paler calendar colors?

I just started using the Trial Version of Outlook 2010 to see if I like it
or not and am wondering if there is an option to make the color on the
Calendar a little paler?  I see that you can change the colors but they are
all too stark for me.
Is there a way to choose a paler, more pastel look?

You are limited to the 3 colors for office (File, Options in any office
app) for the overall interface. Colors for the calendars and color
categories can't be changed (but you can pick from 15 or so colors.)

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
OutlookForums http://www.outlookforums.com

On 9/13/2011 3:31 PM, DotCom2 wrote:
> I just started using the Trial Version of Outlook 2010 to see if I like
> it or not and am wondering if there is an option to make the color on
> the Calendar a little paler? I see that you can change the colors but
> they are all too stark for me.
> Is there a way to choose a paler, more pastel look?

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Starting up Outlook 2003 in Calendar Page.
I have a simple question: How do I get my Outlook 2003 to start up on the Calendar page instead of the Mail page? Thank you. Hi appreciative one It's a simple but well hidden setting: Tools | Options | Otehr tab | Advanced Options | startup in this folder... browse to the Calendar. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Trainer and Consultant read my articles here: www.judygleeson.com Canberra, Australia how to post questions: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375 "Appreciative!" <Appreciative@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AD43BEB-4A36-47B...

matching color with an object on the page
How can I match fill color of a new object with an existing object? ie - old logo image on the screen and I am creating a new one but can't get the color to match exactly. Imagine the color sampler in photo programs. To identify the color on your computer you could use a neat little program called Pixie (tks Mary). It will tell you the RGB numbers to recreate a tested color. If your color is available only on paper, then you could scan it and then use Pixie. Get Pixie at http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.html -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Tom" <Tom@disc...

Appointments in wrong calendar
Lately we've been getting calls regarding appointments that appear on a user's calendar but they don't appear on the list of attendees. I recently had one show up on my calendar and I didn't receive a meeting request. Also, none of the attendees are delegates or any way related to my account. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks ...

remove old calendar items
Hello, Can someone help/guide me how I can remove old calendar data from a specific date 2005!? Setup: 1.. server: windows 2000 pro and Exchange 2000 Ent. with all SP&Hotfix 2.. Client: Windows XP Pro with Outlook 200 and all SP&Hotfix I need to do this manual and not with the automatic archive function within Outlook! // Kenneth Have you tried working in Outlook while it's in offline mode or in safe mode? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "news" wrote: > Hello, > > Can someone...

Default Calendar 01-20-10
I have a client that is using Outlook 2003 and also using Microsoft's Live Calendar. In his Outlook folder list it lists his Live account with his Live Calendar under it. He currently syncs his Office 2003 Calendar with his phone and now wants to sync it with the Live Calendar instead. Research shows that there is a way to make the Live Calendar the default calendar in Outlook. I think by doing that it may sync with his phone. Anyone have any experience with that? Or know how to change the default calendar to the Live one? Thanks for any help. James You can make the cale...

Ability to change the color scheme in GP 10.0 missing?
I have been told that I should be able to go into USER PREFERENCES > USER DISPLAY PREFERENCES to change the color scheme. For whatever reason the "scheme" button does not seem to exist in GP10 SP1. Has this feature been removed? I am not sure what you were told, but you can only change the display preferences for Link Fields and Required fields, in addition to underline prompts. As for the overall display, it is standard (no application colors) and will change according to your overall Windows scheme. Hope this clarifies, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Gl...

Calendar software
I'm having a heck of a time trying to locate a Google newsgroup where I can get input on a good XP calendar software with a certain feature. Any suggestions for the newsgroup? TIA "TennisGuy" <Jeffery21217@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7ca8b991-68bb-43c2-898b-18829d41f1d3@f5g2000vbm.googlegroups.com... > I'm having a heck of a time trying to locate a Google newsgroup where > I can get input on a good XP calendar software with a certain feature. > Any suggestions for the newsgroup? > > TIA So what's the name of this software? ...

How do I set background color?
I want the entire default background color to be grey. How can I d this? I don't want to select all the cells and change them grey. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try A) Select all sheet B) Format C) Cells D) Patterns E) Select color Then OK Hepta "kenji4861 >" <<kenji4861.14ny8k@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kenji4861.14ny8k@excelforum-nospam.com... > I want the entire default background color to be grey. How can I do > this? I don't want to select all the cells and change them grey. > Thanks! > > >...

How do I find the color of the current background in publisher
I had to reboot my computer while working on a publisher project. I did not write down the background color number I was using. Is there a way to find out the exact color? I am a newbie at Publisher 2007? Look in the fill menu, there is an eye-dropper tool. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Lynbak" <Lynbak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C75C5B86-C718-4809-88D9-85B37A2C6087@microsoft.com... >I had to reboot my computer while working on a publisher project. I did not > write down the background color number I was using. Is there a way to find &...

Excel dynamic calendar
I have created a dynamic calendar for my employees. each month is on a seperate worksheet with a tally worksheet at the end. It is based on fiscal year from Apr 1st to Mar 31. Any modifications are only applied on the April worksheet (the year) which is automated on all other months, this includes automatic changes for the days of the week, conditional formating for highlighting weekends, vacation days, training days etc. Year is in A1, Month in A2 I have two issues that I can't seem to resolve; 1 - on all given leap year, adding day 29 in the February worksheet. (having ...

Can't get Calendar reminders? ? ?
Ever so often my calendar won't forward reminders to my live mail address. All the settings are correct, but I don't get reminders. It has done this before, and it self-corrected. But it's not sending reminders at the moment. Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas how to correct it? Ray, I've had it on an for forever.. Never did understand or receive a valid reason regardless of Live ID = sign on in WLM, WLMsgr, web UI or any possible combination of=20 same. What even perplexes me more...the same account in the Outlook Hotmail = Connector in Offic...

Changing row color in a grid
Hi all! Is it possible to change the background color of a grid row in a view, based on a field value? I would like to qualify opportunities as hot (red), medium (yellow) or low (gren). Thanks for your input on this, -- Jenny :) It can be done, in lots of fairly unsupported ways mind: http://blog.odynia.org/categories/3-Microsoft-CRM The supported way forward is to use SRS Reports and a Dashboard (either through MSCRM's ISV.Config, or Sharepoint) to build your own view, this gives you a supported solution with considerable more freedom on the appearance however involves much ...

Coloring a Sender's Name in Outlook 2010
I'm wondering how to automatically color a sender's name in Outlook 2010. I can assign it to a color category but that only displays when the sender's email is highlighted. If possible, I'd like the user's name to appear in red (for example) in my inbox list. Can anyone help? Thanks!! You can use Conditional Formatting for that; View tab-> button View Settings-> button Conditional Formatting... It works the same as Automatic Formatting in previous versions of Outlook. For instructions see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/coloremailadvanced...

archived calendar items?
Is there a way to retrieve the last 12 months of archived calendar items? I don't care about recurring items, just ones that I've entered myself. Shebubba What do you mean "retrieve"? They are in the calendar folder, you can set a table view and look at them sequentially if you want. Shebubba wrote: > Is there a way to retrieve the last 12 months of archived calendar items? I > don't care about recurring items, just ones that I've entered myself. > > Shebubba Open the archive and look in the calendar. If the archive is not open in...

exchange calendar update tool #2
Can I run the exchange calendar update tool before updarting the dst patches on the exchange servers? No, Do windows server patches, then exchange, then clients, then run the tool is my understanding. "mcp" <none@none.com> wrote in message news:ezcHEbgUHHA.4764@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Can I run the exchange calendar update tool before updarting the dst > patches on the exchange servers? > According to MS it is Servers, Workstations, Exchange, then the tool: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/dst_topissues "mcp" <none@none.com> wrote in ...

can't see color in excel 2003 when "color fill" used?
Color not appearing in normal view while working with file. When I go to print preview I see the colors in rows? How does on resolve this scenario. Thank you. See if this article helps http://support.microsoft.com/d�efault.aspx?kbid=320531 Changes to fill color and fill pattern are not displayed in Office programs -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ynot" <ynot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4ECC3E3C-EF68-4257-A857-FEDE1B4EEC00@microsoft.com... > Color not appearing in normal view while working with file. Whe...

How to use formulas in Excel to control the text color ?
For example, I want to use a formula to show a green "Pass" when the value>=60 else a red "Fail". So I use "IF(C3<60,"Fail","Pass")" to show the text, but I can not control the color, can anyone tell me, how to change text color in the formula ? Thanks in advance. Have a look at Conditional Formatting. It will do exactly what you are looking for. -- Ken Russell kenrussellyourhat@optushome.com.au Remove yourhat to reply by e-mail .. "Jackie Cao" <Jackie Cao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A79333...

Change text color in report
Is it possible to change the text color of a report field if an option button is checked in a form. Form Printlabels has option2 = red option4 = blue option6 = white is it possible to change the forcolor of txtbox(text1)in report( rptlabels ) depending which option is chosen in form Printlabels any help is appreciated stumpy wrote: >Is it possible to change the text color of a report field if an option button >is checked >in a form. >Form Printlabels has >option2 = red >option4 = blue >option6 = white > >is it possible to change the forcolor of txtbox(text1)in...

Creating a chart based on fill color
Is it possible to create a chart based on different colors of each row I have about 250 rows of data and each row has a different fill color that resembles something. So now I want to make a Chart that can tell me how many of each color there is. Can anyone help See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <AB078A8A-6485-4461-8FFE-2A55267BA3F5@microsoft.com>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Is it possible to create a chart ...

Outlook hoses when synching the calendar
The calendar synch will perform to 100% and then, when writing the synch log, will hose the app, appear as though the CPU is maxed out (but will still allow normal functions with no lag time) and cause Outlook to stop responding. Has anyone ran into this before? Also, is there a way to turn off the synch log if this will resolve the problem? Thanks. John ...

Information store cannot be found when accessing calendars
I have several users who are getting "information store cannot be found" error message when accessing calendars in Outlook 2000. Server is Exchange 2003 On 26 Sep 2006 08:02:36 -0700, "david.carr@gmail.com" <david.carr@gmail.com> wrote: >I have several users who are getting "information store cannot be >found" error message when accessing calendars in Outlook 2000. Server >is Exchange 2003 But not all users and not all the time? Elaborate.. These are only our HR and secretarial staff so its only a few of them and they are trying to look at cale...

Sync Calendar and Contacts only?
Hello, I use at home Entourage and I would like to sync with my office Exchange. This actually works (through HTTPS). However, I only need my Calendar and COntacts, I don't want to synchronize the tones of professional e-mails on my home computer. Is there any possibility to disable the mailbox sync? Thank you in advance! There is no way to completely disable the email sync that I know of - but in the Options tab in your account settings, you could set it to "partially download messages over... 0k." At least that will keep it from actually downloading and cac...

Reminders? Sharepoint/Outlook calendars
Hi, I have Outlook 2007 both at home and in the office. We now use Sharepoint too and I have learned how to view my Sharepoint calendar in Outlook, either side by side with my Outlook calendar or overlaid. If I enter an appointment in my Sharepoint calendar from the office, then it DOES show up when I view that calendar at home. BUT the reminder has been turned off. And the same thing happens the other way round - if I enter an appt from home, I can view it here in the office, but again there's no reminder. Is there some setting I need to adjust? Or am I just expec...

Can you import visio calendar to MS word
You can copy and paste but it stay an image in word. It will not be transform as a word calendar "Pauline" <Pauline@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: FE2CC56C-DB9E-4399-A2EB-56FDFAA791B6@microsoft.com... > ...

Logical Test comparison using cell color
I'm using Excel 2002 and trying to use the IF function to see if a cell color is RED; something like the following: IF (B3=RED,"X","Y") So if cell B3 is colored RED then display X otherwise Y Hi Here is thread that I asked a similar question in sometime ago, I thin it will answer your question perfectly. http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=381460 Cheers Shau -- Shaun ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ShaunM's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1861 View this thread: http:/...