Outlook won't open to "outlook Today"

I have Outlook 2002 on Windows XP, and although I set the
option to have Outlook open to "Outlook Today", it always
opens to the Inbox.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks much,  pmm-rcd

0
anonymous (74722)

Customize Outlook Today option inoperable
Hi, Have been using Outlook 2000 for quite some time now - After updating my OS via WindowsUpDate (XP Pro) I've lost the ability to make changes to Outlook Today. Clicking the link gives no response. Since I have no idea which patch may have disabled this feature, I was wondering if one of you might have a "hack" of some sort to regain use of the feature. Thanks in advance. Regards see if the following KB article applies to you; http://support.microsoft.com/?id=820575 -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, ...

Cutomize Outlook Today
Customize Outlook Today does not on my computer running Outlook 2000 on Windows XP Hi Bert, The second to last Internet Explorer security rollup broke the ability to customize/change the Outlook Today page. At this time I am aware of no fix. "Bert Wells" <bertw913@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:emx8oY5VDHA.2344@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Customize Outlook Today does not on my computer running Outlook 2000 on > Windows XP > > >-----Original Message----- >Customize Outlook Today does not on my computer running Outlook 2000 on >Windows XP > ...

Customize Outlook Today quit working
Running Win2K and OL 2K. I set up a new user, started OL, and imported the .pst from another folder. Everything, inclcuding custom toolbars, etc. works OK. However, I had Outlook Today set up to monitor a number of email folders and that did not copy over. When I click on the Customize Outlook today button, the only thing that happens is that the button itself "moves" when I click on it. Otherwise, nothing. The result is that I can't customize the OL. I ran the Office Repair from my Office install CD and nothing changed. Google search on "Cannot Customize Ou...

Customize Outlook Today doesn't work #4
My "Customize Outlook Today" button on Outlook today doesn't do anything. When I click on it, does not react, what can I do to fix it? Thanks, Mac http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "mac" <aaa@aaa.com> wrote in message news:v1TLb.24094$P%1.22513278@newssvr28.news.prodigy.com... > My "Customize Outlook Today" button on Outlook today doesn't do anything. > When I click on it, does not react, what can I do to fix it? > > Thanks, > Mac > > Thank you, That fix it!...

Customize Outlook Today #48
Hi, The "Customize Outlook Today" button no longer works when you click on it. One of us thinks that the problem is Exchange related and the other thinks that the problem lies with Windows XP. Which one is correct and how can we fix it please? Thanks and regards jvk <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > The "Customize Outlook Today" button no longer works when > you click on it. One of us thinks that the problem is > Exchange related and the other thinks that the problem > lies with Windows XP. http://support.microsoft.com/...

Unable to Customize Outlook Today #2
After a new install of Outlook 2000 on a new computer (Win XP Home)I find that I cannot customize Outlook Today. When I click on Customize Outlook Today, nothing happens. It was fine on my old computer (Dell Notebook with Win 2000). Any suggestions would be welcome. In article <076901c3c48a$7355f550$a501280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... |After a new install of Outlook 2000 on a new computer |(Win XP Home)I find that I cannot customize Outlook |Today. When I click on Customize Outlook Today, nothing |happens. It was fine on my old computer (Dell Notebook ...

Outlook Today #9
When I click on "Customize Outlook Today" I get no response. Advice? OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Richard" <rmosley@samcoline.com> wrote in message news:07ed01c3a7b9$1145eed0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When I click on "Customize Outlook Today" I ge...

multiple Outlook Today folders
I have no idea how this came about to be. I have three "Outlook Today - [Personal Folders]". As best as I can tell, by spot checks, they are all identical; it would be a herculean task to check this out 100%. There seems to be no way via the menu-bar or right-click to delete the two extras. I would like to know what I did to get three and what to do to delete two of them. See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/oltrble.htm#disconnectpst -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be...

Outlook Today Task List Order
XP Home, Outlook 2003 In the Tasks folder, I can customize the view so that I can manually move tasks up and down in the list. How can I make this manually created list order appear in Outlook Today? It appears that in Outlook Today I can not customize the task list view, other than assigning sort orders, is it true? -- ICQ# ...

Customise Outlook Today #2
Hi I'm running Outlook 2000 (as part of Office 2000 Professional) with SP-3 loaded and for some reason, the Customise Outlook Today button has ceased working. The same thing has happened on two PCs loaded with two different discs (I am sure it used to work but I can't remember if this was before or after I downloaded & installed SP-3). If I hover the cursor over the button, the button changes as if it can be selected, however, when I click on it nothing happens! Is anyone aware of how I might resolve this issue please? Many thanks Peter OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook ...

Customize OUtlook Today #38
I just moved my .pst file to a new pc and now can not use the "Customize Outlook Today." It does not open at all. Any suggestions??? Need more information... What version of Outlook? What happens when you try to open it? -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "AOP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d02001c3ee8a$cc4b72a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... I just moved my .pst file to a new pc and now can not use the "Customize Outlook Today." It does not open at all. Any suggestions??? Outlook 2000 - It will not even open. I click on it and...

Remove completed tasks from Outlook Today v. 2003
Hello all Is it possible to remove the completed task automated in Outlook today? I don't want to delete the items... I'm using Outlook 2003 on an Exchange 2003 environment. Thanks! Regards What view do you have set on your Tasks folder? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "Claus Nielsen" <microsoft@clausn.dk.invalid.com> wrote in message news:%23uAvtosCFHA.3504@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.g...

Outlook Today #11
When I click on "Customize Outlook Today" I get no response. Advice? See if the info here helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 "Jose" <santos57@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:015301c3a7c5$db3538c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I click on "Customize Outlook Today" I get no > response. Advice? ...

outlook 2002
across the top, outlook today shows the date, but not the day. Is this changeable? ...

Customize Outlook today does not work #5
I have read the replies about if MS update 813489 is install customize outlook today does not work. What if you do NOT have MS update 813489 install and it still does not work then what? Here is a good one for you. If you update to Office 2003 then it works. But if you install (not update) Office 2003 you can open customize outlook today, but you can not make or save any changes. Error "an activeX control on this page might be unsafe to.... I am having the same problem. Only update 813489 has not been loaded on my computer, because it is not relevant to my system. However, I did ...

2 Bugs with2003 Outlook Today View
When launching and viewing outlook today folder, in the new 2003 version, this will also launch the web toolbar and in the address box it will say outlook:today. This did not happen with the 2000 version - is this supposed to happen in the new version? I can not save changes to the customize outlook today view. It was installed as the "winter" scheme and if I change it to the "summer" scheme, it will change to this but not be saved after selecting "save changes". It will always go back to winter scheme as if it were a default the next time the folder is opened. ...

Outlook Today Folder Display
This problem started when I attempted to add folders to the Outlook Today display. Folders that I did not check became checked, and each time I tried to fix this another copy of Outlook Today ended up displayed on the page. I now have 7 Outlook Today entries and one Inbox plus two additional folders I selected. Any way to fix this? I'm running Windows XP with Outlook XP. This was a fresh installation on a new PC (all preloaded). Michael ...

Outlook 2000
I am unable to customize Outlook Today. I clicked on the "Customize Outlook Today" tab, however nothing is happening. Any idea what the problem is. Sam wrote: > I am unable to customize Outlook Today. I clicked on > the "Customize Outlook Today" tab, however nothing is > happening. Any idea what the problem is. if you had done a Google search, this link http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=820575 would have been the THIRD from the top, of about *19,500* hits. ...

Shared Tasks on Outlook Today
Hello all. My Company is running an Exchange 2003 (well, actuall it's SBS 2003) server and currently everything is going fine. I have 2 questions regarding outlook however. 1) I would like to people to have shared tasks for a group of people appear in their outlook today screen under tasks like the personal tasks do 2) If I can't do number 1, then I would like to people able to add a link to the shared tasks folder (I did the customize outlook page and did this) and be able to open a tasks WITHOUT having it marked as read (until it's marked done) so at least the number ...

Tasks in Outlook Today #2
I am trying to configure Outlook Today in Outlook 2003. The general layout as well as the display of appointments and messages are ok. But it seems that I can not configure the tasks the way I want them using the customize page: - Show tasks from today and older - Sort first according to age (new to old), then according to priority (high to low) - Optional: Do not mark (over)due tasks Any idea how to do this, even if I have to create a page manually? Best regards, Bernd very little customization is available for the outlook today page... so you'll need to make one yourself. It's n...

Outlook Today Not Showing Outlook 2003
I can not get Outlook Today to show on MS OFfice 2003. These directions do not work. When I first loaded it, I saw the outlook Today page, but now can not find it. On the Go menu, click Shortcuts. In the Navigation Pane (Navigation Pane: The column on the left side of the Outlook window that includes panes such as Shortcuts or Mail and the shortcuts or folders within each pane. Click a folder to show the items in the folder.), click Outlook Today. On the Outlook Today page, click Customize Outlook Today. Do any of the following: Outlook Today is the top level of your message store ...

Set Outlook Today as defult
Hi, Probably quite simple but I cant find the option - when I open Outlook it goes strait to my Inbox - I want it to go to the Outlook Today screen. Any thoughts? Oliver OOPS - found it - its in the 'Customize Outlook Today' screen! - Wow thats abit simple for MS! Usually the first place I go when I want to change somthing simple it regedit! hehe Oliver "OS" <1@1.com> wrote in message news:OuAGN3dxGHA.4140@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Probably quite simple but I cant find the option - when I open Outlook it > goes strait to my Inbox - I...

How do I get Outlook Today to show appts from multiple calendars?
I want the opening page (Outlook Today) to show the next week's appointments from 2 calendars. I can only get it to show one calendar and it defeats the purpose of having the summary. Ideas? If you provide some basic information like: version of Outlook where the two Calendars are located (eg is one a Public Folder, a shared Calendar, a sub-folder of your mail Calendar) you'll find getting a useful answer here much faster and less laborious. :-) Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia "MORE CALENDAR" <MORE CALENDAR@discussions....

Outlook Today View; Tasks; Start Date
In the Calendar view, I can make tasks appear when the start date occurs. However, in the Outlook Today view, tasks are displayed only when the due date occurs. Is there a way tasks can be displayed in the Outlook Today view when the start date occurs? ...

Olutlook 2002
I've used the customize settings feature in Outlook Today to use "Summer Theme" but each time I start up it comes up in the standard theme. I can open the customize settings and close it and "Summer Theme" is there, but then I switch to mail and back to Outlook Today, I'm back to the standard theme. I've checked the registry and the setting is supposed to yield Summer Theme. Anyone know what's causing this problem? I really like the Summer Theme better than standard. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Don ...