OWA #8

Anybody know why when you close the browser (using the
close button) after logging off of OWA it does not close
all the windows (i.e. the message you have open)?
0
anonymous (74722)

DictID Global not active in GP 8.0
I have an application in GP 7.5 that has been converted to GP 8.0, but I ran into an error. In 7.5 I used the global variable DictID to determine the dictionary I am working on. When looking at the Dynamics.dic file for 8.0, this global variable no longer exists. Is there something that has replaced it? Don DeVeux Hi Don Use Runtime_GetCurrentProductID(). This will return 0 for DYNAMICS while in Test mode, but once chunked it will return the product ID for your dictionary. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pa...

OWA on cluster
Hi, I have to run OWA Form Based A. on cluster exchange 2003. Is it any way to do it? Michael On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:29:15 -0400, "Mayk" <andrzejskorupa@gazeta.pl> wrote: >Hi, I have to run OWA Form Based A. on cluster exchange 2003. Is it any way >to do it? Not supported, install a FE server. -- Chris Scharff Messaging Services Architect MessageOne ...

OWA / SSL problem
Hi: Mi problem is that after we create my certificate and installed it on IIS, when I write https://webserver/exchange, I get a "page cannot be displayed" error and the certificate pop window even not show. What I may be missing? I enabled the Forms authentication in System manager, also enable ssl on IIS and of course processed the pending certificate request thanx JM jm wrote: > Hi: > > Mi problem is that after we create my certificate and > installed it on IIS, when I write > https://webserver/exchange, I get a "page cannot be > displayed"...

Web Sevices available in GP 8?
My organization is just beginning the implementation of our AR module in version 8. We are wanting to integrate with our enterprise system, preferably using web services. The help file for eConnect 8 has web services in the architecture and configuration sections, however I haven't be able to locate any other documentation on this ability. Basically the issue is that we plan to skip 9 and move to 10 late this year should it be released. We need to start our integration as soon as possible. If we can somehow begin with web services in 8 and convert later to 10, that would be gr...

If function #8
Roger thanks for your help your email is being bounced by the mail administrator so I cant thank you any other way. Best wishes, Tom Hi Tom You're very welcome. Thanks for the feedback and glad it helped. Incidentally the mail was probably being bounced, because to mail direct you need to remove NOSPAM from my email address. Regards Roger Govier tommorgan wrote: > Roger thanks for your help your email is being bounced by the mail > administrator so I cant thank you any other way. > > Best wishes, > Tom > > ...

OWA contacts list
Most of my users have subfolders with contacts under their main contacts folder in outlook. How do I get those to show in OWA when I try to send an email? They show in Outlook as seperate address books. Also, is there a way in OWA to change the view of address books. Instead of typing the name and doing a find is there a way to just list all the addresses? Thanks Jamie wrote: > Most of my users have subfolders with contacts under their > main contacts folder in outlook. How do I get those to > show in OWA when I try to send an email? They show in > Outlook as seperate add...

OWA Works in one domain name only
I am having a problem with user accessing OWA. For example users with email addresses that start as XYZ.COM have no problem, but users in the same windows domain, but in email domain ABC.COM Cannot access OWA? I changed their default email address to XYZ.COM and they can access OWA?? Is there something I need to do to allow different email domains to log on the the server You need to create additional HTTP virtual servers to support extra email domains. See 257891 or 293386 -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send em...

OWA+Contacts
Hi Could someone please help. Just began using Exchange 2003 Sp1. Why don't GAL users show up in the contacts folder when using OWA? Am I missing a setting in Server Administrator? Thanks, Jim No, that's just the way it is. Autoresolve will work in a new message, and you can use "find" to find users, but that's about it - and your personal or public folder contacts won't show up in there either. See www.messageware.com if you want an add-in that gives you outlook-style addressing.... Jim Viner wrote: > Hi Could someone please help. Just began using Exchan...

OWA, Public Folders, Kitchen Sink....
Boxes: 2 Back-End: W2K3/Exchange 2K3 Front-End: W2K3/Exchange 2K3 Connection: T1/LAN Problem(s): OWA--Navigating the Exchange Organization (http://domain.org/exchange/mailbox) user is able to authenticate, however no icons load and in the message frame it only says "Loading...". I checked all the permissions and the authentication types accord to the microsoft articles then restarted Exchange services. OWA page loads correctly; I can send and receive messages, as well as, create other items in mailbox. A couple of hours later the problem back. Public Folder Hierarchy--My...

OWA change password feature errors out...
Error message: Page cannot be displayed History: Installed certificates from back end cert server and verified they do seem to work and are valid. Verified the virtual amd folder and the standard settings required. So far no luck! I am going crazy as everything seems as it should be. I am on Win 2K server (fully patched) and Exchange 2K (sp 3) with IIS 5. Any idea why my users cannot change passwords via OWA? Thanks, Danny Have you read the following link and followed the steps already? How to enable password change functionality for Microsoft Exchange Server Outlook Web Access ht...

Cluster: OWA Authenticates on one node, not the other.
I have a test lab running clustered Exchange 2003 Enterprise servers in Active/Passive mode. The problem I'm having is: - Node1 authenticates users connecting to OWA, but Node2 does not when I fail over. It fails with "Error: Access Denied" when any user tries to login. I can login to Node2 fine with Outlook using the same user and credentials, so I'm assuming it's IIS. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what I can try? I'm stumped. The IIS configuration on both servers looks identical. Thanks, Matt Try resetting your IIS virtual directories on your ...

=?Utf-8?B?5LiL6LyJ5YWN6LK755qE5Y+N55eF5q+SIDgyNTY=?=
許多性能問題和安全性您的計算機造成惡意病毒,最好的辦法對付,這是得到承認和防病毒在計算機上安裝更新 殺毒軟件免費下載: http://antiviruscn.blogspot.com/ 鏈接網站的內容: http://antiviruscn.blogspot.com/ http://antiviruscn.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_617.html http://antiviruscn.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post.html http://antiviruscn.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_8504.html http://antiviruscn.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_2183.html http://antiviruscn.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_3709.html http://antiviruscn.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_5872.html http://antiviruscn.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_7172.html http://antiviruscn.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post...

OWA
I have a remote user who connects via AOL and then opens IE to connect to OWA. Starting yesterday, she gets promtped for her user name and password, but she can't type anything in either field. She can tab between them, but when she types, nothing comes up on the screen. She says there are no problems inside of AOL. Any ideas? Ask in an Exchange or Internet Explorer newsgroup. OWA is part of Exchange; not Outlook -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "...

OWA
I am looking to run OWA through ISA 2004 box - connected to a front end exchange 2003. ISA 2004 is running on a Windows 2003 Server SP1 box, front end is Exchange 2003 SP2. Back end server (mail box server) is Windows 2003 box, SP1, and exchange 2003 SP1. (I know SP versions on exchange should be the same - but OWA works fine on the front end when connecting to the back end). ISA 2004 is confirgured and web mail server set up. We are are using forms based authenticication and when inserting the URL of the ISA server into the web browser the connection through to the front end is good (...

OWA Authentication #8
I have SBS 2003 with exchange server I thought I had authentication problems and stupidly started changing the authentication settings in IIS under the exchange node I have now found that the problem was elsewhere and have now sorted it However now I cannot login to OWA Can anyone tell me what the default setting's in IIS are so I can change them back Thanks ...

Windows 7 Upgrade from XP Pro IE 8 Certificate Errors
My PC was recently upgraded from XP Pro to Windows 7 Pro. I had IE 8 before on XP, but now I am getting certificate errors for many of the sites that I regularly visit including our companies own intranet site, google mail, several financial institutions websites, etc. I know these sites are safe, but I cannot figure out what the upgrade process has done to my system to cause me to get these certificate errors. I have spent much time googling, and tried many different IE setttings, double checked the date time setting on my machine etc. all to no avail. PLEASE HELP!!! Below ...

=?Utf-8?Q?Outlook_won't_open_web_pages=2C_=E2=80=98i?= =?Utf-8?Q?nsufficient_rights=E2=80=99?=
When I click on a link in an email a message appears saying that the action has been cancelled due to insufficient rights and that I should contact my system adiministrator. I'm a home user. Can anyone tell how to sort this one? Thanks ...

OWA Authentication #7
Need some questions about OWA authentication cleared up. When connecting to OWA from internal desktops machines, OWA logs on automatically as whatever user is logged on to that machine. However, when logged on to the DC as an administrator, OWA only logs on automatically if I access OWA using the netbios name. If I try to access OWA using the FQDN, I get a username/password dialog box prompt. On the desktops I can use either name and logs on fine. Why is this? Also, when accessing OWA externally I see a web based login screen. I guess this is to do with the "owa forms based" ...

Charts #8
I have a chart that I would like for the y-axis to scale automatically when new numbers is entered into the series. How do I set this up? -- Sandi Gardner The default setting will cause XL to automatically scale the axis. To control the min/max values it is necessary to use VBA code. For a readymade solution see AutoChart Manager http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/autochart/index.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <5895B565-24DC-4835-952A-D65F062EA325@microso...

OWA
I have OWA enabled for all exchange mailboxes. When the users login and choose premium client, it does work properly. It will display the inbox but it will not allow you to open the emails and you can only click on the folders to the left hand side. Tool bars and logoff buttons do not work. Do I need to do something on the server in order for the premium client to work properly? Basic client works fine. Is everybody having the same issue. Did you try to access it from outside of your org? "KKXC" wrote: > I have OWA enabled for all exchange mailboxes. When the users ...

OWA Change Password Button Disappears
Hi, I have 1 front-end 2003 OWA server connected to various Exchange 2003 back-end servers. I have enabled the Change passowrd button via the registry change, and the creation of the IISadmpwd virtual directory in IIS. This worked fine, and the change passowrd button worked ok. All of a sudden the Change Password button dissapeared from the Option menu in OWA. The registry cahnge and virtual directory is still intact and running. Any ideas on why the OWA Change Password button would just disappear? Thanks I'm assuming you're talking about the following registry key: HKLM\Syst...

OWA 2003 doesn't display frames or images.
Hello, We've just installed E2K3 on a W2K3 server which was prepared by another team using their own security template. The installation completed without errors and we can access OWA using integrated authentication. The problem is that neither the frames nor any of the the images are displayed in OWA, just the image placeholders/red-x-in-a-square. Is this due to not having sufficient permissions on the Exchange virtual directory? There are no errors in the event logs. Thanks, - Alan. Hi, If you remove the security template (remove from Local security policy - or if applied via G...

Upgrading to IE 8
I just went to a website that said they don't support IE6 anymore. Assume I'll be getting this answer more and more. If I upgrade from IE 6 to IE8 will I get the terrible favorites view rather than the IE6 I am have. IE8 Favorites drive me nuts when I try to save something in that I have to go though the "whole" list of folders rather than be able to zero in on a specific folder. Thanks ! For Internet Explorer questions not pertaining to Outlook Express, please post to one of the following: IE6 Specific Newsgroup: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microso...

Barcodes in Great Plains 8
We are in the processing of installing Great Plains 8 in our wholesale/retail location. We have an order desk were contractors and customers can come to to place order and purchase product. Some product we have in the showroom. We would like to have the ability to use the UPC codes on those items, and a barcode scanner to help process those "in person" sales faster. I can't find anyway to implement this. Our VAR tells us that we would need to make out inventory item number the UPC code, but this would be a problem if the item manufacturer changed. Does anyone know ...

OWA launching when user opens a message in Outlook
Weird problem. When a particular user opens a particular message in Outlook, Outlook Web Access opens. What could be causing that? Is there a link in the message they are clicking? What version of outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Exchange ...