Outlook.exe has generated errors...etc.

There are two email messages in my inbox. If I even touch either of
them, Outlook abends with a message saying:

  Outlook.exe has generated errors and will be closed.

and

  An error log is being generated.

These emails are from known contacts. I am fairly sure they are not
infected. In any case, Norton (Synamtec?) antivirus usually catches
viruses.

Is there anything I can do?

Is there anything in that error log? It took 30-40 seconds to write
out. Where is it?

Thanks

invalid (293)

Dear,
Try Detect and Repair from  Help menu. If that doesn't work then you may
need to reinstall the OL.

--
Hope this helps you more
Regards

"LurfysMa" wrote:

> There are two email messages in my inbox. If I even touch either of
> them, Outlook abends with a message saying:
>
>   Outlook.exe has generated errors and will be closed.
>
> and
>
>   An error log is being generated.
>
> These emails are from known contacts. I am fairly sure they are not
> infected. In any case, Norton (Synamtec?) antivirus usually catches
> viruses.
>
> Is there anything I can do?
>
> Is there anything in that error log? It took 30-40 seconds to write
> out. Where is it?
>
> Thanks

Anver (91)
7/31/2005 6:13:01 AM
On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 23:13:01 -0700, "Anver"
<Anver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Dear,
>Try Detect and Repair from  Help menu. If that doesn't work then you may
>need to reinstall the OL.

The Detect & Repair panel offers me a check box to "restore my
shortcuts". I can't find this described ih the help. What does it do?
Do I want it checked or unchecked?

Thanks

invalid (293)
7/31/2005 6:43:50 AM
Dear,
There is nothing to worry on shortcuts - If you say yes OL will restore your
shortcuts on Outlook bar. If no then outlook will restore its original state.
--
Hope this helps you more
Regards

"LurfysMa" wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 23:13:01 -0700, "Anver"
> <Anver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Dear,
> >Try Detect and Repair from  Help menu. If that doesn't work then you may
> >need to reinstall the OL.
>
> The Detect & Repair panel offers me a check box to "restore my
> shortcuts". I can't find this described ih the help. What does it do?
> Do I want it checked or unchecked?
>
> Thanks

Anver (91)
7/31/2005 8:17:01 AM
On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 01:17:01 -0700, "Anver"
<Anver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Dear,
>There is nothing to worry on shortcuts - If you say yes OL will restore your
>shortcuts on Outlook bar. If no then outlook will restore its original state.

I tried the Detect and Repair with the Restore my Shortcuts box
checked. After a few minutes, I got this message:

  Error 1321. The Installer has insufficient privileges to modify this
file:

c:\library\Software\office\PRO\disk1\PFiles\MSOffice\Office\1033\EMAIL.DOT

I am offered the choices of Cancel, Retry, & Ignore.

Now what?

Thanks

invalid (293)
7/31/2005 12:59:12 PM
Are you a user or admin on this machine?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, LurfysMa asked:

| On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 01:17:01 -0700, "Anver"
| <Anver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
|
|| Dear,
|| There is nothing to worry on shortcuts - If you say yes OL will
|| restore your shortcuts on Outlook bar. If no then outlook will
|| restore its original state.
|
| I tried the Detect and Repair with the Restore my Shortcuts box
| checked. After a few minutes, I got this message:
|
|  Error 1321. The Installer has insufficient privileges to modify this
| file:
|
| c:\library\Software\office\PRO\disk1\PFiles\MSOffice\Office\1033\EMAIL.DOT
|
| I am offered the choices of Cancel, Retry, & Ignore.
|
| Now what?
|
| Thanks

0
MillyS (3228)
7/31/2005 7:17:17 PM
On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 12:17:17 -0700, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote:

>Are you a user or admin on this machine?
>
>--?
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

I am the only user. It's a laptop. It's connected to a 2-node p2p lan,
but nothing is installed over the lan.

>After furious head scratching, LurfysMa asked:
>
>| On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 01:17:01 -0700, "Anver"
>| <Anver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>|
>|| Dear,
>|| There is nothing to worry on shortcuts - If you say yes OL will
>|| restore your shortcuts on Outlook bar. If no then outlook will
>|| restore its original state.
>|
>| I tried the Detect and Repair with the Restore my Shortcuts box
>| checked. After a few minutes, I got this message:
>|
>|  Error 1321. The Installer has insufficient privileges to modify this
>| file:
>|
>| c:\library\Software\office\PRO\disk1\PFiles\MSOffice\Office\1033\EMAIL.DOT
>|
>| I am offered the choices of Cancel, Retry, & Ignore.
>|
>| Now what?
>|
>| Thanks

invalid (293)

CRM address book in Outlook

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

random number generator
Hey is there a way to generate random numbers like you would for a draft. In other words, i have numbers 1 through 10 and generate a random order for those? Use the RAND() function. If 1-10 are in A1:A10, enter =RAND() in cell B1 and copy it down through B10. Recalc (F9), then sort by column B. Hope this helps, Hutch "pat67" wrote: > Hey is there a way to generate random numbers like you would for a > draft. In other words, i have numbers 1 through 10 and generate a > random order for those? > . > You would have to generate 10 random numbers ...

Error 550 Relaying denied

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

Document Viewer installer error

using the journal on outlook