August and almost every time Outlook is opened OC asks for the passwords and, occasionally, the e-mail address also. Sometimes passwords to all the accounts have to be entered, at other times just two or three. Once the passwords are entered, send/receive works normally unless Outlook is closed and later re-opened. The passwords have been saved and the remember password tick box checked. Repairing the connector as advised does not so...

Database will not work on another pc?
I have a database (with some VBA modules) that I gave to someone else to look at. The databse works fine on my pc and I have installed in on three other boxes and they all worked fine. His pc, for some reason, first give a "Compile error" when he starts to run the application. I think asked him to look at the module (to see if I could help him debug) and he gets a message that says the module is locked? Plus under tools the references is grayed out? Anyone have any ideas whay this would happen on a certain pc? All of the pc's are running XP. It is a 2003 database running ...

XP account password lost
Hi my wife has managed to forget her password on her PC, she uses a password to keep the kids out but has now managed to keep her self out. Is there a way she can get the password back or override it and make a new one? Gerald "Gerald Bramwell" <newsgroups@animals-in-distress.net> wrote in message news:uXscL3vaKHA.6028@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi my wife has managed to forget her password on her PC, she uses a > password to keep the kids out but has now managed to keep her self out. Is > there a way she can get the password back or override it and ...

Forgotten Password #4
I need to gain access to my Money 2001 that I have on an old computer but have forgotten the password that I used back then. Is there any way I can find out what my password was? Does anyone know what file the password is kept in and if it's readable? Any help will be appreciated since it's very important that I retrieve some information from that year which I did not carry forward to the more current years. Thank you! You might be able to find a company which provides software to get the password out for you. I know of three, but there are probably others. http://money.mvps.org/faq...

Bulk deletion not working
Hi All, I have deleted some records via CRM UI. But if i query into DB, the records still stay there for almost 1 week already (with deletion statecode = 2). As my understanding, once the job is deleted, there will be a bulk deletion service that will remove this data from DB forever. Any other way to trigger this deletion service? Thx Carrie Hi, To my understanding the deletion should be executed every 24 hours by the Asynchronous Service. Did you check if this service is started? There is another way to trigger the deletion than just to wait 24 hours. You can find it here explaine...

Start Menu shortcut doesn't work
I pinned to start menu on Vista, worked for a while now just won't open Publisher, and I have to go into C:\Program Files to find it to access it Anyone know a way to get the shortcut working again ? On Fri, 9 May 2008 12:41:08 +0100, "Phil K" <philk001@gmail.com> wrote: >I pinned to start menu on Vista, worked for a while now just won't open >Publisher, and I have to go into C:\Program Files to find it to access it >Anyone know a way to get the shortcut working again ? Re-pin it to the start menu from there. Why not put Publisher on the quick launch T...