OWA doesnt display inbox items when clicked on.

I work for a private school, so money isn't flowing endlessly for out
IT department. Having said that, we are still using exchange 5.5 (quite
comfotably and securely actually).

The version of OWA with 5.5 works great for about 95% of my faculty
members. However, for a few, they can login to OWA fine and see thier
inbox items fine, but when they click on those items to read them, a
box appears on screen for a split second, then disappears.

It is almost as if their built in pop-up blocker is running, but even
disabling that doesnt fix this problem.

Any suggestions?
thanks in advance
jazz mann

0
jbraly (36)

Try posting this in an Exchange group as Outlook Web Access is a part of
Exchange, not Outlook, despite the name.  You will probably get a faster and
more expert answer from the experts with Exchange server experience.

microsoft.public.exchange.admin is a good place to start.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, jbraly@gmail.com asked:

| I work for a private school, so money isn't flowing endlessly for out
| IT department. Having said that, we are still using exchange 5.5
| (quite comfotably and securely actually).
|
| The version of OWA with 5.5 works great for about 95% of my faculty
| members. However, for a few, they can login to OWA fine and see thier
| inbox items fine, but when they click on those items to read them, a
| box appears on screen for a split second, then disappears.
|
| It is almost as if their built in pop-up blocker is running, but even
| disabling that doesnt fix this problem.
|
| Any suggestions?
| thanks in advance
| jazz mann

0
MillyS (3228)

adding a new item to existing matrix in rms 2.0
how come when you add an item to an existhing matrix non of the information is being forward from the main matrix (ex. supplier, price, cost, reorder #, barcode format, etc.) even the size, color, and 3rd dimention that you entered to the new item is not being fowarded. what is going on with 2.0 thank jack I think the Matrix is still is a little buggy.. Get all hotfixed up and see if the helps. There have been 3 for 2.0 hotfixes already. "jack" <jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45CB84DE-B9B1-4DAC-9043-D8120CB44472@microsoft.com... > how come...

Display As = File as & (address in parens)
I just moved all my contacts into a new .pst file (I'm using OL 2003) and something changed. I USED TO have "Display As" show only the person's name, and not the person's name PLUS the email address in parens as the default does. In other words, default would show "JOHN SMITH (johnsmith@aol.com)". But when I created all those entries, I changed them to show only "JOHN SMITH". In my new file, Outlook has changed all my "Display As" entries to the default: name AND email address. It's not how I want it, so I'm hoping there'...

item look up #3
a customer is having an issue. he scans an item in the pos screen and all details show up. but when he tries to look for it later he cant find it. hes tried it in manager too. he would usse name, or barcode, or anything and still nothing. do we know what the problem is? Thanks If the item is set as inactive (in the item properties) it will not show up in the Find screen, but will scan in at the POS. You can turn off the find option, but I think it is easier to use one of the SOM reports to find the item, such as the price report. The item will show up in any report that includes it as...

Using Matrix Items
Someone...want to tell me how or if I can default which item is first (selected) when a matrix item is scanned? Is there a way to set this up? -- Thank You Vince :) What are the dimensions you use? Rob "Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message news:E001F1F0-3002-4E1B-8E75-8E62FC6EC01C@microsoft.com... > Someone...want to tell me how or if I can default which item is first > (selected) when a matrix item is scanned? Is there a way to set this up? > -- > Thank You > Vince :) Using Lot Matrix, what I have is a six pack of coke or a sin...

SBS 2008 Fax Sent Items Not showing all faxes sent
Hello, I need to allow sent faxes to be seen by all users. I have Windows XP and Windows 7 64bit client machines. Currently they can only see their sent faxes. In SBS 2003 they were able to see all sent faxes. Any suggestions? Could you create an Outlook rule based on the fax sent acknowledgement that copied the fax to a public folder? "RodSoh" <RodSoh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4541A0E-18C2-4A83-A13D-8E7D045C29E8@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I need to allow sent faxes to be seen by all users. I have Windows XP...

I don't have 'as items arrive' option
I have the 5 minute synch option, which works great. But I do not have the 'as items arrive' option. Yes, I am running a MSFP version, I checked the build. Man I am so close to gettting this to work. Please help. Thanks, On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 12:42:00 -0700, MidMOman <MidMOman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have the 5 minute synch option, which works great. >But I do not have the 'as items arrive' option. >Yes, I am running a MSFP version, I checked the build. >Man I am so close to gettting this to work. > >Please help. Thanks, You are either mist...

Money 2006 Investment Account balance display
I have two Investment Accounts (401k) in Money 2006 Deluxe. For some reason, Money stopped displaying the account totals on the Account List page. It used to show the account balances and the subtotal for all of my investment accounts. Additionally, I now notice that each account now has a second account with the same name, but has the word "Contributions" added in parenthesis. This seems to be new as well. The data in the accounts still seems alright. My investment subtotal on the Account list page shows a zero balance and there is no balance listed for the accounts the...

entering multiple costs for an item
I am very new to Retail Management, and am trying to enter inventory, and create a purchase order. I can't figure out how to enter various costs for the same item from the same supplier. For example, when we purchase in lots of 50 pcs., the item cost is .50 per item (total cost of 25.00). However, if we purchase in lots of 100 pcs, the item cost is .47 per item (total cost of 47.00). We can also purchase the item in boxes of 10 (5.50 per box for a cost of .55 per item). How can I enter these costs so when I place a purchase order, the cost will be correct according to the quant...

EXCH2003 - OWA
In our organization, we have a master contact list as Contacts in our public folders. In OWA we can see and get access to those contacts, but when you double-click on a contact card, the button to send email to this contact is grey-ed out. The contacts associated with my mailbox has that option available. any thoughts???? ???????? ...

Determine Which Button was Right-Clicked?
All, I am using the code below (started from a sample from one of these groups) to programmatically create a series of buttons in a vertical strip on a form on Form Open. I have a context menu which appears when the user right-clicks any button on the form. How do I "tell" the context menu (really a function on the context menu) which button was right-clicked? I know how to get button attributes when the user left-clicks...but that's not what I need... Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Patrick Code::: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ...

Combined view of inboxes. How?
Hi all, I just came back to outlook after years. I'm testing the 2010 beta and god, I'm impressed. One thing though I would like but can't achive; In the favoutites pane, you can set up favourite inbox so you can have a quick glance at what's going on on your favourite account. Great, but I would like to be able to have all inboxes in that place. To be specific, I want all the folders etc as they are now but want to be able to preview all incoming mail from many accounts by clicking just one button. I don't want it to move and merge emails from many inboxes ...

Auditing Mailbox item access
Don't ask me why I am asking, you don't want to know....but Is it possible to monitor and log access not only to a mailbox, but actually to individual items within the mailbox and be able to trace it back to the specific item and user who accessed it? I am aware of the ability to log when a non-primary account logs into a mailbox, but that is not granular enough for the scenario I need to look into. The powers that be want to be able to see not only who accessed a particular mailbox, but actually who accessed a particular message within that mailbox. Just wanted to know if...

only administrators can logon into OWA
About: Win2003 and Exchange2003 I know that there were already several posts concerning this issue, but I couldn't find a working solution; perhaps my issue doesn't fit the existing ones. First I had the "Loading" screen after login (any user) but it was a SSL problem and now it's fixed. Now OWA works but only for the Administrators group members; if I add any user to this group, immediately he is able to look his mail via OWA and if I remove him not. I tried to grant "log on locally" on the DC/Exchange Server, but it doesn't work. The SMTP serviced by ...

Expanding Hierarchy on click
Hi, I�d like to use Visio to display a hierarchy, and it should be able to expand or reduce on double-click, just like Windows-Explorer does with the filesystem. Is that possible? And if, where can I start, are there any examples or ideas? Thanks a lot, Elke Hi Elke This isnt easy to achieve as Visio has no simple built-in functionality of this sort. You can do this via VBA code though by setting the child shapes on a hidden layer. When the double-click event is detected, show the hidden layer and connect the parent and child shapes with a connector. A sample solution would be the Orga...

Outlook 2000
I'm having a strange Outlook issue and cannot figure it out for the life of me. Our mail server is Exchange 5.5 (can't recall the SP right now), and the Client is Outlook 2000 SR-1. The user can view his primary email box without any troubles, but also has access to another Exchange email box. He can view every folder in it except the Sent Items. The error it returns is "Unable to display the folder". What's strange is he can view the subfolder in Sent Items, no problem. I've configured his email on a different PC, and everything shows up fine, so I know ...

Click on a Pie Chart
Hi, I'm pretty sure this isn't possible but..... I've been asked if it's possible to click (or double click) on a slice of a pie chart and jump to the data it represents (the same as you can in a pivot table). Many thanks Paul I can't speak for 2007, but I recall a few years ago I was looking at making a pie chart clickable to "drill down" in 2003, updating the pie chart to show the component measures of the wedge that was clicked on. It appeared to be possible using VBA, but then the project was terminated before it really started. I can&#...

Can't view OWA internally
I am unable to view the OWA internally unless I VPN to someone then I can view it. Externally I can view it just fine. Any ideas would be appreciated. How are you attempting to access OWA internally? Are you typing http://servername/exchange, or are you typing a name that has been registered in external DNS? What do you mean when you say you VPN to someone and then view it? You shouldn't need to VPN to anything if you are attached to the same physical network that your Exchange server is on. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Kyle S" <KyleS@discussions.micr...

Add items to SupplierList
I just imported a new catalog of items to our database using EMS import, were newly insterted and some were updated. The problem I'm having is getting the supplier cost to update for the items that were in already and adding the new items to the supplierlist table. I imported the SupplierID to the Item table just can't figure out the query to go the other way updating and adding new. Any help would be great. You need to use T-SQL in the management studio. Use an InnerJoin of the supplier id to the item id and set the cost to = supplier cost if it is the most recent. "Do...

getting consolidate list of "follow up" items
Dear All, I would like to get a consolidated list of items (sent and received mails)that have matured - i.e. whose follow up time is up. I have the habit of tagging a sent mail (after actually sending) for follow up. Similarly, mails received are also tagged for my further action (for follow up). Would appreciate a consolidated follow up report generation way - rather that opening each folder and looking for mature items (i.e. red). Thanks in advance. Sanjay ...

401k Tracking Without Itemized Details
My 401k does not give me an itemized listing of investments. Instead it lists them by investment type as follows. Type Shares Price Market Value Company Owned Stock 1000 65 65000 Equity Units 150 300 45000 Common Assets 250 1 250 I do know what the company owned stock is given it is who I work for. With each quarterly statement it updates the inform...

Embedded Pictures received from Others do not display in outlook.
I recently switched to Outlook from Outlook Express. When e-mails are received with embedded pictures, they display properly in Outlook Express but do not display at all in Outlook. Is this related to a security setting in Outlook that I can change to allow these pictures to be displayed? PLEASE HELP!!!! Jim <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently switched to Outlook from Outlook Express. When e-mails are > received with embedded pictures, they display properly in Outlook > Express but do not display at all in Outlook. > > Is this related to a securi...

Footnote text cannot be entered without mouse click
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Normally adding a footnote number automatically adds that number to the bottom of the page. A blinking text entry indicator normally allows me to enter the footnote text without any additional step. <br><br>However, today I wanted to add a footnote number after a word, and although the corresponding number correctly appears at the bottom of the page, and the blinking text entry indicator also appears ready to allow entering footnote text, yet when I try to type, nothing is entered. I must resort to ...

MDI App will no longer open file by double clicking associated filetype
OK, I had an app which was originally based upon an MDI app. It has been 'modded' to add various functionalities with code from www.codeguru.com and www.codeproject.com. Unfortunately, I just recently noticed that the ability to double click on the associated filetype (from a folder, desktop, etc) now no longer works. Instead, I get a messagebox: Title: (pathname of file) Message: Windows cannot find '(pathname of file).' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search. This is on Windows XP. ...

Add cell value with mouse click
I want to create a counter, so that every time I click in a certain cell it takes the existing number and adds "1" to it. Is there any way to do this? I'm compiling statistical information, and need to get cumulative counts in various categories as I sort through the data. Hi! Maybe you can use a spinner button for this. Right click any toolbar then select Forms. Click on the spinner button ( it looks like an up arrow on top of a down arrow). Place it near the cell you want increment. Once you have it placed and sized right click on it and select Format Control. Fill in ...

Changing icon for list item
Hi all, I would like to change the icon for the first column of the list control in report view. Right now, the method I used is remove the LVITEM at that location and reinsert at the exact same place with a different icon. I know this is not efficient compared to directly changing the icon. I had tried GetItem adn SetItem but even though i specified a different icon using the index into the imagelist, it still won't change. Could someone please enblighten me on this? thank you very much. Hallo Lonewolf! > I would like to change the icon for the first column of the list &...