paler calendar colors?

I just started using the Trial Version of Outlook 2010 to see if I like it
or not and am wondering if there is an option to make the color on the
Calendar a little paler?  I see that you can change the colors but they are
all too stark for me.
Is there a way to choose a paler, more pastel look?

You are limited to the 3 colors for office (File, Options in any office
app) for the overall interface. Colors for the calendars and color
categories can't be changed (but you can pick from 15 or so colors.)

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
OutlookForums http://www.outlookforums.com

On 9/13/2011 3:31 PM, DotCom2 wrote:
> I just started using the Trial Version of Outlook 2010 to see if I like
> it or not and am wondering if there is an option to make the color on
> the Calendar a little paler? I see that you can change the colors but
> they are all too stark for me.
> Is there a way to choose a paler, more pastel look?

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Calendar and scores regarding the Basket Championship-League
Hi All, does anybody know where I can find in the net, so I can download the calendar and the scores concerning the Basket Championship-League? Thanks in advance. Karsten Italy ...

Change Row Fill Color
I'm having a problem that I'm pretty sure can only be resolved with some type of Macro. I would like to know if it is possible to change the fill color of an entire row when text is entered in a specific cell within that row. For example. When "Not Received" is entered in cell C3, I would like all of row 3 to be filled with light blue. If something else is entered in that same cell (e.g. "Received"), I do not want the fill color to change at all. I know it's possible to change a single cell this way using Conditional Formatting, but how do you apply...

Calendar
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange When I change the dates of an event in my calendar it adds a second event rather than just modifying the dates of the original event. If I delete the event to start fresh it just reappears in a few seconds. Consequently I have one event listed many times. The more I work with it the more it duplicates. I recently upgraded to Leopard and wonder if the two are related. On 2010-05-13 08:57:52 -0400, SherriCB@officeformac.com said: > When I change the dates of an event in my calendar i...

Sharing Mutliple Calendars
Greetings, I have a customer who wants to create calendars as subfolders to their main calendar. They connect to an Exchange 5.5 server. Is it possible to share these sub-calendars to other Outlook/Exchange users in the site? Is Office 2003 required? Any help is appreciated! John Kirkland MCSE 2000 To access a shared folder that isn't one of the folders listed on the File | Open | Other User's Folder dialog, the mailbox owner needs to grant Reviewer permission to the root of the mailbox, as well as appropriate permission on the folder. The user who needs access then goes into...

How can I see document in color while I'm working?
I need to be able to see document in full color while working. I've tried switching views, etc. but the only way I can see color is in "print preview." Jamie If this is a problem with all Excel files with coloured cells, the Windows OS high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;320531 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:09:03 -0800, "Jamie" <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Border colors not working in Publisher 2003
In Publisher 2003 - can't get line colour, border colour or table grid lines to show up on screen. They seem to print OK but being invisible on screen makes things tricky. Recently installed Adobe Acrobat 7.0 - seems to have started then - any known links between these two or is it just co-incidence? ...

Calendars #5
Hi, have come across this problem with calendars - in Oz our week starts on Sunday and all calendars are this way - but Publisher seems to only do Monday to Sunday weeks. Regional settings are set correctly. Can you guys help? TIA Bill I have the exact opposite problem, our week starts on a Monday but my version of Publisher only starts on a Sunday ! I have tried all the settings but cannot change it, I am using Publisher 2002 (XP) and I would also love to know how to change this. "OldBill" <oziebillNO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message news:OrQvRfp8EHA.2608@TK2MSF...

How can I change the color of the drop down arrow on a filter?
The color of the arrow - black - is hard to distinquish from the activated color - dark blue. I'm looking to change the color to a more distinctive style. hi, A control must have a property that can be changed before you can change it. look in the property box of the drop down contorl. back color, fore color, border color is all i see that can be changed. Regards FSt1 "Stique" wrote: > The color of the arrow - black - is hard to distinquish from the activated > color - dark blue. I'm looking to change the color to a more distinctive > style. Good morning...

Bold dates on yearly calendar
I am creating a yearly calendar using a publisher template. How can I bold certain dates on the calendar? When I click on a particular month, all the text for that month gets selected. Thank You About the only way I know is to select the month text box, copy, paste special as a table. The table will be large but can be resized to the same size as the text box by using the size handles. As for the month name cell... select the top row of the table, Table menu, merge cells. You should be able to bold the dates now. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Ana24" <Ana24@disc...

Viewing other's peoples Calendars/Inbox with OWA
Hi all - I found this article: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=257889 However, we are using Windows 2003 AD with Exchange 2003 SP1 (single server). I found a SERIOUS error with this link in the KB article: http://virtual_server_name/exchange/username/calendar Anyone in our organization can use the above link to check ANYONE'S EMAIL, or CALENDAR, even if that calendar or email is set up to not share. How do I fix this? Thanks all! -Blake On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 12:36:34 -0400, "Galvanon" <galvanon@online.nospam> wrote: >Hi all - > >I found this articl...

Color/Grayscale Toggle Button Stuck
When I am in 'print preview' in Publisher 2007, the color/grayscale button reacts like a toggle switch. However, the toggle switch/button is engaged to view in grayscale mode and will not disengage to view in color. When I press the toggle switch/button to disengage (even though it won't), and move the mouse to the document, I see the magnifiying glass, zoom in/out. Any suggestions on how to disengage the toggle switch? THanks. Is your publication setup to print on a color printer? There have been some issues with HP printers not previewing correctly. Do you have ano...

color printing in office 2003 microsoft word
The colors are wrong when I print documents in Word. Colors are ok in other applications. Any suggestions or easy fixes? Ensure your printer driver is updated from your printer site "chev48rob" <chev48rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAC68D46-9CB7-4265-BC52-12DF26BE6CFE@microsoft.com... > The colors are wrong when I print documents in Word. Colors are ok in > other > applications. Any suggestions or easy fixes? ...

message delivered to Calendar (Office XP)
Outlook XP Messages from a particular user are being delivered to the Outlook Calendar folder. Only way to find out that a message was received from this particular user is to do a Find, and it shows the location as Calendar. ALL other mail is delivered to the Inbox without problem. Not sure where to begin to look to troubleshoot this problem. There are no rules at all. There is nothing set on the Exchange server. Any suggestions? G'Day "C" Take the Scenic Route, and take a good look round on the way: Select "Inbox" and click the "Organize"...

Problem Accessing Service Calendar & Knowledge Base
Hi, I'm having a problem accessing the service calendar & Knowledge Base. I have CRM version 3.0, I also recently reformatted my PC to a fresh install of XP Pro SP2. I has not worked on my PC since, however all the other users can acces these fine. I would appreciate some help. This problem can occur if you have the Outlook CRM client running. Try closing Outlook and all web browser windows, then opening the web browser and connecting to CRM. If this still doesn't work, try deleting all cookies on the machine -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://...

Right-click in calendar view
Hello there, when I right-click in calendar view, I can create a meeting with one of the forms selected in the context menu. That entry would start at the time where I had my mouse pointing too. Is it possible to add own form into the context menu which would act the same way? How would I do this? Thanks for any pointer regards Dan You would need to set it as the default form for that folder. Right click on the folder, select properties, use the dropdown to select the form to use when posting to this folder. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep...

Excel 2007: How to change fill color in Theme Colors
I have just converted to Excel 2007 from Excel 2003 and am still getting used to all the changes. In Excel 2003, one of the standard fill colors was Light Yellow and I have used it in thousands of spreadsheets. Excel 2007 does not have Light Yellow in the standard Theme Colors list. I can select it from Custom Colors but do not want to do that every time or rely on picking it from Recent Colors. In Excel 2003, you could go to Tools/Options and change the colors that were presented in the dropdown fill color box. Can this be done in Excel 2007? Thanks in advance, David Wow. This is ...

Copy/Special-Paste Only Color,Border and Comment
Don't think this capability is built-in, but I would like to: Say cell B2 has Value of "abc" or "123" and has color vbYellow, outline borderline with comment manually input "This item has cleared." After doing a Ctl-C on B2 I'd like to be able to click on B10 << with value of "def" or "456" presently without color, solid outline border or comment assigned and then click on a button on my toolbar (with special icon assigned to a macro) that will paste/duplicate the vbYellow color, border outline and the comment "Th...

Synchronizing two calendars
Hello, I have two calendars : - one on our Exchange server - one in my PST file (Outlook 2002) Is there any simple way to synchronize them ? Thanks ! Any particular reason you're not using an Offline Folder file as opposed to a Personal Folders (PST) file? "myname" <nospam@ihatespam.com> wrote in message news:4386e071$1@news.sncf.fr... > Hello, > > I have two calendars : > - one on our Exchange server > - one in my PST file (Outlook 2002) > > Is there any simple way to synchronize them ? Well, I depend upon our administrators' will :c) ...

Do additional user profiles change calendar, tasks and everything?
I have read on and on about a second user or third regarding a different email profile, and switching from one to the other. However, does a second user profile also give you all new contacts, calendar, tasks, etc.? I want to run two different companies with Outlook and BCM, with Accounting, and want to know how to do that using one program package. Richard Seymour <Richard Seymour@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have read on and on about a second user or third regarding a > different email profile, and switching from one to the other. > However, does a second user...

bottom border color
Hi all!, i use this code to highlight the location of the active cell. my question is instead of changing the interior color, can i just change the bottom border color of the cell? ------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Range("8:8").Interior.ColorIndex = 1 Range("8:8").Font.ColorIndex = 2 Range("c:c").Interior.ColorIndex = 0 Cells(8, Target.Column).Interior.ColorIndex = 15 Cells(8, Target.Column).Font.ColorIndex = 1 Cells(Target.Row, 3).Interior.ColorIndex = 15 End Sub ------------------- rp Try th...

How to visualize other users calendar.
Hi, How to visualize other users calendar? Are a simple way=20 for this? We have a user who have the task of set appointments for=20 other users. For this she needs see the calendar of that=20 users. I know who is possible see all appointments like=20 activities but this is not what we want. Can somebody help me? Thank for pay attention and sorry my bad english. :) []'s Vin=EDcius Pitta Lima de Ara=FAjo ------=_NextPart_0001_253C22FD Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights Hi , I...

Publisher-recurring event scheduling ability using calendars
Publisher has great calendar templates Publisher does not allow for recurring event entries via the wizard - Why can't this be done the same way as in Outlook. Or can Outlook calendar format be changed to anyone of the Publisher templates. ...

calendars #2
I downloaded a calendar template from Microsoft. How do they work? How do you find them when you open Excel? Do you have to delete all information(month,day, etc) and reenter information to get month you want? Walt Post the URL of the particular Calendar Template you downloaded and more details on what you want to do with that Calendar Template. After downloading did you "save as" to a designated folder? If you just "saved" the template, it would be saved in your TIF folder somewhere and may be hard to find. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 12:31:17 -...

Exchange 2003 Calendar free busy public folders
Is there away to view free/busy time on PUBLIC folders. On 22 Nov 2006 11:40:57 -0800, "dumas" <stonewalkdeckles@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there away to view free/busy time on PUBLIC folders. Nope. They dont have any. Set up a resource mailbox for that purpose. ...

How can I automatically change the font color of text in cells th.
Hi Les, In the absence of any detail it is difficult to be sure, but look at Conditional Formatting on the Format menu. Debra Dalgleish provides an excellent tutorial on Conditional Formatting at: http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html Many, if not most, potential respondents will look askance at questions posed uniquely in the subject line. The usual expectation is that the subject line should provide an indicative description, with the body of the post providing expanded, background detail. This should be pertinent to you as others, who might well have addressed y...