password incorrect

when trying to import/export a pst folder I am prompted for the password. I
keep getting told the password is incorrect. I changed the p/word and this
was accepted but again I get same message. When I cancel I get told that
properties need to be defined.
was working ok

0
adam3189 (4)

what you could try is right click on the pst file.. go to properties.. see
if read only is uncheckd.. which it should be....
however unfortunately if this doesnt work.... that's it.. someone must have
set a password for your pst file sometime earlier..!!
"Adam" <adam@raw101.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> when trying to import/export a pst folder I am prompted for the password.
> keep getting told the password is incorrect. I changed the p/word and this
> was accepted but again I get same message. When I cancel I get told that
> properties need to be defined.
> was working ok

0
amos_mce (17)

Outlook & Domain passwords out of sync
I can log into the domain with my password, but then cannot log into Exchange 2002 as it asks me to change my password. When I then load the current domain password it tells me it is invalid and cannot be changed. If I logon using another username and then setup another profile in Outlook it lets me in without any problems. So there seems to be a sync'ing issue between the Exchange password and my domain password. Does anyone know how to get around this? Is there a master reset I can do in the ADS User manager? The regular one doesn't do anything to help. Thanks If you...

VBA Password Workaround
Hi, Is there any free software that will either remove or extract the excel VBA password in a workbook. I have tried a Hex editor but keep getting different string lengths for the comparison strings between the password protected VBA code and the overlay workbook. Thx Check out the below link http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "Wet Pimple" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there any free software that will either remove or extract the excel VBA > password in a workbook. > ...

money password #6
I have using Microsoft Monay on one of my computers and I want to transfer the money file to an other computer and it is asking me for a password alltough I do not have a password for this file. Can you help me? Joco In microsoft.public.money, Joco wrote: >I have using Microsoft Monay on one of my computers and I >want to transfer the money file to an other computer and >it is asking me for a password alltough I do not have a >password for this file. See http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#Q152 Maybe. This message is also emitted if the file Money is trying to open was create...

password in microsoft money
I keep a second copy of my microsoft money 2005 file on my personal drive here at work, but I was wondering how robust and easily defeated this is?? I want to make sure it keeps prying eyes out of my stuff.I use a standard password not a .net password. Are there ways or cracks to defeat it?? In microsoft.public.money, FredGomez wrote: >I keep a second copy of my microsoft money 2005 file on my personal >drive here at work, but I was wondering how robust and easily defeated >this is?? I want to make sure it keeps prying eyes out of my stuff.I >use a standard password not a .net p...

How to encrypt the password on EXCEL BOX?
Hi Thanks all of you who assist me for my problem. With regards to the Password, how should we encrypt the password on th input box on EXCLEL, so no one can see our password? Currently when I gave the password on message box on Excel, it is no in encrypted form. What piece of code I add in the following routine in order t encrypt/hide the password on runtime on EXCEL? Regards Jumma Sub password () Dim Pword Pword = InputBox("Type in your password") If Pword <> "Proda" Then MsgBox "Sorry, incorrect password" End Exit Sub Else My code�� End if End...

forgot the !#@$ password
I've protected a work sheet and now want to unprotect. In my hurry to finish the project, I didn't write down the password. Does anyone know how to reset the file to be unprotected? I'm in a jam and have a critical deadline coming up. Thanks! ...

User name and password #2
I cannot send mail. It keeps posting the user name and password box of which all data entered is correct. I re-enter it and hit send and the box pops up again. It was working ok and nothing has been changed since. Are you on an exchange server or part of a domain? Are you using Exchange server or are you part of a domain? ...

Password protect a document or folder
How can I set up a password to limit access to a document or folder in Excel (or Word, etc.) I am running Windows XP Home. It was easy to do in Win98, but can't seem to figure it out in XP. Bill Any Excel or Word file can be given "password to open" attributes using(XL 2002) File>Save As>Tools>General Options. Folders are more complex and require Windows XP settings. The folder needs to be under your local profile, and you need to be using NTFS to prevent access to others. Read: HOW TO: Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions [Q308418] http://sup...

Outlook 2003 & pop3 passwords
My Outlook 2003 will not retain the passwords for my Pop3 email accounts. Every time I click on Send/Receive, I have to enter in 3 passwords for 3 different accounts. Any idea what could be wrong? Thanks for any help :) Bob ...

inserting data into password protected excel file
How do we insert data into an excel file that is password protected using ODBC connectivity. I am getting an error whenever I am tryin to insert date into the password protected excel files. Its saying cannot decrypt the file. How do I solve this issue?? ...

Outlook 2003 password
Hi ! Can I set up Outlook 2003 to ask me for a password when I open the program ??? Thanks for your help ! Marcus Sure - just set a password on the outlook.pst. Open Outlook, then click on OUtlook Today. Select options, then advanced. Set your password using the password option. Remember that if you leave your computer, you will need to either shut down Outlook or use a password protected screensaver to ensure the best security available at the desktop without third party utilities. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to...

Changing exchange 2k3 administrator password
Greetings- My company really needs to change the exchange 2k3 admin password for security reasons (old employees possess that password). It needs to be done but I am apprehensive. I am afraid to change it because I am worried that it might affect services. I don't want to bring our mail system down. Are my fears appropriate or will it not affect mail services? Thanks for any input. There is no E2003 System Administrator account per se in E2003 as it was in Exch 5.5, Exchange 200x runs under the local system account, so unless you have done something screwy or are in mixed mode , there sho...

Applied payment incorrectly in Receivables
I have a customer invoice for $500 and a customer debit memo for $100. I created a credit memo for $100 and applied it to the customer invoice by mistake instead of the debit memo. The invoice and debit memo are still open but the credit memo is in history. Can I make the credit memo be applied to the debit memo in the backend and have the invoice show its full amount as open. Please let me know the sql script for this. Jack ...

Password errors when reinstalling Money 2003
I recently formatted my hard drive and reinstalled all my software. Now, when I try to open my MS Money file, it tells me I'm entering the wrong password. I'm using the same password I've used for years, and there is no way I or anyone else have changed it. I've tried looking for password recovery software, but it seems they all only work on Money 2001 and earlier. I tried opening the backup and get the same error. Has anyone else experienced this? I've never had this problem before, but it happened the first time I tried to use it after reinstalling, so I'...

Controls Lock/UnLock Password To Prompt only when UnLocking
Hi, I've used Allen Browne's Locking bound control codes (http://allenbrowne.com/ser-56.html) to prevent overwriting data accidentally and it works fine. After browsing the newsgroup, I now have this on the onClick event of command button called cmdLock Dim bLock As Boolean If InputBox("Enter password!", "Password Required") <> "password" Then Exit Sub bLock = IIf(Me.cmdLock.Caption = "&Lock", True, False) Me.cmdLock.Caption = IIf(bLock = True, "&UnLock", "&Lock") Call...

Reinstalling Money and password failure
I am reinstalling Money (version 2005) after replacing my hard drive and I cannot get my .NET password to work. I even tried updating my password, but Money will not recognize it. Does anyone have a suggestion. Many thanks, John L There is a big patch that is need to the out of the box version of M2005. Navigate to sample.mny, double click on the file name. This will fire up Money and it should then tell you that there is a patch to be downloaded. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see http://money.mvps.org/ or http://umpmfaq.info/ I do not respond to a...

Outlook 2003
Greetings, I have a set of users that will be accessing our Windows 2003/Exchange 2003 server using Outlook 2003 over RPC on HTTPS. I need to enable them to change their password through the tools>options>other>advanced>custom forms>ChangePassword button. These users/machines will not be part of the domain and the only access they will have is RPC over HTTPS. I have diagnosed that Outlook 2003 will only allow you to change your password this way if you are on a computer that is a member of the same domain as the Exchange server. But if the computer is not a member (using norma...

can a password be set in outlook 2003 to stop other people lookin
can a password be set in outlook 2003 to stop other people looking at your e-mail "Johntelo" <Johntelo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B224B5E8-4F09-442B-B2A9-052FD39F6793@microsoft.com... > can a password be set in outlook 2003 to stop other people looking at your > e-mail You can password-protet your pst file to stop people opening it, but once you have opened it, then people are obviously free to browse. In that case you need to lock your computer before you leave it....(Windows Key + L).... ...

Outlook 2003 shows "Enter network password" every time I hit send/receive
OL 2003 seems to have a bug. I have a pop account which it can't remember the password for, no matter what I do. Have tried giving correct permission in registry, and have re-created the mail profile. Nothing helps. Any ideas? /M I seem to be having the same problem. I haven't tried the procedure MS posted about resetting thre registry. I'm lost also. >-----Original Message----- >OL 2003 seems to have a bug. I have a pop account which it can't remember >the password for, no matter what I do. Have tried giving correct permission >in registry, and have re-c...

cannot save email password
in setting up outlook i can enter the password and save it. however every time i exit outlook and logon again i have to re-enter the password. Any idea ? I'm not sure which version you are running, so I can't give you specifics, but here is the general idea. For instance, in outlook 2003, select tools, email accounts, view or change. Then select your mail account from the pop up and select change. There is an option in your mail account setup to enter your password. Be sure to click the "remember my password" button. It's similar in outlook 98 and outlook ...

how to automate opening a password protected excel file? e.g. a .xls that has a password set in the security tab.
how to automate opening a password protected excel file? e.g. a .xls that has a password set in the security tab. With no checking... Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim Wkbk As Workbook Set Wkbk = Workbooks.Open(Filename:="C:\My Documents\excel\book1.xls", _ Password:="hithere") End Sub The code has to "know" the password. Daniel wrote: > > how to automate opening a password protected excel file? e.g. a .xls that > has a password set in the security tab. -- Dave Peterson ...

Clearing cached password for SFO/Outlook
Might not be the best spot to ask this question, but it definitely has SFO implications. I forced my users to change their password last week, and I now have one user who cannot use SFO and gets the generic "contact your system administrator message". Upon further investigation the call stack referenced WhoAmI(), which led to me to guess that it was a cached password. Changing the user's password back allowed SFO to work - confirming my suspicion. The other sign is that with the old password, Outlook starts without prompting for a password - using the new password, the prompt...

password for data files
I have Outlook 2007 and in this version it asks me for the passwords of my data files when I start the application (that is, 8 data files --> I have to enter 8 passwords). With Outlook 2003 I was asked for the data file passwords only when I tried to use each data folder. So if I used only one of the data files I have to enter only its passwords. Do you know how set up 2007 to behave as 2003? Exclude the other pst-files from being indexed; Tools-> Options-> button Search Options... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http...

"Expression is typed incorrectly or is too complex..."
Hello, I have a form which is linked to a query/report. The general idea is that the user can fill out the form with combo boxes that have been populated with items in a table, to narrow down a search with a piece of equipment that crushes rock. The form has two date boxes (start and end dates), customer box, material box, and location box. Therefore the user can narrow his/her search on many categories. If I double click on the query in the database window view, little boxes come up asking for the values that the query is looking for on the form. If I manually type them in at this point,...

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect
M facing a strange issue ... M trying to start a service using CreateService . Well this service starts properly in XP ( when I install ) but the same exe when I try to install in Vista ,the service doesnt start ,If I try to start the service manually it throws back an error saying "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect" . This this strange behaviour I observe only in when I build the application in Release mode .where as Debug mode works fine both in Vista as well as Xp Any clue ? On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 05:21:20 -0800 (PST), jklio...