OWA connection problem #2

I have a SBS2k3 R2 server with one nic behind a hardware firewall. Can
anyone tell me which ports to open/forward on the firewall to allow Outlook
Web Access?

Any and all help appreciated.

This message has been checked for all known viruses.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential
and may be the subject of legal, professional or other privilege.  It is
intended for the named addressee only and may not be disclosed to any other
parties without the prior permission of the originator.

0
nospam4062 (39)

"Alan C" <nospam@noisp.com> wrote in message
>I have a SBS2k3 R2 server with one nic behind a hardware firewall. Can
>anyone tell me which ports to open/forward on the firewall to allow Outlook
>Web Access?
>
> Any and all help appreciated.

https or in other words port 443

0
err1 (1)
4/27/2007 11:50:48 AM
Many thanks, thought it was more complex!

"ZFORCE" <err@no.ok> wrote in message

> "Alan C" <nospam@noisp.com> wrote in message
>>I have a SBS2k3 R2 server with one nic behind a hardware firewall. Can
>>anyone tell me which ports to open/forward on the firewall to allow
>>Outlook Web Access?
>>
>> Any and all help appreciated.
>>

> https or in other words port 443

0
nospam4062 (39)

Front End Exchange 2003 OWA for a Back end 2000
Hey everybody, At the minute we're in the process of upgrading our 30 odd servers to Windows Server 2003. The Domain Controllers are still running Windows 2000. My question is : Can I install an Exchange 2003 OWA on a Windows Server 2003 to connect to an Exchange 2000 Server in a Windows 2000 Domain (Native Mode) Do I have to upgrade the whole domain first ? What about notions of Front End / Back End ? We would like to do this to benefit from the new OWA (As it's sooooo cool :)) Thanks for your replies, Mike You can use an E2K3 FE to connecto to an E2K BE, but you only get OW...

NESTED IF STATEMENTS #2
Having a little problem in an excel class, hoping someone might be able to help. I'm trying to fill in the discount column on a spreadsheet with the following info. The problem states use a nested form of the IF function to calculate 15% if Amount is greater that $300., 10% if Amount is greater than $100., and 0% if Amount is less than $100. The Amount column is cell D5. Anyone know how to write the formula and explain how to go about it? Any help would be much appreciated. Let's see. This is homework so you should come up with the answer yourself. Did you start by looking in the he...

Multiple PST Files #2

lost menu bar #2
HELP!!! The main menu bar is missing off my excel sheet and I can't seem to find anyone to help me get it back. The menu I am missing is the one that includes - File, Edit, Insert and etc. I have tried...right clicking - customize - toolbars, but I don't seem to have the needed item. Anyone with suggestions - please reply... Thanks. Hi if you right-click on the menu bar you should see an item like 'General'. Check this item -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany JoEllen OSBDC wrote: > HELP!!! The main menu bar is missing off my excel sheet > and I can't s...

Changing Interface OWA (exchange 2003)

Problem with systemstate backup with DPM 2010
Hi! We running DPM 2010RC on a Windows 2008 R2 The Protected computer is: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Server 2003, Standard Edition 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2 Build 3790 When we installed the DPM agent the first backup of system state was successfully, so we have one restore point. But further backups in failing, the system state backup is in status “replica is inconsistent” and when I running a consistent check the job failing. In the error in DPM is: The replica of System Protection Computer\System Protection on sea0700smon1.xxxx.local is inconsistent with the protected data so...

Questiontest-outlookwebservices problem
hi all and thanks for the support. i'm facing a problem with test.outlookwebservices. notice that oulook side everything seems to be pretty good: the autodiscovery and auto-configuration of the account succeedes, the test email autoconfiguration suceedes too. when i launch the test, once it suceedes for certain services and after a while it fails for those services and suceedes for other. look the prints: here are failing the RPC tests Message : [EXCH] The UM is configured for this user in the AutoDiscover response received from https://mytest-EXC1. myt...

Font problem
It seems that the Cambria Math font has recently acquired an extremely large Ascent and Descent. Has it perhaps always been that way and I've never noticed it before, or is it something recent, perhaps a Vista thing? Try the following code for example. For Arial and Times New Roman (and virtually all other fonts) I am getting pretty much exactly what I would expect (a TextHeight that is a bit larger than the point size) but for Cambria Math I am getting an extremely large TextHeight (I get exactly the same results using GDI32 methods). At this end (on my Vista Business laptop...

RDC Connection
I have one laptop running Windows XP Home SP2 and one desktop running Windows XP Home SP2 and am trying use remote desktop to access each computer from the other. However, I keep getting the error "This computer can't connect to the remote computer." I have looked for answers everywhere with no successful solutions....Help!!! K. Curtis I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think XP Home supports RDC. Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP NOVA Solutons LLC Melbourne, FL Hi Kala, You can not remote desktop into a Windows XP Home system. You will need to upgrade to Windows XP Professiona...

08 Mac Office activation problems
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Just found an article posted by michellec and I am faced with exactly the same problem - on 'activation' of the product, none of the 3 product keys seem to be correct, hence activation is unsuccessful!! Have received some help emails (and thanks Diana yours had the microsoft help number that has been good, despite the fact they can't help me and tell me I must get in touch with Digital River) but seems that what I need is another product key, and now that I'm asking for that since about 10 days, I don't get any reply ...

OWA Sessions
Our configuration consists of 2 FE servers and multiple BE servers. Is there a way to determine the number of OWA sessions open on the FE servers? If I have a need to reboot one of the FE servers (which I currently do) I would like to know how many users are currently connected via OWA, or even RPC over HTTP. If I go to the BE servers I can view Logons but I would have to do that for every BE server and even that wouldn't tell me which FE they are connected through. Not sure how or if this is possible, either through ESM, IIS or a performance counter. Thanks. Performance Counte...

Thread Synchronization #2
Hi, I have a shared resource, say a file which is to be accessed between multiple threads. There are say 20 Read threads and 1 Write thread. When the Write thread is writing into the file, the Read threads should be blocked, and when even 1 read thread reads, the Write thread should be blocked. The Read threads can read simultaneously, but only say 5 at a time. What kind of synchronization mechanism can I use for this? TIA, Sucharit You can create a mutex a adquire it when a read operation start, check it before start any write operation. You will need another mutex ...

using dates Part 2

Send 1 address to 2 mailboxes
I want to create an address and have any mail sent to that address delivered to two separate users' mailboxes. How can I do that. I've tried simply adding the address in the two users' "Email Addresses" tab in the User's properties of ADU&C. But it wouldn't allow me to add the same address to the second user ("This email address already exists in this organization"). I've also tried creating a new user for the address and forwarding the email to the 2 other users (Exchange General tab - Delivery Options button - Forward To field). But ...

Autoshapes' visible problem
When I add some Rectangle autoshapes above the embeded chart, I find it's hard to control it's visibility, They maybe hide when I select some cell or activate chart. I want to know how to make them always visible no matter what I select. Thank you in advance! ^_^ Yours,fujing You need to click on the chart before you use the drawing tool. In this way the Shape and the Chart become one. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "fujing1003" <fujing1003@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171358292.074278.135950@v33g2000cwv...

Publisher 2000? #2
Is there a place where I can still get version 2000? I've been looking, but all I can find are updates and the 2007 trial. My computer can't run 2007. *If* if can be had, try something like eBay. (I wouldn't buy software that way but that's just my preference.) You may find you have better luck finding a leftover copy of Pub 2003 from some online retailers. (I actually prefer that over 2000.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Compare 2 different workbooks with the result in a 3rd
I have two workbooks (2005 Sales, 2004 Sales), which track daily results in half hour intervals. I want to be able to show the increase in 2005 in a 3rd workbooks. The first two workbooks are identically formatted. How can I do this? Many thanks to all in the forum who have helped in the past. If the data is in exactly the same position in the two worksheets you could copy/paste one's data to a new worksheet and then copy the second's, doing an Edit, Paste Special, Subtract on top of the first's data. This is admittedly crude but it is easy to do. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP &q...

unable to change password via OWA
Hi, I am having a problem with users changing passwords via OWA. When they click on the change password button, it comes up with change password screen and asked for domain name, user name , old password ,etc. The problem that I have is that when I submit it, it comes up with message saying "Either the password is too short or password uniqueness restrictions have not been met." But I didn't define any password policy on DC. What can I do ? Kindly please give me some idea. Thanks Losa If you are running windows and exchange 2003 then there are password requirements that...

import from eudora #2
I have used Eudora for many years, but am planning to set up my email in outlook. I want to move all of my mailboxes to outlook. Eudora does not have an export function. Do I need to go through something else, such as Thunderbird. I can't use Outlook Express, because it only imports through Eudora v3.0. I have 4.3. Any thoughts on this? "Nate Rosenthal" <ncrose@comcast.net> wrote in message news:IOmdnV5bH5fEddbVnZ2dnUVZ_rbinZ2d@comcast.com... >I have used Eudora for many years, but am planning to set up my email in >outlook. I want to move all of my m...

Office 2004 SP 11.1.0 installation problems

connect to simple COM
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C89E37.9E641C50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable is there a simple example on C or CPP or MFC how i can connect to simple = COM that has one interface and some methods with their arguments thank you Dani ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C89E37.9E641C50 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> &l...

OWA - change password
Getting the "Object Required" error, when somebody is trying to change their password through OWA. (Win2003/Ex FE 2003) Any ideas what could be causing this? TIA! / Per Did you follow the steps in: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297121 ? -- Pablo D. Vernocchi Microsoft Exchange MVP MCSA + M / MCSE + Sec https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=8E94A6C0-F6D9-4686-96D5-04230CC0141F http://www.itpros.com.ar http://www.msglue.org http://msmvps.com/exchangebloglatino "Per Hagstrom" <per.hagstrom@swic.eduNOSPAM> wrote in message news:Ojo%23EozNHHA.1240@TK2...

RMS and/or PC Charge Problems
We are having some interesting problems with our RMS system and PC Charge: For no apparent reason RMS will have an error message after a card is swiped or keyed into the system: • DENIED (With a wide variety of error messages) • DUPLICATE use F+ to force (even when it is the first transaction) • TIMED OUT Attempted solutions: • Turned modem off and on • Disconnected the modem and plugged everything back in • Turned the server on/off • Called PC Charge only to be told that it is RMS • RMS said it is PC Charge • Confirmed that everything is set up properly in PC Charge and RMS What works:...