Outlook.exe will not terminate

Hello, I am using Outlook 2003 on Win XP connected to
Exchange 2003, when I boot up and run Outlook everything
works fine, If I close Outlook and re-open it Outlook will
not re-open. The process is still running though, not sure
why - any ideas.
Regards, Brent

0
anonymous (74722)

Do you have a PDA (ActiveSync) or WinFax Pro?  (you have a 3rd party
application that uses, monitors, or syncs with outlook data and it doesn't
realize that outlook shutdown. it holds a reference and interferes with the
next startup request.)

"Brent" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, I am using Outlook 2003 on Win XP connected to
> Exchange 2003, when I boot up and run Outlook everything
> works fine, If I close Outlook and re-open it Outlook will
> not re-open. The process is still running though, not sure
> why - any ideas.
> Regards, Brent

0
neoheart (690)

Issues with Outlook integration
Hi everyone, We tried to install CRM 1.2 on our W2k server machine. After a great deal of efforts and errors, we were finally able to install the software. We then installed the Sales for Outlook component on the desktop. After rebooting the system we saw all the CRM related buttons on the Outlook toolbar. Ig we then select the CRM E-mail button and fill in the relevant information, we get an error message " An error occured while trying to send the e-mail. Try again". If we try and add a New Account for example - we get a "Server Error in / Application" error messag...

Outlook Express #221
I have just set-up my outlook express on my new PC and I keep getting new this error message. Does anyone know how I could setup and move to a local folder like the message says You have exceeded your storage limit on the server. To make space available, move messages from the server to your local folders. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp ', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'No Storage Space', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCCF3 Try logging in to your hotmail account and see if you have reached t...

is there a way to add new flag colours in outlook
i would like to add more Coloured flags in outlook, is there a way to do this "alpaj" <alpaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95E6B55B-E53B-403D-AD00-EF89313CDDC5@microsoft.com... >i would like to add more Coloured flags in outlook, is there a way to do >this You didn't state which version of Outlook that you are using. However, Outlook 2003 Help returned this (remember the F1 key has never broken anything) : Change the message flag color Show All Hide All For messages 1.. Select the messages that you want to cha...

Terminal server CRM Outlook Sessions affects CRM desktop outlook
Hi; CRM 4: I have a user who uses Outlook CRM client both on her desktop and on her Terminal Server session (not at the same time). She has a problem in that the CRM toolbar and tracking becoming disabled on the desktop when she has been using CRM Outlook via the terminal server. I have looked at her CRM settings using the Terminal Server CRM client and it has the "use this client for synchronisation tick box" greyed out but with a tick in it. I would have thought that this should not be ticked as it is not the main CRM Outlook tool for the user. Any help greatly appreciated....

Outlook to Large groups
What's the best way to send a single e-mail to over 3300 addresses contained in a contacts folder. The contents of the folder changes daily. ...

outlook 2007 error message in archive folders
for no discernable reason some and only some of my archive folders will no longer open and give the following error message: the message interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists restart Oultlook I have restarted not only outlook but rebooted my computer with no positive result. I have also gone back a month to a restore point but this has not changed the position. As I say it is only some files and then only some subfiles in larger files. One month ago there were no issues. I have added no new programs to the computer Try running scanpst.exe against y...

CRM for Outlook 2007 12-07-07
Hi, I have a client using CRM through VPN. Every now and then they try to open Outlook without first establishing a VPN connection and get the following message (as expected): "The Microsoft CRM server is unavailable. Would you like to work offline with previously synchronized data? etc..." 9/10 times they would click "Yes", but every now and then they forget and click "Cancel". In doing so, CRM seems to disable and when Outlook is opened again I get the following message: "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Micr...

Outlook calendar as desktop wallpaper
Is there a way to send my Outlook calendar to my desktop so that it's always in front of me without having to open Outlook? I am using Office 2003. http://www.digidashlive.com/AD_DD.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, beakmom asked: | Is there a way to send my Outlook calendar to my desktop so that it's | always in front of me without having to open Outlook? I am using | Office 2003. I went to the link...

Outlook and news server details...
Does anyone know where, on-line you can get the details that allow you to read these newsgroup messages in Outlook Express, rather than on the web? Like the "proper" group names and the likes... As always, thanks in advance to use Outlook Express (or any other news client) to read the Microsoft newsgroups, use msnews.microsoft.com as the server name. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http...

Outlook 2000 #65
There is no From: line when I compose an e-mail. This does not allow me to choose which mail server I want the e- mail to be sent from. How do I fixed this? Do you have Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail Only mode or in Corporate/Workgroup mode? If you're not sure, check the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:042301c3ae1f$0b71c350$a401280a@phx.gbl, Bill wrote: > There is no From: line...

Adding 2nd email acct. to Outlook 2002
Hi: In older versions of Outlook you were able to add/view an 2nd email acct by setting permission on the Exchange server and setting it up as a service on the local PC. It appears 2002 gives the option to add an email acct. under tools but then gives an error saying only 1 acct can be on the exchange server. I would love to know the steps for allowing a user to see two different email messages under 1 Outlook icon. Thanks, A :-) you can only have one Exchange account per profile. "Air" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cac301c48a1a$75b6...

Duplicate Mailbox in Outlook 2003 #2
I am running Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP SP2 machine. Outlook is configured to connect to an Exchange 2003 server. Under the "All Mail Folders" in Outlook 2003, it lists my mailbox twice - one with the Outlook Today icon and one with the Personal Folder icon (even though it is not a personal folder). Clicking on either one displays the exact same contents and folders. I tried going into the email account options to see if I can remove the duplicate account but there is only one Exchange account is listed. I am not running Outlook in cached mode. I do have a PPC I sync with...

Printing in Outlook
As an example when I receive the Microsoft Newsletter by E Mail I cannot get it to print the whole document. It cuts off text on the right hand side and resetting the marin does not cure the problem.All my other printing is OK. Thanks to anyone. BARRY ...

Outlook Stop Syncronize
Hi! My Outlook stoped synchronize with the exchange server. What i do? Tks, Edgard. ...

Outlook 2002 Vcard attachment shows as a .msg file-opens but no information
I am receiving forwarded attachments as a Vcard file from a contact list. It shows up as an envelope on the attachment and as a .msg file. It opens but there is no information there other than a name. Is there a setting in Outlook that is incorrect or is this something to do with a setting in the Microsoft Exchange Server Administrative Rules. I have searched the knowledge base and cannot find any specific answers yet. Anyone have any feedback on this or the same problem? Help! Thanks. Carl ...

Will I have to pay twice for a certificate?
As I know nothing about certificates, I went to a supplier (telling them this was SBS 2008) who gave me advice, suggested I use their website utility to create a CSR and sold me a GlobalSign SAN SSL certificate. I hadn't appreciated that the certificate wizard generates a perfectly good CSR all on its own. I now discover that their advice to use my internet domain name (as in mydomain.com) as the common name is wrong because the SBS wizard defaults to remote.mydomain.com (which is what I want). At first they said I'd need to pay for another certificate. Then they said they had ...

Outlook Calendar, 3 pop quiz questions...
Am using Outlook 2002 Calendar, wondered if someone might have experienced these and had suggestions, thanks: -1) DRAGGING ONLY DOES TODAY? If I DRAG a recurring event at let's say "Check email at 9am every day" to a new time like 10am, Calendar only moves today's event. Is there an *easy* way to make it apply to all recurrences, like the way Palm OS does it.you just drag it, it asks if you want it to apply to today or entire series, you answer, and that's that. -2) 15-EVENT MAX? Seems like if there are more than 15 all-day events (known as untimed events in Palm...

Outlook won't communicate with gmail
I downloaded a bunch of Microsoft Updates on Monday. After that I cleaned up files/internet stuff/registry with CCleaner. I had reinstalled Office 2003 a few days before this, and most or all of the updates were for Office. My send/'receive hasn't worked since then. Nor can I retrieve any emails that I double click on. The first and second times I did a send/receive, I saw the message "sending message 1 of 1," although nothing was in the inbox to be sent. After that, on both occasions, the hourglass remained until I opened the task manager, which both times to...

Outlook 2003 is better than I thought
Is this the latest version? At first I wanted to stay with Eudora but after using this I can understand why Eudora is no longer beign sold in stores. Although it was my first pop3 client, Outlook 2003 is many times better. However I do miss Pure Voice. But most did not use this, and most will not (because of the advent of cell phones). But then again Pure Voice was nice for sending voice mails to overseas people. John -- Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heave...

Outlook times out when receiving
Outlook 2000 SP3 has been working just fine on a WinXP SP2 system. Now it sends ok, but times out when trying to receive. All the settings are the same as they have been. Outlook 2000 email works fine with an older Win98 system using the same settings, so its not the server. Any ideas? What error message do you get? Do you use a virusscanner that scans incoming mail? If so; disable the incoming mail scan and see if it still happens. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed w...

microsoft outlook enable marcos
I used MS Office Professional Edition: MS OFFICE Word 2003 and Outlook 2003: Security LEVEL must set: very high, high, med, and low which? then Mail Format USE MS OFFICE Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages, USE MS OFFICE Word 2003 to read Rich Text e-mail messages. I do not want getting nagging display of ENABLE MACROS. Can you explaining me to step to step instructs me? Please help me. Thanks. David You didn't say whether you wanted macros to run at all. Or whether you'd = actually looked in Outlook or Word VBA to see which program has any = macros.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, O...

subdocument will not open
Hello, I just finished a chapter of work today and was reorganising the master document and somehow word now thinks my subdocument is the master or something along those lines and will not open it. I can't open the subdocument on it's own. I keep getting the error message: subdocument cannot be inserted because it is the master document or because it contains the current master document as a subdocument. In my attempt to fix this I seem to have lost any mention of my subdocument within the master so now all I have is my subdocument file that will not open. Has anyone s...

Uninstall/Re-install CRM for Outlook
After installing CRM for Outlook on a client computer (Win XP and Office 2003), CRM 1.2, Exchange 2003, Server 2003, I had a problem with a profile, which I deleted. From that time on, nothing worked, the CRM for Outlook would not work, I could not uninstall the CRM from Add/Remove Programs (I get this message: "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed"). I can't re-install either as I am notified that the product is already installed. I can't remove folders (Microsoft CrM) as some files are in use... What to do? Could you please give ...

.msg file access violation in Outlook
Hi, I have a .msg file that was created using Outlook 2000 SP-3. I am able to open the file only once in every boot cycle. The rest of the time I get a shariung violation (when moving/deleting) or an access violation message when re-opening in Outlook. How do I solve this? Thanks. -- AKS "dee" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a .msg file that was created using Outlook 2000 SP-3. > > I am able to open the file only once in every boot cycle. The rest of > the time I get a shariung violation (when moving/deleting) or an access > violation message when re-op...

Predefined distribution list in outlook template
Hi everyone, Here is my current situation, I have a central mailbox to send out urgent messages to predefined distribution list in my Personal Address Book (PAB). The problem is message owners need to rely on me all the times (even when I am not in the office!) to send out messages since I am the person who maintain the distribution list and to make sure the message sent to right group of people. I think this is not a efficient process. I am looking for an automation way so that message owners can send out messages themselves while making use of the distribution list I maintain. I...