Outlook Web Access - "Sent Items" no longer paging??

hello,

ive been using OWA for about a year w/o any problems. however recently,
the Sent Items is acting strangely -- it is no longer using the paging
rules as my other folders do. instead, it displays ALL messages in a
single page. this is over 4,000 messages long! needless to say, its
slow to the point of near unresponsiveness.

for example, when i click on "Sent Items", instead of showing the first
page, it shows an expandable [+] sign and my name, like so:

[+] From: Matt Del Vecchio (Items: 4570)

....and when i click on it, OWA begins the long process of getting the
messages ready. takes a minute or two, depending on bandwidth.

also, sidenote: does anybody know why the hell "Sent Items" does show
the *recipient* as a column!? seems like a no-brainer to me...

thanks,
matt

0
matt3413 (8)

> also, sidenote: does anybody know why the hell "Sent Items" does show
> the *recipient* as a column!? seems like a no-brainer to me...

err, "does not show" is what i meant. this peice of useful information
is absurdly lacking.

thanks,
matt

0
matt3413 (8)
12/28/2005 12:53:04 AM
<matt@mailinator.com> wrote in message
>> also, sidenote: does anybody know why the hell "Sent Items" does show
>> the *recipient* as a column!? seems like a no-brainer to me...
>
> err, "does not show" is what i meant. this peice of useful information
> is absurdly lacking.
>

> thanks,
> matt

It does in my home copy standard. And my work copy, as standard too. The
header says To, not Recipient.
Check to see if you've set the column width to zero, if so widen it. Or
customise your setup to include it if you've removed at some stage.

0
alan8232 (157)
12/28/2005 6:05:29 AM
are we both talking OWA, here -- outlook's latest web client? because
in OWA, you cannot control the columns nor their widths, in any manner
that i am aware of. its just a static web front-end for an exchange
server.

also im not saying it shows "Recipient" over "To", im saying it doesnt
show *anything* to indicate who the recipient was.

matt

0
matt3413 (8)
12/29/2005 12:24:20 AM
.....anyone? are there any MVPs cruising this group?

matt

0
matt3413 (8)
12/30/2005 6:20:56 PM
heres a link to what im talking about:

http://www.semi-suave.com/temp/owa.gif

....clicking to expand the Sent Items results in *all* messages being
loaded in a
single webpage -- no paging functionality, so it takes a very long time
to load.

thanks,
matt

0
matt3413 (8)
1/4/2006 11:49:43 PM
dah!! got it...

its the little sorting-type drop-down, next to "Sent Items" -- had to
switch it from "By Sender" to one of the others.

matt

0
matt3413 (8)

Can I See Sent Items That Have Not Been Replied To?
Is there a way to sort my sent items folder based on whether or not the message has been replied to? Often times, I will cross something off my "to do" list after sending an e-mail, assuming the recipient will (eventually) reply. Turns out, that isn't always the case! This seems like a feature that would be commonly requested, but I couldn't find anything helpful in Outlook help or on Google. Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks! -Brad What version of Outlook and are you using an Exchange server as the backend? >-----Original Message----- >Is t...

Moving Sent Items to a public folder
Hi, I have a client that wishes to create a "Sent Items day file" ie All sent items in individual mailboxes are to be moved to a "Sent Items" public folder. Can anyone suggest a sensible way of achieving this, preferably at the server side? Thanks in advance. Fraser Message journaling will capture everything inbound and outbound to a mailbox or public folder. To just capture sent items, you'll need to script ( event sink etc..)something or use a rule in Outlook for each user. Perhaps cdolive or slipstick has some examples as well. On Tue, 18 May 2004 03:11:3...

Sent Items to PST folder?
I am using Outlook 2007 and am trying to find a way to make my Sent Items automatically go to a PST folder. I was hoping to create a rule that would just move the Sent Items when I log out the way my Deleted Items are dumped upon exit. I need to some how archive my sent items so I can avoid the "over the space limit" messages I am getting regularly. I am open to suggestions if there is a better way. Thanks! So currently you are using an Exchange account? You can use AutoArchiving to move items older than x days every x days to an archive file which is a pst-file. T...

Copying sent items
Is there a way to copy all sent items from a group of users to the dept supervisor? I know that you can create a client side rule to do this, but I am looking for other options since the users could actually turn this rule off. Running Exchange 5.5 and using Outlook 2000. Thanks for any help Better to journal if your goal is to save all the emails. On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 07:11:05 -0700, "cglady2000" <cglady2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to copy all sent items from a group of users to the dept >supervisor? I know that you can create a clien...

Cannot Print Sent Items from Outlook 2003
I have a laptop with Windows XP SP2 installed and am running Office 2003 SBE,when in Outlook I cannot print from my Sent Items folder.Any Suggestions please Brad Lighton, you wrote on Tue, 30 Aug 2005 07:51:08 -0700: > I have a laptop with Windows XP SP2 installed and am running Office 2003 > SBE,when in Outlook I cannot print from my Sent Items folder. What happens if you're trying to print? Any error messages? Best Regards Christian Goeller -- Some misspellings or grammatical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! Nothing happens.I just send the print job...

outlook 2003: imap deleted and sent items
hi there - i am using imap with outlook 2003. i cant work out the following: 1. what is happening to my "deleted items"? I delete by pressing the delete key and was hoping to get the messages saved in the trash folder for storage and later view/search if necessary (like pop3 allows). however, they simply seem to disappear. I would like ti (i) retrieve those already "dissapeared" mails (ii) set up a system so that the deleted items will save to "trash" or elsewhere on pressing delete for later use/access 2 sent items - same problem really - i have i...

Error while archiving folder "Sent Items" in store "xxx"
Outlook 2002 - SP3 When trying to Archive just my "Sent Items" I receive the following message: Error while archiving folder "Sent Items" in store "Rob" I have run the Inbox Repair on all of my .pst files but the error remains. There were no errors found in the scan, so does this rule out corrupted .pst files? If I attempt to archive everything in store "Rob" it appears to begin archiving then errors out with these messages: Error while archiving folder "Jobs" in store "Rob". Some items could not be copied. They were either ...

Sent To Address disappearing in Sent Items?
Any one seen this ??? Go into Sent Items & the Sent to Address is blank Outlook 2003 - server based message store - no PST In news:MPG.1dd41015878f4b37989697@msnews.microsoft.com, ERoss <eross@provance.dot.com> typed: > Any one seen this ??? > > Go into Sent Items & the Sent to Address is blank > > Outlook 2003 - server based message store - no PST If you double-click on a message to open it, what does it look like? In article <ePbBY8b4FHA.696@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com says... > > > ...

Setting Default: Sent Items to Inbox
I am trying to set a default that allows all of my e-mail, once sent, to appear in my inbox. I can do this under Message Options/Delivery Options for individual e-mails, but I would like this to be the default. I can't seem to find anywhere in Options that allows me to do this. Thanks! ...

Outlook express - Sent Items
I have been unable to delete my "sent" e-mails - I've tried all different ways to delete - therefore, they have accumulated and now my "sent items" will not display - Can anyone help me with this problem - 1) getting my sent items to display 2) deleting my sent items Thanks alot. Kelley ...

Sycronizing Sent Items between what was sent using OWA and PST fil
Dears, We use Exchange 2007 and Outlook Web access through the internet so one user can at his home send and receive emails. Those who use OST files when they send an email they can find the sent email in the OWA - Sent Items folder and Outlook - Sent items folder . Those who use PST files when they send an email they can find the sent email in the OWA - Sent Items folder BUT not in the Sent Items folder of the PST, instead they find it in the sent Items folder for the Mailbox-<user>. is there a way to move these sent email automatically to the sent Items of the PST wh...

Sent items 05-19-10
Only mail that is sent to people that are in my contact list will show up in the sent items. If they are not in my contact list anything i try to send does not go through. Any ideas of how to correct this? -- concord203 Do you mean that they never get the messages or that you never see the messages in the Sent Items folder? Are you getting any error messages? Do you have more than one mail account at Tools (ALT+T), Accounts? Select the folder then View (ALT+V), Show or Hide and make sure that Show all Messages is selected. Also at View, if there is a check mark in f...

Lost my Sent items folder
I recently cleaned up the too many e-mails I had in my inbox by creating a series of personal folders to organize and store them. So far so good. Next I noticed that my sent items folder was a subfolder of my deleted items folder (don't know why) Which I promptly emptied ..DOH!! Now I do not have a sent items floder, it vanished. My e-mail is going out OK but the mail shows it is staying in the outbox folder.This is all new to me, and I sincerely do not believe I messed with these folders (other than emptiying deleted items) I am running XP and Office 2003, and it is a corporate machine. ...

Policy to delete Sent items
Is there anyway to make Exchange 2003 or Outlook 2003 automatically delete Sent Items older then 30 days? I would prefer a policy so users could not alter the timeframe. Thanks Use mailbox manager, look it up in the help section for exchange 2003. Matt >-----Original Message----- >Is there anyway to make Exchange 2003 or Outlook 2003 automatically delete >Sent Items older then 30 days? I would prefer a policy so users could not >alter the timeframe. Thanks > > >. > For slightly more details, you would create a new Recipient Policy of type Mailbox Manager....

Sent Items not appearing after mailbox transfered from one MS Exchange 03 server to another
I just transfered a users mailbox from one MS Exchange 2003 server to another within the same domain. The transfer was successful on the first time, however when the user goes in and attempts to bring up her "Sent Items" in outlook it just hangs there and says Loading.... Does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening and what I can do to resolve it -- again, the mailbox transfered just fine using the MS Exchange Task / Move Mailbox Wizard. Thanks everyone in advance for your assistance. Are you using classic or cached mode? Did you repoint the profile to the new server? ...

What's going on with the trick to copy Sent Items to IMAP folder?
Hi, my name is Santiago. I'm using Outlook 2003 SP2 in Spanish and now I change management of my mail accounts. Now I manage them as IMAP accounts in the Outlook although I knew in advance that Outlook 2003 "doesn't like IMAP accounts very much" ;-) I read about the trick to move a copy of sent messages using a rule. I'm not stupid with computers and configurations at all... and I set the rule and it didn't work. No message is copied to the selected IMAP folder in the rule after I hit the Send button, although the rule works when I apply manually in the local Sent I...

Sent items missing messages
All my messages in my "sent items" folder are missing. The stay for a couple of hours and then they're gone. Can anyone help?? I've changed nothing in my setting or options - and I can't understand why this is happening. Make sure in the upper right corner it says: Show All Messages Also can be found here View->Current View->Show All Messages mrspmanning;1609546 Wrote: > All my messages in my "sent items" folder are missing. The stay for a > couple of hours and then they're gone. Can anyone help?? I've changed > ...

Drowing in Sent Items
I am a victim of my own inability to keep house: My Sent Items folder grows to incomprehensible and unmanageable proportion. I am not disciplined enought to clean it out ever X days and I can't go with opting out of having outgoing mail stored there. I have tried the trick of remembering to CC myself on critical outgoing mail instead of storing all of it: I forget to do it. What a pathetic case I am! One solution that I envision would be a button that lives on the New Message dialog: "Save in Sent Items". If I could rig up a way whereby one click on a button like that wo...

2 inbox, 2 sent items problem
Hello I have this strange problem in my Microsoft outlook - I have two inbox, 2 sent items, actually everything is twice. The main problem is that when email arrives the notification does not work (it is set/enabled to do). Hence to know if an email has arrived I have to everytime click on the Inbox which then shows that email had arrived some few hours early. Does any one have any solution for this please. My PC is connected to server and Exchange server is used for mail. The systems support fellow does not have a clue even though he created my account. Thank you Gina GINA wrote: > ...

Time problem in sent items
Windows XP, Outlook XP, in my sent all ( work with IMAP Folders ) my time appears to be +10 hours than my actual local time, my local settings on my computer are correct Can anyone help me ? Thanks CJ .. Outlook will follow Windows lead, so if the time is incorrect in Windows, don't bother opening outlook. Check your time zone and BIOS time. ~jason "CJ Foster" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:041901c3cf41$bade98c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Windows XP, Outlook XP, in my sent all ( work with IMAP > Folders ) my time appears to be +10 hour...

sent items #2
I don't want to keep copies in "Sent Items" of messages sent from a specific address.I'd prefer they be moved automatically but cannot make an Outlook 2003 rule to do so. Is there an way to create a rule to do this? Please help ...

Making a rule for "sent items"
Hey, hope this is simple. i need to make a rule that all outgoing emails containing certain words are automaitcally BCC or CC'd to me.. is this possible? -- �,���`���,�� Mathiau ��,���`���,� �,���`���,�� Life isn't short, your just dead for toolong! �,���`���,�� The only reason there are so many stupid people is because it is illeal to kill them! �,���`���,�� You know what life is missing??? Background music! ...

Lost "Sent Date" Column in Sent Items
Somehow I lost the "Sent Date & Time" column in the "Sent Items" folder. How can I get it back? Thanks Mike Thomas ...

sent items #4
when i go to the sent items folder, it shows nothing was sent. But the outbox shows the item to be sent ?? I don't know why it doesn't show up as SENT ? ...