Outlook2003 : keeping a copy of PST on server

I can't seem find the place to make the change on the
client's outlook to keep a copy of the pst file on
exchange server.  When I configured outlook I got the
message to go into tools and select the option to keep a
copy on server.  I couldn't find that option and all mail
was delivered to the client.  When you go through owa all
you will see is the new mail not delivered to the client.
I'm going to hack at it and when I find something I will
post my findings.  But if someone already knows where to
look I would appreciate that
Thanks
Norm

0
anonymous (74722)

found this article
http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2003/three/ch7/outb04.
htm

0
anonymous (74722)
4/8/2004 6:17:25 PM
Go to Outlook on tools> E-mail Accounts > More settings >
Advanced > Delivery (then click on Leave a copy on the
server. I don't know it this will help you but I did this
on my home computer.

0
anonymous (74722)

Copy MP3 From Player to New System
Hello. I want to do a reverse sync from my mp3 player into Windows Media Player. I have a new PC and I want to move my music into it from my mp3 player. What are the steps? After I typed this, I did a search on "reverse sync". Yes. If you have a device that supports copying from the device to the Player Library (sometimes called "reverse sync"), you can copy a file from your device to your computer. If the device recognizes the files as new, and you have an automatic sync relationship, then the files will be automatically copied to your computer. To ...

I can not copy text into a brochure without another textbox opening
Hi all, Every time I try to copy and past into a textbox already created by a publisher template, another textbox is created by defalut to add the text into it. I want to just add the text into the textbox already within the template like you could with Publisher 2000. Thanks, Kelsey Is your cursor inside the textbox when you paste? If you just paste Publisher will create a new text box. If this isn't the answer create a new textbox, paste and delete the original text box. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com &q...

Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) Won't Recognize Outlook XP .pst Fi
Sirs: I received an insightful answer to my previous post on receiving "cyclic redundancy" errors when opening Outlook XP .pst files with Outlook-2007 on Windows 7 Home Premium Edition. I've used chkdsk as suggested, and am no longer receiving this error. Instead, I am receiving a new error report of, "Windows does not recognize Tools.pst as a valid 32 bit application'. Can anyone suggest a fix for this? Many thanks. How are you trying to open it? To reconnect a pst-file in Outlook use; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... Note that this is no...

PPP server?
Probably the wrong newsgroup, but I'm used to this one and I hope someone will point me in the right direction ... In the days of NT there used to be a thingy called RAS or RRAS (depending on version) which provided a PPP "server" (yes I know PPP is peer-to-peer and doesn't have a concept of "server"). This could be configured to answer the phone, hand out an IP address to the dial-in client, and then route its traffic through onto the internet. I now have a requirement to do something similar, but the PPP client won't be an external device dialling in, ...

setup netscape netmail to outlook2003?
Trying to setup Netscape netmail for Outlook2003. dematheson <dematheson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Trying to setup Netscape netmail for Outlook2003. I don't understand. Netscape Communicator and Outlook are both mail clients and cannot access one another's mail store. You can access an Exchange server using Communicator (or the current Mozilla Thunderbird) via POP or IMAP, but what you state above doesn't make sense. -- Brian Tillman ...

Cant Import .pst from outlook 98
I get the message the file is not a personal folder file. I have installed the outlook 93 import and export translators, and have greated a new data file, neither makes a difference, any thoughts Make sure the file isn't marked read-only. If it's on a CD, move it to your hard drive and remove the read-only attribute. Also, you should simply open the file in Outlook using File | Open, rather than importing from it -- you'll retain the most data and settings that way. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please repl...

Accessing the companyweb from the server
I am not able to open up the companyweb from the server console logged in as administrator. Why is that and what can I do to correct this problem? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01CAF831.BFAA1080 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/04/17/authentication-issues-acc= essing-companyweb-from-the-server-itself-after-963027.aspx --=20 Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997) Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed http://ww...

OWA HTTP Error 500.13 Server Busy
We've been getting error 500.13 Server Busy on our Exchange Server since Friday night. Nothing changed in our setup (Windows 2003 Exchange 2003). We don't have any restrictions set in IIS to limit the number of connections. I'm not sure what's causing this. Email is working properly from Outlook 2003, we just cannot connect from OWA. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. E ...

SQL Server 2008 Extended Events
I am using SQL Server 2008 Std SP1 on a Windows 2008 std 64-bit server. I am trying to understand and use Extended Events. I have created a session that is to monitor tempdb usage when ever there is a physical page write. I want to capture the query that is causing this action. Below is my session defintion: CREATE EVENT SESSION Monitor_tempdb_usage ON SERVER ADD EVENT sqlserver.physical_page_write ( ACTION (sqlserver.nt_username, sqlserver.sql_text, sqlserver.client_hostname, sqlos.task_time, sqlserver.username, sqlserver.session_id) WHERE sqlserver.database_id ...

Max Size of Outlook.pst ?
What is the maximum size of the Outlook.pst file for Outlook XP 2003 and the 2004 Outlook edition? Is a 2 Gig limitation still in affect for these versions? Yes, anything over 1.6 GB gets touchy and 2 GB is a problem. -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content Developer www.pdasquare.com Redmond, WA "Al Franz" <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote in message news:eiAOK1rAEHA.2480@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > What is the maximum size of the Outlook.pst file for Outlook XP 2003 and > the > 2004 Outlook edition? Is a 2 Gig limitation still in affect for these > versio...

Exchange server using Office 2003 and Vista
I'm trying to connect to my corportate email through Outlook 2003 using exchange server. The instructions that were provided to me are for PCs running Windows XP and Outlook 2003. I can't complete the setup because I don't have some of the icons listed in the instructions. I think it is because of my OS. I am running: Windows Vista Home Premium (64 Bit) Office 2003 Professional Is there a way to setup up Office 2003 to connect using exchange server in the Vista Home Premium or is this ANOTHER feature not available? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ...

Project Portfolio Server 2007
Hi. I want to install Project Portfolio Server 2007 on a server Win 2003 R2 + SP1, SQL Server 2005, windows sharepoint (All in standalone box). I got the following error... Event Type: Error Event Source: MsiInstaller Event Category: None Event ID: 10005 Date: 6/17/2007 Time: 4:00:13 AM User: SERVER\Administrator Computer: SERVER Description: Product: Microsoft Office Project Portfolio Server 2007 -- Error 26204. Error -2147217913: failed to execute SQL string, error detail: Se termin=F3 la instrucci=F3n., SQL key: DB_PPSAccountData_Upgrade_12_Integrated SQL string: begin ...

Can't move email from outlook.pst after Inbox Repair
To recover from exceeding the 2GB limit, I ran PST2GB.exe to remove 30MB, then SCANPST.EXE to repair the file. After running more than once, SCANPST now says there are no errors. After the repair, folders and email now display properly, but attempts to move email to other *.pst files fail with the message 'Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid.' However, email from other *.pst files can be moved into outlook.pst and back out again with no problem.(?) It appears that there is a problem with the repaired file format. Is there a newer ver...

Moving server .. what are the best practice steps?
Hello, I'm a sys admin who for first time will be moving our exchange box from our colocation to our own physical network. So my manager has asked if i have a solution, agenda and plan. I of course dont because I havent done this before and cant answer a few of his questions. Maybe a seasoned sys admin on the list here can help me. Here is a list of what I do have or doing so far. - The IP at our network is already determined and i will execute a change of the MX record a day before the move for propogation reasons. - I will be imaging the box with Acronis True Image w/ Universal Hardw...

Orphaned .pst files?
Hello, Outlook 2003 created two Archive Folders in my folder list when I tried to set up autoarchiving. Now, I can't open them, or close them, or get advanced properties on them. So, I have two sets of folders cluttering up my folder list that I can do nothing about. How do I get rid of them? All I get is "The operation failed. An object could not be found." Thanks! Larry Wahlers Concordia Technologies The International Center The Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod St. Louis, Missouri USA Close Outlook and go to Control Panel-> Mail-> button Data Files-> select the p...

copying contact list
I am listed on my computer under two accounts, a user and as administrator. My Windows live mail contact list is under the user account. I am trying to move or copy that contact list to the administrator account. I can already send and receive email under the administrator account, but I cannot see how to copy the contact list over. I appreciate any help. Earl Davis You don't really want to go that route.. If not using the same Live ID in WLM in each account(user and admin)... Export you contacts in the User account to a csv file(click Contacts in WLM, File/Export/Choose...

OLE Error in Outlook after SQL Server 7 installed
After installing SQL Server 7 (aka 2000) on a users machine, user is getting "OLE registration error. Please run setup." when Word is the email editor. Remove Word as the email editor and it works fine. HELP! (and please don't say reinstall office) ...

setting up a secure SMTP server
Hello everyone Just wanted to get an idea what be most secure method for configuring our SMTP gateway server. In our environment all smtp servers are exchange 2003 that are members of a single forest/domain . Currently our SMTP gateway (exchange 2003) is a muti home server with 2 separate nic cards, each have been assigned to separate virtual server for inbound and outbound connections to the internet. We have created two SMTP connectors and under the local bridge head server we added the corresponding virtual server .For example, for connections out to the internet we added the outbo...

Automating copy and paste of subtotals to new sheet
Hi everyone, Have about 240,000 lines of CSV. Column A can have duplicates and is the key. Can import about 65,000 rows at a time into excel, to deal with the maximum # of rows, but if I try to subtotal then it breaks the limit. What I want to accomplish is: All rows are sorted by Column A first. For each set of rows with the same values in column A, sum columns D, E, F, G, H, I, J. Then take the value in column A and the subtotals above, and populate a single row on a new sheet with these values . Then repeat the exercise, starting with the first row that contains a different value in C...

Dynamically Copying Changing Conditional Formatting
Is it possible to dynamically copy the formatting of a 1st cell whose format changes to another 2nd cell. Not just on creation, but anytime the original cell changes formatting either conditionally or manually? (Excel 2003, XP) Thanks! -- sdm ...

Can't remember password on .PST file
Can't remember password on .PST file. Anyway to get around that? Thanks You can try the PST19UPG utility which is capable of stripping passwords, provided the PST hasn't had large table support enabled. You can download a copy here: http://www.computerhope.org/download/updates/pst19upg.zip When you run it, copy the PST and the tool to a folder directly off your C: drive (such as C:\Test). It usually doesn't run correctly from paths containing folders with more than 8 characters in their names. Otherwise, you can purchase a tool such as those available from: http://www.lostpass...

Upgrade to Windows 2000 with AD and keep Ex 5.5
Here is my scenario, hope someone can lend me a hand or give me some tips. I planning to upgrade my PDC to Windows 2000 with AD and on my BDC, which run Exchange 5.5, I want to upgrade the OS to Windows 2000 but keep Exchange 5.5, my question is how can I have Exchange 5.5 to work with Windows 2000 with AD for authentication or retain the same login as it was with NT4 PDC. Thanks in advance. -- --------------------------------------------------------------------- "Are you still wasting your time with spam?... There is a solution!" Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector ...

Is it normal for a pst file to expand when imported into an ost fi
I had a 2+GB pst file that when imported into my exchange cached environment grew to approximately 20GB. Of course this wreaked havoc on the user's mailbox, and I am now having synchronization and all kind of wierd problems. I guess my first question is, is it normal for a pst file to grow on import? Also, on that import, is it possible for the original pst file to become corrupt, or smaller after the import. I fear that I may have lost some messages in the import In news:88546C4E-0213-4C63-A237-DBF5280576B3@microsoft.com, BookerW <BookerW@discussions.microsoft.com> typ...

Copy a checklist to another company
I have done this before in SQL but I can't find the tables. I would like to copy a checklist (Routines > Financial Checklist > General Ledger > Fiscal Year-End) from one company to another. thanks. Hi barbola, I believe the tables you are looking for are: SY02800 End Routines Check Master SY02500 Routines Master SY02700 Routines Template Kind regards, Leslie "barbola" wrote: > I have done this before in SQL but I can't find the tables. > > I would like to copy a checklist (Routines > Financial Checklist > General >...

Autoupdate sheet/ workbook, yet keep content
Hi, i have a quick question, i am building a timesheet in excel for m company. By testing it out, and sending it to all the employees we ar always finding new things to add, or formatting issues to fix. I wa wondering if it was possible to add functionality by instead of sendin out an email every time that i make a change to the master version an for my fellow co-workers to have to re-enter in all there data, i their a way for excel, or a plug-in that allows it to check anothe version, if it is different, then update itself, yet keep the pas imputed information. I could even have it only up...