OWA + more than 8 letters alias name

Recently I have experienced that users whoes email account has more than 8
letters have problem using OWA with error message of "HTTP/1.0 403
Forbidden". Users with less or equal to 8 letters have no problem at all.
My server is Exchange 2003 (native mode).

Much appreciated!
0
SamHou (1)

problem in OWA
I have installed two exchange 2003 on pcs in Front end & back end topology, But whenever i send message through OWA, i get error message " forbidden " from internet explorer, i have checked everything ,& iam able to send mail through otlook ,this is happening to all users please note that I only get "forbidden" message with no error code Please provide solutions, Thanks in advance, Regards, Pritam T Have you by chance used IISLockdown or URLScan tools? pritz wrote: > I have installed two exchange 2003 on pcs in Front end & back end > topology, But when...

Internal and External domain name behind firewall
Hi, I have a 2003 exchange server installed behind a firewall that forwards port 25 traffice to the exchange server. My question is that I have a different external domain vs my internal domain name. How would I configure this properly on the exchange server so that is can recieve mail via smtp. thx jason On Tue, 31 May 2005 12:39:30 -0600, "jason.sigurdur" <comp.techs@aspenview.org> wrote: >Hi, I have a 2003 exchange server installed behind a firewall that forwards >port 25 traffice to the exchange server. My question is that I have a >different external do...

File name extension
Would anyone know how to reference a particular tab name at the end of a file extension. e.g. file name = workbook 1 worksheet name = tab 1 (in workbook 1) therefore C:\worbook 1\tab 1.xls or something of that nature. Sleepy, In VBA it would be Workbooks("workbook 1.xls").Worksheets("tab 1") In a formula, if workbook 1 is open, and you want to reference the value in cell A1: ='[workbook 1.xls]tab 1'!$A$1 if workbook 1 is closed: ='C:\Foldername\[workbook 1.xls]tab 1'!$A$1 HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Sleepy" <johnnyyakoo@yahoo.ca> ...

Changing the Exchange Orginization Name
I'm trying to mount a mailbox store that was from another domain. After using esutil to clean the db, it still won't mount. The error I get points out that the Distinctive names are different. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 1088 Date: 11/19/2003 Time: 11:10:31 PM User: N/A Computer: MACHINE_A Description: The information store could not be loaded because the distinguished name (DN) /O=ABC CORPORATION/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN= of message database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (MACHINE_A)" does not m...

outlook reqeusting user name and password
with in the pass few weeks some of the client machines running Outlook 2002 have started asking for the users name, password and domain. even though the client is logged onto the network already, the client cannot log onto Outlook. repeated attemps with the correct user name and password always fail. the problem started with one machine, then another, then another. Now only two of our 6 client machines can log into Outlook. Any idea? uhm, have their passwords expired? Have you verified the clients are configured to using the appropriate security? "Bob" <bob@data-r...

Named Printers #4
I want to use Named Printers for PA Purchase Order Entry. However, when I choose Project from the Task Series drop-down, nothing is showing up. What could be the problem? -Hari ------=_NextPart_0001_6AC20EE0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit In this list, "Project" doesn't mean Project Accounting, that is just the series. Any application/module can put themselves in this list in any location- however it would seem the perfect location for Project Accounting report. Looking at my list, this also is empty for me as well. Briefly looking a PA sourc...

alias Problem
Hi, I want to create an alias for a user on exchange2000. I have created one user johnr@domain.com on my exchange and active directory. now i changed its alias as j but when i am sending mail to j@domain.com it is not reaching on jonr@domain.com. Pls let me know how to create alias in Exchange. Regards, Abhi pandeyabhishek2000@yahoo.com (abhishek pandey) wrote: >Hi, >I want to create an alias for a user on exchange2000. I have created >one user johnr@domain.com on my exchange and active directory. now i >changed its alias as j but when i am sending mail to j@domain.com it >is...

Duplicate Payee Names for Credit Card Accounts
My wife and I both have credit cards through Capital One that we pay electronically via MSN Billpay. However, it is very difficult to ensure that I select the correct payee account when entering payments. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=65. "Bill Kendrick" <wg_kendr@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:OIEoIHeOEHA.3964@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > My wife and I both have credit cards through Capital One that we pay > electronically via MSN Billpay. However, it is very difficult to ensure that > I select the correct payee account when entering payments. > > ...

passing file name
hye..how to pass the file name that have been read in this function to another function?here's my openfile code.. void CPIDDlg::OnFileOpen() { this->UpdateData(); CFile f; char DataFile[] = { "NUM Files (*.num)|*.num||" }; CFileDialog FileDlg(TRUE,".num",NULL,0,DataFile); if( FileDlg.DoModal() == IDOK) { CString File = FileDlg.GetFileName(); if(f.Open(FileDlg.GetFileName(), CFile::modeRead) == FALSE ) { InitPidDisplay(File); return; } else f.Close(); if (!InitPidDisplay(File)) AfxMessageBox("Failed to load data"); els...

Solver #8
I have a model with various inputs (say a, b & c) which feed complex calculations to produce various outputs (say x, y & z). I’d like to set up a table that shows what each input would have to be (keeping the others constant) in order to produce certain outputs. A simple example would be Revenue and Expense are inputs, Net Income is an output (and assuming that the calculation of Net Income was based on a model, not just R – E). I want to make a table that says with all else equal, in order to make Net Income = 100 (I want this value to be adjustable based on cell input), Rev...

OWA in SBS2003
Can anybody tell me step by step cofiguration of outlook web access in SBS 2003 & can i add Front End server in SBS 2003 On 1 Oct 2005 11:32:00 -0700, pankuverma@gmail.com wrote: >Can anybody tell me step by step cofiguration of outlook web access in >SBS 2003 >& can i add Front End server in SBS 2003 There are some articles at: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/search.asp?query=OWA#TUT for various levels. Take a look at them and configure appropriately. Using the Form Based Authentication is the preferred solution because it gives a good web page logon rather than a popup ...

Fill series of letters?
Is there a way of getting Excel to fill a series of letters, so that a given cell value of A would increase in succeeding cells to B, C,.....Y, Z, AA, AB... ? Surprisingly enough, Redmond, in their infinite wisdom, has chosen not to include the alphabet of the countries within the Custom Lists. You have to "roll your own". Enter the alphabet in a column, and then select the column. Then, <Tools> <Options> <CustomLists> tab, The "Import List From Cells" box should already contain the range you selected containing your alphabet. Simply click on "Im...

OWA error #3
I have select Users receiving the following error when accessing OWA: HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized The error only occurs on a few Users. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=327843 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:043e01c42482$46e0c2e0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have select Users receiving the following error when > accessing OWA: > HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized > > The error only occurs on a few ...

combination chart #8
How can I get a combo chart with 3 series - one as a vertical bar/column, and 2 series as lines, with 2 y axes? I only seem to be able to get one series in line format, while the first two insist on viewing as vertical bars, regardless of whether they are assigned to the primary or secondary y axis. Right click each series and set the chart type property of the series seperately. alas wrote: > How can I get a combo chart with 3 series - one as a vertical > bar/column, and 2 series as lines, with 2 y axes? > I only seem to be able to get one series in line format, while the > fir...

Outlook Express Version 8
Can someone please tell me how to change my registry settings to stop Outlook Express removing my email attachments. I can only find help relating to later versions which have different directories etc. Thanks in advance :o) This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an outlook express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.ou...

Named Cells In Worksheet
This is probably really dumb: After assigning a name to a cell or range of cells; how do you un-name or delete the name? TIA Fred Hi From menu select Insert.Name.Define Select the name from list - Delete Arvi Laanemets "Fred Yager" <fredyager@koolsturgis.com> wrote in message news:06b201c39314$68e716f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > This is probably really dumb: > > After assigning a name to a cell or range of cells; how > do you un-name or delete the name? > > TIA > > Fred Use Insert, Name, Define. Then, highlight the name and press the Delete button...

number to name
I want to do my schedule with Excell, and I was wondering if it's possible to type a number and get a name instead... for example if on the 3rd of february, Mark is working, and that I associate the number 1 to Mark. is there a way that if I type "1" under the 3rd of february, that converts it directly to Mark? thanks Gaetan Bart, Using event code you can do it Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("B2:H10")) Is Nothing Then With Target ...

Naming Custom Animations
I would like to propose Microsoft to add editable naming fields for custom animations. It would save a massive amount of time for not only a designer but for anyone else on a design team who has to edit another designer's work. Instead of saying: TEXT BOX 1, or RECTANGLE 4, or GROUP 32, a designer could add, for example: ABC LOGO, XYZ LOGO, CIRCLE FROM LEFT, CIRCLE FROM RIGHT, or whatever is appropriate. If a designer could add their own relevant name, at a later date anyone would be able to go directly to the specific animation rather than search by clicking and testi...

OWA Redirect
OWA is working fine in my exchange environment. I have 1 to 1 static nat translation through the firewall to the exchange server private IP. I can access from internal and external without any issues. I have a registered DNS name of wemail.domainx.com. I want to be able to have remote users open an internet browser and simply type the DNS name that points to my exchange server and get the auth prompt. I do not want the users to have to type the "/exchange" after the DNS name. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Dave David Here is a link that explains h...

EXCH 5.5
I have a test server which has exch 5.5 installed. I use this for test purpose only. I want to bring pub.edb and priv.edb from my production exchange and try to repair the folders. My test exchange and production exchange, both have different site and organisation. How can I change or add new site/organisation on my test exchange so I can use production exchange's public folder ? Uninstall and then Reinstall with the correct org and site names. -- Hope that helps. ------------------------- Jaclynn Hiranaka Enterprise Messaging Support This posting is provided "AS IS"...

Field name derived from a string value returns a Run-time error 2465.
I have two labels on a form and want to populate them during the run time of my form. The name of the labels are "1" the other is called "2" (without the quotes of course). Field 1 runs OK but two returns a run-time error 2465. Of course, the real form is much bigger. A lot of fields called 1 through 31 are populated from within a loop. To simplify my question I down sized this post to two label fields. Any one know how to solve the problem with label "2"? Any help or hint is appreciated. ' This works OK Me![1].Caption = "abc"...

Prompted twice for OWA authentication
I just added an Exchange 2007 server to an Exchange 2003 organizations. When I try to connect to Exchange 2007 OWA as a user who has a mailbox on the Exchange 2007 server, I get prompted for authentication twice. I get authenticated once before I get the Exchange 2007 OWA authentication homepage. Anyway to eliminate the first authentication. This a default installation. Nothing has been customized yet. ...

internet explorer 8 06-22-10
i have a laptop with windows 7 and internet explorerr 8 every time i open internet explorer page goes up so i cant see toolarbar or close it how can i fix it to fit my page .i hope you can understand what oi mean i have to move mouse to find begunning of page while in my desktop pc. page stop and i can see xmark and toolarbar Hi, See if you're in Full Screen Mode with Auto-Hide enabled. Move the pointer to the top of the screen. If the IE toolbar appears, right-click on the refresh or close (red x) icon to the right of the Address Bar and uncheck Auto-Hide. Or, with only...

Where do I begin with mail merge and letters or postcards
Hi, I'm used to using Word to perform all mail merge taks. How do I create a letter, insert fields and use mail merge? I've looked through the Help section in Publisher 2003, but it isn't as informative and user friendly as past Publishers and Word. I would like the document to include the date, name/address fields, my text, and fields throughout the letter. For example: September 4, 2007 Name/Address field Dear First Name Field, Body text.... Sincerly, Me Any information will be appreciated. I have MS Publisher 2003 For Word, go here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-u...

Microsoft Outlook
Today I hopened my email and began to send an email to a person I email everyday and discovered that I lost all of the names that appear when entering the beginning letter. Can you tell me what has happened, possibly? Can I get them back? -- KJ "KJ" <KJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5205A738-9FAC-4115-B45C-F79AB7F7033F@microsoft.com... > Today I hopened my email and began to send an email to a person I email > everyday and discovered that I lost all of the names that appear when > entering the beginning letter. Can you tell me ...