Outlook Vs Outlook Express #4

I am a longtime user of MS Office Suite. For my mail
program I use Outlook bundled with MS Office 2002.
Recently I purchased and installed McAfee's Firewall,
Internet Security and Virus bundle. I have set and reset
nearly all of the security settings to what I thought was
an acceptable level.

The first issue manifested itself by error messages
indicating failure to recognize server settings etc. I
called Roadrunner support and was imediately moved to
Outlook Express because they do not support Outlook.

Although I had to re-enter all of my contacts this worked
for awhile. Now, however, now I cannot send email but am
able to receive okay. Again Roadrunner support says there
is nothing wrong on the server side but they were unable
to resolve the issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

JMO
0
anonymous (74722)

Captj <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am a longtime user of MS Office Suite. For my mail
> program I use Outlook bundled with MS Office 2002.
> Recently I purchased and installed McAfee's Firewall,
> Internet Security and Virus bundle. I have set and reset
> nearly all of the security settings to what I thought was
> an acceptable level.

Disable McAfee's integration with Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

Outlook #78
How do I password protect Outlook? Right click on Outlook Today, Properties, advanced. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Paula Dawn <Blah@blah.com> asked: | How do I password protect Outlook? ...

Internet favorites in outlook 2007
Is it possible to store your Internet Explorer favorites in outlook 2007? Thanks Alison "alistew" <alistew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0021D21C-3782-4AAF-A412-A5889AD5F2C8@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to store your Internet Explorer favorites in outlook 2007? Why? Outlook isn't a web browser and shouldn't be used as one. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Tools, Customize, Toolbars, Web alistew wrote: > Is it possible to store your Internet Explorer favorites in outlook 2007? > > Thanks > Alison ...

Contact filtering anomaly (Outlook 2000)
I have a category called 'Out of touch'. It is never the only category of a contact (ie: each 'Out of touch' contact belongs to at least another category) I want to have a view where I see all my contacts NOT belonging to 'Out of touch'. However, when I do : Customize current view / Filter / Advanced / [Categories] [doesn't contain] [Lost touch] I get no results at all. This actually happens with any category that I want to eliminate from the view. Any idea of what I am doing wrong? Thanks, W. ...

Blank E-mail After Upgrade to Outlook 2003
I upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003 and now many of my e-mails (it appears that many are html) are coming across blank. Additionally, many of my messages are being downloaded twice. Any suggestions on how to fix these issues? ...

Sending CRM email when outlook has multiple accounts
Here is my setup: I have an outlook user (2003) with an exchange (also 2003) account and a pop3 account in their profile. The exchange account is the default account. CRM (ver 4) is set to use outlook as the sender. When email is sent from the CRM web interface it goes out over the exchange account, I need it to go over the POP3 account. If I try this with just the POP3 account it works with out problems, do I have to change the default account to the POP3 account? Is there a work around to tell the CRM which outlook account to use? I would rather not change the email setup as most of...

Importing ACT v5/2000 Contacts AND Notes into Outlook 2003
Hi I am trying to import ACT 2000 contacts (including notes) into Outlook 2003 and the notes are not coming in. I have exported 3 records into a little separate ACT v5 database format and verified that the 3 records have notes in them. Then I have tried to import this database into a new Outlook profile and though the Contacts appears, the notes do not Any ideas Thanks in advanc Nitesh Two suggestions: Try using Access as an intermediary between ACT and Outlook. That way, you can check if notes truly do appear in the export (I have not had luck with transferring notes and I have done this...

Outlook 2003 LockUpLockUpLockUp
Since last night Outlook 2003 continues to lock up. I have checked for the current (as well as all other) viruses, but there are none. I am out of business right now. Help, please! greg: I am having the same problem all of the sudden. No virus but she locks up while trying to load. Please let me know it you get this resolved. >-----Original Message----- >Since last night Outlook 2003 continues to lock up. I >have checked for the current (as well as all other) >viruses, but there are none. I am out of business right >now. Help, please! >. > find and ren...

OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module SHLWAPI.DLL at 015f:70bf5a43
When I bring up Outlook 98 from Office97 Small Business Edition which I've been using for years I get the following message and Outlook closes down. OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module SHLWAPI.DLL at 015f:70bf5a43. Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=015f EIP=70bf5a43 EFLGS=00010246 EBX=00428f30 SS=0167 ESP=0056f878 EBP=0056f890 ECX=0176789c DS=0167 ESI=00000000 FS=32b7 EDX=00428f44 ES=0167 EDI=00000000 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 0f b7 06 46 46 83 f8 41 7c 08 83 f8 5a 7f 03 83 Stack dump: 70bf5a3a 70d9f263 00000000 00428f44 00000000 01767800 0056f8c4 70d269ec 00428f30 00000003 00428f4...

'Not Read'
Hi, Sometimes I get a return reciept saying Not Read! Does this mean that my mail was deleted, before it was read, or.... Is there some place where you can read about the handling of reciepts! Regards Palle J. If the recipient has the preview pane open in their email account and does not literally open the email message but deletes the message then yes, you will get a Not Read receipt even though they could be reading the message and then deleting it. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Sometimes I get a return reciept saying Not Read! > >Does this mean that my ma...

All Outlook CRM Tracked E-mails Copy to One Specific CRM Account?
An unusual occurance in CRM. All e-mails received to Outlookand then promoted, or Tracked as the button is now labled, are being copied to one particular Account that is unrelated. The e-mail are copied correctly to the history of the desired, defined, accounts and Contacts, but also copy to this one particular e-mail as well. As anyone seen anything like this and have any ideas what could be wrong? -- Darryl - dh@mtccrm.com -www.mtccrm.com - Only Microsoft CRM ...

sharepoint
Dear All Since a few days we have following problem: All users get authentication pop-up in Outlook for password/login input, wathever you type in , nothing works. However mail is still fine (exchange 2007) (sharepoint 3.0). Exchange and Sharepoint are on the same windows SBS 2008 server, also domain controller. It seems to be that all started afther windows updates.... It is very annoying, does anyone have a solution? Best regards Nick Wouters Belgium Does this happen with all users or just one. If its a single user issue then its not an update problem. Create ...

Outlook autocomplete
So when you type the first few letters of a recipients name in a new mail message Outlook will provide options for you of people who you have sent to before. If I am sending to John Doe I see it in the form of: John Doe <jdoe> My question is what is between the < >? Is that the surname from the x400 address of that user? What is the implication of changing that? On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 06:37:01 -0700, SilverICE <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >So when you type the first few letters of a recipients name in a new mail >message Outlook will provide optio...

Outlook Express Vs. Outlook
I have a question as follows, I'm using Windows XP Pro, Norton Internet Security 2004, having more than 13,000 messages in a lot of folders but none of them in the system folders like Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted Items, to prevent corruption and the problem I have with OE is that it opens very slow, and when I change between folders it may take 3 seconds or so to change, or if I want to move a message to a different folder it also takes time, Now I have once imported the massages into Outlook, and every thing went fine, I was able to change between folders in less than a second, so my questi...

Fetch XML to Query Expression

Moving from Outlook 2002 to 2010
I have set up Outlook 2010 on a new laptop and want to transfer my emails, contacts and calendar from my old laptop which is running Outlook 2002. I have copied the outlook.pst across from the old laptop into the Outlook file storage folder on the new one where there are three .pst files, each associated with the three email accounts I had set up and each named appropriately - recipient@domainname.pst. If I simply run Outlook 2010 I do not see anything from the file I transferred. If I rename it to one of the newly created accounts I can see the contents of my old inbox and sent folde...

Emails not showing up in Outlook but can be seen on Webmail
I've got several clients saying that in Outlook 2003 and Express its saying they have new email but none of these new emails are in their inboxes. so i told them to log into webmail, and they can see the emails there... all of these clients are using IMAP and could have very large inboxes.. what could be the problem here? why isnt outlook downloading the emails properly? Do they have LAN or WAN access? -- Jonathan No Warrenties Implied, Did you do a FULL backup today?????? "beanfieldtech@gmail.com" wrote: > I've got several clients saying that in Outlook 2003 and E...

Manage Identities (as in Outlook express)
Hi all, I am starting to use Outlook as apposed to Outlook express, but I can't find an option to manage email identities, as all of my family have their own email addresses and like to keep their email seperate. Is this not an option in Outlook (2000)?? I am sure I have done this before somehow in Outlook Thanks in advance Steve See this page for information: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/choosingmode.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer steve <steve...

Outlook CPU
For some reason, when I go to send an email, my CPU pegs out at 99% for about a min. The email goes fine after this min. but way would it start taking so darned long? We are running Exchange 2k and Outlook 2k. I am the only one with this problem. ...

Calendar corruption in Outlook 2003
I was refered to the Exchange area from the Outlook area. You might have an answer other than "Known Issue". I am working with multiple users that cannot open recurring items in their Outlook 2003 calendars. This seems to happen only after opening their mailboxes in Outlook 2000. We have an Exchange 2003 server and a mixed Outlook 2000 & 2003 environment. The only way that I have found to fix this is by deleting their local profile and starting over. Does anyone know how to fix this without recreating the local profiles? Thanks. On Mon, 1 May 2006 08:57:02 -0700, ...

Outlook 2002 and VPN
Hi, I have a user who works via VPN and has OUtlook 2002. She was working offline. She created three emails. When she goes to send emails while connected, there is nothing in her outbox. However, when she is not connected to VPN, emails appear in outbox. Also, She can receive emails while on VPN User is not seeing any of the work she has done offline being replicated to her mail folder when online. All mail that was deleted while offline is still present online. Had user perform a send/receive. Completed successfully but no change. Walked user through creating a new mail profile. Can anyone...

CFile #4
Hi Team: I have the next code : CFile fsal1; CString Ca="Line 1",Cb="Line 2",display=""; fsal1.Open ("C:/100.Log",CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeWrite); display.Format("%s\r\n",Ca); fsal1.Write (Ca,Ca.GetLength()); display.Format("%s\r\n",Cb); fsal1.Write (Cb,Cb.GetLength()); fsal1.Close(); ANd the results is : Linea 1Linea 2 (together) If I want to write "Line 2" under "Line 1" What do I need to adjust ? ANy other suggestion are welcome !! German Medina +519-662-8500 Use CStdioFile instead of CFile i...

Outlook 2003 #70
Hello, I am running Outlook 2003 on Windows XP Pro connected to a Windows Server 2000 (Standard) and Exchange 2000 (standard) domain. When I send email I am unable to select any contacts other than those in the Global Address List. I have contacts stored locally in my Contacts folder and also on Public Folders. I am able to select Public Folders, but not any subfolders. I just am not sure what I am missing in order to select local contacts. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Chris Do you get any errors and are the Contact folders enabled as an email address book, to chec...

Turning off Outlook synching
I'd like to effectively turn off *all* Outlook synching - contacts, appointments, tasks, etc. We want all the Outlook records to remain private and not promoted to CRM 4.0. Does anyone which settings accomplish this? Thanks. David - You said you want outlook records to remain private, however do you want visibility in outlook to CRM contacts? -- Fortis www.webfortis.com "DavidR" wrote: > I'd like to effectively turn off *all* Outlook synching - contacts, > appointments, tasks, etc. We want all the Outlook records to remain > private and not promoted to CRM...

Outlook 2000 #143
staff member from my company sent out an email with a word doc attachment. Some received it and some got a. =======mail system error===== Mail could not read the entire message from the postoffice. Some parts or the message may be missing. Ask sender to resend the message. we are using Outlook 2000, MS Mail for Windows 5.5 any suggestions how to determine this error? ...

outlook express cant see message body text
I can see the list of messages, for example in the inbox with "from", "subject", received, etc but if I open any of the messages the body of the message is blank. If I do a save-as to a text file I can open the file with notepad and see the message text. Any ideas? ...