Password not remembered even though I've followed Microsoft's Registry edit....

Hello

I have outlook 2003 and the password is not being remembered when I
check email. I have followed Microsoft's instructions to edit the
registry and remove the keys from the Protected Storage System
provider but this has not helped. I am at a loss as I can't find any
other information on this.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you
Jawaz

Same thing happened to me. (XP prof + Outlook 2003).
About 3 months ago the MS edit registry worked but the
problem has cropped up again within the past 2 weeks.
Appeared to coinside with the New Yahoo Mail change. Could
it be related

0
anonymous (74722)
6/25/2004 4:59:36 AM
I don't use Yahoo so that's not the reason it's happening to me.
Jawaz

autocalculate doesn't work even with formula .
I have been using the same worksheet for past 1 year. Last week, when I edit the worksheet by input new data into it, I realise that : 1. The "Total" does not add up the sums of 2 cells automatically, even though the "A1 + B1" formulation is still in the cell. 2. I have auto-link sheet 1 cells into sheet 2 in different layout to suit my final output design. But even I paste the cells in the designated area in sheet 1, my final output does not automatically show the new data I have input into sheet 1. Only way to "show in the final output" correctl...

The database is in an unexpected state; Microsoft Access can't open it.
This morning I encountered an unusual and scary problem. While trying to open one of our databases I recieved this error. The database is in an unexpected state; Microsoft Access can't open it. This database has been converted from a prior version of Microsoft Access by using the DAO CompactDatabase method instead of the Convert Database command on the Tools menu (Database Utilities submenu). This has left the database in a partially converted state. If you have a copy of the database in its original format, use the Convert Database command on the Tools menu (Database Utilities submenu) ...

unzipping and even zipping.
For unzipping, I've used PKZip or MSZip or PowerDesk (which includes an unzipper) but my young friend's laptop has none of these. Does XP include an unzipper? I can't find one in Windows Explorer, except references to PowerDesk (a separate enhanced verions of win explorer). Yet I never hear people reminded anymore to get a zip utility, or any reference to what's good or where to get it. The Help has one reference to zipping a folder, but not a file, and no relevant reference to unzipping. Spend some time reading this. And, learn how to Google. http://offi...

Microsoft Icons for Web Use
I have several Office documents I'm linking to on my web site and I'm looking for where I can download the icons for the Office applications. Anyone? Specifically, I need an icon for MS Word and MS Excel. It was much easier to find the Acrobat icon for use. :( Thump If you have Office you already have access to the icons. Select one of the applications in the MS Office folder then Command+I for Get Info. Click the icon in the Get Info window & Command+C to copy it, Paste to wherever. NOTE: As an FYI, as with all corporate logos & trademarks there are copyright restrictio...

Password protect
How do I password protect a shared excel book so that people have read only access but so thta I can have write access? This should work. 1. In your shared workbook, hit F12 to bring up the 'Save As' dialog box. 2. Click Tools>General Options 3. Enter a password to modify the file. 4. Don't share the password. HTH, JP On Jan 8, 11:51=A0am, GeoSte <Geo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I password protect a shared excel book so that people have read onl= y > access but so thta I can have write access? ...

TargetInvocationException in Update Invoice in Microsoft Dynamics
Hi, we get the follow error mssage when we try update the invoice object. But, in the same class, we update the salesorder object with sucess. Obs. Our code is a custom page. Any ideas what this could be caused by? Tks Clau >Crm Exception: Message: , ErrorCode: -2147197184, InnerException: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80045F00): <details></details> at Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CRMInvoiceClass.Update(CUserAuth& Caller, String InvoiceId, String InvoiceXml) [2006-10-10 12:16:47.4] Process: w3wp |Thread: 8708 |Category: Platform |User: d12c7...

Edit the Auto Fill in the To: field
On the Send new message window, is there a way to edit the auto fill list for the To: Field. when i start to type in a name in the To Field the auto fill will provide a list of names to choose from. the one i most use is on the bottom of the list. How do i edit the list to get the one i use most to the top? Do you use the others as well? Editing the list will remove them from the list. If you again use the names, they will be added back to the same position. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-...

Microsoft Exchange/Outlook thoughts
We are currently being forced into Microsoft Exchange and have been using Lotus Notes for the past 8 years. Never a problem with Notes EMail, and now I am forced to look for answers to simple questions. Why doesn't Mail get delivered to my current Email address? Answer : Now way to tell. There aren't any tools to allow me to track this. Reboot and call me later. If the problem still exists I am up the creek... When will you allow applications to be delivered to remote users? Answer: Never or check out .net stuff and if you can figure this out let me know. Lotus has delivered th...

Passwords #2
I want users to have to put in a password when they open outlook. I have selected the check box on the outlook settings to have it prompt for a password. When it prompts for the password it wants to authenticate to the exchange server and not with active directory. Am I forgetting something? You can't authenticate to Exchange - Exchange doesn't have the capability to do so. You may see the Exchange server listed, but rest assured, the authentication is taking place with Active Directory. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Tbaker" <Tbaker@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Intercompany AP Edit List
I entered an Intercompany AP invoice. I distributed as follows: Originating Company AP $300 Originating Company Expense $150 Destination Company Expense $150 When I print the Payables Transaction Edit List, it shows a completely different account for the Destination Company entry. It is an account in my Originating Company that has nothing to do with the invoice or the vendor. But when I post it, the General Ledger posting journal looks good. Can someone please let me know if this is a known flaw in GP 9.0 or have I set something up wrong? Thanks for any help! ...

Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments #2
We have just upgraded to Office 2003 and a lot of attachments do not get sent. We receive this error message instead. This particular attachment is a url. Any advice, Thanks, Jackie You may find this page useful: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, Outlook-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "jackie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:018e01c3aae6$81a637e0$a40128...

Microsoft Dynamics RMS Live Chat on August 7th, 2008
------=_NextPart_0001_74E9EEE0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning, The Microsoft Dynamics RMS team will be hosting the next Live Chat on August 7th, 2008, at 10 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time. Is there a topic that you would like to discuss in depth? Do you want additional insight into a certain area of the software? Have you always wanted to know what to do when you encounter a particular scenario? If so, we'd like to hear from you! Please feel free to post any ideas on this thread, use the link in the Live Chats section of the RMS Using site (h...

PST PAssword Recovery #2
Dear All , How can i recover my PST file password in Outlook 2003. If any 3rd party tool is available please send me the link. Kishore Dear Kishore have a look on this sites: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.asp http://www.lostpassword.com/outlook.htm http://www.mapilab.com/office/password_recovery/ Maybe it helps. -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Synchronisation for Notebooks: Public SyncTool http://www.publicshareware.com "Brinesh Kishore" <bbk.news@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:uNOCy5odHHA.5044@TK2MSFTNGP05.p...

Password Protect a Workbook
I have a workbook that has 5 different worksheets. This workbook is saved everyday with a new date behind the name to reflect the current date data. I need to password protect the entire workbook so that it holds for each time it is saved. How do I do this? When I go to file->saveas- ..Tools-> and assign a password it works for that workbook, but when I resave the workbook with a new name, I have to reset it all. Can I automate this somehow or is there a different way to do what I am trying to do. I only want the password there so admin's can make changes. I want eve...

Ballmer says Microsoft can survive crisis #2
While the technology industry is not immune to the troubles facing the U.S economy, it is positioned to weather a downturn, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said in a talk last week in Santa Clara. "As I travel and talk to people in the industry, I would say given the current circumstances, people still see a certain buoyancy in the market," he said. Ballmer said the industry is global, shielding it in part from the crisis in the United States. In addition, he said, the consumer side of the market has been less hard hit than the business side. Ballmer spoke at the Churchill Club'...

opening an old 1992 Word document, registry error
I tried to open a document created in 1992 but instead of opening I get a message that tells me I cannot because my registry doesn't allow it -- wrb See “Information about certain file types that are blocked after you install Office 2003 Service Pack 3” at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=938810 -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Seabee74" <Seabee74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6ADC0871-2FB3-4880-9525-5EFE3C3AD3C5@microsoft.com... >I tried to open a document...

Newbie Registry question.
I'm using MFC and i want to save data to the registry just before my application shuts down. What is the best way of doing that? I do not seem to be able to find a registry class in MFC. Can anyone help? I would welcome any code example assuming the data is an ip address written from an edit box. Thanks in advance JB look at the functions: CWinApp::WriteProfileInt CWinApp::WriteProfileString and the variable: CWinApp::m_pszRegistryKey in the help, that should get you going. "bredal Jensen" <bred.jen@mimosa.com> wrote in message news:OzwA2$teEHA.3028@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx...

where is Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.dll ?
i need to use api's from the above dll (that what was written in the sdk) and i can't find it , not in the wwwroot\bin directory in my server (after installing crm) and not in the installation cd. i need this dll to create,update (and more) 'customer address' object. did someone used this dll or created this object ? thanx. lena. I just scanned my CRM 1.2 Server cd and it is in the directory e:\server\bin "lena" <yellenap@ladpc.co.il> wrote in message news:9142189d.0402010208.47f86537@posting.google.com... > i need to use api's from the above dll (tha...

Outlook remembers old Exchange addresses
Hi, We just changed our Exchange box with a move from 2003-2007. However, when we try to send email from outlook, it remembers the old names! Any way to change that? Thanks Hi ecb, what do you mean with "remember"? Maybe you mean the autocomplete function? http://www.ingressor.com/autocompletetips.htm Maybe it helps. -- Oliver Vukovics Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Synchronisation for Outlook and Exchange: Public SyncTool http://www.publicshareware.com "ecb" <e.bellamy@fast247.biz> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1183457563.08...

password protect personal folders in Outlook xp
How to password protect personal folders in Outlook xp "Dolly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08b801c3b326$6312ee20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How to password protect personal folders in Outlook xp "Dolly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08b801c3b326$6312ee20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How to password protect personal folders in Outlook xp Right-Click on Outlook Today shortcut, choose Properties, go to Advanced and click on Change Password. Obviously the Old password will be blank! HTH >Right-Click...

Editing the Activity View
Bill Bither below posted a way to edit the Associated Activity view which works very nicely. However, editing this veiw does not change the main Act view (the ones that show in workplace in the web client and the activities folder in SFO) Im wondering if a direct link to the proper form will also allow editing of that view as well? and if so what the proper guid is to access that view? Thanks in advance and thanks Bill for the nice tip. Robert not seen a link to this one. "Robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42e101c42b8f$585bdeb0$a4...

Urgent! Outlook keep promt for password
Hi, I am migrating SBS 2003 to 2008. I am at the step to move the mailboxes, just of sudden, Outlook pops up a window for user name and password. I entered right user name and PW, it doesn't take it. I log off computer and I am able to log in back with the same UN/PW, it's just Outlook keep prompting. On the SBS 2003 server, I got message "one or more domain controllers do not meet the licenses requirements. " Does the license do something with this? The SBS 2008 OEM have 5 cals, I purchased additional 25 CALs. How to add the additional 25 cals to the SBS 20...

network password in outlook
I need help because I do not know why I am being asked for a network password when I open outlook(version that comes in office XP) and try to send and receive email. I have put in the username and password and server name that should be correct. But I do not have a network that I am connected to and until today, I have never been asked for this network password. Do you think that it is related to internet security in some way? If so, what can I do. thanks so much for your much needed help Ben, I'm having the same problem everytime I Sync my iPAQ PDA. Did you ever get a fix for y...

Outlook 2007 Keeps Crashing
Outlook 2007 keeps crashing and giving me the error message: Microsoft Outlook Stopped Working Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE Application Version: 12.0.6514.5000 Application Timestamp: 4a89dc70 Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385 Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdadb Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 0002fc47 OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: LCID: 1033 Brand: Office12Crash skulcid: 1033 Will Outlook run i...

Conversion asks for password
I have an Access 97 .mdb file that works perfectly with an application. I converted the Access 97 file to the latest Access 2003 SP2 version. Why - because Access will not allow me to work on the DB within Access unless I convert it. This is stupid! I just used tools and did a conversion. This went OK. Then I tried to use the converted .mdb file with the same application and I get a popup window that asked for a password. What password? I tried my Window Logon password - it failed. No password was ever involved before. If you converted the database you should still have the old 97 datab...