OWA Timeout

Hello,

Is there a way to set an inactivity timeout per user in Exchange 2003
OWA?

Thank you,

Ross

Ross <rswils3rd@yahoo123.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to set an inactivity timeout per user in Exchange 2003
> OWA?

Since OWA is actually a part of Exchange, you might want to ask in
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
4/19/2007 2:53:16 PM
Thanks Brian.

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 10:53:16 -0400, "Brian Tillman"
<tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Ross <rswils3rd@yahoo123.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to set an inactivity timeout per user in Exchange 2003
>> OWA?
>
>Since OWA is actually a part of Exchange, you might want to ask in

OWA
I have OWA enabled for all exchange mailboxes. When the users login and choose premium client, it does work properly. It will display the inbox but it will not allow you to open the emails and you can only click on the folders to the left hand side. Tool bars and logoff buttons do not work. Do I need to do something on the server in order for the premium client to work properly? Basic client works fine. Is everybody having the same issue. Did you try to access it from outside of your org? "KKXC" wrote: > I have OWA enabled for all exchange mailboxes. When the users ...

OWA Authentication #7
Need some questions about OWA authentication cleared up. When connecting to OWA from internal desktops machines, OWA logs on automatically as whatever user is logged on to that machine. However, when logged on to the DC as an administrator, OWA only logs on automatically if I access OWA using the netbios name. If I try to access OWA using the FQDN, I get a username/password dialog box prompt. On the desktops I can use either name and logs on fine. Why is this? Also, when accessing OWA externally I see a web based login screen. I guess this is to do with the "owa forms based" ...

OWA SSL #2
Please Help. As sone as I activate SSL --> OWA stop working. <<Page cannot be displayed>> but if i'm on the server and type https://localhost/exchange --> it is working From client pc or on the exchange server, if I type https://servername/exchange The result is <<Page cannot be displayed>> I have created the SSL certificate -->This certificate is OK as per my CA server I have 2 Exchange servers situated in 2 differents Cities and they are linked by routing groups (connectors) on the same domain. One of them is wroking find with SSL https: + form b...

can owa/fba and rpc http proxy coexist on single server?
My users currently use a mix of OWA and oldschool Outlook 2002 (as well as various IMAP users, etc) for their MUAs, but some of them are starting to sport notebooks with Outlook 2003, so I had recently planned to enable rpc-over-http(s) on my e2k3 server (just a single pokey little box; no separate fe/be), until I read the horror show on Corey Gouker's blog (http://blogs.coreygouker.com/2005/11/11/Getting+OWA+Forms+Based+Authentication+Working+With+RPC+Over+HTTP+Finally.aspx) My question: in light of Gouker's account of the terrors of trying to make these two live side-by-side,...

OWA Change Password Button Disappears
Hi, I have 1 front-end 2003 OWA server connected to various Exchange 2003 back-end servers. I have enabled the Change passowrd button via the registry change, and the creation of the IISadmpwd virtual directory in IIS. This worked fine, and the change passowrd button worked ok. All of a sudden the Change Password button dissapeared from the Option menu in OWA. The registry cahnge and virtual directory is still intact and running. Any ideas on why the OWA Change Password button would just disappear? Thanks I'm assuming you're talking about the following registry key: HKLM\Syst...

OWA launching when user opens a message in Outlook
Weird problem. When a particular user opens a particular message in Outlook, Outlook Web Access opens. What could be causing that? Is there a link in the message they are clicking? What version of outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Exchange ...

Outlook Web Access (OWA) #3
When special characters are used in subject line, get "Page Cannot Be Found" error. This was not the case in previous version of OWA. Does anyone know if Microsoft is aware/fixining this issue? Or if there is a patch or workaround? Ask in an Exchange newsgroup as OWA is part of Exchange; not Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Tom Vaughn" <tvaughn@greyhawk.com> wrote in message news:1e34e01c4552d$1dc474c0$a101280a@phx.gbl... >...

OWA problem #2
Can somebody help with this problem. When using OWA, it does not allow me to reply to emails that I read. When I click reply, it closes out. To reply to emails, I have to copy and paste the address into a new message. How can I fix this problem. Thanks. "Someone" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:038c01c3d957 $6f61ac00$a401280a@phx.gbl: > Can somebody help with this problem. When using OWA, it > does not allow me to reply to emails that I read. When I > click reply, it closes out. To reply to emails, I have to > copy and paste the addres...

OWA
I have a remote user who connects via AOL and then opens IE to connect to OWA. Starting yesterday, she gets promtped for her user name and password, but she can't type anything in either field. She can tab between them, but when she types, nothing comes up on the screen. She says there are no problems inside of AOL. Any ideas? Ask in an Exchange or Internet Explorer newsgroup. OWA is part of Exchange; not Outlook -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "...

OWA contacts list
Most of my users have subfolders with contacts under their main contacts folder in outlook. How do I get those to show in OWA when I try to send an email? They show in Outlook as seperate address books. Also, is there a way in OWA to change the view of address books. Instead of typing the name and doing a find is there a way to just list all the addresses? Thanks Jamie wrote: > Most of my users have subfolders with contacts under their > main contacts folder in outlook. How do I get those to > show in OWA when I try to send an email? They show in > Outlook as seperate add...

OWA+Contacts
Hi Could someone please help. Just began using Exchange 2003 Sp1. Why don't GAL users show up in the contacts folder when using OWA? Am I missing a setting in Server Administrator? Thanks, Jim No, that's just the way it is. Autoresolve will work in a new message, and you can use "find" to find users, but that's about it - and your personal or public folder contacts won't show up in there either. See www.messageware.com if you want an add-in that gives you outlook-style addressing.... Jim Viner wrote: > Hi Could someone please help. Just began using Exchan...

OWA Works in one domain name only
I am having a problem with user accessing OWA. For example users with email addresses that start as XYZ.COM have no problem, but users in the same windows domain, but in email domain ABC.COM Cannot access OWA? I changed their default email address to XYZ.COM and they can access OWA?? Is there something I need to do to allow different email domains to log on the the server You need to create additional HTTP virtual servers to support extra email domains. See 257891 or 293386 -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send em...

server timeout
I am getting frequent server timeouts when Outlook sends and receives mail. I can eventually send and receive all mail if I keep trying. I have the timeout set to 10 minutes in account settings, so it must be the email server that is timing out because Outlook is taking too long. Any suggestions on how to fix this? thanks, Kevin "Kevin" wrote in <news:uh0QNT3tIHA.5168@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>: > I am getting frequent server timeouts when Outlook sends and receives mail. > I can eventually send and receive all mail if I keep trying. I have the > timeout set to ...

I don't want owa not to pass user credentials
I have the following configuration: Runing windows exchange 2003 in a cluster configuration. Also running Active Directory 2003 environment. My problem: I don't want Exchange to pass user credentials to access OWA. What I want is that when a user logs in into active directory as "jdoe" and then he tries to access OWA, he will be prompt for user name and password. How can I achieve this task? I hope I make sense. Thank you in advance for your help. 1. Have user enter the URL like http://server/exchange instead of http://server/exchange/username 2. Set OWA to use basic aut...

OWA Authentication #8
I have SBS 2003 with exchange server I thought I had authentication problems and stupidly started changing the authentication settings in IIS under the exchange node I have now found that the problem was elsewhere and have now sorted it However now I cannot login to OWA Can anyone tell me what the default setting's in IIS are so I can change them back Thanks ...

OWA HELP!
Hello... and sorry about the double post... The E.D. of the organization is having an issue w/ OWA and contacts... Here is the scenario.. - He creates a new email in OWA - He clicks To: - He searches for a contact - NOTHING comes up The contact IS DEF. in his contact list but just doesnt come up during that search... odd... Can anyone help me?? Thanks!! in the "find names in" list, is he selecting his "contacts" folder, or does it say "Global Address List" there...? "Daniel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:178901...

OWA does not display all emails
I have a user who was on vacation since May 9th. She is working through a vpn connection and noticed that her email stopped arriving and that her exchange connection was asking for a password. I walked her through changing the password, and now email is sending and receiving. However, when she logs onto OWA, she has emails prior to May 9th and some emails from me since the password change, but the weeks in between show nothing. When i open outlook, there is mail during that time period. How can I get OWA to sync so that owa and outlook have the same emails in it? Oh, BTW-they are...

OWA Problem #7
I am trying to log onto OWA over our LAN. I have checked the password for my account in server management and have changed it several times, but it still tells me that my password is incorrect. Is there another place for a password that I am not aware of? All others can connect just fine. TIA Scott Scott, there may be many things broken related to authentication. On the surface you're correct, there is only one place but depending on the infrastructure, there are cases where it may not be the case. Please talk to your administrators and attempt to troubleshoot this with thei...

How to redirect http to https with OWA
Can someone explain how to redirect http to https? I have just changed my OWA from http://www.abc.com/exchange to https://www.abc.com/exchange. I would like my users to still be able to type in www.abc.com/exchange and be redirected to the https site. I am running windows 2003 server with Exchange 2003. Much appreciated. You would need to set up a server publishing type rule on your firewall. Such that any traffic to that hostname will automatically redirect to SSL. -- Cheers, Steve Antonio Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, a...

redirecting OWA to a different IIS server
I'm current running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. On this server we run IIS which also hosts our Intranet Server. I have to move our Intranet on to another IIS Server. Our intranet is the default website for all users. ie www.xxx.com.au. At the end if this web link they enter /exchange and it brings up their OWA. Is it possible to redirect the /exchange from my new IIS server easily back to my original IIS server easily? I recommend that you create a link that redirects to your OWA server. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!&q...

REPOST: OWA: "The action can't be performed" when sending email
PLEASE HELP, I HAVE THIS PROBLEM ALREADY TOO LONG! See title. [repost of 29-07-2006:] Further more, I investigated the errors and. Note: I have (for troubleshooting reasons) given mailbox full access from every user to every users mailbox (I inserted the usernames each, giving full access): - every admin (can access and) can send email out of every mailbox - normal users (can access and) can ONLY send mail out of his own mailbox - normal users (can access but) can't send mail out of other user's mailbox It seems like an authentication problem, that does not give 'normal'...

Contact List from OWA
Hello, Using Exchange Server 5.5, all service packs, NT 2000 Server. The client computer is a laptop running XP Pro.... When I log on through OWA, the Address book is different depending on where I physically am logging on from. Logging on from the office LAN gives me one address book and logging on remotely over the 'net gives me another address book. Where do I go to configure the address book? If there a setting in 5.5 of do I do it some how from the client laptop? Thanks, Bill Cincinnati, OH USA Try posting this in an Exchange news group as they will have more information and i...

OWA Delegation Problem
I've set up user A to have delegate permissions to User B's Inbox, Calendar, etc. I have also given full mailbox access rights in AD(exchange advanced tab) to User A for User B. When we try to view UserB's inbox in OWA(using webmail.(server)/exchange/username/inbox) it doesnt work. The catch is that this only happens with this User B. We've been successful with other users, just not that one. Any thoughts on why it would work on other users, but not that one? Thanks, Clint ...

Redirecting http://server to httpS;//server/Exchange in OWA
Is there a detailed guide for how to properly redirct a user pointing to http://owaserver, so that they are automatically redirected to the URL httpS://owaserver/Exchange? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555053/en-us http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/OWA2003Forms-based-Authentication-default-domain.html http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;839357 Nue "Rob Gordon" <Robert.Gordon@nospam.dslextreme.com> wrote in message news:uTePFVxjGHA.4776@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is there a detailed guide for how to properly redirct a user pointing to > ht...

OWA Calendar failing
I have a client running 2003 server and Exchange. Exchange is patched up through the 6.5.7232.34 update (the first post SP1 update I think) but not the SMTP update from 12/4/2004 yet. OWA works fine for everything except when you get into the calendar. It opens the first default view (daily), and at the bottom on the status bar of the IE browser window it just says "Error on page." with the little paper with the yellow triangle and exclimation point on it. If I try to switch to weekly or monthly, it just hangs. I can still go anywhere else in OWA and it works fine, so the entire br...