Outlook Web Access Development

We are in the process of considering the appropriate platform for the
first release of the next generation of our software we develop in
house. Although not a classic example of a typical web application, we
have several business reasons that may take us to a web deployment. I
am researching the possibilities of what our interface would look like
on the web.

Outlook Web Access does a very good job of blurring the line between
web application and desktop app.  Looking at the source code it appears
OWA 2003 is mostly accomplishing its look and feel with traditional
HTML and a whole lot of JavaScript.

Does anyone know if this assumption is correct? Was it developed with
any developer tools to generate the scripts, or was it done with more
traditional web development?  We have a shop of developers very
familiar with VB.NET and Visual Studio, but we would likely not be able
to develop a web app comprised of hand-written JavaScript and HTML.

Also, I am trying to find out what capabilities IE has that is not
supplied by Firefox and Netscape (at least without a plug-in).

If there is a more appropriate forum for this topic, please let me
know.

Microsoft.public.exchange is a better group since OWA, despite its confusing
name, is a part of Exchange not Outlook.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, AaronTJ asked:

| We are in the process of considering the appropriate platform for the
| first release of the next generation of our software we develop in
| house. Although not a classic example of a typical web application, we
| have several business reasons that may take us to a web deployment. I
| am researching the possibilities of what our interface would look like
| on the web.
|
| Outlook Web Access does a very good job of blurring the line between
| web application and desktop app.  Looking at the source code it
| appears OWA 2003 is mostly accomplishing its look and feel with
| traditional HTML and a whole lot of JavaScript.
|
| Does anyone know if this assumption is correct? Was it developed with
| any developer tools to generate the scripts, or was it done with more
| traditional web development?  We have a shop of developers very
| familiar with VB.NET and Visual Studio, but we would likely not be
| able to develop a web app comprised of hand-written JavaScript and
| HTML.
|
| Also, I am trying to find out what capabilities IE has that is not
| supplied by Firefox and Netscape (at least without a plug-in).
|
| If there is a more appropriate forum for this topic, please let me
| know.

0
MillyS (3228)

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Excel not Access

Money Deluxe 2006 Trial to Money Deluxe Web Download.
Purchased the "full-download" Microsoft Money Deluxe 2006 version from the trial version download. I followed all the steps to "Activate" the product with successful conclusion. However, the "Trial" nag screen continues to pop-up every time I sign onto Money 2006. To add insult to injury, when I have signed onto the Support Center, wishing to send an email to ask about this, the web-site does not recognize my "PID" (Product ID)...because it continues to believe it is the trail version....thusly only a serial number is listed. And, the SN is not r...

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Crash on 'Send"

RMS development
Hello, I am new to RMS customization / development. Please correct me if I am wrong but there seem to be a very limited ways to customize the forms themselves apart from add-ins and additional patch forms called from new buttons. Is there a way to use the object model in QSRules (QSBridge does not have enough) to achieve more seamless integration of customer requirements that are not accounted for in the general product forms. I am thinking of changing some forms or replacing them with customized versions. I know that forms are 'locked up' in the exe. Sounds like re-write j...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Set request parameters for web services

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph