Outlook XP #30

I have encountered a problem with Outlook on my network. I autoarchive my
emails daily to a store on my server. The problem is that if my server store
is unavailable I get not only an error message but also a new 'Personal
Folders' in my folders list. This new folder contain no data and it cannot
be deleted either.
How do I get rid of this folder? When my archiving works correctly I have an
'Archive Folder' in my folders list.
Kevin

0
Kevin

See my reply to your post in microsoft.public.office.misc.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:ONVeI3YbEHA.1356@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Kevin Young wrote:

> I have encountered a problem with Outlook on my network. I
> autoarchive my emails daily to a store on my server. The problem is
> that if my server store is unavailable I get not only an error
> message but also a new 'Personal Folders' in my folders list. This
> new folder contain no data and it cannot be deleted either.
> How do I get rid of this folder? When my archiving works correctly I
> have an 'Archive Folder' in my folders list.
> Kevin

outlook attachments #24
when i goto add an attachement, it no longer goes in the little bar at the bottom. it just goes whereever it wants on the screen. how can I fix this? Dan ...

separate inbox for each account in outlook 2002
With Microsoft Outlook 2002, is there any way of creating a set of folders specifically for an email account like I can do with Outlook Express? What I would like to do is to have a separate Inbox for each email account in Outlook. Daniel "Daniel Brower" <dbrower256@msn.com> wrote in message news:%23BBfJuPuDHA.2308@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > With Microsoft Outlook 2002, is there any way of creating a set of folders > specifically for an email account like I can do with Outlook Express? What > I would like to do is to have a separate Inbox for each email account in ...

How can i make outlook emails "NON RECOVERABLE" after deleting?
How can i make outlook emails "NON RECOVERABLE" after deleting? It is really important to find a way, i do not want anyone accessing my computer to recover my emails that i have deleted. You can try compacting your PST file after you empty the Deleted Items file. That should throw a reasonable roadblock in front of those trying to recover your items. "Kat" <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4F80DAD-7BBF-4758-91A6-7BF7014E7646@microsoft.com... > How can i make outlook emails "NON RECOVERABLE" after deleting? > It is really imp...

Can no longer open Outlook with Business Contact Manager enabled... #2
Hello, Any help will be very much appreciated. I can no longer open 2003 with Business Contact Manager enabled. I have uninstalled and reinstalled BCM and created new (empty) profiles, but nothing works. How can I get BCM to work with Outlook again? Thank you. Regards, Lon ...

Does Outlook have a limitation on how many attachments it can handle in a single downloaded e-mail?
Hello. I sent a client's Gmail e-mail address (he uses Outlook in Vista) a text e-mail (no HTML and RTF formats) with over 700 text e-mail attachments from my Mozilla's SeaMonkey v2.0.14 suite. His Outlook downloaded them to his junk folder. He could not move them into inbox or mark them not junk. Also, opening the e-mails show MIME errors. Then, we figured out it seems like 248 is the maximum number of text attachments that will work to make the e-mails work correctly. Numbers above it will result this problem. Gmail shows the e-mails' attachments without any problems. Do...

Moving .pst MS Outlook files from local PC to home NAS server
I just installed a HP Mediasmart NAS home server at my home. Our storage needs are just getting to vast for each PC to store all our digital assets. Anyhow, I noticed that on my personal PC one of the largest files I have is my Microsoft Outlook 2007 .pst files. It's where MS Outlook stores all my archived emails. I'd like to learn how to MOVE this file to my HOME SERVER and POINT MS Outlook to archive all my .pst files at this location thus freeing up my local PC from these HUGE files. Does anyone know how to do this? "bob sacco" <bobsacco@discussion...

When will Microsft stop supporting XP .. and force us all to install Linux :))?
Hi all, I need to know how long we can use XP? This laptop I'm fixing, might be too old of Windows 7. Basically I have the choice between �75.78 for Windows 7 or �35 for a recovery disk for XP cheers "123Jim" <jnkjnjnini@uhnuhnunuhnuy.invalid> wrote in message news:husugs$ghh$1@news.eternal-september.org... > Hi all, > I need to know how long we can use XP? > This laptop I'm fixing, might be too old of Windows 7. > > Basically I have the choice between �75.78 for Windows 7 or �35 for a > recovery disk for XP > ok...

Importing Outlook emails into an Access table
I know that I can import data from my Outlook inbox by going to File -> Get External Data -> Import -> Select Files Of Type Outlook() etc... using the wizard but can this be done systemically via VBA code similarly to transfer text. I actually need to import data from a group account at work. I have searched hi and low through the Newsgroups and web and have found nothing. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks to all in advance, Markco NEWSGROUPS wrote: > I know that I can import data from my Outlook inbox by going to File -> Get > External Data -> Import -...

Stop Outlook Logon Prompt
I have some users that are having problems with Outlook. When they go to open a particular user's calendar, they are being prompted for logon credentials. No other user's calendar does this. At one time this was not happening. How do I stop this from occuring? Is it possibly a setting in Outlook somewhere? ...

HotMail download to default outlook inbox???
I use Outlook to get my hotmail emails, but it comes up as a differen folder. Is there any way I can get outlook to download my hotmai emails to the default outlook inbox Thanks in advance PoorDoggi ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Generally, Hotmail creates a default local PST file which gets the dat for the Hotmail account you have configured. However, if you want t have the mails in your Hotmail to go into a PST of Outlook, you ca create a rule which a...

Outlook 2007 fails to open.
The message I get is " a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". I've reinstalled MS Office Ultimate and the problem continues. Open Outlook using the safe switch and see if the problem is replicated Start>Run outlook.exe /safe (note space between exe /) "JOHN VERGHESE" <JOHN VERGHESE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FD10490-0A1B-4363-909E-175B922BDB2E@microsoft.com... > The message I get is " a problem caused the program to ...

Differences with Word and outlook as HTMl editor
We've got an issue with signature files. The signatures have an embedded image in them. The signatures have been made in word and they display fine so long as "use word 2003 as HTML editor" is checked under tools > options > mail format. If that is unchecked the signature show's everything in double line spacing. On some machines, a grey box, probably indicating the ActiveX control, shows up. If I edit the HTML file in notepad there is the usual masses amounts of XML and stylesheet information that word adds to the HTML code. Any ideas how we can stop the doubl...

hyperlinks in outlook received messages does not open
As of 2 days ago, I cannot open the hyperlingks which came in my receiving messages. I ckck on them as usual and the hyperlinks do not load. Any trick I can do for having them back, please ? Rgds Solon Seixas Sdruws <Sdruws@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > As of 2 days ago, I cannot open the hyperlingks which came in my > receiving messages. > I ckck on them as usual and the hyperlinks do not load. > Any trick I can do for having them back, please ? Try this: if Internet Explorer V6 is your web browser, open it and click Tools>Internet Options>Programs>Reset ...

Outlook standard toolbar has a mind of its own?
I have a pretty much customized "standard toolbar" in Outlook 2000. Every now and then, this toolbar changes for no apparent reason (e.g. certain buttons get text, some of them are shown twice etc.). Sometimes closing Outlook and starting it again helps to show the toolbar in the right way, but often I have to manually fix the buttons. Is there any solution to this issue? I've seen it on at least three different computers. I guess it has something to do with different "standard toolbars" shown in different views (Inbox, Calendar, Tasks...), and obviously the application...

Why Outlook is "offline" to receive,"disconnected" to send email?
When I started using Outlook a few weeks ago, it would always say "connected" when I was getting and receiving email. But recently I found (by trial and error) that I had to click it to "offline" in order to receive and "disconnected" in order to send. Moreover, I see the notice as to when the folder was last updated is sticking at 11/9 when there are messages in it since then, clearly labelled up to 11/14. I tried the "detect and repair" command, but nothing changed. what type of email account do you have? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Auth...

Filtering mail in Outlook Express
How do I filter mail in Outlook Express? I am getting too much junk mail in Express. Please help. "Kennedy." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31b201c428e7$671a4db0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do I filter mail in Outlook Express? I am getting > too much junk mail in Express. Please help. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.public.windows....

Move Outlook 2003 Flag Status Column
Is there any way to move the Outlook 2003 Flag status column from the right side of the columns list to the left side. It appears that column is the only one that is static. From the look of things the flag column will always show in the right margin no matter where it shows in the field list "Jim Smith" <jim.smith@lcu.edu> wrote in message news:Ox7XCuQbFHA.1660@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to move the Outlook 2003 Flag status column from the > right side of the columns list to the left side. It appears that column is > the only one that is sta...

Forwarding a message with full header -- outlook 2002
Hi all, I need to foward a message to abuse@somedomain.com with full header, so they can see it originated from their domain, but I cant seem to find how. Is there not a way to do this? thanks, "Hasan Kachal" <kachal@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23BRvP4uJEHA.2380@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I need to foward a message to abuse@somedomain.com with full header, so they > can see it originated from their domain, but I cant seem to find how. Is > there not a way to do this? > > thanks, > > Open the message, go to View-options and co...

Outlook 2003, deleting incoming email text
I am receiving email from people, only to open the email and see that the text message is not there...blank. This happens to about 50% of my incoming messages, with no apparent consistant manner. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. you probably have your mail set to rich text or html and those messages are coming in plain text, or just the opposite. >-----Original Message----- >I am receiving email from people, only to open the email >and see that the text message is not there...blank. This >happens to about 50% of my incoming messages, with no >appa...

How do I add a shortcut to an Outlook Bar?
We have been using Public Calendars when people wanted to be able to look at other users' calendars. We are now looking at a process where we share the user's local calendar in Outlook. We can get to the calendar using File/Open/Other User's FOlder... . However, what we need is a folder added to the reviewer's Outlook Bar that will display the other person's calendar. Can you point me to how o do this? I've been trying and reviewing MS docs with niot much success. TIA, Hank Arnold We use outlook team calendar. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Famil...

Outlook 2007: Disable Security Certificate Warning
When I start Outlook 2007, I get the following error: The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that cannot be verified. The revocation function was unable to check revocation because the revocation server was offline. Do you want to continue using this server? This happens every time I start Outlook, and I'm not sure why. Is there a way to disable this prompt, so it always uses this server? Cheers, Chase Hi Chase, The prompt means that something is wrong the security certificate your server uses for your SSL/TLS connection. You cannot just disable the prompt, ...

Outlook 2003 #302
Last Thursday evening (Feb 1), during the threat of the latest worm, I wanted to ensure my Windows security was up to date (although I have it on automatic update). I went to the Microsoft Web page and must have inadvertently downloaded the Office 2003 update, rather than any security patches. Now my email has been reconfigured with the first line saying "please enter your registration number." As I own my own copy of Office Professional 2000, I enter the registration number and get a "registration number not valid." Then it goes in a circle. What gives? I'm g...

Sales for Outlook 07-11-05
The main CRM folder has lost it's homepage. Does anyone know the address I need to put in here. This is the only SFO I have installed and I really do not want to reinstall this app. Any help would be great thanks Try http://localhost:2525/_root/stage.aspx?url=%2FHome%2Fhome_home.aspx (Sorry, I don't have easy access to a 1.2 install, but I don't think we've changed it in 3.0.) If this is wrong, maybe someone who has 1.2 can provide the URL - it's under the Microsoft CRM folder's properties, on the "Home Page" tab. This posting is provided "AS...

I cannot send out of outlook with 2003 and Yahoo
I keep getting this error Task 'davidm@equityfound.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC7D) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) server does not support SSL-secured connections. If SSL-secured connections have worked in the past, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' It is driving me crazy, i have set both encryption and port numbers right and it still does not work Wrong group. This is for programming questions. Post in one of the appropriate Outlook groups such as microsoft.public.outlook.general. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] ht...

outlook 2003 failure to send 0x8004210b
The above seems to be a recurring problem with no apparent fix. My experience is Outlook 2003 fails to send email, email hangs in outbox The error message seems to point to a provider problem however I have been able to send email without a problem using the same equipment account etc useing Outlook Express. Recreating the account, pst files etc several times made no difference. The Outlook test message always worked. Noticed that I could actually reply to the test message without problems but any other new email could not be sent. To make a long story short I chang...