Outside programs accessing wrong Outlook account when sending

A program designed by one of our technicians attempts to
send out an emergency email to multiple email addresses,
using Microsoft Outlook 2002. However, the mail message
attempts to send thru our Exchange server, instead of the
SMTP it is supposed to be using. The Exchange is not set
up to send mail out of our university for security
reasons, yet Outlook will not allow me to redirect those
mails thru our SMTP server. The SMTP is set up as the
default on every user's machine here, but these emails
skip right past it. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.
0
nparker (1)

Is the Outlook profile you are using one with the SMTP account and no
Exchange account? You would need that. Or you could use CDO 1.21 or
Extended MAPI to log into a Session using a dynamic profile to send
the mail using an SMTP account. See www.cdolive.com/cdo5.htm for a CDO
1.21 code sample of a dynamic login.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"Nate Parker" <nparker@facil.umass.edu> wrote in message
> A program designed by one of our technicians attempts to
> send out an emergency email to multiple email addresses,
> using Microsoft Outlook 2002. However, the mail message
> attempts to send thru our Exchange server, instead of the
> SMTP it is supposed to be using. The Exchange is not set
> up to send mail out of our university for security
> reasons, yet Outlook will not allow me to redirect those
> mails thru our SMTP server. The SMTP is set up as the
> default on every user's machine here, but these emails
> skip right past it. Any suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated.

0
kenslovak (742)

Window panes in Outlook 2003
Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a preview pane for the selected e-mail, evidently. I can find no way to eliminate the window pane. Is there a way to remove this pane? How? I've tried every VIEW combination with no success. View > Reading Pane > Off doesn't work? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jay" <jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C953EF40-873E-4A04-93A8-FE101A547D0D@microsoft.com... > Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a > preview pane for the selected e-m...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Recieve Mail Before Sending