Outlook XP exporting into Entourage v.X

Is there anyway to import directly from Outlook XP into
the new Entourage v.X?  The only outlook that says is
capable of direct import is Outlook Express 5.  This
makes no sense.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you.
0
anonymous (74722)

OUTLOOK 2003 cannot empty "Deleted Items"
There is a discarde folder in my "Deleted Items" folder. This folder cannot be permanently deleted. The only way I can empty the "deleted items" folder is with one of the following workarounds: move the folder to another location first, or highlight the messages in the main "deleted items" folder and press shift+delete. However, the basic problem remains of being unable to delete the items in this discarded folder, or the folder itself. I have run scanpst.ext and repaired the outlook .pst file to see if that would help. It did not. The exact message, wh...

Backup BCM database in Outlook 2003 w/BCM
I have a user who will be using the Business Contact Manager in Outlook 2003. I se the built-in method of backing up the database, but is there a way to allow me to do unattended backups of it or if the PC is off? If I could store the database on the server (SBS2003) that would be great. Alternatively I'm looking for some other options to automate it as much as possible so there is no or minimal user interaction, or at worst, something launched just before leaving for the day that stores it on the server. If this isn't the right place, please point me to the right place. Thank...

Outlook crashes because it is trying to retrieve data from exchange??
I am constantly getting a problem where Outlook is crashing on client machines, and we are getting the little nag in the bottom of the screen saying that "Outlook is trying to retrieve data from exchange". this is causing many headaches(as you can imagine) and everyone around here is getting frustrated with Exchange/Outlook. What is there that could be causing this? Installed on 2003 Enterprise with all updates, dual 3.6ghz Xeon, 8Gb of ram. Exchange SP2 also with all updates. Roughly 85 mailboxes. Outlook 2003 with all updates, all running in cached mode. **I do have 2 Nics l...

Excel 2002 (XP)
I have data in cells and I'm using inner and outer borders. There are times I like to move or cut a few cell and paste else where. When I do that, the original location where the data was, the borders are gone. Is there a way to move/cut data and keep the format/borders intact? Note: When I do the above using copy, the original format stays intact. But this means I have to go back and delete the data. I prefer to move/cut just the data, and leave the borders as is. Thanks, MarkC Hi Mark! When you cut or move a cell, both the data and the cell formatting it cut/moved. If you co...

Maximum number of rows in Excel XP (2002)
Can someone tell me the MAXIMUM number of rows in Excel XP or how high have you been? We are getting read to deploy Office XP and this is something we are taking into concersation. Please Advise Thanks Kevin Payton kpayton@amig.com Hi Kevin 65536 rows per worksheet, absolute limit. Wether Excel is "filled" before that depends on "rows with what". Pure text and numbers require no muscle. Formulas are more demanding, how much is depending on their complexity. Formatting like fonts and borders bloat the files and eats graphical memory, so does controls and graphics. I&...

Outlook XP sp3 and IPAQ
I have 2 users on our network that have been getting warning messages from Outlook saying that a program is trying to access e-mail addresses in their Outlook address book. It appears to happen everytime they go to sync their IPAQ handhelds. Does anyone know the solution to this problem. I have seen the reference to Palm OS on the slipstick site, but haven't seen anything about Windows PC. Thanks in advance, Bob Showalter What version of Active Sync are you using? -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP ...

Does Outlook reply to bcc recipients on a reply to all?
Hi I've just had a minor email disaster where someone, who shouldn't have received a copy of an email I sent, got one. The incoming email to which I was replying was sent to me and one other recipient. Clearly I could not see whether it had been bcc-ed to anyone apart from the two recipients I could see. I replied to all and could see that it went only to the intended recipients, but it became clear a few days later that someone else had received a copy. Given who they are, it seems possible that the original email may have been bcc-ed to them. Could my 'reply to a...

Outlook 2003: RPC over HTTP user interface options missing
Hi, I am trying to configure configuring RPC over HTTP and the user interface options are missing on the connection tab of the advanced configuration of the email account. I have done this successfully on several other Outlook 2003 PC's. TIA You need to apply the hotfix for Outlook 2003: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=331320 -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Lance Murphy" <lanceo@cox.net> wrote in message news:%23DFgLjkzDHA.1856@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am trying to configure configuring RPC ...

New XP Workstation installed, old emails not appearing
We use Exchange Server 2000. We installed a new XP workstation for one employee. After setting up Outlook on his machine to access the Exchange server, it only brought in a handful of his old emails stored on the server. On the server I can see that his email box is still very large. How do I tell his Outlook to "refresh" the list of old emails he sees and has access to? Newbie here. In news:A2441E61-DEE9-461D-B212-71E0C5315072@microsoft.com, Keith Lamb <Keith Lamb@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > We use Exchange Server 2000. We installed a new XP workstation ...

Field exports to Excel should retain number type and not be text.
When exporting data to Excel from Microsoft CRM some field types (example Money) should retain a number format during the export and not be changed to a text value. This would help when using Excel for totaling columns, or in getting dynamic pivot tables to calculate correctly when inserting column fields. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in th...

Outlook Crashing Repeatedly with CRM Users
Outlook 2003 SP2. Updated to most recent updates. CRM 3.0. Outlook is crashing, it can be reproduced by opening an email linked to CRM, then closing the message, then reopening it. Closing it the second time crashes Outlook every single time. There may be other actions that crash it also. Is anyone hearing anything similar? After recent updates to Outlook or anything? Thanks! Will The following things have been tried and have not worked to fix the problem: Uninstall CRM Delete Outlook profile Recreate profile Install CRM "Will Niccolls" <leatherwon@yahoo.com>...

Can't Reply or Forward an email in Outlook 2007
I'm using Outlook 2007 SP1 and am having an issue where I can't reply to or forward a message if I have the option set to include the original message text with the email. It gives me one of those report this error to Microsoft messages, then boots me out. I can include the original text as an attachment or specify to not include the original message text and it will work. Another weird thing is I can't copy and paste something into a new email message or else I get that same Microsoft error message, but I can copy and paste something into a Reply to message. It doesn't mak...

Outlook XP (2002) cannot find reply address
When I reply to an email, Outlook does not find the address of the person I am replying to and instead asks me to tell it using that fun little dialog that creates a new address book entry. I don't need or want everyone that sends me an email in my address book, and want it to stop checking for an entry there and just use the one on the email I am replying to - like all previous versions of Outlook (97 & 2000) did. ...

Outlook Window Resizing in RegEdit
I have had a problem with some software which appears to have sized the Outlook window to a size which makes it disappear from the screen. If I Alt Tab to it and hit Alt and the Down Arrow, I can see the menu's, but no window. If I Maximise it from the Task Bar then it runs full screen, but I want to run it at the original half- screen sized window. I know that there is a way of editing the size of the window in the System Registry. Does anyone know where this can be done? I am fairly competent with Reg Edit. Thanks. ...

Cannot open Outlook #2
I am using Windows XP home edition. I wanted to copy my Outlook addresses to load them on a series of workstations at my office. vCards worked but it was laborious. So, I managed to copy the .pst files to a cd. Somehow in my manipulations, Outlook will now open only if I leave the backup, mailbox and extend files open on my desktop. If I place them anywhere else, including the Outlook folder, I get an error message that the .pst file cannot be found. How can I restore Outlook to its previous state? Robert What do you mean by "leave the backup, mailbox and extend files open on my desktop...

Outlook Calendar
Simplistic question but I don't want my outlook calendar to show times from 9pm to 7am. But I can't seem to find out how to elimiate this from view. I have been able to start my workday at 7am but it still hows other times in different shade. Can you help? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice A Framework to Animate WPF and Silverlight Pages Similar to the PowerPoint Slides http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/7390a840-dd39-4c35-9940-c7354940d878/a-framework-to-animate-wp.aspx <andrew margolius> wrote in message news:20104161502an...

Outlook 2003 Spam Filter and Rules...
Please help if you can, I've had this problem for months and it affects me everyday. Here is the issue: I run a website and get a ton of email. I use outlook 2003's junk filter. Unfortunately, the junk filter runs before any rules I have setup (My rules look for a particular subject line.). Since outlook's junk email filter runs before my rules, and rules only run in the inbox, I end up with legitimate emails going to the junk email box. Currently I run the rules in the junkbox manually. This is a big pain. Anyone have ideas? On 1/18/2005 9:25:12 PM, "bloodfart" ...

importing data into outlook
Is it possible to import data from ACT for a Mac into outlook 2002? How does one do it. ...

microsoft Outlook #49
I see emails being downloaded but they do not show up in my inbox. They are not in the junk mail folder or to be found anywhere! Where are the emails??? How can I prevent this from happening? I am using a windows Vista computer 2009 with Outlook 2007- Maybe you need to check the Outlook View settings "RD" <RD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3DCE6EA-C4F4-42DC-8854-985CF1C40F9D@microsoft.com... >I see emails being downloaded but they do not show up in my inbox. They >are > not in the junk mail folder or to be found anywhere! Where are the ...

Outlook Auto Send/Receive Broke.
I have tried all the fixes around for this. Tried copy all accounts and disabled F9 box Tried disable scheduled events Tried setting interval to 5 and higher Nothing works. I have to press F9 each time to check mail. This is ridiculous. Is there anything else i can try? I'm afraid I will miss mail from clients in a timely manner. We have no idea what fixes you tried and you would need to tell us. It is also difficult to determine why automatic polling is failing when you do not post your mail account type, connection type and polling settings. If automatic polling once worked and...

Updating Outlook Profiles after Exchange Upgrade
I see that our Outlook clients are pointing to the new Ex 2003 mail srvr. This happened without any intervention on my part. The old 5.5 srvr is still there but has been diconnected from the network. I am noticing some clients that are not pointing to the new mail srvr. I find that I have to reconnect the old 5.5 srvr in order for them to connect. The mailbox was successfully moved to the new srvr when I moved the rest. Once they are connected I can then go back and disconnect the 5.5 server. This procedure is only needed once per client in distress. My question I guess is what exactl...

Outlook signed messages appear to have an attachment?
[apologies for multi-posting, posting to the other NG was inadvertent] As you may know, when you digitally sign an email to an Outlook user, the signature crypto block in a signed email is sent as one part in MIME multi-part format. I can also see (using OE's distressingly more capable message source viewer) that the content-disposition of the signature block is 'attachment'. So I'm sure someone will say that it's 'correct behavior' for Outlook to show the attachment (paperclip) icon on any signed message -- but let's get real here: a digital sig isn't a...

Exporting to Windows Live Mail
How do I export messages from OE6 to Windows Live Mail? -- Paul If WLMail is on the same machine, it will import automatically. To go to another machine....... Transferring data from Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail: For messages: Copy the *ENTIRE* OE message store folder to a flash drive. (Folders.dbx must be included). Place this on the Desktop or other location on the machine using WLMail. Open WLMail and: File | Import | Messages | Microsoft Outlook Express 6 and point to where you saved it. OE Message Store Location: In OE: Tools | Options | Maintenance | S...

JPGs changing color when importing/exporting
Two related questions I have a color managed workflow, with a profiled monitor and Epson 1290 printer. I use Photoshop CS2 and Pub 2002. I prepare my images in PS and save them as JPGs with sRGB color profiles. I am trying to create a full year calendar in Pub on a single page with a different image for each month. I have the dates in an excel worksheet which I insert as an object. Q1 - When I import my images into Pub they all lack in vribrancy and saturation. I know that I can change brightness & contrast in format picture but a) this should be necessary & b) it doesnt get th...

outlook contact
I lost my contact list & calender when I cleaned up my inbox. How CAN I RESTORE IT? From your backup or deleted folder, but then you might mean something else "cutie" <bhaktan@ca.rr.com> wrote in message news:6C7B5121-0E30-4E30-B04A-7785D6C015D2@microsoft.com... >I lost my contact list & calender when I cleaned up my inbox. > How CAN I RESTORE IT? ...