OWA and Direcway Satellite

Just set up Direcway Satellite internet connection using
the DW6000 modem.  I appear to be able to access all web
sites, including my work email through Outlook Web
Access.  Problem occurs, however, when trying to send
email via OWA.  When I type a message and click the send
button, the compose window (the window I use to enter
address, type message, etc.) doesn't go away
automatically as is usually does.  At first, I thought
the message wasn't being sent, but it is sent despite the
fact that the compose window stays up.  Likewise, when I
add an attachment to the message, the attachment window
doesn't go away, although the attachment does get
attached.  Anyone with any idea why this might be?

Thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)

Outlook Web Access is a function enabled by Exchange - you
may want to post this to an Exchange news group, probably
the administrator group on msnew.microsoft.com.

0
anonymous (74722)

OWA
Pertinent Info: Exchange 2003 Ent. SP2 - FE (mail1) and BE (cluster (mail4) and dedicated PF (mail3) server) Server 2003 Ent. SP2 - BE and dedicated PF server Server 2003 Std. SP1 - FE Scenario: We are moving from a single Exchange server (mail2) to a cluster setup for mailboxes only and with a single dedicated PF server. Currently I am following KB822931 "How to remove the first Exchange Server 2003 computer from the administrative group". So far so good, no issues. I've been able to replicate the Public Folders to the dedicated PF server (mail3) and rehome the OAB, OA...

OWA+GFI Mail Essential do not filter Junk Mail
Hi, I have a problem with OWA, I install GFI Mail Essentials 11 and it filter the Spam to junk mail correctly but only with Outlook 2003 clientes, but with OWA all the SPAM goes to Inbox folder. I active the Junk Mail filter vía OWA but the problem still occurs. Regards MRB Does anyomne have an idea of this issue? MRB "MRB" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a problem with OWA, I install GFI Mail Essentials 11 and it filter > the Spam to junk mail correctly but only with Outlook 2003 clientes, but with > OWA all the SPAM goes to Inbox folder. I active the Junk M...

Address not showing up in specific address list in Outlook (but it does in OWA)
We have a number of custom address lists in our Exchange 2003 environment to make it easier to find contacts. I had a report of a user not showing up in an address book and I found that they were not a member of the correct group. This group membership is what feeds this address book. Now, after waiting for exchange to rebuild this address list, I still cannot see this address. However, if I browse this address list from OWA, I can see this user correctly. Now, I am familiar with Outlook cached mode and offline address lists. Neither of those situations apply because this is not an OAB an...

2003 OWA
We are having problems when end users hit the cancel button on the Exchange 2003 OWA password change screen, it actually gives an ASP error when hitting the cancel button on this particular screen. Does anyone have an TechNet Articles on why this doesn't work? Dear Sabo, Thanks for posting here. In order to narrow down the problem, please provide me with the detailed message of the ASP error. You may capture a screen shoot and attach the picture when you post back. Also, I would like to give you the detailed steps for enable change password in Exchange 2003 OWA: You must firs...

OWA and SSL #2
Hi Just managed to get my Exchange 2000 OWA working and accessible on port 80 thru our firewall. next step is to implement SSL. I want to use my own certificates (cheapos won't let me buy one from verisign!). can someone point me in the right direction to create and install my own certificates plus get owa working with ssl? Advice greatly appreciated. Brett ...

Don't want to type domain reference in OWA @ log on
Is there a way to not type in the domain reference in OWA when the user is logging in? My users are confused when logging on from 2000 to XP. Thanks. Yes, You can!! ESM\Frist Administrative Group\Server\Exchnge Server\Protocol\HTTP\Exchange Virtual Server\Exchange right click proterties\Access\Authenticate in the Default Domain,pls type your domain name after restart your default web site(using IIS Admin MMC Tool) -- Jammyù�ٴ� "ctrlgrid" <jkit001@yahoo.com> ���g��l��s�D :4f9d64d8.0410260000.51e66dfd@posting.google.com... > Is there a way to not type in the domain re...

OWA HTTP Error
Hi all I have just installed a new Exchange 2000 server and have tried to set up OWA 2000 but keep getting a HTTP error 404 file not found. The history is that the exchange used to be on the DC and ISA box and OWA was set up and working before although there was no reference to this in ISA so Im not sure how it worked! Troubleshooting I have done:- I am able to get to the exchange from internal using http://servername/exchange and it works fine I have set up OWA , I made the necessary adjustments to IIS ON THE EXCHANGE SERVER, allowing basic authentication and then published the web ser...

OWA forwarding rule trouble
I use OWA to check my student email at college, but the admin gives us hardly any room for messages. My inbox gets filled in about a week and then automatically shut off. I've missed important emails before when on vacation or simply when I forget to check because the box fills up so quickly. In order to solve the problem I thought I'd just forward everything to my gmail account, but I ran in to issues. I have the option to forward messages (so I don't think that it is disabled...) and I'm pretty sure I set it up right. Instead of forwarding my messages to my other email, the m...

OWA Users/Expired passwords
I have several users who will only be logging in to Outlook Web Access (Exchange 2003), and once they're logged in to OWA they can change their passwords, but if they for some reason let their passwords expire, OWA doesn't allow them the opportunity to change their passwords; this is the case whether we use a dialog login box or forms-based authentication. Is there any way we can set OWA so that it automatically takes a user to the IIS password change screen if someone tries to log in with an expired password? this should solve your problem http://www.petri.co.il/enable_pass...

Setting up OWA with Windows Certificate
Hi everyone, I need to configure my OWA to make use of a certificate generated by a Windows 2003 server for an Exchnage 2003 server. I know how to do this using third party (Verisign) certs but I need to find a free solution. If you could point me to the correct documentation it would be very much appreciated. Many thanks, Jose One of your options would be to use your own Certificate Authority. You can install this from the Win2k3 Server CD. With that you can generate your own certificate just like verisign. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers...

OWA from inside the LAN
Good morning all, I have an E2K3 server with an internal IP address, and do port forwarding from a firewall/router to it from the outside world. From outside the company, I can hit http://mail.xxxx.com/exchange (my A record public address) and get into OWA after entering name/password. When I am inside the company, if I try the same exercise, I cannot get past the login prompt! It keeps popping up and never lets me into the OWA. I have also tried entering <domain>/username and that did not work either. mail.xxx.com is resolving to the external address (verified by a ping). If I try fro...

owa not working with multiple websites on same server?
Hi Guys, I have installed server2003 std and exchange 2003 ent on a DC for the domain test.local. It is also running the website testonline.co.uk. For some reason I can't get the OWA running from external. If I put in www.testonline.co.uk the website is opening up. If I put in www.testonline.co.uk/exchange I get an HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found. Internet Information Services (IIS). If I open up IIS6 I have 3 websites: 1. Default Website = running OWA 2. Trend Micro Officescan = AV Website running on port 8081 and SSL 4343 which is working fine 3. testonline Websi...

SSL certs for RWW and OWA
I have a question that I feel like I should know. I obviously have an SBS 2008 box and we have purchased a certificate for domain. the external name goes mail.domainname.com. now since these guys want to use RWW also with a certificate, do I have to purchase a second certificate for that too? It's on the same box (duh). -- gwhitley99 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ gwhitley99's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/195845.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/small-business-server/1316596.htm http://foru...

OWA Authentication #2
I installed a new server on site running SBS2003 approx 3 weeks ago. It had been running without any problems so far. Sometime during the night an error occured regarding a file called "owaauth.dll". This file stopped the W3SVC service from loading correctly. I restored the file from a previous backup and it resolved the problem I had with the "Default Web Site". I gained all this information from the Event Viewer. I restarted the server and checked the event viewer again and it did not flag any problems in the Application log. However, when I try to use OWA inter...

OWA Restrict User Access
I have Small Business Server 2003 with Exchange 2003. I have OWA setup to use https. Can I restrict access to OWA for specfic domain users? In ADUC, Exchange Advanced -> Protocol Settings -> click HTTP -> Settings button -> uncheck "Enable for mailbox" "Stephen Bausch" <steve.bausch@cogentit.com> wrote in message news:Oo4jX#2cEHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have Small Business Server 2003 with Exchange 2003. I have OWA setup to > use https. Can I restrict access to OWA for specfic domain users? > > ...

Free/Busy Info and OWA 2003 Issue.
Greetings! We are running Exchange 2003 Front-End, Back-End and Exchange 5.5 in a mixed mode. Exchange 5.5 does not host any mailboxes or public folders. They all were migrated to the Exch 2003 Back-End server .We are getting an issue where clients using OWA 2003 are not able to see the Free/Busy information for the other users when scheduling a meeting,however it works just fine with the old OWA 5.5 . This works also if people are using full Outlook client 2000,2003,XP - no problems with the Free/Busy time at all. Thanks in advance! Did you create a replica of the Free/Busy folde...

Custom OWA interface per user or group
Is it possible to change features available to users on an OWA page based on group membership or a per user basis. What I am trying to accomplish is to limit certain users ability to do things or see things on the OWA page. For 90% of my users I want them to see and be able to use everything the Premium OWA site has to offer with no restrictions. But for some users, I want to remove the Options page link, remove the delete button, etc... Things like this. Also, how can I prevent these users from deleting items in their own mailbox. These are low grade users and I don't want them to...

OWA Problem
Hi Guys, I'm moving mailboxes from one server to another. All servers are in the same administrative group. However, when my users login to OWA they are then asked to re-authenticate against the server they have been moved to. Any ideas on how to resolve this. both servers are Windows 2003EESp2/Exchange2003sp2 "Nik" <test> wrote in message news:%23k1iQeSwKHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi Guys, > I'm moving mailboxes from one server to another. All servers are in the > same administrative group. However, when my users login to OWA they are...

How to deposit a customized OWA design in OWA Admin 2003
Hi NG, I want to use a customized layout for my outlook web access clients. Therefor I copied a given design (olive green) and changed this. Now I want to use the possibility in OWA Admin to deposit the new design as default design for users. But I cannot change the design, because my customized design is not shown in the selection box. Is here anybody who did this before? System version is Exchange Server 2003. Thanks in advance, Birte ...

OWA Security
Hi, I wanted to ask you somethng about OWA. I have Exchange Server 5.5 installed. And my users are constantly being locked out. It seems somehow, someone got a users list, or maybe it is someone who knows the mails of everyone, can this be possible? And if it is so, how can I prevent users to get locked out, and mantain security??? Thanks, Andys ...

OWA #20
Hello, I just upgraded Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 and was able to use OWA. Then, I upgraded Windows 2000 server that it uses to Windows 2003. Now OWA asks for user name, password but doesn't let me log on. Help???? Also, can't setup a exchange user inside the domain on Outlook 2003. Keeps asking for username, password and nothing works!! Please help ...

OWA login problem #3
Initialy there was an error ASP 0115 Errors in IIS This what I 've done ; Click Start, point to Programs, click Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack, click Microsoft Internet Information Server, and then click Internet Service Manager. Expand Internet Information Server. Right-click the computer name, and then click Properties. In the Master Properties drop-down list box, click WWW Service, and then click Edit. Click the Home Directory tab, and then click Configuration. On the Process Options tab, click to clear the Enable Debug Exception Catching check box. Click OK to close the Application C...

HELP: OWA login through iframe doesnt work
Please, help. Im using DNN site and I was set owa login screen in IFrame. OK, i can see this logon screen when I try to access to this page, but after I have entered my username/pass (which are correct) and press OK, the logon screen appears again. Whats the problem? Thanks! ...

Exch 5.5 OWA
Hoping someone can help. Users can log into OWA OK and pull up their mailbox. When they click on a message to open it the message window is entirely blank. If they click on Forward or Reply the message body is displayed. Also, if full Outlook program is used the message body appears with no problems. Has anyone else experienced an issue like this? "Craig" <holdthisforme@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:sjoaq0p2igr8oca6ptr8c3s4o57cl6u39t@4ax.com... > Hoping someone can help. Users can log into OWA OK and pull up their > mailbox. When they click on a message to o...

OWA returns HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
Outlook Web Access used to work fine, but now users are receiving the following message HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable Users can access the OWA page, but after typing in credentials and clicking "Log On" the above error is returned. If the incorrect credentials are entered the "You could not be logged on to Outlook Web Access" message is received. This tells me I'm authenticating fine but whatever the next step is it is failing. There are no error messages in event viewer. Any recommendations of what to look at next? The OWA Exchange 2003 Server sits on a ...