Password #9

How can I add a password to my outlook?  I have roommates
who use same computer and don't want to give access to
Outlook, but would like them to still be able to use
windows without changing users.
0
anonymous (74722)

Right click on Outlook Today, select Properties, then advanced.  Set your
password from there and don't forget it.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
reading.

Blake <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked:

| How can I add a password to my outlook?  I have roommates
| who use same computer and don't want to give access to
| Outlook, but would like them to still be able to use
| windows without changing users.

0
MillyS1 (1480)

bcc #9
where do you configure the bcc on outgoing mail? Thanx On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 22:18:46 -0700, "The BigDipper" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >where do you configure the bcc on outgoing mail? Thanx There's nothing to configure. You just add the addresses of people that you want to BCC into the BCC: field instead of the To: or CC: fields. -- Rich Cervenka Chicago, Illinois, USA Email Client: Microsoft Outlook 2002 News Client (Text): Fort� Agent 2.0 www.forteinc.com News Client (Binaries): News Rover 9.2 www.newsrover.com What about if you want an emai...

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

Is there a way I can change a users out of office without changing their password and logging into their mapi profile?
Thanks you can give youself "full mailbox" access and "send as" rights to the mailbox, then logon to it, and change it... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "combfilter" <whore@whore.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1f5f746a2c6752f989693@news.newsreader.com... > Thanks In news:MPG.1f5f746a2c6752f989693@news.newsreader.com, combfilter <whore@whore.com> typed: > Thanks Hi - when you post in these or any newsgrops, best to put a consise summary of your question in the subject line, and the full details in the body of your post. This would include your v...

Unable to change password through OWA
Hi I have Exchange 2000 enterprise server on Windows 2000 advance server. The same server is also having ADS Any of the user in my organization are not able to change password through OWA whenever they click change password they get the page cannot be displayed and error is 500. I have created iisadmpwd virtual folder for that in default web site as required also given log on locally rights to IUSR_servername and IWAM_servername. Still i am facing the same problem. Please Guide Thanks and Regards Kartik Hi Do you have SSL implamented, this is a pre-requirement before you can enabl...

PASSWORD HELP!!
How can I setup a password so nobody else can see into my inbox?? Im running outlook 2000 win98 Thanks :o) -- @---}-- Laura..... :) Liverpool, England "Do you know where you're going to?" Right click on Outlook Today->Properties->Advanced. Set your password there and do not forget it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Laura ( '_' ) asked: | How can I setup a password so nobody els...

Unsafe Attachments #9
I'm sure this must have come up before but I can't find a link. I want to send an URL to someone from within IE6. I use the send a link button and up pops an email with the text of the URL. However the email header contains a warning notice stating "This message has not been sent. Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments: xxxxx.url" This is annoying because if I hand copy the URL from IE6 and paste it into an email. ie do it manually, it gets sent with no problem. I've checked on another PC and there it worked. The difference seems to...

DSN User and password creation
Hi, I have managed to create a DSN programatically using SQLConfigDataSource, but I am not sure how I can specify the user name and password. Is there a way to do this programatically at the time of creation of the DSN? TIA Tony ...

Need program to clear old password
Hi, I've recently taken over a new role and the person who left password protected an excel worksheet. This means I cannot use it. Is there anyway of finding the password? I can copy the sheet onto a new excel spreadsheet but I could do with using the original to save copying all the macro's etc. I understand that there is a program that can rectify this... Does anybody have a copy??? PLEASE! Sincerely, Rod Stubbs Hi Rod http://www.straxx.com/excel/password.html http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?d=endownloadtools No employee can take the password with them whe...

outlook express 6.0 #9
Help me please. I have recently discovered OE 6.0 has removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail, being sent to me at home. I need these attachments for some school work. How do I change this? Thank-you! Terry Post your question in the Outlook Express newsgroup. This is for Office Outlook: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx >-----Original Message----- >Help me please. I have recently discovered OE 6.0 has >removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your >mail, being sent to me at home. I need these attachments &...

Cant change crystal reports admin password
When we try to run the CrystalAdmin.exe tool and change the crystal password we receive the follow error message: 'Unable to change password. Error returned is: Your license key is invalid or has expired. If you received a temporary license key by purchasing another crystal product, you must register Crystal Reports Enterprise to receive your permanent license key.' Most other aspects of CRM are working fine, except this and the fact that we get the infamous 'Crystal Reports Logon Error'. All the Crystal Reports services are running fine including the APS. When attempting t...

forgotton password to open excel sheet
Pl. let me know how to open the work sheet which i have forgotten password and that file is imp. to me so pl. help how it will open again Awaiting for your positive reply at the earliest and oblige. Thanks and regards Deepak Kamat if you do a google search on 'password' you will come up with a reply like this which was posted by Otto Moehrbach a few days ago I have copied it below Barbara Password, Forgot It Age-Old Problem. Go To This Site For Help/Guidance: http://www.elkraft.ntnu.no/~huse/xlpassword.htm These Are Good Too: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/e...

Arrow keys #9
The arrow keys are moving the entire page instead of cell to cell. What have I done? We are using Excel 2002. I have checked Tools, Options, Transition - it is on Excel and not Lotus. Thank you! Tried it out on my computer Get the same when the scroll lock button is on. Regards Bill K "Kim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:231d01c52e53$02a5f100$a401280a@phx.gbl... > The arrow keys are moving the entire page instead of cell > to cell. What have I done? We are using Excel 2002. I > have checked Tools, Options, Transition - it is o...

Outlook Express Password #2
Can anyone help me bypass or reset the password on an Outlook Express profile that has been forgotten? Thanks >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone help me bypass or reset the password on an >Outlook Express profile that has been forgotten? Thanks >. > Go to Google and search for "Snadboys". They have a free piece of software that will quickly break passwords in Microsoft software. That might help. S> ...

Migrating customers from CRM 3.0 to GP 9.0
Since the CRM <-> GP Connector was pulled with no release date in site, what is the procedure for migrating all our existing customers from CRM to Great Plaines? I can't believe we have to re-enter everyone and their contracts. Thanks, John I have been using Scribe software with great success for both Migration and Integration to GP 9.0 from MSCRM 3.0. I know it can be a little pricey but it does not need it's own server like biztalk did. Go to http://www.scribesoft.com for more information. Or you can contact me directly at bmeyer@cargas.com to get more information. -- ...

Password Protection #6
Is there any way to manipulate a password protected sheet without having the actual password? J.E. McGimpsey has a way! http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html stew wrote: > > Is there any way to manipulate a password protected sheet > without having the actual password? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Password remover: http://www.straxx.com/excel/password.html "stew" <day2399@aol.com> wrote in message news:11a3a01c441ce$b63b3b20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to manipulate a password protected sheet > without having the actual pa...

Always asking for password and login
Suddenly Outlook 2002 is asking for username and password for all my alias when it is searching for new mail from my internet provider accounts (not msn). The password is pre-typed, but I have to chech the "Remember password" box and click OK everytime (more than once every 5min). Did clear the Regedt script but it did not help. What to do? Using XP Pro Eng and Outlook 2002 from my home computer, no network, but LAN for Internet access. For all Outlook versions on Windows XP (just ignore the parts that refer to Outlook Express): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid...

Prompt for Network Password when its been saved?
I have down loaded all the service updates and it's still not remembering my password. Any ideas? Thanks in advance Hi, The problem you are experiencing with Outlook not remembering your password is normally due to the Registry containing incorrect information for the Protected Storage System Provider registry subkey for your account. For more information on , please refer to Knowledge Base article OL2000: (IMO) Your Password Is Not Retained in Windows 2000 or Windows XP ID: 259416.KB.EN-US You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/def...

Error -2147024773 when changing passwords in OWA
Hi, Mac clients cant seem to change their Windows password using OWA. The error number -2147024773 appears during the password change process. Can anyone help? Other information: Exchange Server 2003/Windows Server 2003 in mixed mode: with SSL installed and the "Change Password Feature in Outlook Web Access" enabled (KB327134) Macs: OS 9 using IE4.5 and IE5. Windows PCs can change passwords without problem. Intermittently I can change the password on the IE4.5 Mac but most of the time I get the error above. Thanks, Martin Can user's who are using a PC change their domain...

Upgrading from 8-9. The Stored Procedures change?
Hi, We will upgrade Great Plains from version 7-9. We have some interfaces we use some of the GP Stored procedures. I would like to know if there are any change in the Great Plains procedures funcionality. Is there any documentation for that? I am interested on 4: SVC_Create_contract_Audit SVC_New_contract_number SVC_Set_Contract_line_invoice SVC_Cancel_Contract_line They are part of the Contracts module. Please if anybody can help me with some documents or where I can verify any SP change between versions, I will really appreciate!!! I need to do effort estimate.. -- Thank you in advan...

Outlook Error #9
I start geting the below lied error after I updated with microsoft windows update. I have remove Outlook 2000 and re installed but I get the same error.. OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module OUTLLIB.DLL at 0177:3a43a835 Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=0177 EIP=3a43a835 EFLGS=00010246 EBX=00000000 SS=017f ESP=0056f6d4 EBP=0056f714 ECX=00000000 DS=017f ESI=00584b5c FS=1947 EDX=81644c24 ES=017f EDI=bff5582a GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 2b 41 08 89 45 f8 74 57 3b c3 0f 8f b6 ec 41 00 Stack dump: bff5582a 00584b5c 00584cc4 fffffff0 00000003 00000002 00000000 3a85b35b 00000718 00000003 00...

Outlook 2003 multiple Users, Password problems
I've been working with my In-laws to set up the Security on their computer but have hit some issues. (I'm not there; this is all done by phone and they are relative neophytes!) -they have a Dial-Up connection (rural) -new Dell dual processor WinXP SP2 machine -they have 3 Users on the machine with 3 separate desktops -User 1 & 2 share the same email account and use Outlook 2003 -User 3 shares the Internet connection but uses an IMAP Mail server and Online program. -the concern was that User 3 can view all emails and files and make changes to all Desktops from his (I don'...

Updates (e.g. 11.3.9) Cannot Find Proper Version To Update
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I wish Microsoft would release a comprehensive/cumulative update for Office 2004. Having gone from 11.3.5 to 11.3.8 incrementally, the 11.3.9 update cannot "find" the files to update. (Yes, I have deleted the auto-update preferences.) So, I'm stuck at 11.3.8, even though there is 11.3.9, 11.4.0, and 11.4.1 waiting to install. Why do these updates each have to be applied one at a time, sequentially? Other software companies management to have more intelligent updaters. Any solution to getting 11.3.9 to "...

Outlook passwords #2
Hello everyone, I am using Outlook 2003 to check 3 pop accounts and 1 exchange account - everything works fine. For the pop accounts, I can store my passwords. For the exchange account, I need to enter my password once when I start up Outlook - why is that? Is there a way to store the password in Outlook? Thanks for any help, Oliver There could be a couple of reasons this is happening. First, open Outlook and go to Tools -> Email Options -> View or change existin e-mail accounts -> Highlight "Microsoft Exchange Server" -> Click on "Change" On the Exc...

Someone cracked a user id/password on our server. Suggestions?
Hi, For the past few days our Exchange server was sending all sorts of messages all over. We were sure that our server was not an open relay. It turns out that someone had figured out a user id/password combination and were using that to relay messages. The problem is got fixed after we made everyone in the company change their password. The question is how can I stop this from happing in the future? Read http://www.spammarshall.com/SpamMarshallWeb/SMTPIntrusionDetection.jsp Jason Miller wrote: > Hi, > > For the past few days our Exchange server was sending all sorts of messa...

Restore requires a password?
I have Money 2002 and made a backup on a computer that was dying. I have a new computer and tried to restore but it says that I need a password. I never entered a password when I choose to back it up. Any ideas? Jon R. Helms See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=143. This explains this circumstance for a lot of people. "Jon R. Helms" <helmsjr@skipfire.com> wrote in message news:u0tJ5pwWEHA.3720@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I have Money 2002 and made a backup on a computer that was dying. I have a > new computer and tried to restore but it says that I need a password. ...