Outlook vs. Netscape

Hello all,

Maybe someone can help me. I'm encoutering a weird bug and I'd like to
get to the bottom of it and fix it.

I have a system using Windows XP Pro as an OS. I have the Office 2002
suite and for my mail service I use OUTLOOK (not xpress). I had the
McAfee 2003 anti-virus installed which I removed for technical reasons
(annoying tests) and the compuetr was sacnned free from viruses.....

I have an account set up in OUTLOOK, my outgoing and incoming servers
are exactly what they are supposed to be, I can receive all mail but
for some odd reason I'm unable to send anything from any of the
accounts I created. Where it gets weird; is when I use the TEST
CONNECTION button in the OUTLOOK account setup, everything tests
successfully...also, I have istalled Netscape communicator 4.1 to see
if it was my Internet connection, or my router and to my surprise,
everything works well with Netscape, and even Eudora...

Can anyone tell me why I c'ant get anything to send from OUTLOOK while
every other software works fine...

Thank ahead....cause I'm really stuck...

LG

~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/
~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/

Outlook conflicting with Windows Mail
I have Vista Business. I get e-mails from Yahoo groups. When I left click Reply to sender or Reply to group I get Outlook opening up to handle it, even though the e-mail is received via Windows Mail. I want that stopped. I use Windows Mail to handle everything, Outlook is just for handling Business contact info until I'm sure I want it permanent. The problem started when I downloaded the trial version of Outlook and it just started doing that BS on its own. How do I get it back to having Windows Mail handle that? Thank you, Mike Tried setting your mail handler in Internet Options...

Outlook Lead Import Fails
When I attempt to import leads using outlook I get a blank window. This is after I click import from the CRM menu. Fyi, import works in the Web CRM interface. Any suggestions. ...

Outlook hanging -> Public Folders
Hey guys I've got an issue with a single user on XP & outlook 2000. We have a single public folder that everyone has access to and this particular user when clicking on the folder, outlook just hangs. I have deleted the profile and re-created, re-installed outlook and upgraded to outlook 2003 but with all the same issue. It was fine until last week (I haven't made any changes either) Has anyone else experienced this? I would check the permissions on the public folder, using either ESM or PFDAVadmin. Perhaps refresh them, or you may be able to identify the problem. Nikki Pete...

Outlook 2003
Here's the problem: Every tiem I open Outlook it displays an error message that my Exchange server is unavailable. What I know: I know the Exchange server is up & running without any problems. The desktop computer is on the network and can browse and ping different devices. DNS is resolving names properly. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? ...

Outlook 2003 not receiving mail
I have a Laptop with Outlook 2003 setup with offline files. This computer will sit few only a few minutes and then will no longer send and receive. It forces you to hit the send receive button to get your mail. I have it set to automatically send receive every 4 mins, but this is not happening. Any help would be great. Thanks ...

Connection to server in outlook
How do I fix the error in outlook 2003 that says "A connection to the server could not be established". Thanks Check your server settings and use the Test Account Settings option. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, sovitj5 asked: | How do I fix the error in outlook 2003 that says "A connection to the | server could not be established". | | Thanks I got th...

Outlook Address Book
We recently acquired another company and went through a fairly messy migration. All clients of the newly acquired company are now connecting to our Exchange server and email flow is fine (Outlook profiles point to our server, etc). Their old Exchange server is still up and spinning. When it is shutdown some of the new clients have problems opening Outlook. I was able to trace it down to the Outlook Address Book still pointing to their old server. It's like OL will attempt to locate the address book on their old server for several minutes before giving up. Outlook will then ope...

Outlook Express Shuts Down Netzero
Just recently this started happening. I have dial up with Netzero and I can use IE 6 without any issues. I can use Netscape without any issues. But when I open up my Outlook Express, it shuts down my netzero and connection instantly, or sometimes it will wait until all new e-mails download and then it will shut it all down. Any suggestions on how to resolve this? Thank you. Its a very simple problem. The option under tools >option s>connections > says hang up after send and r3eceiving email - Please uncheck that and i hope the Outlook express will not shut down after teh ...

Outlook command line options
We are writing an application and want to use the outlook calendar to provide scheduling support. How can we open outlook and have it start in calendar mode? Or, can we call the calendar applet directly without going through outlook? If so, how? TIA, Mike McBride Open Outlook and on the Other tab from Tools->Options, select Advanced and set Outlook to open in the calendar folder from the dropdown. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out readin...

Outgoing pictures from Outlook 2003.
I have problems with sending emails with pictures included in the mail. I can see everyting perfectly fine in my Outlook but since my friends says to me that I newer included any pictures within the mail I found out about the problem. I tested to send emails to myself and open it in Windows Mail and it was like my friends say. No pictures was sent. I tried gif files, jpg. Please help! :-) -- Y Make sure you are not composing your message in Rich Text Format. You can change your default to HTML via; Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Ou...

Outlook 2007
We are implementing Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2010 across the company and we are noting that while we can open and save attachments directly from the email in either preview pane or full view (by right clicking and saying "Save As"), the Save Attachment button does not work in the Email Toolbar. Having put the Save Attachment button in my quick access toolbar, I note that it does not work either when I open the full Email. I am thinking this might be related to the Exchange/Outlook relationship. Our exchange server in on our LAN and I have my connection set to "Dow...

How do I delete duplicate email messages in Outlook 2007?
How do I delete duplicate email messages in Outlook 2007? "maxwelton" <maxwelton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:023F67EB-8140-44B3-903B-2E7611B4068F@microsoft.com... > How do I delete duplicate email messages in Outlook 2007? Select them and press Delete? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Printing from Outlook 2000
My office clients run are on NT 4.0 SP 5. What used to be an occasional problem over the last couple of years of losing a printer connection is now happening with much greater frequency. This happen to local printing as well as from the network. All our printers are HP models. User send e-mails to print and can get the following behaviour, . A) The item doesn't print B) The default printer is grayed out and cannot be changed C) Always fails using the icon, sometimes using the File menu is a workaround, but not consistent. The only solution so far is to logout of Outlook and ba...

Outlook 2003 very slow #2
Several people in my office including myself have upgraded to Office 2003 over the last several weeks. Many of us have begun experiencing performance problems. For example, I will click on another message in order to view it in the task pane, and then Outlook will sit there for ages before it gets displayed. The larger the message (including attachments), the worse the problem. However, even a message that is small with only a 100KB attachment seems to take 20-30 seconds to respond... this was never the case before. Also deleting a message takes ages. I checked the Exchange 2000 SP3 server th...

why is outlook closing when I try to maximise window?
Just started using Microsoft outlook 2000 for emails. Was using web based programmes before. Outlook express wouldn't recognise internet connection, so went to MS Outlook. After a lot of adjustments, finally got it to send and recieve however when it opens, it is in a minimized window. Every time I click the maximize button or try to expand the borders by clicking and dragging, it closes and gives me a message that outlook needs to close. Why is it doing that and how can I get it to open in a maximized window. ...

Outlook #181
I am having a problem with Outlook 2000 when I use OWA. The OWA shows my contacts when I click on contacts -- I can even email to a contact listed in my contacts. However, when I am in the inbox and wanted to forward or originate an email, it gives me access to a global contacts but not my Contacts -- even though it has a checkbox under Options to change the order of folders. Any suggestions? Thanks, in advance. TEN TEN <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am having a problem with Outlook 2000 when I use OWA. > The OWA shows my contacts when I click on cont...

CRM Outlook Client Installation
I try to Install the CRM Outlook Client. After the installation, the CD Installation show next message: Action Error Microsoft.CRm.Setup.Client.InstallAbpAction. Exception the Result: 0xFFFFFFFF I have the same problem. Can anyone help please. "Daniel" wrote: > I try to Install the CRM Outlook Client. After the installation, the CD > Installation show next message: > > Action Error Microsoft.CRm.Setup.Client.InstallAbpAction. > Exception the Result: 0xFFFFFFFF ...

Maximum users in Outlook Distribution List?
Hi, We're running Exchange Server 2003 with Outlook 2003 client. One user only has about 100 contacts in a distribution list he created in his contacts in Outlook locally, and now when he tries to add more users he gets the following message: "The distribution list has reached the maximum size for your network e-mail server. The new member could not be added." I have not set any distribution list limits anywhere that I'm aware of. Did I miss something? Is there an inherent limit to the number of users you can put in a local DL in Outlook 2003? I couldn't find any ...

Can't remove items from Outlook Favorites list...
Hi there, I am posting this message as a last resort after much searching for a solution to this. I am hoping someone will have an answer to this odd problem In Outlook 2003 there is a FAVORITES panel. This panel (for some odd reason) can not be hidden. I do actually use it so that's okay. But the challenge I have is that it will not let me remove items from this panel. The other day it started showing the inbox of each of my http email accounts in the favs panel and I don't want these there. There are also a few other folders that I added there which I wish to remove. BUT the remove o...

Outlook 2010 Beta access to internet
I just downloaded and installed Office 2010 Beta. Everything appears to work normally except that Outlook can't access the internet unless I turn off my firewall. I am using Windows live One Care. Can anyone explain and help? -- Thanks for your help Recreate the exception for Outlook to pass through your firewall. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "LesHurley&q...

slow outlook after changed adress of exchange server
after we have migrated accounts from one to another mailserver the outlook2000 clients (after changing te settings) are very slow and sometimes they even hang. I supose there are some cached settings....but can's find them. Who can helpme out. P.S. deleting the profile and making a new one works, but there must be another way.... ...

Outlook 2003 indicates unread items at Win XP login
Underneath the Windows XP login icon is a meassage that indicates that I have 10 unread messages. After loggin in and going to Outlook 2003 - i do not see any unread messages.... This is an ugrade from Office XP to 2003. Any ides of how to correct this reporting error? ...

Outlook 2003
Recently had mail store corruption and had to restore from a two day old backup. The few users who were using Outlook 2003 (in Cached Mode) didn't even realize that a restore had been done. They still showed all of the emails from the past two days in their inbox even though they were actually not in the Exchange Private Store. We discovered that if the Outlook 2003 users open each of the emails and resave them they would reappear in the store. Does anyone know a way to get all of the emails in Outlook 2003 Cached Mode to resave themselves to the exchange store? ...

Can't open Outlook for Web Access over the net using 2000 or XP but can with 98?? Any ideas
Hi there, Can anyone tell me why a 2000 or XP system cannot log on remotely to Exchange's Outlook (2000 Server) for web access over https: when a 98 system can no-problem? Thx in advance. "David Sullivan" <dsullivan@bcl-international.com> wrote in message news:lGNLc.5216$Z14.6537@news.indigo.ie... > Hi there, > > Can anyone tell me why a 2000 or XP system cannot log on remotely to > Exchange's Outlook (2000 Server) for web access over https: when a 98 > system > can no-problem? > > Thx in advance. > > What version of IE is running ...

Adobe Outlook and GP
We have GP 10 SP3 with Adobe 9.0 Standard loaded. For one user, she can be printing and emailing PO's all day long and then all of a sudden after clicking Send To, her system freezes and will not email the PO. She has to click on the 'X' on the screen displaying the PO in order to continue and then she will be fine for a couple of hours until it does it again. Windows updates run routinely and Adobe 9.0 is up to date. Has anyone seen this type of behavior and is there a fix? I've had this happen irregularly with various users. I'm running all terminal server sessions...