OWA and searching Contacts address book

Hi, all!  Using OWA to access Exchange Server 2k3 on back end.

Can't seem to locate a definite answer to this issue, so thought I'd try
here.  When performing a search of the OWA address books (Global or personal
Contacts), none of the searches appear to Find any addresses in the personal
Contacts book.  This is replicable across multiple accounts.

Is this a known problem, or just an Exchange setting that's gone awry?

Thanks!
Jack

OWA is Exchange, 100%. Try an Exchange group.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"JackBlack" <jackisback@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, all!  Using OWA to access Exchange Server 2k3 on back end.
>
> Can't seem to locate a definite answer to this issue, so thought I'd try
> here.  When performing a search of the OWA address books (Global or
> personal Contacts), none of the searches appear to Find any addresses in
> the personal Contacts book.  This is replicable across multiple accounts.
>
> Is this a known problem, or just an Exchange setting that's gone awry?
>
> Thanks!
> Jack

0
russval1 (2100)
4/26/2006 10:34:40 PM
If the contacts are in a .pst then OWA will have no access since it is a web
view of the Exchange mailbox, not personal folders.

However, follow Russ's advice and post to an Exchange group for better
assistance.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, JackBlack asked:

| Hi, all!  Using OWA to access Exchange Server 2k3 on back end.
|
| Can't seem to locate a definite answer to this issue, so thought I'd
| try here.  When performing a search of the OWA address books (Global
| or personal Contacts), none of the searches appear to Find any
| addresses in the personal Contacts book.  This is replicable across
| multiple accounts.
|
| Is this a known problem, or just an Exchange setting that's gone awry?
|
| Thanks!
| Jack

0
MillyS (3228)

Outlook 2003 Global Address List
Hi, I have a couple of issues with the Outlook 2003 Global Address List: Firstly, the list appears not to be 'Global' as it appears to be different on some PCs to that listed in Exchange 2003 on the server. It may or may not be part of the same problem, but there doesn't seem to be any roll-out of changes either. Secondly, I've managed to add one new user to an 'all users' mailgroup, but unlike previous occasions, I haven't been able to add this user to the Exchange 2003 Address List. Please help! Thankyou very much. Keith Is Outlook 2003 configured for ...

I have to find the sender's email address
I have to find the sender's email address. But oMsg.SenderName -- > Sender Name returns the name. How can I find the email address? Thanks. oMsg.SenderEmailAddress -- Remember, the object browser (F2 in VBA) is your friend. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "win" <wintelreport@gmail.com> wrote in message news:5992e67c-6655-4638-bf58-6ca1d60a52a4@21g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... >I have to find the sen...

Excel /vba / computer IP address
I need urgent help. How can I protect an excel file to a specific computer using VBA? (A excel file that can only be open or used in a specific computer) I was thinking in using the computer IP address, does somebody knows how can I get the computer IP, using visual basic in a excel worksheet? I would really appreciate you help Thanks (My email fcarvalho@portugalmail.com) -- jolipe ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jolipe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24024 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.c...

Permissions in AD for ADD/Change/Modify smtp proxy addresses
I have an Accounts Operator group that no longer can add or modify the SMTP Proxy email addresses in user properties. Don't know what happen, but could someone please tell me what specific permissions I need to give them to be able to add/change these addresses in user properties?? Thanks, Dana ...

Can't Access Contacts
When I click on contacts they are there but when I click on "TO" when sending an email the error message is: The address list could not be displayed. Anyone, please? Pat -- Pat Geddes "Pat Geddes" <Pat.Geddes.5a8bfb3@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:Pat.Geddes.5a8bfb3@outlookbanter.com... > > When I click on contacts they are there but when I click on "TO" when > sending an email the error message is: The address list could not be > displayed. Anyone, please? > Asked and answered here HUNDREDS of times...

problem in OWA
I have installed two exchange 2003 on pcs in Front end & back end topology, But whenever i send message through OWA, i get error message " forbidden " from internet explorer, i have checked everything ,& iam able to send mail through otlook ,this is happening to all users please note that I only get "forbidden" message with no error code Please provide solutions, Thanks in advance, Regards, Pritam T Have you by chance used IISLockdown or URLScan tools? pritz wrote: > I have installed two exchange 2003 on pcs in Front end & back end > topology, But when...

Replicate Windows Search
Hi When I play my music on the Turntable System I have it creates a copy with the extension OMX which makes my music files messy so I wrote a program to delete these. At the moment I run windows search to find all the ext OMX on all drives I then copy these to a temp folder and run my program to delete from that. This works fine but I wondered if it is possible to replicate the search on all Drives within VB? and store the results direct to the temp folder? I have tried google but so far did not find code to help me. Ron LondonLad wrote: > Hi > When I play my music o...

Elimating original senders email address when forwarding email
When Using outlook XP is there an option to ensure when forwarding an email it does not send the original senders email address? Wnhe forwarding a message I want everything except the original senders email address to be sent to the person I am forwarding the email to. Any help would be appreciated ...

'Over-synchronising' CRM contacts to Outlook
I am the Administrator for around 130 users of CRM. Many of our users deal with the same contacts in CRM (eg; 1 contact record can have multiple contacts within our department). To show this in CRM, we have created a customized entity (linked to a contact) which allows multiple "owners/contacts" of a record. We have also modified the System View of My Contacts to show contact records which have a Business Contact of the current user. (eg; if you assign yourself via the customized entity which is linked to the contact, the contact details are listed on the My Contacts view)....

Which folder is the message in after search?
Hello! If I use Outlook 2003 to search all mail folders and sub-folders for a message and it gets ten matches, how can I tell where it found the message? In other words, how can I tell in which folder the found message actually resides? Gregg Hill Use the "In Folder" column to see where your item resides. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Gregg Hill asked: | Hello! | | If I use Outlook 2003 to searc...

Hiding Personal Employee Information in Address Book
First off the environment is Exchange 2003 SP1 with Active Directory 2003. Basically... our HR department was granted limited access to AD to fill in user information (Home address, telephone, etc...) and I then modified the default user ACL so that any member of "Group X" in AD was denied access to seeing the above personal information. This worked on the Global Address List as well.... But now there's a problem. We've been setting up users in Cached Mode, and those users are able to see everything. I believe this has to do with the fact that Exchange is generating t...

contact shortcut / Do you trust this embedded object? / 2003
When I double-click a Contact shortcut in the note area of an Appointment or Contact a yes/no dialog opens with the question, "Do you trust this embedded object?". There is no check box to turn this message off. Even if you answer yes, it comes up again the next time you double-click the shortcut. It does not happen if the contact is attached. I just upgraded from 2000 to 2003. This did not happend in 2000. How do I turn of this message? I don't need to be warned about contacts I have created. Are you using a custom form? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all re...

OWA in SBS2003
Can anybody tell me step by step cofiguration of outlook web access in SBS 2003 & can i add Front End server in SBS 2003 On 1 Oct 2005 11:32:00 -0700, pankuverma@gmail.com wrote: >Can anybody tell me step by step cofiguration of outlook web access in >SBS 2003 >& can i add Front End server in SBS 2003 There are some articles at: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/search.asp?query=OWA#TUT for various levels. Take a look at them and configure appropriately. Using the Form Based Authentication is the preferred solution because it gives a good web page logon rather than a popup ...

Figured out Search/Replace Problem
Thanks, anyway! ...

Search/Extract Data w/in Text File
Hello again! I am searching within a text file for the last row within the file. After I locate the row I need to separate the data and place into multiple cells on my worksheet. The code I have is as follows: Dim TextPath As String Dim DelimSrchChar As String Dim METtime As String Dim DataBuffer As Variant Dim NCData As Variant Dim DelimPos As Integer '=============================================== DelimSrchChar = "," TextPath = "C:\Temp\Formatted_NC_SN1008.txt" Open TextPath For Input As #1 'open text file for SN1008 Do While Not EOF(1) ...

Annotation Import Not Associating with Account or Contact
When I import data into CRM from the cdf database my Accounts, Accounts_ext, and Contacts import correctly, the Annotation (Notes) import but are not associating with the Account or Contact. For the Object ID, I'm using the same Account ID or Contact ID that I use when importing the Accounts and Contacts. I noticed when I go through the Cleanse Data section of the Data Migration Wizard, I'm not prompted to associate the ObjectTypeCodeName Account or Contact....I'm not sure if this is the actual problem or not. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ...

Remove Email address header
I have late versions of MS Office at home and at work. The I.T. dept. at work regularly updates versions and works in the background to keep us functional and up to date. I email spreadsheets back and forth from home to work. Recently when opening a spreadsheet at work that had been created at home, a large email addressing header appeared at the top of the sheet. It takes up about 1/3 of the window. After being unable to see a control to remove it, I spent about 10 minutes searching through the help files looking for a way to get rid of it and get back to the original Excel configuration...

address book importing from hotmail
Is it possible to import my Hot mail address book into my Outlook 2002 mail client and if so how would that be acomplished? ...

Global Address List Missing (Sometimes)
Ok, I am going to try and be as detailed as possible, but this is my second day on the job here. Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP2, both are updated. The server is on site with the DC. Primary is a Win2k server and the backup is a Win2k3 server. The problem is that when clients are using Outlook 2003 or 2000, sometimes the GAL will not appear, resulting in them not being able to send internal corporate emails, unless of course they type out the full email address. But the problem seems to fluctuate, sometimes the GAL is listed and other times it is not, even within the same Outlo...

OWA error #3
I have select Users receiving the following error when accessing OWA: HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized The error only occurs on a few Users. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=327843 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:043e01c42482$46e0c2e0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have select Users receiving the following error when > accessing OWA: > HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized > > The error only occurs on a few ...

2003 rule doesn't recognize contacts
New computer made me have to do new installation. I was successful in opening my outlook.pst that I copied from old computer. I see my mail including all my folders, and I see my contacts. The rules didn't transfer which I kinda understand. However, when trying to make new rules, I'm running into a problem. I did a right click on a messsage in my inbox from abc123@domain.com and chose to make a rule. I make the rule to move messages from abc123@domain.com to a specific folder, and then run it. But the messages don't move. When I go to edit the rule, I get to a point that says "...

User Defined fields should be accessible from shipping address
The current relationship does not allow for the customer to use the user defined fields from the ship to address. The reason for GP not pulling the information for the shipping address in the Customer Address Master File (RM00102) is because it is already pulling the information in the Sales Transaction Work tables (SOP10100). Unlike the billing information, the shipping address can already be seen in the SOP10100 table and this is why the table relationship between the RM00102 and SOP10100 tables is based on the Bill to Address. There should be an additional relationship so you can p...

Contacts not receiving attachments
I have notice that when I send an email from outlook and track it in crm, the recipient will not receive the attachment. When I turn off tracking in crm the attachment is received on the recipients side. Does any one have any ideas? This sounds very odd, I have never seen this before. What types of attachments are you using (extension type)? -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C277DD2-7C69-4695-B174-5984C57AA054@microsoft.com... >I have not...

Address Book 6.00... missing contacts
Hi, In an attempt to fix a slow booting profile, I changed my users name and copied all his Documents and Settings folders. Everything is running fine except that now his Address Book doesn't contain any of his contacts. Can anyone tell me where to look for that data? To my knowledge, I have not deleted any files so it should still be somewhere. A search for *.wab returns nothing. Thanks for any advice! b This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: ...

Global Address List Members in Excel Spreadsheet
Is there a way for me to transfer the members of a global address list to an Excel spreadsheet? Thanks! Indirectly check out http://www.slipstick.com/exs/portagal.htm for a method "Wendy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c4201c3daa3$e8b36060$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way for me to transfer the members of a global > address list to an Excel spreadsheet? Thanks! ...