Outlook won't start #4

I had to re-install Outlook 2000 and now when i try to
open i get an "the operation failed" message and it
closes - i can open a new email, appointement etc from
the office toolbar however. i have tried to repair and re-
install but no help.
0
anonymous (74722)

Conditional Formatting Problem #4
Below is an example spreadsheet that I’m dealing with. I have a column with “Standards” (more on that later), but I have my results in three possible ‘formats’ “Standard” Result 1 Result 2 Result 3 0.01 0.123 0.123J <0.123 1.0 0.123 0.123J <0.123 First, I want to create a conditional format that will BOLD only the cells that have just numbers in them (i.e. 0.123), and leave the other two types alone. Second, I will be comparing the cells with only numbers in them (i.e. Result 1) to the Standard and highlighting only those values that are greater to or equal to the Standard. In...

Upgrading Schedule + to Outlook
Does Microsoft have a Knowledge article on this process and what is the "Q" number. Or, does anyone have the instructions on how to perform this upgrade. Thanks, Joe Install Outlook - use File-Import-From another program-Schedule +. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Joe asked: | Does Microsoft have a Knowledge article on this process | and ...

Strange Outlook 2003 issue
I have a client running Exchange Server and Outlook 2003. The issue she has (and it only seems to be the one user), is this: When sending some emails, whether to a group or an individual user; internal or external; the email goes into both Sent and deleted items at the same time with a header that says 'This email has not been sent'. When we check with the recipient they have received the email. There does not seem to be any consistency with this, we have tried sending to the same sender and all ok, we have tried sending with and without attachments...nothing seems to make any d...

Unable to open Inbox after Upgrade to Outlook XP 2002
I recently upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook XP 2002. However, now I am unable to view messages in the Inbox. I receive the following error message when clicking on the Inbox: "Unable to display the folder. Can't find this file. Make sure the path and file name are correct." What went wrong here? What do I need to do to correct this problem? Thanks. Frank El Paso, Texas Check out the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;170344 "Frank Fowlkes" <carnage_79913@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OJmKH$LoDHA.3700...

Outlook 2003 : how to see attached pictures in preview pane like OE6
I can not see the acttached pictures in Outlook 2003. But when I see that same mail in Outlook Express 6, I can see the attached pictures in preview pane below the message without saving or opening them separately. Anyboby can suggest me a solution to enable this? Thanks and regards. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can't. Outlook only shows embedded pictures in-line. Attached pictures will be displayed as attachments. -- Roady [MVP] www.spa...

Can't delete Outlook 2002 restored data files
My Windows XP Pro system crashed due to a hardware failure, and I had to restore my data once I reloaded a clean copy of Windows XP. I restored my Outlook data (PST files) to my D: drive thinking that I didn't want to overlay the current PST file, and would just import the data for it afterwards. I have managed to copy the data into my current Outlook PST file, but now I can't delete the folder structure that was created by my restore operation (i.e., "Documents and Settings" folder on D: drive) with all of its subfolders. I receive the error, "Cannot delete Ou...

Outlook 2002
I am getting a runtime error has occured on line 1343 when printing a HTML formated email. Does anyone have any ideas of how to fix this problem? I looked at some documentation in the support pages and nothing is fixing the problem except for reimaging the pc. Any ideas? ...

outlook problem #15
hi , i have the same problem can you tell me how you resolved it ? ...

Outlook Connector and Microsoft Word problem
I have found that when I select MS Word 2003 as editor to compose HTML emails inside Outlook 2003, I cannot use the Accounts drop down menu to select between two different email accounts to send the email from. Can someone confirm this? I have to unselect MS Word 2003 as my email composer to bring back the option to select between two differnet accounts. Bilal While editing a new message in Word, go to the View menu > Toolbars area and make sure Mail is checked. "Bilal Muddassir" <bilalmuddassir@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u3yqp7r1FHA.3524@tk2msftngp13.ph...

Outlook 2007 Mail fails to Send, stuck in Outbox
I use MSOutlook 2007. Accounts setup correctly etc. I have tested the account and it comes back fine without errors. Everything has been working fine until - I was in My Documents and chose to send a document to 'email recipient' by right clicking on the document. It went right to Outlook and appeared to be sending. It remained in the Outbox and I kept doing a send/receive. All the while it stays in the Outbox and doensn't appear in the Sent Items folder. I discovered it IS sending as the recipient received it several times. I have re-booted etc. still does this. I have dele...

Outlook 2000 @ Win ME
It was working very fine this morning until I got an email with .tif attachment from a client, now it's all frozen. I tried to restart, virus scan (norton anti virus 2004), for million times, not working still... any idea? thanks in advance problem solved - i refer to neo's reply start-> run type: outlook.exe /safe >-----Original Message----- >It was working very fine this morning until I got an email >with .tif attachment from a client, now it's all frozen. >I tried to restart, virus scan (norton anti virus 2004), >for million times, not working still...

Installing CRM 4.0 Issue
I am getting the following message in the log file after trying to install CRM: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot drop the table '#MetadataPublishCollect', because it does not exist or you do not have permission CRM looks mostly installed but it fails to load. I am installing CRM with a service account which has SA rights on the database instance. I am using an XML based silent install. This is a two server installation, application server is Windos 2003, database server is SQL Server 2005. An ideas? ...

Outlook keeps sending out emails that have attachments...
This has happened several times. If I send out an email, seems to be if the attach is over 1 meg, it will "get stuck" in the outbox. It will then continue to send out the email multiple times. today, it sent out over 100 times to several people. What causes this? How can I resolve this? Thanks Phil We're investigating this problem. What version of Outlook do you have? What sort (and how many) accounts? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Phillips" <Phillips*NOSPAM*@Re...

Make Outlook email me when appts due?
I have Outlook 2002 here at work. Is there some way to setup and appt or todo and have it email me at another email address on the days its due? Example..... say I have an appt this Sat....and want it to email me from here at work..... to my home email address.... to remind me. Can it be done? i dont think so but what you can do is email yourself from work and just leave the email in your inbox to remind yourself. (if you check your email enough) >-----Original Message----- >I have Outlook 2002 here at work. > >Is there some way to setup and appt or todo and have it >email...

Eudora 6.1 to Outlook Express 6 #2
I have having trouble importing my messages from Eudora 6.1 to Outlook Express 6. When I try to do import I get a long message that says "No messages can be found in this folder or another application is running that has the required files open. Please select another folder or try closing applications that may have the files open." Anybody have any ideas? ...

unable to import/export in Outlook 2002
Hello all, I recently recovered from a crash caused by a corrupted RAM chip. The only data I lost was the existing emails, contacts, etc. from Outlook. I tried to import a saved .pst file but I cannot get past the first screen in the import/export wizard. No matter which option I select from the first screen, the only functional button that works is the "cancel" button. I've used the detect and repair option of Office to no avail. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled Office, again to no avail. There must be some other file that was lost in my crash that is preventing Out...

Message Body not Visible in Outlook 2003
I have a client that is having an issue with Outlook 2003 where the message bodies are not visible. It appears that most of the messages I have looked at with the problem are HTML, but I'm not sure about that. They do get some messages that are HTML that don't have this problem. The preview pane yields the same blank page. OWA displays the message fine. When the users opts to forward the message the body is displayed in the forwarded message. Anyone have any ideas about this problem? Thanks in advance, Lesa By the way, on the problem users in the network the workstations ar...

Outlook 2003 SP1 wipes out clipboard when it starts
Anyone know why clipboard gets cleared when Outlook starts? I can copy something to clipboard, start Outlook and it is gone when I try and paste it into a new email. I get a funky looking icon instead. I know clipboard is empty after Outlook starts because I try and paste copied text into a text editor and there is nothing to paste. If I do the same copy and paste after Outlook is up and running, it works fine. How do I fix this annoyance? ---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 Final * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy * http://www.newsleeche...

Multiple Problems with Outlook XP/2002
I have been having problems Outlook 2002 SP-2. Sorry if this been asked before but I have been trying to figure this out for about 6 hours and still have not seemed to correct this problem. I can add new E-mail accounts to Outlook but when I create a new message I am not able to access the Account button (I get "Unable to complete the operation. A fatal error has occured in Outlook." message) . In addition when I send or recieve, these new accounts are not sent or recieved. I also seem to have "lost" all the Exchange Extensions (to whit "Rule Wizard", "...

I having problems with Outlook 2000 Calendar meeting.
Works on some computers, but on others I'm not getting complete meeting messages. ...

Open to Outlook Today?
When opening Outlook, it will no longer open to Outlook Today even though I have the appropriate box checked. It always opens to the in box. I have saved changes with the correct box checked however it will always open to the in box rather than Outlook Today. I have WindowsXP and MS Office XP. Thanks for any suggestions. "Phantom of the Bosque" <BosquePhantom@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cok2c.44968$lS1.22467@fe2.texas.rr.com... > When opening Outlook, it will no longer open to Outlook Today even though I > have the appropriate box checked. It always opens to...

microsoft outlook email arriving with wrong date and time
Please guys everyone knows about the date settings on microsoft outlook so this fault is alittle harder than that to locate. Emails while in your own computer or sent to yourself have the correct date and time. When opened in the receiving computer it has the correct date and time. But as listed unopened in the receiving computer it has the incorrect and time. date might be the previous day or the next day. Tme has no relationo time sent. This Microsoft outlook using office 2000 or office 2007 on the same computer. Any advice appreciated. The received time is compute...

How to make outlook the default mail client
In my outlook express I see that in the options it is indicated that outlook express is the default email client. Then I look in outlook 2003 and I see in its options that it shows it is te default email client. There's a contradiction here, how do I fix that? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Bob Control Panel->Internet Options->Programs Tab. Set your defaults from there. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious he...

Outlook not updating.
Has anyone seen this on Outlook 2003... Terminal server connection to a server, open outlook 2003 in cache mode, now minimise the session. Outlook will not receive new messages automatically, I can see stuff is coming in by monitoring the mailbox from another location. open the session wait a few seconds and mail comes in then spam filter can do it's job.. (MS spam filter) Works OK if you are on the workstation / server directly...Works OK if you are not in cache mode. I use this to filter out spam before other users see what mail is there. Never had a problem with Outlook 2002 in any ...

CRM 4.0 Outlook Client installation fails
We're having problems with installing the Outlook Client on a machine with Windows XP Pro (fully updated), SQL Express 2005 (fully updated) and Office 2007 (fully updated). The machine had another user on it who has left the company and we're re-deploying the machine. Unfortunately, we did *not* delete CRM for Outlook from the machine before deleting the previous User from the box. Any ideas on what is preventing us from a successful installation and how we might continue? Here's the error log from the installation: === Logging started: 4/8/2009 8:21:37 === Action 8:2...