Outlook2002- account settings mysteriously change

About 1-2 times a month my email settings mysteriously
change themselves.  In particular, the "Incoming mail
server (POP3)", changes from it's correct setting to
localhost.  The text from here is then placed at the end
of my "User Name". So, every so often it won't download
messages from this particular account and I have to go
into my email accounts and change it back.  Any ideas on
how to stop this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Shawn M.

0
anonymous (74722)

The mystery can be solved by disabling the mail scanning in your AV.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Shawn asked:

| About 1-2 times a month my email settings mysteriously
| change themselves.  In particular, the "Incoming mail
| server (POP3)", changes from it's correct setting to
| localhost.  The text from here is then placed at the end
| of my "User Name". So, every so often it won't download
| messages from this particular account and I have to go
| into my email accounts and change it back.  Any ideas on
| how to stop this?
|
| Thanks in advance for any assistance.
|
| Shawn M.

0
MillyS5166 (1132)
2/15/2004 8:29:58 PM
Won't I make myself more vulnerable by doing this?

Shawn

intact.  Due to
>the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent=20
to my personal
>account will be deleted without reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,=20
Shawn asked:

>| About 1-2 times a month my email settings mysteriously
>| change themselves.  In particular, the "Incoming mail
>| server (POP3)", changes from it's correct setting to
>| localhost.  The text from here is then placed at the=20
end
>| of my "User Name". So, every so often it won't download
>| messages from this particular account and I have to go
>| into my email accounts and change it back.  Any ideas=20
on
>| how to stop this?
>|
>| Thanks in advance for any assistance.
>|
>| Shawn M.
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
2/16/2004 12:30:34 AM
No, since when you open an attachment, the AV automatically scans it anyway.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, shawn asked:

| Won't I make myself more vulnerable by doing this?
|
| Shawn

0
MillyS5166 (1132)

Assign Contact to specific Email account
I use Outlook 2007 and have it handle 4 different email accounts of mine. Is there a way to assign a contact to a specfic account? Example: Accounts me@email.com metoo@email.com methree@email.com Default: me@email.com Contact: Mickey Mouse When I email Mickey Mouse I want it to be sent automatically from methree@email.com with out having to select ACCOUNT from the ribbon. Thanks B Nope, that is not possible. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Down...

Making Bulk changes with import files
Hi all. Years ago I worked as an exchange 5.5 admin and I could use a simple csv file to enable a mailbox as well as have that same file set the mailbox to deliver to a custom recipient. Also I could delete CR/Mailboxes with a csv file. Are there any such switches in Exchange 2003? Is there any place that lists all the goodies? I've been searching the knowledge base and googling without success. Thanks! In Exchange 5.5 we had directory database for exchange. In Exchange 2000 and 2003 we do not have any separate directory for Exchange. All the mailbox or contact related attrib...

accounts added doing online banking
I use Money 2006. My bank (Fifth third) recently added acredit card account which I had not requested. Now whenever I download statements, this account is recurrently added back despite relegating it to an "account closed" status. I can't delete the account; Money tells me that I will lose all accounts at Fifth third and recommends that I simply "close" this account. I asked the Bank It peoiple to stop having account added to Money but they respond by telling me that I have to "diable or delete" this account download through Money. Any suggestions?...

A get/change first operation on table 'POP_Rec_Opt' cannot find the table
Please help. It is urgent! I received the following error when I do purchase goods receivings transactions: A get/change first operation on table 'POP_Rec_Opt' cannot find the table Regards, Joe ...

CHANGE WHOLE EXCEL worksheet TO UPPERCASE LETTERS?
My boss wants me to change a whole excel document to uppercase letters. It has like 43,000 records. How do I do that? He says it's possible, but I've never seen it done. I'm Using Excell 2003. Your boss must be thinking of using a macro. Take a look here: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm#upper In article <608169EE-E690-4B26-AFD2-2FE9ECEBE856@microsoft.com>, "mineralgirl" <mineralgirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My boss wants me to change a whole excel document to uppercase letters. It > has like 43,000 records. How do...

Security Settings Changes; Contacts List
I have two problems that I would appreciate help in solving 1. I get the following message when I try to send a new e-mail or reply to an e-mail: "Current security settings prohibit running active X controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly." This is annoying. How do I get rid of the message or reset the security setting? 2. When I use the contact look up feature the default address book is for Outlook Address Book rather than Contacts. How do I change the default so that it opens directly with the Contacts? Chuck Humphrey ...

how to change Outlook Connector password??
When I am in Live ID, I m unable to st a new password for OUTLOOK CONNECTOR, and posted responses don't address the problem. Help!!! The connector uses the same password as your live id account. You can't set a separate one for it. After you change the live id password outlook will whine and you can then change it in Outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about ...

Auto CC when sent to a particular external account
We have an Exchange server 2003. We want to copy all emails sent to a particular external email account to an internal mailbox. This is so to monitor all requests made to our providers. In Example. We have an internal mailbox named purchasing with the address purchasing@ourdomain.com We want all emails sent to sales@providerA.com to be automatically copied to the purchasing@ourdomain.com email address and also sent to the original recipient. And we want to do this centralized so any time we add/remove/update providers we can modify this without the need of creating/modifying rules a...

Junk mail settings doesn't work...!
I'm accessing my ATT-Worldnet POP3 emails through my Comcast cable connection using Outlook 2002. I'm using the ipostoffice/imailhost settings on ports 995 and 465. Mail in and out works perfectly, but I cannot get the build-in junkmail functionality to work. I still get mail from excluded domains, and I get mail that should have been caught by the default email filter (filters.txt). Please advise...! ...

Setting up "send as" capability not working
I've followed Microsoft's directions for granting "send as" capability to a user (from http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/WorkingE2k3Store/2be26cb6-acb7-4169-b5d4-66fa14da6d0c.mspx) on Exchange 2003, but it doesn't work. I thought maybe it had to do with server replication, but waiting it out didn't work. I went so far as to grant FULL right using AD > Exchange Advanced tab > Mailbox rights AND AD > Security tab, and even with all those rights the user still got the error about not having permission "to send the message...

printing only active range (changing)
hi all when im printing a sheet the print area is automaticly set to all cells containing formulas ,even if the formula resualt is nothing. how can i set the print area to change automaticly and print only cells where the formula resualt in NOT nothing ? (i get the data to the sheet from a database, and the size of the report is changing every time. next to the data im getting from the data base i have the additional formulas ) thanks Oz. -- oz_saar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ oz_saar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action...

difreance between GL and Account receivable
Dear All When I print the trail balance for customers then print the GL account for account receivable the amounts are NOT MATCAING, I already checked the system setup, configuration and posting account please advice thank you very much Amr, If you are on v10, you can go to Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > Routines > Finacial > Reconcile to GL. This routine will generate an Excel spreadsheet showing the differences between the two modules. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP...

I can send mails from my account XXXXX@mydomain.com but I can't receive
I have a yahoo domain name and until recently I was able to send and receive mails by using my business address. xxxx...@mydomain.com. But since Monday, I can only send but I can't get mails in my account. I can receive only spams on mydom...@yahoo.com. Can anyone help me because I am in serious trouble. I am using IE are you using a free yahoo account or a paid one ? what are the POP and SMPT server name listed under account setting property.. "jacquos" <netafricasia@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1154025475.651173.223540@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I hav...

adding outlook web access account to regular outlook?
How do I add my outlook web access account to regular outlook? Can I? Does the fact that it is a student account matter? No, you'll need to use your browser for OWA.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Monica" <Monica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:03686868-E751-42FB-9030-D09E1979CBCE@microsoft.com... ...

change regarding default entity
Hello, I am looking for a way to change the default entity company in a custom made entity (or another) when I want to regard an email from outlook into CRM. Anyone? Hi maerten, You could use JavaScript to achieve this. Add it to the onload event of your activity. I found the following code in the Microsoft CRM SDK: //This sample code demonstrates how to set a value to a pricelevelid lookup control on an opportunity //form. In this example, the price level is set to Retail. // Create a lookupItem to store the values that you want to set to a target lookup control. var lookupItem = ne...

Textbox size changes on deletion of rows
I've created a textbox (using the Drawing Toolbar). The textbox extends downward and actually to the right-hand side of 15 rows of data. I run a macro that deletes 5 or 6 rows and my textbox shrinks because of the deleted rows; how can I prevent this from happening? TIA, Set the properties of the text box so it doesn't size with the cells: Select the text box Choose Format>Text Box Select the Properties tab Select Move but don't size with cells (or -- Don't move or size with cells) Click OK Jim May wrote: > I've created a textbox (using the Drawing Toolbar)....

Commit updates to current record without changing records
I have a form that is a contractor's timesheet. I have a button on the form that launches a series of queries that create invoice items in an invoice table based on entries in the timesheet. I would like to allow the user to update the timesheet and use the button so that invoice items change on-the-fly. Is there a way to commit changes (updates) to the current record on the timesheet form without having to move between records? Thanks much in advance! Yes, you save the record. When you place a button on your form, the button wizard will give you the option of Record Op...

autopreview setting not sticking
Having a small problem with autopreview. Have a client that can't get the setting to stay. I had them go to View->AutoPreview to unselect it, but when they close outlook and reopen its back on again. is there some other setting I am forgetting about? Jason ...

Changing hyperlink defaults
I want consistently link many files from a specific folder into cells within a worksheet. Can I set up the hyperlink (or other link types) to always points to my specified folder? Thanks -- Peter London, UK ...

Outlook 2002
I have always used the flag feature when ticking it completed as a tool to show as a time/date stamp for when the update in the comment was performed. The COMPLETED flagged messages still show the date and time on the screen, but when printing out, this vital information no longer is included. How can I change that pls? Yesterday I had to resort to a screenshot, which worked yesterday as the email message fit on the screen. But this won't work for most instances, as most msgs are longer, esp. when concerning cases where that date/time stamp is needed as proof of something. Hoefully so...

Setting a default advance so new slides same as old?
Using Power Point 2007. At our school we have Power Point announcements scrolling on TVs in hallways and cafeteria all day. I add a new "This Day in History" slide daily from a file I've created. I delete the slide from the day before, and add a new one from the file. The new one always needs to have the "advance" setting changed from "on mouse click" to "automatically after ___ seconds". I did not have to reset the timing with the older version of Power Point. Is there a way to set a default so I don't have to remember each d...

Freezes during "changing your publication"
While trying to print to an Adobe PDF, Publisher 2002 freezes with a dialog box that is titled WORKING... Inside the box it says "changing your publication" and is at 13%, but after a long time it never changes and stays completely frozen. It does, however, actually create the PDF but it is way off from the original document. I have been using Publisher 2002 now for four years and have been creating PDFs the whole time. I have never encountered this problem and could find no answers online. Can someone help me? GtownCook <GtownCook@discussions.microsoft.com> was...

Cleaning the dialog area after changing image
I have an area in a dialog that contains images. Since the rect is not the same in all of the images(for a purpose), when a big image changes to a smaller one, around the smaller one we still can see the bigger. How can I clean this area? Thanks a lot Liat On the dialog window, use RedrawWindow() with flag RDW_ERASE - Parhar "Liat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C822C1D-6B8C-4701-8FA6-D6B706EE0FE9@microsoft.com... > I have an area in a dialog that contains images. > Since the rect is not the same in all of the images(for a purpose), wh...

Settings
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00A4_01CADADA.94AB4B20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Under Tools, Options, Send I have HTML selected as the default. Yet when = I try to send it reverts Text. How do I get it to keep what I have set? --=20 Michael Koerner ------=_NextPart_000_00A4_01CADADA.94AB4B20 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN&quo...

how do i set up payslip on word?
i am trying to prepare a format for my carers payslip. how can i get a format? By designing one yourself, and then making a template/document in that design. Alternatively, try searching for an existing design. Google something like: MS Word + payslip design Voila. preparing payslip wrote: >i am trying to prepare a format for my carers payslip. how can i get a format? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/word-programming/201002/1 ...