Outlook XP asking for username/password/domain on startup

I seem to have a problem in that each time I startup Outlook XP with
accessing Exchange I get a dialogue box coming up asking for a username /
password / domain. I put in the required info and the domain will not allow
more than 8 characters.

I deleted the profile and created the profile and I'm still having the same
issue when creating the email account.

I'm running the latest fixes for Office XP / Windows XP.

Any idea's on this?

0
john9859 (28)

Hi John,

maybe this site could help:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290684/en-us

--
Oliver Vukovics
Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder

"John" <john@edd.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I seem to have a problem in that each time I startup Outlook XP with
> accessing Exchange I get a dialogue box coming up asking for a username /
> password / domain. I put in the required info and the domain will not
> allow
> more than 8 characters.
>
> I deleted the profile and created the profile and I'm still having the
> same
> issue when creating the email account.
>
> I'm running the latest fixes for Office XP / Windows XP.
>
> Any idea's on this?

0
trash5936 (201)
4/2/2007 12:04:25 PM
I'm using an internal MS Exchange server and not an ISP.

Still having the same issue. But if I remove the profile and create a new
profile with a different name I can access Outlook and the MS Exchange
server. Once I exit outlook and go back in again I'm prompted with the
username/password/domain again and can't login.

Any idea's on what is causing this to happen and a solution for this issue?

Thanks

"Oliver Vukovics" <trash@publicshareware.com> wrote in message
> Hi John,
>
> maybe this site could help:

> Oliver Vukovics
> Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder
> Synchronisation for Notebooks: Public SyncTool
> http://www.publicshareware.com
>
> "John" <john@edd.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>I seem to have a problem in that each time I startup Outlook XP with
>> accessing Exchange I get a dialogue box coming up asking for a username /
>> password / domain. I put in the required info and the domain will not
>> allow
>> more than 8 characters.
>>
>> I deleted the profile and created the profile and I'm still having the
>> same
>> issue when creating the email account.
>>
>> I'm running the latest fixes for Office XP / Windows XP.
>>
>> Any idea's on this?

0
john9859 (28)
4/9/2007 3:15:15 PM
Hi John,

i am sorry. I only know this website of Microsoft with a local (ISP)
installation.

Perhaps you could ask the same question in an Exchange Newsgroup:
news:microsoft.public.exchange.setup or

They will know  more about Exchange.

--

> I'm using an internal MS Exchange server and not an ISP.
>
> Still having the same issue. But if I remove the profile and create a new
> profile with a different name I can access Outlook and the MS Exchange
> server. Once I exit outlook and go back in again I'm prompted with the
> username/password/domain again and can't login.
>
> Any idea's on what is causing this to happen and a solution for this
> issue?
>
> Thanks
>
> "Oliver Vukovics" <trash@publicshareware.com> wrote in message
>> Hi John,
>>
>> maybe this site could help:
>>
>> --
>> Oliver Vukovics
>> Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder
>> Synchronisation for Notebooks: Public SyncTool
>> http://www.publicshareware.com
>>
>> "John" <john@edd.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>>I seem to have a problem in that each time I startup Outlook XP with
>>> accessing Exchange I get a dialogue box coming up asking for a username
>>> /
>>> password / domain. I put in the required info and the domain will not
>>> allow
>>> more than 8 characters.
>>>
>>> I deleted the profile and created the profile and I'm still having the
>>> same
>>> issue when creating the email account.
>>>
>>> I'm running the latest fixes for Office XP / Windows XP.
>>>
>>> Any idea's on this?

0
trash5936 (201)

Remove Outlook
Hello. I am experiencing a problem where mail doesn't get processed in the Inbox or Outbox until I click on it in the Folder List. The OS is Windows 2000 and the suite is Office 2002. It isn't a profile issue (it happens to anyone logged in), and it isn't a setting (it is intermittent). I have tried a complete uninstall of Office, but the problem persists. Is there a procedure for a complete removal of Office XP? Thanks. OL2002: You Cannot Receive New E-mail Notifications in Environments That Use the Network Address Translation http://support.microsoft.com/default....

Resolving same name alias in 2 diff. domains
Problem: User in Domain A has the same alias (email name) as user in Domain B. User in Domain A trying to send an email to user in domain B the email goes to the user in domain A (again they have the same Alias) how do I tell Exchange server in Domain A not to resolve against it’s own directory of alias and send as its addressed? Infrustructure: domain A is a test: Server 2003 and Exchange 2003 all defaults during setup. Domain B: production 2000 and 2003. On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 08:01:06 -0700, HMR <HMR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Problem: User in Domain A has the same ali...

Outlook Operation Failed #2
I'm running Outlook 2007 connected to Exchange 2007. When I press the Send/Receive button, I get error 0x80190193 - The operation failed. As far as I can tell, the user's accounts are synchronized. This error only occurs when I press the Send/Receive button; it does not occur during Outlook's scheduled send/receive. I've tried disabling Outlook Anywhere and have deleted and recreated the user's profile. Anyone have any insight on this specific error? I can't seem to find anything on the net for this error code. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_N...

Gmail to Outlook 2002
I need the steps to set up a gmail account to Outlook 2002. Google is your friend! Your Google-Fu must not be working well today. http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13278 -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Paul" wrote: > I need the steps to set up a gmail account to Outlook 2002. Maybe my Google-Fu is a little off too, here's the info for 2002: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13276 Have a great weekend. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ h...

Outlook Appointments and VB.Net
Hi all. Having some problems writing code for an Outlook Application. Yea I know who has not written on of these. But still. I'm blind. I have not been able to find a good reference on how to do this. All I want to do is look at my appointments and then send myself a page about 15 minutes before my appointment. Oh yea. This is VB.Net and I have not been able to find a really good example for .Net. I found plenty for VB6 but have not for .Net 2003. So at this point I have 2 problems. #1 in the for loop it does not recognize that I have re-occuring appointment even though I have...

Outlook 2010 and other users folder
I was wondering what has happened to opening other users folders. 2007 you could open the inbox and it appeared to left tree pane. Now if I do same in 2010 it just opens the mailbox but does not create link to inbox in left pane. rahi wrote: > I was wondering what has happened to opening other users folders. 2007 you > could open the inbox and it appeared to left tree pane. Now if I do same in > 2010 it just opens the mailbox but does not create link to inbox in left pane. Forums for Microsoft Office 2010 (still beta to non-subscribers of Technet or MSDN) For IT p...

Can I Download My Hotmail Inbox into Outlook?
I tried to set up my Outlook 2003 Inbox to sync with my hotmail account and got a message that "Access to Hotmail via Outlook and Outlook Express now requires a subscription. Please sign up at http://join.msn.com/general/Email. " When I went to the page mentioned, I couldn't see anything to do with "Subscription" other than an invitation to sign up for a Live Hotmail account, which I already have. Help! 1Learner. "JohnL" <1learner@live.com> wrote: >I tried to set up my Outlook 2003 Inbox to sync with my hotmail account and >got a messag...

Various quick questions regarding Outlook 2003
1. Does anybody know if Outlook 2003 only blocks images, or does it block all remote-access resources (style sheets, scripts, etc.)? 2. I've read in many posts that the Save My Settings Wizard doesn't do a good job of saving account settings. What exactly are its shortcomings? Does it save rules as well? If I migrate to another machine by using the Restore My Settings Wizard, loading the RWZ (if the Wizard doesn't save rules), and importing the PST, will the rules' links to accounts be broken? What about links to folders? 3. Is there a way to disable grouping for all ma...

Outlook 2003 data recovery other than .pst/.ost
HI Guys, Recently my old PC got crashed & now I am trying to transfer all the relevant data to new m/c but I am not able to recover emails from the outlook 2003. As I dont see any .pst/.ost files on that m/c. Is there any other format those emails would be stored ? How do I restore it on my new pc. Thanks for your help Venkat In news:1130383029.526144.269300@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com, venkat <venkatakrishnabr@gmail.com> typed: > HI Guys, > > Recently my old PC got crashed & now I am trying to transfer all the > relevant data to new m/c but I am not able to re...

outlook express fails to initialize
Outlook express does not start anymore, I double click on the shortcut, on the file in the outlook express folder in program files and nothing. I try to import the messages in the outlook and it says that wnother program is using the folder, I should close that one and try again, but there is no program using that folder. The only thing that happened recently is that I installed framework 1.1 and 2. Please advice! Thanks! Start here. When OE crashes or won't start: http://www.insideoe.com/problems/errors.htm#crash -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] ...

Outlook 2007 CPU running too high.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C829FB.9D2D4920 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello All, Hoping that there is someone out there that has seen this issue because = I am in a real pickle with e-mails, calenders and tasks that may have = been corrupted. So here is some background a.. Computer: Dell Inspiron 6400 Laptop=20 b.. CRU: Intel Core 2 Duo T5500=20 c.. Memory: 2-Gb=20 d.. HDD 120-Gb=20 e.. OS - Windows Vista with the latest updates sine 14th November, = 2007 Antiv...

Remove a third party (PDF) toolbar item from Outlook's Untitled message toolbar
How does one remove a third party (Adobe PDF) toolbar item from Outlook's Untitled message toolbar permanently. Where is this info stored? sounds like you have Adobe Acrobat installed. Why not simply un-install it. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms SBCM wrote: > How does one remove a third party (Adobe PDF) toolbar item > from Outlook's Untitled message toolbar permanently. > Where is this info stored? ...

Link Excel dates with Outlook Calendar
I have a spreadsheet which contains expiry dates. I would like to know if there's a way of linking the dates directly into Outlook without having to manually insert the dates in Outlook as there are quite a lot of them and they will be subject to change. If VBA is the only answer, please provide dummy instructions as I am by no means an expert with VBA. Many thanks in advance. Depends on what you want Outlook to do. Do you want a task reminder on the expiry date? HTH, JP On Jun 15, 6:07=A0am, Frangle <Fran...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a spreadsheet which ...

Startup Options
I would like Excel to start without opening a blank document. The help file says to add a /e to the end of the target path in the shortcut properties tab. But when I do this I receive a message saying "The name is not valid. Make sure the path and filename are correct". I have tried it using a space and without a space, using quotes and without quotes and nothing works. Can anyone help me out? Edward You are probably putting the space/e inside the quotes". Try putting it OUTSIDE -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software Granite Shoals, TX donaldb@281.com "Edward" <...

Can not install Outlook
I have installed MS office 2003 on a new Windows 7 computer. Office 2003 has been activated successfully. I am now trying to set up Outllok and I can set up the e-mail account, test settings successfully, however after I hit next, I get the following message: Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Outlook could not start because a data file to send and receive e-mail could not be found. To add a data file, such as a personal folder file, double=click the Mail icon in Windows Control Panel. So... I go to the controlc panel, open the Mail folder, click on data files, ...

outlook 2000 #112
When you press the customize outlook today button on the tool bar you get no response and can not customize the page. What could it be? Thanks try this!! pretty complicated stuff.... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820575 "Alan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:664101c3e5f4$32d819f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When you press the customize outlook today button on the > tool bar you get no response and can not customize the > page. > > What could it be? > > Thanks ...

unwanted text included in replies, Outlook 2003
I have a coworker in my office who's Outlook is behaving strangely. She created a fax cover page in Word a few weeks ago. Ever since then the text of that page is included in every reply she sends to anybody. I've tried going through her settings with no luck, also tried a general google search. This is not part of a sig or wallpaper file. Word is not set as the default email editor. She has no active rules. Does anyone out there have any ideas? ...

Outlook/Exchange rules
I've upgraded from OfficeXP to Office2003. I had a large number of rules I used in OutlookXP that were working w/o problem. After I upgraded and used Outlook2003, when I go into the rules dialogue, look at or make changes then click "Ok" or "Apply", I get the following error: "One or more rules could not be uploaded to Exchange server and have been deactivated. This could be because some of the parameters are not supported or there is insufficient space to store all of your rules". I just checked with my sysadmin and I have more than enough space availabl...

Outlook Rules Won't Trigger Automatically
I am using Outlook 2003 and have some simple rules setup that move messages to folders based on who they are addressed to (for newslists I am subscribed to). Suddenly the rules have completely stopped working. I have tried deleting them and readding them and they still don't work. If I go to the rules wizard and run them, they process the mail correctly. Please help. In case anyone is interested in the solution, I believe I solved the problem. For some reason, the Junk Email setting - which I had set to white list only - was overriding the rules and moving everything to the Junk...

can't go online again in Sales for Outlook
Hi, I'm stumped. A user has been getting error dialog boxes ("unexpected error: try again or close") using Sales for Outlook recently but things seems to still be working. However, today he clicked on "offline" and turned off his laptop. Later when he clicked on "online" he got the error "unexpected error. please contact your system admin". He also tried to use another laptop but Outlook wouldn't even boot--it crashed at startup. Can anyone please help? Thanks so much. Hi Joseph, I think, that your outlook profil is corrupt. Before y...

Customize Outlook Today #27
Hi: I just upgraded my MS Office 2000 to MS Office XP and then installed SP1 and SP2 for it. I can still access Customize Outlook Today although many have had problems accessing it. However, I have a slightly different problem... the small picture in the upper left-hand corner and the picture just below "Show Outlook Today in this style" are missing. Instead I have a tiny red X in each of those locations. Can anyone tell me how to get the pictures back. They were there in Office 2000. ---- Cheers, Lloyd Lindsay E-mail: lloydhyphenlin@thehyphenwire.com You might try rebuildin...

Reminders is working oddly or not at all in Outlook 2007
I had a problem with an Outlook 1997/2002 format data file and discovered that all 221 of my reminders were no longer coming up in the reminder window. The original file was used with Outlook XP and then copied and opened between two machines one running XP and Outllok XP the other running Vista and Outlook 2007. I decided to create a new .pst file and copy all of the folders across as per Microsofts intructions on the knowledge base article. I did manage to get 66 of the reminders to reappear after this import process completed. I had attempted to run scanpst.exe which had idnetified ...

signature in outlook
I created muy signature but it appears at the beginning of the email not at the end As far as I know, that is where Outlook puts it. But you may want to ask in an Outlook forum for more on this. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "ray648" <ray648@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41EED33D-C121-4F26-BA24-31165AD404F4@microsoft.com... >I created muy signature but it appears at the beginning of the email not at > the end ...

Exchange/AD password changing webpage advice
We're trying to find out what other people are using for AD/Exchange user password changing? We are looking for a web solution that would allow an AD/Exchange user to change their own password either in the traditional manner (must know existing password) or by requiring them to answer a question that they have already been asked and that their answer for is stored in AD under their user account. I see a billion password management solutions out there, but all seem to be overkill...I don't want to setup some huge klunky password management app that does a million other things...

XP Service Pack 2
Hi, My laptop has XP with service pack 2 but the Indic language support (Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages) is not enabled. If I check the box, the XP disk is required but I don't have a functional disk drive in my laptop. Is there a way to copy the files from the service pack two? I downloaded the service pack 2 from Microsoft website but it seems it can't be extracted. I searched fro a source that allows download of this particular set of files but don't find any. What I need is support for Indian languages. Can somebody help? Thanks in advanc...