outlook wants to install every time

OK, here is the deal:

I installed office costumized, Run All From My Computer, and configured
Outlook by pointing to the exchange server. Works fine.
I restart the pc and logon with a different username and start Outlook. Now
Outlook asks for the CD! Why? I previously said "Run all from my computer".
As this pc will be used by many people who have no local administrator
rights I do not want to spend time on giving them those rights and handing
them the cd.
Please tell me what I can do (during installation?) to prevent outlook from
ever asking for the CD again, when a new user wants to use it.

Many tnx in advance,
Alfredo

0
me1 (409)

Do the user accounts have local admin rights on this computer? Add domain
users to the local admin group, and log in once as each to set up their
profiles - or use roaming profiles and set them up once with their
appropriate Exchange settings, etc....then you can take the rights away.

Alfredo wrote:
> OK, here is the deal:
>
> I installed office costumized, Run All From My Computer, and
> configured Outlook by pointing to the exchange server. Works fine.
> I restart the pc and logon with a different username and start
> Outlook. Now Outlook asks for the CD! Why? I previously said "Run all
> from my computer". As this pc will be used by many people who have no
> local administrator rights I do not want to spend time on giving them
> those rights and handing them the cd.
> Please tell me what I can do (during installation?) to prevent
> outlook from ever asking for the CD again, when a new user wants to
> use it.
>
> Many tnx in advance,
> Alfredo

0
lanwench (7567)

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

how do i add time up in exel
everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though i only enter even numbers ,this is to add my hours worked in a month Tell us what's in a1:a30. If they are all even numbers, you should definitely get an even result. But if they include minutes, you can get an odd number of hours. -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "loadie" <loadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12306C49-050C-4DED-AD75-2ECEE54A24F7@microsoft.com... > everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though > i &g...

Standalone install of Office 98 Upgrade?

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Timed Rental
Retail Management Systems Ltd. has just released a new addon for Timed Rental. RMS TimeZone allows you to rent out 'zones'. The easy thing is, you decide what a zone is. Whether you own a golf dome, billiard hall, shooting range (see list below for many other industries) you have the power to specify base pricing, minimum times, and additional per minute pricing. The visual interface tells the employees which zones are occupied/rented, by which customer, and how long the zone has been in use. TimeZone supports an unlimited number of zones. This add-on provides easy to use mouse...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook 2003

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

M2006 installation
I don't have an internet connection and I can't get past the Passport sign-in screen upon installation. Is there a way to install without an internet connection? Thank you. -- Mark M This install is from a CD? Somewhere on that screen or the previous one, in small type, is a cancel/skip/no I really don't want to use a Passport choice. I'd be more precise, but I can't test here. "Mark M" <MarkM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DBDC16A-8EA8-473D-AC7F-E16B9DCE75D6@microsoft.com... > I don't have an internet connection and I can...

Time differances
1 have 4 boxes start time end time lunch hours worked 09:00 17:00 1.00 7:00 09:00 17:00 0.30 7:70 (should be 7:50) (B3-A3)*24-C3 How do I make it 9.5 hours by changing forumla Thanks Trever, =(B3-A3)*24-C3*24 Format for General, Number, or anything except Date/Time. Format - Cells - Number. You'll get 7.5. If you got 7:50, as you requested, it would look like hours and minutes. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "Trever B" <TreverB@discussions.microsoft.c...

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Looking for help on timing within a function
At the facility I work, our associates use a very basic access database to sign out individual work orders on an interval of around every 12 minutes. They have asked if it would be possible to put a timer on the front page of the database to show how long they have been working on the current work order, updating each time they sing out another order. I am not very adept at access nor is the rest of our management staff. Is it possible to add this function, so they can better keep time of their work being done? Use the Form Timer event. Here is an example of how it can be done. In this ex...

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

Outlook Express 6 w/multiple accounts

Moving Contacts to Outlook Address Book

outlook 98 corperate forms