Palm V transfer of data

Got a new ppc Dell Axim x51v.  Palm V only syncs to palm desktop
software....this is my understanding.  Any way to transfer all my data to
outlook or to get it to the new ppc.
--
thanx bll
0

"b lea" <blea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Got a new ppc Dell Axim x51v.  Palm V only syncs to palm desktop
> software....this is my understanding.  Any way to transfer all my data to
> outlook or to get it to the new ppc.
> --
> thanx bll

There is software but not having a Palm I can't tell you what it is or if it
costs money. Ask in a Palm newsgroup, they will know. I do recall a similar
post in the ppc newsgroups, but its not really the best place to ask about a
different OS. Remember you have the option of checking newsgroup archives
and there's always web searches- I bet that would bring some results.

0
alan8232 (157)

EXCEL tabular data extract
Hi all! Hi have a excel file with the next kind of data: T�TULO MINORISTA NOMBRE XXXXXXXXX CENT./SUC. RRRRRRRR DIRECCI�N TTTTTTTT LOCALIDAD VVVVVVVVVVV PROVINCIA SSSSSSSSSSS C.P. 11111 TEL�FONO 4323543543654364 FAX 435435454543543543 T�TULO MINORISTA NOMBRE XXXXXXXXX CENT./SUC. RRRRRRRR DIRECCI�N TTTTTTTT LOCALIDAD VVVVVVVVVVV PROVINCIA SSSSSSSSSSS C.P. 11111 TEL�FONO 4323543543654364 FAX 435435454543543543 I want to extract all the faxes from that table, bu the problem is that all...

how do i create an office data connection file
i want to call a parameterized data connection. i want to eventually put this in office sharepoint server 2007's data connection library. every time i open the connection file i have successfully created that connects to the db, it want me to pick a table. i can cancel out of that and change it to sql and say to use a procedure, but i can't save this file, and the "Edit Query..." and "Parameters..." buttons are disabled so i can't set parameters. why is it so hard to work with this thing? thanks ...

Pivot Table Source Data
I have an existing Pivot Table that usually updates daily, albeit this relies someone in the office refreshing the data. Anyway we seem to have missed one days data and thought we would be clever and just include the days missing data back into the source data. In effect we are putting the 8th September data between the 7th and the 9th. However no matter what we do the data from the 8th ends up as the last column in the pivot table. Are we missing something really simple here or has my brain turned to mush? thanks for the help in advance. Bryan P.S I also tried creating a dynamic range but ...

How to categorise transfers?
Hi all, I hope one of you experts can help me. I have a liability account for my car loan. I have monthly transfers from my bank account to my car loan account. I want these transactions to be categorised as a car expense so I can report on all car expenses. But I dont see a place to select a category with a transfer transaction. Thanks for any help! A transfer as such doesn't have a category. What does have a category is the payment to the loan company. Effectively a transfer is simply moving money from your left pocket to your right pocket. It is still yours until you take it o...

Stripping Blank Characters form Imported Data
I am trying to verify 2 worksheets full of data. One has been imported from Visual Basic and the other from Business Object. The Business object sheet, brings over the entire field not just the charaters needed. Example: For the city field there are 50 characters available. If you use Nashville, the Business Object brings over 50 characters where the Visual Basic brings over 9. When trying to find descrepancies, this brings back a false positive if the city is the same. Is there a way to manipulate that data when it is sent to Excel? The easiest way to deal with this would be to find...

Data Tables
In Excel 2000, must data tables (Data\Tables...) always be located on the same worksheet tab as the source data? I want to put summary tables into a separate worksheet (tab), but Excel won't let me do that. Steve Looks that way, at least in Excel97 (my ver) But we could always mirror the data tables (or parts thereof) elsewhere (eg: another sheet) via simple link formulas -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Steve D" <sdrenker_(you_know_what_here)_media.sj.nec.com> wrote in message news:ufhMsZfyFHA.3804@TK2MSFTNGP10....

Data Validation problem #5
hi I think that is a different solution entirely - in that example yo gave me it is a simple case of choosing one list and that then sets th range for list 2, however the second set of lists are all individual my requirement is that the validation picks the required items out o just ONE list, whereas in the example you needed to maintain individua lists each of which was dependant on the first selection -- moosife ----------------------------------------------------------------------- moosifer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1590 View this threa...

master list for auto complete data?
Is it possible to have a master list, in my case it's of names, in a workbook that excel will use for auto complete data for that workbook? Thanks Hi Tangy Go to "Tools>Auto Correct Options", select the "Auto Correct" tab and enter the abbreviated items and full names for those items you want Excel to replace. Ensure the relevant boxes are ticked. -- XL2002 Regards William willwest22@yahoo.com "Tangy" <t a n g y@rogers.com> wrote in message news:_OqdnbKPa7IShELcRVn-jQ@rogers.com... | Is it possible to have a master list, in my case it'...

delete data #2
Hello, we have CRM v3 installed in a test evironment. we have added test data for customers, products. we have created oppurtunities to invoices. we would like to delete all of this data. is there a way to do it without uninsalling and reinstalling the software? cheers, Michael. Try to delete via the UI from Advanced Find. For some of the object (Order, Invoices, Quote, etc.), depending on status some of these records cannot be deleted. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.workopia.com/Links.htmTry "Michael P. Lindekugel" wrote:...

Merge data
..Net 2003 C# I get xml from a sql database pull. I put the data into a XMLDomDocument and then the user changes it. I now need to update the database correctly. I need to be able to get the data back correctly including add, change and delete to the original data. When I pull the data from the db, I store a copy in a Dataset. So I end up with a Dataset (original data) and an XML DOM Document with the changed data. I would appreciate knowing how to do this correctly. I understand that the DataSet.Merge does not work for some of this. Is there an example? thank you If you keep the dat...

Formatting number in Data Table
I am using Excel 2007. I have a spreadsheet that the figures can be negative or positve. I have formatted the cells with this custom format $#,##0;[Red]$-#,##0. On the spreadsheet the format works fine. I created a chart from the data. I have a data table at the bottom of the chart. The problem is that the format from the spreadsheet is not reflected in the data table. When I click on Format Data Table, there is no option for number formatting. There is a number formatting option available when i click Format Axis, but this doesn't change it, because the actual axis is Text. Is th...

Copying Data From SQL Into Excel
When I copy a range of data from SQL and paste it into Excel, the data doesn't appear to be available for formulas - in this case a VLOOKUP formula. However, once I click in the formula bar (as if to edit the data) then hit "return" the data is "magically" available for the VLOOKUP formula. It seems to me to be a format problem, but changing the format of the data doesn't help. Could this be related to similar issues when copying data from Access into Excel? Are there any workarounds? It sounds similar to the Access problem. Instead of pasting, you can ...

Data from non-adjacent cells as input for Linest
Hi, I would like to use data as input for Linest that is in the following cells: known y: A1 to A3, A10 to A12 known x: B1 to B3, B10 to B12 I have the feeling that this is almost answered in the following posts, but I do not understand it: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/fe4463f591797f44/4061a15313417929?lnk=gst&q=linest+#4061a15313417929 Regards, David ...

How do I limit labels in chart legend to only a portion of data?
I am hoping to get a chart that includes four lines of data, but with only two of the line labels for the data showing up in the chart legend. The two lines that I want excluded are just straight bars that will include a text box within the chart as their label, but I have run into problems with simply slapping a line on the chart as it does not move around when we scale up or down the two axes. Is there a way to get the legend to only show the label identifiers with only the two sets of data that I want shown? Thank you Hi, The legend displays an entry for each series in the chart....

copy and match data from one worksheet into another via script?
Hi all I have two worksheets 2 columns each The first sheet has ID and Name Column for example: Code ------------------- ID[/B] NAM 193948 Michael 684588 John 535279 Luke 098734 Matthe ------------------- my 2nd sheet Code ------------------- ID [B]NAM Michael John Luke Matthe ------------------- How do i use the first sheet to match up the names on the 2nd sheet and ultimately copy the ID numbers onto the 2nd sheet? This is just a simplified example. There are thousands of entries. Thank you if you have ...

Turn Off SOP Transfer Log Report
Is there any way to not have the SOP Transfer Log show up? We usually just hit the Cancel button on the Report Destination window but it gets annoying when you transfer 100-150 orders a day. I know you can go into the posting setup to cancel posting reports but I can't find anyway to stop the Transfer Log. -- Scott Scott, No, there isn't a method built in to do this. You'd need a customization using Dexterity or I think you could use VBA to do this as well. patrick mbs developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ri...

how to deal with duplicate data rows
I need to interface with a program that generates a .csv file with row of data. It generates 2 or more rows for each instance uniquely identified by the docket/page combination Example: last first bank trustee docket page smith john ny bank (blank field) 12235 8907 (blank field) (blank field) cal western 12235 8907 smith janet ny bank (blank field) 12235 8907 I need to consolidate all three lines into one row by concating field that contain different data (first name column) and columns with blan spaces to look like the ...

Merge & Sort Dynamic Lists w/ Data Validation
First off, let me say thanks to the Excel Usenet community that has helped me over and over through these newsgroups. You are phenomenal. Question 1: I need to create a BOTH box that will dynamically pull names from both the "Chicago Office" & "Seattle Office" columns in my sheet. It is extremely preferable to do this without VB Script if possible to avoid the security warnings on opening the sheet. (Our IT department will not budge on this..) Detail: I have two lists of employees. Column A lists the Chicago Office employees. Column B lists the Seattle Office employee...

Importing data from an excel file
I have an excel file with contact data for customers. Now I want to import it into CRM 3.0. I use the guide but I am stuck at the manual import i.e. populate CDF at step 5 in the data migration framework application. Do I have to go to the SQL server and select the database and import into the contacts table? I am really sorry for the newbie question.. /Jonas Hi Jonas, You will indeed need to populate the CDF tables. You can do this via several ways of which using SSIS is my personal favorite. Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen - MSCRM MVP Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blog...

Scheduling Hyper-V Snapshots 2008 R2
Hello, In 2008 R2 is there a way to schedule snapshots in the GUI without having to write a script? I figure it must be there but for some reason I'm not seeing it. Hi Boe, sorry but this is not directly possible via Hyper-V GUI. You need to use powershell here. The command-lets for powershell can be downloaded at codeplex -> Hyper-V PS Library -> http://pshyperv.codeplex.com/Wikipage These commands are snapshot relevant : Get-VMSnapshot - Returns SnapShots for one or more VM(s) Get-VMSnapshotTree - Displays all the Snapshots of a VM in a tree view Selec...

Passing data to DLL problem
Hi, my application uses a callback function in a dll. This function must notify the main application when it is called, through a SendMessage api call. So i've created a global variable in the dll, named parent: HWND parent; LRESULT CALLBACK MyFunction(...........) { ......................... SendMessage(parent, ....................); } in the main application i set the dll variable: HWND * wnd; wnd = (HWND *) GetProcAddress(hinstDLL, "parent"); *wnd = hWnd; this works fine if i use the parent variable it in a normal dll function, but in the callback MyFunction parent resu...

Adding a total row to a chart data table
I have the following data in a chart Week 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Data1 1 5 7 6 1 6 7 6 Data2 3 4 5 7 9 4 6 6 Is it possible to have the data table show a totals row? I.E: Totals 4 9 12 13 10 10 13 12 Thanks in advance, John You can't include the total in the data table. As a workaround, you could embed the chart on a worksheet, and display the data below it. Tushar Mehta has instructions on his web site: http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index.htm John Ortt wrote: > I have the following data in a chart > > Week 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Data1 1 5 7 6 1 6 7 6...

Creating a report that tracks stock's life cycle (buy, transfer, s
Greetings and Salutations I purchase ABC stock, and it is held by my broker "Those Brothers". I purchase more ABC stock at different times. These transactions are recorded in Money. I move my investments from "Those Brothers" to the "Quiet Company" and I purchase more ABC stock at various times. The Transfer Out and the additional Buys are all recorded in Money. I decide to sell a lot of ABC stock (spanning multple purchases and multiple investment firms) and use the FIFO method. Somehow Money knows which shares it is selling, I would like to get a report...

Transfer Settings
I have searched all over for a way to export my outlook setting from one PC to another, but have found nothing. I exported data and the import seems to have gone fine. Can someone tell me if there is a way to export my settings from outlook on one PC to another - including my account and display settings?? Settings such as display the preview window below the email list... Thank you.. My reply is at the bottom of your sent message. In news:056D480D-3A27-46DE-910D-EE8966BF2A8A@microsoft.com, MVP - WannaB <nospam at here dot priv> typed: > I have searched all over for a wa...

how do I set up spread sheet for demographical data to get graph.
I need to set up a spread sheet to be able to get age, sex,service usage numbers, site utilisation, presenting issue e.g., drug and alcohol, region, percentage of use base on population e.g, 80 staff DoHi, Do you want to show these results graphically, or in the form of some sort of output table? Dave url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/10355820.aspx How are you intending to get the data or enter the data into this sheet? How many worksheets or tables will you need? What is the final display options: Examples, Reports, Charts, Pivot = table? And lastly who are the end users, and how do they...