OWA - no text field

OWA text field is always 'grayed out' - on new messages
and replies.  Small "x" button in upper left of text field
seems to have no functionality.  Subject field is OK.
0
anonymous (74722)

Bummer - do you have a question? If yes, then try asking it in an Exchange
news group as Outlook Web Access is a function of Exchange, not Outlook.
Microsoft.public.exchange.admin is a good place to start.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, pplguy asked:

| OWA text field is always 'grayed out' - on new messages
| and replies.  Small "x" button in upper left of text field
| seems to have no functionality.  Subject field is OK.

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Shrinking Text
Hi everybody, in our Office (Word) 2007 application, WTS 2008x64, the following happens (for some - not all- users): A text is written and formatted normally and without any problems. The document shall be printed. After the printjob is executed, the chracters of the text lines are compressed to only a few millimeters in width. The font height remains normal. Nothing is legible. This now ocurs on the printed doc as well as on the screen. After the doc is saved and opened in a different session, everything is OK and works well... What can I do? As always, every help and ...

Default font for pasted text in text boxes
I am having a problem with text boxes in Excel 2007. When I copy text (in Arial font) and paste it in the same text box, it appears as Calibri. I would like it to appear as Arial, just as it was when I copied it. I followed the directions for setting default font in new workbooks to Arial, and I have this problem even in text boxes within new workbooks. I do not have the problem outside of text boxes within new workbooks. I also followed the directions for setting default text box style, and new text boxes have Arial as their default font, as they should. However, when I ...

Text encoding
When I save a document in the text format, I get a box that asks several questions: Text encoding with three options, and then Insert line breaks?, and allow character substitution? What does this all mean? Old Man wrote: > When I save a document in the text format, I get a box that asks > several questions: Text encoding with three options, and then Insert > line breaks?, and allow character substitution? > What does this all mean? The text encoding options control how the characters in the document are translated to numeric values stored in the file. For almost a...

Blinking Text
I want to know the method, how do I get text blink in a excel sheet. You have to use a macro to do that in Excel. This link explains how: http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/BlinkingText.aspx If you are new to macros, this link to Jon Peltier's site may be helpful: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/03/09/how-to-use-someone-elses-macro/ Hope this helps, Hutch "Suresh Lohar" wrote: > I want to know the method, how do I get text blink in a excel sheet. Just to follow up on Tom's message... be sure to read the Summary section at the bottom of the webpage...

Centering text on a page
Is there a way to center text automatically in a row across the top of the page without having to pick a column that is close to center, then using the space bar to find the exact midpoint? Thnxs Hi Justin! Select the cells across your page Format > Cells > Alignment Place check in "Merge cells" Horizontal and Vertical drop downs should be set at Center OK There is a standard toolbar button for this. Use: View > Toolbars > Customize Look under Format for the Merge and Center button Click and drag it to your toolbar. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, A...

Query fields
Is it possible to write a criteria where the value of an empty field is "0.00"? Background: I have three queries with different customer account groups. Not every salesperson has customer accounts in every accountgroup - so, he will not shown up in that query. But he has accounts included in another query. Now, I would like to get a sum of commission earned by each salesman calculated from all three queries together. Since the salesman has no record in one query the total sum of that specific salesman is not shown. Any idea how to solve that problem? Thanks Klaus On Wed, 29 A...

Securing OWA
Is there is step by step article on securing OWA 2003? TIA Here are a few to start with: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;234022 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320291 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823024 http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/SSL_Enabling_OWA_2003.html http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299525 "Kelly" wrote: > Is there is step by step article on securing OWA 2003? > > TIA > ...

IE 7 and OWA to Exchange 2003
I installed the patch that solves the crash problem when sending a new message through OWA using IE 7. I restarted the machine but it didn't solve the problem. I still can't send mails. We're using Exchange 2003 standard with SP2 on Windows 2003 R2. Any thoughts ? Haim Beyhan "Haim Beyhan" <haimb@enigma.com> wrote: >I installed the patch that solves the crash problem when sending a new >message through OWA using IE 7. I restarted the machine but it didn't solve >the problem. I still can't send mails. >We're using Exchange 2003 sta...

Can't send from OWA
Hello all, I have an 03 Exchange environment and am using the forms based authentication through an ISA 04 server for my OWA. I have a number of employees that work around the world and use OWA in order to access their e-mail. I have received reports of problems from a few of these individuals when trying to send an e-mail. They are able to successfully login to OWA but when they generate a new mail message, they receive the following error. 'Check Names.. Web Page Dialog Microsoft Outlook Web Access does not recognize "user@domain.com" Do you want to Delete this recipi...

OWA Error for http links
links inside a message body always generate an asp redirect code that does not execute at all thus giving an http 500 error - page not found. Example on a link to http://www.nightlight.org within a mail body. http://orange/exchweb/bin/redir.asp? URL=http://www.nightlight.org/ Exchange Server 2003 running on Server 2000 SP4 PLease help. ...

View as web page in OWA
in OWA 2002, i remember there is a feature "View as web page" on the right side of the email. in OWA 2003, after open the received email, such feature no longer there. Anyway to enable this feature? ...

OWA Exch 2003 Not Working
I am running Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003. I am trying to acces OWA and when I do, it says that the page is under maintenance. I have tried to do http://127.0.0.1/Exchange and also http://servername/Exchange and I get the same message. Did OWA not install right. On 14 Mar, 13:01, Jeff <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am running Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003. I am trying to acces OWA and > when I do, it says that the page is under maintenance. I have tried to dohttp://127.0.0.1/Exchangeand alsohttp://servername/Exchangeand I get the > same message. Did OWA no...

Change of field separator
When I open CSV files in Excel all data is put in one column. Can anyone tell me, where I change my set up, so I get another field separator? Please be specific, because my Excel is a Danish version, and sometimes I have a hard time following the English instructions. Thanks! Jane Hi you specify this in the Windows regional settings. Another idea: - rename your *.csv file to a *.txt file - now open it with excel. The Import wizard should appear and should allow you to specify a different delimiter "Janepige" wrote: > When I open CSV files in Excel all data is put in one co...

Zero filling a number field
I have an auto number field that I want to zero fill to six digits but can't figure out how. Any ideas? You don''t say where you're trying to do this, but basically Format(YourAutoNumber, "000000") pdlginternet@aol.com wrote: >I have an auto number field that I want to zero fill to six digits but >can't figure out how. Any ideas? -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200711/1 You can't do that wi...

Text Effects Scrolling or Blinking text
How do apply the scroll or blinking feature to text that you want to emphasize in a word document. Prior to MS2007 there was a feature on the fonts tab that allowed a user to apply the following features to text "marching ants, blinking text, scrolling marquee, etc. I cannot find the any of these features anywhere in Word 2007. "HELP" There is no direct access to them, but they are still available by macro I posted the following macro recently, for use in Word 2007 Sub AnimateFont() Dim sAnimation As String If Len(Selection.Range) = 0 Then MsgBox "...

Ordering by number and text
I use a report to print out checklists that in the detail section have item number to delineate each checklist item. The item numbers as an example are 1-1, 1-2, 1-2a, 1-2b, or 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 2-3a, 2-3b and so on. The report is grouped by checklist section and the grouping works perfectly but when the report is printed the item numbers are ordered in this order 1-1, 1-10, 1-11, 1-2, 1-3, 1-3a, 1-3b, 1-4, 1-5, 1-6, 1-7, 1-9. Obviously I want the the order to be in proper numerical sequence where 1-10 comes after 1-9. but even replacing the '-' with a decimal point doesn't ...

Spiral text
Does anyone know how to create spiral text? In a draw program for sure. You probably can get close in Publisher, but it will not look as good as a draw program can do. Serif has a free program you can try. DrawPlus http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jaykay" <jaykay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71954A65-C46F-4005-9553-B324EFEE7500@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to create spiral text? I've downloaded the program, but can't figur...

How do text capture tools work?
Here are two examples of this technology. http://www.textcapture.com/en/default.html http://www.deskperience.com/textcapture/ Sounds like they will have to involve OCR, which works fine for standard fonts but probably won't work with fancy fonts. Key here is to test them try a static control with a TextOut and change the fonts and see what happens. joe On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:02:04 -0500, "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote: >Here are two examples of this technology. > > http://www.textcapture.com/en/default.html > http://www.deskp...

Annoying problem with lookup field
On a client, I have a MOSS 2007 portal with two lists which are not wroking as expected. One contains people and the other one contains a lookup field based on data from the first list. When someone which hasn't got administrative rights logs in and tries to see the properties of any element in the second list (on DispForm.aspx), they can't see the lookup field value, and if they try to edit the element, the dropdown control used to choose a person from the first list appears empty. Administrator don't have this problem. The users having the problem have collaboration rig...

Finding characters within a text
Hi How to check, using single formula, that a text within a certain cell contains one of certain characters? For instance, how to check if there is a 'R', 'L' or 'Ps' character within cell A1 that reads 'W-RII'. Thanks in advance Hmm..not very elegant, but maybe =NOT(AND(ISERROR(FIND("R",A1)),ISERROR(FIND("L",A1)),ISERROR(FIND("P",A1)))) Returns TRUE if the text in A1 contains 'R', 'L' or 'Ps' . FIND is case-sensitive, use SEARCH if you also want to find lower-case characters. Cheers, Joerg Mochiku...

OWA #46
Sir, In Exchange 2003, Un able to access particular user mailbox using OWA. For other OWA login is working. it shows http 500 error for particular user. how to resolve this problem Thanks and regards Sathish Kumar nair ...

Email Text Dissappears when Save
When we save email messages (as a draft) the text dissappears, even when th I use my administrator account. Anybody have any idea what that is happening. ...

Converting number to text

OWA Premium Client Not Displaying Correctly
Hello, I wonder whether anyone has seen this problem before because i would really appreciate any help on this one please. I have six Exchange 2003 servers in my organisation and there are two Exchange servers in three sites. Four of the Exchange servers are running Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003 [With Exchange SP1]. The front-end server is running Windows Server 2003 SP1 and Exchange Server 2003 SP2. Users with mailboxes on those four Back-End Exchange servers do not have any problems using OWA. The two Exchange servers on my site are using Windows Server 2003 SP1 with Exc...