paler calendar colors?

I just started using the Trial Version of Outlook 2010 to see if I like it
or not and am wondering if there is an option to make the color on the
Calendar a little paler?  I see that you can change the colors but they are
all too stark for me.
Is there a way to choose a paler, more pastel look?

You are limited to the 3 colors for office (File, Options in any office
app) for the overall interface. Colors for the calendars and color
categories can't be changed (but you can pick from 15 or so colors.)

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
OutlookForums http://www.outlookforums.com

On 9/13/2011 3:31 PM, DotCom2 wrote:
> I just started using the Trial Version of Outlook 2010 to see if I like
> it or not and am wondering if there is an option to make the color on
> the Calendar a little paler? I see that you can change the colors but
> they are all too stark for me.
> Is there a way to choose a paler, more pastel look?

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Money 2006 Crashes Opening Calendar
I have been using Microsot Money for years. Upgrading to next version almost every year. I have been using Money 2004 Deluxe for a while. It works great. I tried upgrading to Money 2006 Deluxe ... everything works except when I try to open the Calendar. I get the message "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I tried a lot of different things (repairing the file many times, which shows no errors or no corruption or no broken records). I also just tried to go from 2004 to 2005. This actually works ... so I am now using Mone...

Calendar print format
When I print a monthly format calendar in Outlook, say for January, there are two small monthly calendars printed in the header for reference. One is for the following month, February, but the other is the current month, January. Shouldn't this other be December? How do I change this? It doesn't make sense. Thanks. Unfortunately, you can't change it for the built in print styles. Apparently Microsoft is trying to discourage people from living in the past ;-) You might want to take a look at some free Word templates that use your Outlook calendar data to create a calenda...

how to send calendar reminders to non-responding invitees?
Why can't you send true calendar reminders to invitees who haven't responded?? Outlook knows who hasn't replied, so why doesn't it let you send a reminder to those people?? (BTW -- Lotus Notes lets you do this. Another reason Outlook drives me crazy!) Outlook !=Lotus Notes. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, LDBW asked: | Why can't you send true calendar reminde...

outlook calendar #10
How can I set up the calendar so that each of my appointments are automatically given 15 minutes or 10 minutes ? set the time scale to 10 or 15 min. right click on the time scale in day view or change it in tools, options, calendar. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www....

XML syntax coloring
Hi. I would like to ask If somebody don't have any small sample to coloring XML syntax, e.g. in RichTextBox. It can be in VB.NET or C#. I watched on SharpDevelop, but I could not understand that code, which is coloring text. Thanks. ...

Chart Coloring
I need a way to select the color for the bars in a bar chart befor the creation of the chart. I know how to select the colors once the chart is created, is there a way to automatically change the chart colors? You can change the default colours Excel uses for chart fills and lines respectively, in Tools/Options/Color. The colours from left to right are the ones Excel picks for your data series in order of selection. Select the colour to be changed and click Modify... The rest is evident I gather. In the same pane you can also import colours from another workbook (e.g., your company...

Viewing colors screwed up
Hi all... I have a weird one. In the Office 2000 pro version of Publisher (2000 Sp-3), upon startup of the program, the paper is not white but rather blue. The backdrop is a hideous purple. When I look at the color schemes they are all mixtures of these two colors. In other words I cannot reset to standard colors. The documents print out perfectly, however I am unable to view them. Have done the detect and repair step to no avail. Have not uninstalled and reinstalled as I would have to do the entire disk 2 to accomplish this. Any thoughts? Gary After managing to set up OE-Q...

Conditional Format, Color Scale adjacent cells
I have a list of companies from which I receive periodic reports. Each company has a weight of importance In my list I record the incoming reports saying either "Missing" or "OK" I want to highlight all "Missing" with a colour scale that reflects the company's weight. For that I would create a hidden helper column (let's call it Code) with a formula like Code = Weight * if(Received = "Missing", 1, 0) I tried Conditional formatting / Color Scale but found that it applies only to the values of the cells containing the different value...

How Do I Delete My Local .PST Calendar?
How do I delete the calendar in my local .pst file? When I create new .pst files, there is no calendar in it. But if I then add a calendar to this .pst file, it screws up which caldendar my meeting requests go into. So I would like to delete the local calendar and just keep the service calendar. Ernest Maw wrote: > How do I delete the calendar in my local .pst file? > > When I create new .pst files, there is no calendar in it. But if I > then add a calendar to this .pst file, it screws up which caldendar my > meeting requests go into. > > So I would like to delete...

How do I select two colors for Gradient Fill Excel 2007
Hi, I get the one color, but it seems that the other color defaults to a color that I can't change. Please help. Thanks -- Hennie I dont have a solution but a suggestion...... I would record a macro doing what you want manually and then inspect the generated code to see what you are missing in your code. Chrisso On 14 Aug, 00:04, Hennie <Hen...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I get the one color, but it seems that the other color defaults to a color > that I can't change. > > Please help. > > Thanks > -- > Hennie ...

Changing Default Calendar Name
Not sure how I did this. While Setting Outlook up to work with Mobileme my default calander name changed from "Calendar" to "Work", something I thought could not happen. Have been trying to change it back but can not figure out how I managed to do it in the first place. Can anybody help me change it back to the correct name, or if not if I leavel the name change as is will it have any adverse effects going forward. "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2357600-005B-41C3-AF4C-BDBA5BD0F1CE@microsoft.com... > Not ...

Exchange Mailbox
I have a client who uses Outlook at his office in conjunction with Exchange Server and Outlook at home with a totally separate POP3 mailbox and email address. He wishes to be able to see his Office Calendar and Contacts on his home machine but does not want his office mail delivered or synchronized with his home machine or visa versa. I have set up an Exchange Mailbox on his home machine and can access the Calendar and Contacts but have not found a way to stop the Mailbox picking up the email from the Exchange Server. I have tried every setting i can think of including modifying the Send an...

Change of text or background color doesn't change on the screen.
In Excel, whenever I change the color of the text or highlight a cell with a different background color, it's not being reflected on the screen. Any ideas? An idea, yes: may be the conditional format. If for example the cell is supposed to become red when the value is null, and the value is null, then it will stay while the condition is true. Even if you change the "regular" color (it will appear only when the condition is false) Under Options, View, Colour is Colour set to 'Automatic' ? Does this happen on any specific sheet or in all sheets, in an specific ...

Card colors are not printed right?
I had a business card I am trying to reprint again, but the colors when I print them are not right? I cleaned the heads, other things seem to print correctly? The color you see on your screen isn't necessarily the color you'll get on a print. Think about the things that have changed since you last printed it. Are you using the same printer/monitor/version of Publisher/brand of ink? Have you made any changes to the screen resolution? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Bruce" <notreally@idon...

Outlook 2007 "stuck" in other user's calendar
Help! I just opened someone else's calendar from my Outlook 2007. When I went to Inbox, it showed my Inbox, when I went to Contacts it went to my Contscat. When I clicked theCalendar icon it went straight back to the other user's calendar. I couldn't find a way to close his calendar and get back to mine. I tried exiting Outlook and restarting, but the same thing happened. I evntually got out of it, but by then was so confused I don't know how I solved it! Is there a simple explanation? TIA Steve there should be a list of calendars in the navigation pane and you check (or ...

Calendar corruption in Outlook 2003
I was refered to the Exchange area from the Outlook area. You might have an answer other than "Known Issue". I am working with multiple users that cannot open recurring items in their Outlook 2003 calendars. This seems to happen only after opening their mailboxes in Outlook 2000. We have an Exchange 2003 server and a mixed Outlook 2000 & 2003 environment. The only way that I have found to fix this is by deleting their local profile and starting over. Does anyone know how to fix this without recreating the local profiles? Thanks. On Mon, 1 May 2006 08:57:02 -0700, ...

color change
Env: WindowsXP, VC++6.00 By using SetROP2(R2_NOT), I draw a line on a bitmap. If the color of a pixel is not RGB(128,128,128), the line can be seen at this pixel. I hope the line can be seen even on RGB(128,128,128). I happen to get an application which can draw a line on any colors including RGB(128,128,128). And I notice that the conversion of color it uses are as follows, (128,128,128)=>(192,192,192) (192,192,192)=>(128,128,128) (0,0,0) =>(255,255,255) (255,255,255)=>(0,0,0) (255,0,0)=>(0,128,128) (0,255,0)=>(128,0,128) (0,0,255)=>(128,128,0) (0,255,255)=>(128,...

Different standard folders for email delivery and calendar?
Hello, Outlook uses the standard folder for email delivery (e.g. a pst store or an Exchange account) also to keep the "Standard" calendar. I want to use different stores for these folders, e.g. an pst store for my standard calendar and an exchange store for my standard email delivery. Is there any way to achieve this? I am desperately looking for a solution since I only need one calendar but I have several Exchange accounts. It's a hassle to move all appointments around. Thanks Roland No, are these mailboxes all within the same organization? Then set permissions an...

Printing color logo in 97xls files
I am currently using 2003 Office (Excel) with WinXP Pro SP2. But I still use old 97 forms like invoice, purchasing,and etc. Here is a minor problem. Color logo in 97xls form does not print in color. It comes out in grayscale. When 97 xls is converted into pdf file, the logo also becomes grayscale. Could someone advise me how to keep color logo in pdf files and also allow us to print color logo? Jorge ...

how do I make a calendar with every three days a different color . #2
I work 3 days on and 3 days off . How can I make a calender reflecting this using 2 colors without physically editing each day? Put the following forumula in a cell adjacent to the dates on your calendar: =Mod("date"/6,1). It will yield 6 results, .333...,.5,.666...,.833..., 0,.166..., where "date" is the numeric value for that given date. Use conditional formatting to mark the date. For the date that results in ..333... set the conditional formatting to Formula Is with the formula "=A8=(1/3)" (set to the address for your formula) and set to ...

Four-colored Publisher Document converted to PDF & emailed.......
when opened by recipiant, i.e., lettering and subtitles in created in blue comes out as black. Is there any way to created a multi-colored Publisher document, convert doc to PDF, email, and yet have all colors retained in such a PDF file once emailed and opened? Great board for info! ReBell Sticks, MS Are you using Acrobat? What version Publisher? How to create a PDF file in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302835/en-us Spot colors in EPS graphics distill incorrectly to Printer Definition File (PDF) as color separations in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/8231...

Outlook 2003 Calendar info disappears
I am using outlook 2003 calendar to keep track of apts and meetings. When i go into a new month my previous month apts disappears. Is that supposed to happen or is something wrong. I wanted to go back to last month and see when i meet with a client but there was no information. Any help would be appreciated. Rob Check your auto-archive selections. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Rob asked: | I am using ou...

Using Public Folder for Shared Calendar/Contact List... >:O
This is driving me up, around, about, and through several walls... I just don't understand it. I create a new account, setup an exchange mailbox with it, setup the user AS an administrator... I logon to the server via Microsoft Outlook from a client computer AS the account I just made... it verifies it... I see the Public Folder...I go to expand the Public Folder...and I see Favorites and All Public Folders... I go to expand All Public Folders, I see Internet Newsgroups.. a giant gray preview pane says: Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the sp...

busy/free in calendar
A user used to send meeting to a group of users, and while setting up the meeting request, she can see each uesr's calendar at that time if they are busy / not. Currently,she can't, that period of time for all users were blocked off ( including this user herslf as well). I tried check many knowledge ffrom microsoft, can;t find the answer. It did asked me to try click option , and click "refresh busy/free information. but doesn't work. It only happen for this user. If you have any advise, please help. Thanks, CS ...

Outlook /Calendars Delegation Issues.....
Maybe this is a question for the outlook or exchange user groups, but I just setup SBS2003 with outlook 2003 on all 5 clients. I setup one (primary) of the clients outlook calendar to allow delegate rights to the other four, which works great. My problem is that when the "primary" user goes in and creates an appt,event, meeting or even just updates anything in their calendar the other four recieve updates of the changes. I've looked at how to stop this but cannot find anything. Anyone have any Ideas. Thanks in advance for your help. R Use a public calendar instead. ...