OWA with multiple domains access

Hello ALL:

What am i missing in configuring 2003 OWA with multiple domains access for
FE/BE configuration running Exchange 2003 Ent. server? It is not
working....please help!

I've create new HTTP virtual server for 2 new domains on both FE/BE using:
Exchange System Manager -> Created new HTTP virtual server

.. using unique headers to start IIS6.0 services
.. select/enter domain > exchange path > mailboxes for SMTP domain
.. wide open Access Control and Execute permissions

(wait for new Virtual server to register in IIS6.0) and performed the
following on both FE/BE.

.. wide open Access Control and Execute permissions
.. manually register OwaAuth.dll (found in drv:\exch..) just like the default
domain

When I enter http://server.domain.com/new_domain (on BE to test)
I got "The page cannot be found"

What else do I have to do to get OWA working for multiple domains..

Many thanks in advance for your guidance.
--
Brian
0

Not an Outlook problem - try posting to an Exchange group for better
assistance.  OWA is a part of Exchange, not Outlook.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Brian asked:

| Hello ALL:
|
| What am i missing in configuring 2003 OWA with multiple domains
| access for FE/BE configuration running Exchange 2003 Ent. server? It
| is not working....please help!
|
| I've create new HTTP virtual server for 2 new domains on both FE/BE
| using: Exchange System Manager -> Created new HTTP virtual server
|
| . using unique headers to start IIS6.0 services
| . select/enter domain > exchange path > mailboxes for SMTP domain
| . wide open Access Control and Execute permissions
|
| (wait for new Virtual server to register in IIS6.0) and performed the
| following on both FE/BE.
|
| . wide open Access Control and Execute permissions
| . manually register OwaAuth.dll (found in drv:\exch..) just like the
| default domain
|
| When I enter http://server.domain.com/new_domain (on BE to test)
| I got "The page cannot be found"
|
| What else do I have to do to get OWA working for multiple domains..
|
| Many thanks in advance for your guidance.

0
MillyS (3228)
1/27/2006 11:04:22 PM
Hi Milly,

I have posted my question in the Exchange server discussion group.

Thank you much.
--
Brian

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> Not an Outlook problem - try posting to an Exchange group for better
> assistance.  OWA is a part of Exchange, not Outlook.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, Brian asked:
>
> | Hello ALL:
> |
> | What am i missing in configuring 2003 OWA with multiple domains
> | access for FE/BE configuration running Exchange 2003 Ent. server? It
> | is not working....please help!
> |
> | I've create new HTTP virtual server for 2 new domains on both FE/BE
> | using: Exchange System Manager -> Created new HTTP virtual server
> |
> | . using unique headers to start IIS6.0 services
> | . select/enter domain > exchange path > mailboxes for SMTP domain
> | . wide open Access Control and Execute permissions
> |
> | (wait for new Virtual server to register in IIS6.0) and performed the
> | following on both FE/BE.
> |
> | . wide open Access Control and Execute permissions
> | . manually register OwaAuth.dll (found in drv:\exch..) just like the
> | default domain
> |
> | When I enter http://server.domain.com/new_domain (on BE to test)
> | I got "The page cannot be found"
> |
> | What else do I have to do to get OWA working for multiple domains..
> |
> | Many thanks in advance for your guidance.

0
Brian8214 (439)

One domain on exchange server not accepting connections
I setup a second domain on an Exchange 2003 server, and thought everything was working. Now, though, mail going to the second domain gets rejected, but mail going to the original domain is still working. I can telnet to the original domain, but not to the second domain. I've checked everything I know to check (I've setup plenty of domains on Exchange servers, so I believe I've gotten the setting correct), but I just can't get it to work. The MX records are correct, and mail.theseconddomain.com resolves to the right IP address (the same IP as mail.originaldomain.com), so it sh...

Unreconciling Multiple Rows In Money
I would like to know if there is a way to unreconcile multiple rows in Microsoft Money? I can do one at a time, but I need to do a large number of them and don't want to do them one at a time. I've tried to contact Microsoft directly about this but got passed to the company that I bought my machine from, who passed me off to another support number in their company - which tried to charge me for asking this question. Any info on this would be great! Doug In microsoft.public.money, Doug wrote: >I would like to know if there is a way to unreconcile multiple rows in >Microsoft ...

Excel: Enable UnHiding of multiple sheets at once
When you have multiple sheets hidden in workbook and want to unhide more tha one, you must go back thru the dialog box to unhide each. Why not write this one to be like most others so you can shift-click/ctrl-click the sheetnames you want to unhide while you're ther ONCE and unhide them all at one time? Cyber http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp While waiting for MS to make the changes in the next version you could use a macro. Sub Show_Sheets() Dim i As Integer For i = 1 To ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Count ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(i).Visible = True N...

OWA #45
Hi, Can i upgrade OWA 5.5 to OWA 2003. Bye On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:32:07 -0700, Manish <Manish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Can i upgrade OWA 5.5 to OWA 2003. > >Bye Following the proper stesp, yes. www.microsoft.com/exchange Dear Andy, Can you tell me the steps. bye "Andy David - MVP" wrote: > On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:32:07 -0700, Manish > <Manish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > >Hi, > > > >Can i upgrade OWA 5.5 to OWA 2003. > > > >Bye > > Following the proper stesp, yes. > ...

exchange 2003 Pop3 access #2
I'm trying to publish smtp and pop3 through isa. neither of the server publishing rules smtp or pop3 work properly. I was able to work around the smtp portion by configuring smtp virtual server on isa then forwarding to the exchange server. so on to pop3 for this scenario: 10.0.0.2 = exchange server ip 10.0.0.1 = isa internal 10.1.0.1 = isa dmz 60.60.60.60 = public ip address of mail server (nat by firewall to dmz interface of isa) I used mail server publishing to publish pop3 from "external" to "10.0.0.2" Following the tuturial on isaserver.org still I am ...

Compare records in multiple sheet -> report
Hi! I have a workbook consisting of ten sheets. To simplify my question let�s say that the three first columns of every sheet denotes the spatial coordinates x,y,z and the fourth column is a scalar value. Some x,y,z-triplets exist in all 10 sheets, some exists in only a few sheets, if the triplet exists, then also the scalar value of the 4th column exists. What I would like to do is to find all unique x,y,z-triplets and show them in the first column of a new sheet. In columns 2-11, I would like to show the scalar value(from the corresponding x,y,z-triplet of course) in column 4 in s...

Printing Issues when distributing a form to multiple users
I am distributing a spreadsheet to multiple users. The spreadsheet is being used as a form for data entry. The problem i am having is that when it is being printed, the users are getting varying page layouts where the page breaks have changed, due the changes to the length of the document growing from the free text they are entering. The page breaks that excel chooses don't seem to be spaced well, leading to one or two of the pages being very short (i.e., leaving a lot of free white space), whereas the other pages are taking up the entire page. Is there a particular page layout selection...

Contacts in OWA
I have a public folder with all of our corporate contacts. When I open this contacts folder in OWA each contact is dsiplayed as a message. The creator is in the from field,the subject is the contact name, and the description is the actual message. It is obvious something is not setup correctly. They work in Outlook but how do I get my contacts to diplay correct in OWA? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;186707 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;192775 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;193134 http://support.microsoft.c...

OWA Display Settings
Is there a method to clear the Web Access Display Settings (i.e. Color Schemes, Preview Pane setup) from the server side of the application for either a single user or all OWA users? Also, I've had several users report that if they've attempted to access their OWA mailbox in FireFox, they lose the way messages are normally displayed in the OWA client where each message basically has two lines, one line for who it came from and when and the next line for the subject. After logging to OWA with Firefox, all of the information is displayed on a single line. This is on a Windows...

Error while trying to access reports
Hi all, I have a user who is Admin and gets this error when she clicks on the report icon: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the r...

OWA not work properly
When users go to http://sitename/exchange they get the yellow OWA screen without the graphics. If I enter username, I get "HTTP Error 404 - Not Found". I have NT 4.0 SP6a, Exchange 5.5 SP4, and IIS 4.0 with all the latest updates. In Internet Service Manager, in the Default Web Site properties, I have the redirect to the above URL in the Home Directory tab. Under the Directory Security tab I have both Anonymous and Challenge/Response. In the Exchange folder properties (in Internet Service Manager) under the Virtual Directory tab I have the Local Path "c:\exchsrvr\webdata&quo...

HTML Attachment in OWA on Exchange 2000

NNTP/web-based access (still) horked
[Posting via clunky web-based access at ~12:15 PM PST/20:15 UTC, 10 Jan-10] Right now, web-based access to this newsgroup is not showing any new posts since 12:45 AM PST/08:45 UTC, 09 Jan-10...though AFAIK most posts since then are showing up via NNTP. This has been going on since March 2009, guys. Pull your finger out of it & get it fixed, OK? PS: Happy New Year, Little StevieS! Time to earn that raise, bucko. -- ~PA Bear... Ahh, if only this sort of thing could happen permanently to techarena, eggheadcafe, vistaheads, etc... "PA Bear [MS-MVP]" <PABea...

OWA
I have one computer that when trying to access exchange 2003 via OWA the messages are not listed. The message count is correct and all folders are there and visible but no message list or anything in the reading pane. Anybody have a fix? Are there no replies to this? I've found several others asking the same question here and getting no answers at all. EX2K3 on Win2K3 enterprise server, problem seems to be a client one as the same mailbox can successfully be accessed from other computers and this computer has same behaviour for all mailboxes. >-----Original Message----- >I ...

Experts Challenge: MAPI is unable to access Public Folder store items
Goodday to all of you, I have crosspost my messages to several newsgroups. Reason for this is that my previous posts to different newsgroups did not solve the problem. Maybe if I crosspost, there will be an expert that has a solution. Also I am not sure to which group I should post my problem. Maybe this post long-winded, do not see at as material for a novel!!! - I am just trying to explain the exact TERRIBLE situation! ---- ---- ---- ---- I am experiencing a problem with our Public Folder Store. All my users are not be able to access e-mail items in the Public Folders using their Outlo...

How do I access Outlook Express? Where to download?
How do I access Outlook Express? Where to download This is the Outlook newsgroup. Outlook Express is a different program. You don't download Outlook Express. It's part of Internet Explorer and your O/S. Look in the Start Menu in Programs. "Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C27B0DE-4C72-41D3-BC87-B4652F45E4F2@microsoft.com... | How do I access Outlook Express? Where to download Frank <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I access Outlook Express? Where to download Outlook Express probably came with your Wi...

Importing a table from Access query
What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? Thanks in advance. Hi The way I usually do this is run the select query, click on the top-right box (which selects all records) and use Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste into my workbook. An alternative is to right-click on the query in the Database Window and left-click on Export. In the Save As dialog box, select ..xls type. -- Andy. "Trish" <Trish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BF3DE22-6590-4CAD-9EE1-FC978A3BB63B@microsoft.com... > What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? >...

OWA #75
Hi I hav exchg 2003 and xp pro clients. I have users ion the building where the exchange is standing who directly connect and others outside who connects via POP3. My question: Is it difficult to set up my exchange server to allow the users from outside to connect via the net directly to the exchange via OWA. I'm trying to find some articles with no success. Any help would be great. (Note: I can from within the network type in \\ipoftheexchange\nameofamailbox in the internet explorer and i can access it) thanks everyone craig hi connfigure owa with ssl http://www.petri.co.il/con...

Solution: Error 2306: There are too many rows to output (Access to Excel using OutputTo)
I've joined the legions who've encountered this problem with the OutputTo method in Access: Run-time error 2306 There are too many rows to output, based on the limitation specified by the output format or by Microsoft Access A lot of people seem to have encountered it. The reason is because OutputTo defaults to an old version of Excel which only allows 16K rows A lot of people also suggest using TransferSpreadsheet instead, but that caused me a lot more problems (putting a single quote in front of my text data) Intellisense for the command does not list what your options are for th...

Print multiple copies per sheet
I have a pubisher file that is a card with a size of 5 x 6 and is 2 pages. Is it possible to print 2 copies of this file on a letter size page so that there will be 2 double sided copies on the letter size page. I need to laminate these cards so if I could get 2 per page I would just need to cut the page in half. I am using Publisher 2003. Thanks in advance for any help. Best regards, Dee Page setup, Business card, change copies per sheet, Side margin 1.25, top margin ..5, zero gaps, okay out, in the next screen change the measurements to width 6" height 5". The above will...

Very Rusty Former Beginner/Intermediate Access Guy Needs a Little Help
I'm using Access 2002 to create a database for a small opera company that my wife is involved in, and I'm more than a bit rusty because I haven't created a new Access database since about 1999. So, I will probably have quite a few questions as I go through this, and hopefully this group will help me out. I will be creating this database for someone else to enter the data. I have a patron table with name, address, email, etc., and I want to add a form to enter donations from patrons into a donation table. All I need in this form is last name, first name, date, and amount....

matrix in access
Hi all, is there an option to build matrix in access? hi, thread wrote: > is there an option to build matrix in access? Yes, but you have no matrix operators. Each table can be threated as a matrix equivalent. In VBA you can use multi-dimensional arrays. btw, what do you like to do? mfG --> stefan <-- the metrix is going is follow: you have countries as vertical and i have names as horizontal,the issue is that i want to have an option to load it from excel to access as is but still to be able to use it in the relations between other tables any code samples? Stefan Hoffmann =...

access forms 12-05-07
how can the minimum value from eight numeric fields be found & displayed displayed on the form, following manual entry? Your only way is through a series of If statements to determine the minimum. Remember, too, that you may need to handle missing data. You can use the Nz function in that case, but you need to be able to assign a reasonable value for comparison purposes if the value is Null. Dim lngMinimum As Long lngMinimum = Nz(Me.Field1, 9999) If Nz(Me.Field2, 9999) < lngMinimum Then lngMinimum = Me.Field2 End If If Nz(Me.Field3, 9999) < lngMinimum Then lngM...

Access SSRS Throug SSMS not Report Manager
Without giving someone membership into the "BUILTIN\Administrators" group, how would one enable a user to be able to access SSRS through SSMS? SSMS >> Connect >> Reporting Services >> {Server Name} I'm currently getting the error below: TITLE: Connect to Server ------------------------------ Cannot connect to {servername}. (removed the server name) ------------------------------ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: A connection to the computer cannot be established. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.RSClient) ------------------------------ Acces...

accessing clipart when not online
In office professional 2003 I can only seem to access clip art when connected to theinternet. Is it possible to get the clip art with out connecting? Kate wrote: > In office professional 2003 I can only seem to access clip > art when connected to theinternet. Is it possible to get > the clip art with out connecting? No. Not one of the wisest decisions, was it? Makes me glad I went broadband before getting Off 2003. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celticnet.com> wrote in message news:c8rlqh$63b$1@news5.svr.pol.co.uk... >...