OWA doesn't recognize distribution lists

Hi,

I'm running SBS 2003 and Outlook 2003.

From Outlook Web Access I can create distribution lists,
but cannot see or search for them in my contacts or
global address book once they are saved.  I CAN see and
search successfully for individual contacts.

I can type the distribution list name in the "To:" field
of a new email message and it sends fine, but only if I
have the name written exactly perfect as it can't find
the distribution lists in the contacts folder.  OWA
doesn't underline the list name or confirm in any way
that it's found the list in my contacts.  This will be a
problem once I have so many address lists that I can't
remember exactly the name of each one.

HOWEVER:
I created a distribution list in Outlook called TESTLIST.
If I'm in OWA and click on New->Distribution List and put
only T (or the first few letters of "TESTLIST") into
the "Listname:" field and then click the "send mail to
list" icon on the same window, the CHECK NAMES dialogue
box opens and says "Microsoft OWA found more than one T"
and below that is anyone in my contact list with a "T" in
their name/email.  INTERESTINGLY, TESTLIST IS PRESENT IN
THIS WINDOW.

Everything seems to work as it should from Outlook
directly on my network.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jeff
0
tebbens (1)

Outlook 2003 Global Address List
Hi, I have a couple of issues with the Outlook 2003 Global Address List: Firstly, the list appears not to be 'Global' as it appears to be different on some PCs to that listed in Exchange 2003 on the server. It may or may not be part of the same problem, but there doesn't seem to be any roll-out of changes either. Secondly, I've managed to add one new user to an 'all users' mailgroup, but unlike previous occasions, I haven't been able to add this user to the Exchange 2003 Address List. Please help! Thankyou very much. Keith Is Outlook 2003 configured for ...

How can I delete a list from a column?
Hello all -Excel 2003- I have a column L that call a list. When I want to insert a new column in M, this M columns takes also the list of L. I have now the same list in L and M. How can I delete the list from M? Thanks a lot. Select the column and Edit>Clear>Contents. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:20:51 +0200, "Casrlos A." <carlin334@msn.com> wrote: >Hello all -Excel 2003- > >I have a column L that call a list. When I want to insert a new column in >M, this M columns takes also the list of L. >I have now the same list in L a...

problem in OWA
I have installed two exchange 2003 on pcs in Front end & back end topology, But whenever i send message through OWA, i get error message " forbidden " from internet explorer, i have checked everything ,& iam able to send mail through otlook ,this is happening to all users please note that I only get "forbidden" message with no error code Please provide solutions, Thanks in advance, Regards, Pritam T Have you by chance used IISLockdown or URLScan tools? pritz wrote: > I have installed two exchange 2003 on pcs in Front end & back end > topology, But when...

Investment account not in transaction list
I'm using Money 2001 and I've created a new investment account. Yet when I try to add a transaction to it, the drop-down list of investment accounts does not include the new one. Yet everywhere else in Money (account list, etc) the new account does appear. What gives? Any ideas? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, "AH UK user" <AH UK user@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm using Money 2001 and I've created a new investment account. Yet when I >try to add a transaction to it, the drop-down list of investment accounts >does not include the new ...

Assembling Visual Studio generated listing files
I need to modify and assemble the assmelber listing files generated from the VS 2005 IDE. A test generated listing file did not assmeble 'as is'. Has any tried this? It seems to me the listing file should assemble. I hope there is some sane reason that would explain the need to do this. Shades of running 'sed' scripts on the output of the PDP-11 C compiler to create the Unix kernel! Since you do not explain what is meant by "did not assemble" it is hard to guess where the problem is. joe On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 10:50:57 -0800 (PST), TahoeKid <rfdunn@hotmail.c...

OWA in SBS2003
Can anybody tell me step by step cofiguration of outlook web access in SBS 2003 & can i add Front End server in SBS 2003 On 1 Oct 2005 11:32:00 -0700, pankuverma@gmail.com wrote: >Can anybody tell me step by step cofiguration of outlook web access in >SBS 2003 >& can i add Front End server in SBS 2003 There are some articles at: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/search.asp?query=OWA#TUT for various levels. Take a look at them and configure appropriately. Using the Form Based Authentication is the preferred solution because it gives a good web page logon rather than a popup ...

Asus P5E SupremeFX II Audio Card not recognized.
WARNING! SPECS AT THE BOTTOM!!! Having trouble with Windows 7 32-bit, previously installed over a 64bit version ( formatted partition & install ) because I wanted an english version of Windows7. Just bought this new quad core computer, all happy and everything about it, suddently, the sound card starts jamming, the soundmax software to, after reboot, it could not detect any audio output or something, leaving the volume control icon with a red X on it. So I just decided what the hell since it was a french version, LET'S FORMAT! Install went seamless, no issues, now arr...

OWA error #3
I have select Users receiving the following error when accessing OWA: HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized The error only occurs on a few Users. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=327843 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:043e01c42482$46e0c2e0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have select Users receiving the following error when > accessing OWA: > HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized > > The error only occurs on a few ...

Global Address List Missing (Sometimes)
Ok, I am going to try and be as detailed as possible, but this is my second day on the job here. Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP2, both are updated. The server is on site with the DC. Primary is a Win2k server and the backup is a Win2k3 server. The problem is that when clients are using Outlook 2003 or 2000, sometimes the GAL will not appear, resulting in them not being able to send internal corporate emails, unless of course they type out the full email address. But the problem seems to fluctuate, sometimes the GAL is listed and other times it is not, even within the same Outlo...

Dynamic "Numbered List"
How Can I update my numbered list (S.No) after Filtering the list? Like: 1. A 2. B 3. C 4. D After filter..... 1. A 2. B 3. D [C Filtered] Any Idea to get the result. Regards, Murtaza hi, Murtaza ! > ... update my numbered list (S.No) after Filtering the list? > Like: > 1. A > 2. B > 3. C > 4. D > After filter..... > 1. A > 2. B > 3. D [C Filtered] assuming [B2] as the first cell [in filtered-column]... try with subtotal-offset approach [by Laurent Longre] and copy-down... a) array-entered: {ctrl}+...

Fast way to re-assign large list of leads?
Hello; We have a list of leads from a marketing list (about 1,200) that got imported and assigned to the wrong user. Is there any fast way to assign all 1,200 of those leads to a different CRM user? I've been trying to go through 100 at a time, but it's taking forever :( Sincerely, Todd M. Taylor Only way is to write your own app using the SDK. I'd suggest keep doing 100 at time,...thats just 12 times! You'll spend far more time writing that app (unless you have significant experience with the CRM SDK) -Gary "Todd M. Taylor" <flygtiguy@NOSPAMhotmail.c...

2003 rule doesn't recognize contacts
New computer made me have to do new installation. I was successful in opening my outlook.pst that I copied from old computer. I see my mail including all my folders, and I see my contacts. The rules didn't transfer which I kinda understand. However, when trying to make new rules, I'm running into a problem. I did a right click on a messsage in my inbox from abc123@domain.com and chose to make a rule. I make the rule to move messages from abc123@domain.com to a specific folder, and then run it. But the messages don't move. When I go to edit the rule, I get to a point that says "...

Unable to Open URL which has long list of validationd or conditions
Hi This is prabhu here i have an issue with openeing an URL in Excel. tried is using Open workbook command (Works with small url) but not with long url if some one can help me with is, Would be great and super help to me in acheving my projects. looking for the help thanks Prabhu EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

Global Address List Members in Excel Spreadsheet
Is there a way for me to transfer the members of a global address list to an Excel spreadsheet? Thanks! Indirectly check out http://www.slipstick.com/exs/portagal.htm for a method "Wendy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c4201c3daa3$e8b36060$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way for me to transfer the members of a global > address list to an Excel spreadsheet? Thanks! ...

Multi Select List Not Working
The following code works perfectly for a multi select list. I've used it for several years on many applications. I'm encountering a strange error however on this code that takes criteria from three different lists and enters the data into a query. The first two list's criteria work fine but the third list has a strange quirk. Here's what it is doing. Let's say the third list has choices, 1,2,3,4,5,6. If I choose 3,4,5 in the list and run the code, it returns 1,4,5. If I choose 2,4,5,6 the code returns 1,4,5,6. It always returns the first value in my list wh...

OWA Redirect
OWA is working fine in my exchange environment. I have 1 to 1 static nat translation through the firewall to the exchange server private IP. I can access from internal and external without any issues. I have a registered DNS name of wemail.domainx.com. I want to be able to have remote users open an internet browser and simply type the DNS name that points to my exchange server and get the auth prompt. I do not want the users to have to type the "/exchange" after the DNS name. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Dave David Here is a link that explains h...

Blank lines uneven distribution
I used Duane Hookom's OnPage event to add extra lines at the end of my report. Even though I'm still an ameteur at this and don't understand how it works it does what I need it to do. Each page requires a Page header and footer and 21 lines of detail with a boarder for each textbox and blank lines on the last page even if there is no detail. The program does the job but for each line when there is data, the text gets lower and lower in the box. Is there a way to ensure that the text appears in the same place within the borders on each line printed? Private Sub ...

Prompted twice for OWA authentication
I just added an Exchange 2007 server to an Exchange 2003 organizations. When I try to connect to Exchange 2007 OWA as a user who has a mailbox on the Exchange 2007 server, I get prompted for authentication twice. I get authenticated once before I get the Exchange 2007 OWA authentication homepage. Anyway to eliminate the first authentication. This a default installation. Nothing has been customized yet. ...

Distribution list #9
My company has a number of distribution groups. We are running Exchange 2003. I would like to only make the distribution group available from the inside. Is this possible? Thanks, Patrick yes...on the Exchange General tab of the group, select "from authenticated users only" in the "accept messages" section... "Patrick Adkinson" <padkinson@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0b2c01c49cc7$2228f130$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My company has a number of distribution groups. We are > running Exchange 2003. I would like to only make the > distribution...

Distribution list no longer showing up
We recently migrated from Exchange 2k to Exchange 2003, everything seem to run pretty smoothly from the migration, but now the Distribution Lists from AD are not showing up in our Outlook2003 clients. All the users show up fine, just not the DLs created in the AD. The funny thing is that when sending an email, I'll type a particular DL, (companyX-clerks) in the TO field, and it will recognize it and complete it for me, then I'll hit send and it goes to all users in that group. But yet, the DLs is not showing up at all. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

alphabetize list
How do you sort/alphabetize a list in publisher 2002? Thanks Suzanne Hi sbrimley (sbrimley@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || How do you sort/alphabetize a list in publisher 2002? || Thanks Suzanne You need to bring it in to Excel and sort, then put back in Publisher. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. How weird I would have thought that would have been a standard function. Thanks for you help, I will stopping searching f...

Converting text and listnum fields to multi-level lists
I have many documents with numbered paragraphs. They use a mixture of text, listnum fields and multi-level lists to achieve the numbering. How can I convert them all to multi-level lists using VBA? ...

Excel Shopping List
Can any tell me where I can get a working copy of an Excel Shopping List please? What I require is an Excel spreadsheet where I can manually input (and save) what I regularly buy from my local Supermarket over the year and have the facility to select (possible via a check box) and print only the items I require for that week. Ideally there should also be the facility to input the quantity required. Any help would be greatly appreciated Many Thanks Rob -- robertguy 44 Married two kids ------------------------------------------------------------------------ robertguy's Profile...

Handling Multiple Marketing Lists
Hello; We are attempting to import mulitple marketing lists into CRM, and it would be *nice* to be able to keep each list seperate rather than importing them all into the Leads section as one big, monster pile ;D Is this possible? Has anyone figured-out a way to keep multiple marketing lists? Sincerely, Todd M. Taylor Sounds like you are simply trying to break them down. One example would be if you had multiple marketing campaigns. You want a way to show that each lead was assigned to each campaign. One way would be to add a drop down picklist with a list of campaigns etc so even though...

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1