Outlook using MS Word as e-mail editor

I always use MS Word as the text editor for Outlook e-mails. I now get an
error message when trying to send an e-mail "Interface not Registered" and
the e-mail does not send - I have to uncheck the option of using MS Word and
e-mails can be sent.

Another problem which seems to have occured at about the same time is when
using Internet Explorer V6 and then try to get a second window of Explorer
by selecting an item and holding the shift key the 2nd window fires up but
remains blank with the egg-timer running. (It is nothing to do with pop-ups
being blocked). This is causing problems on sites which fire up 2nd windows
of IE when selecting items such as my on-line e-mail system.

I use MS Office 2003 & Windows XP all with the latest service packs

Any ideas?

Your first problem with "Interface Not Registered" in OUtlook 2003 can be
solved by doing this:

To solve this so you are able to use Word as your e-mail editor close all
running Office applications.
Then use Start-> Run and type:

Regsvr32.exe %Windir%\System32\Ole32.dll

This will correctly register the ole32.dll file in the registry.  This has
happened to a lot of people in the last few days....not sure what the common
problem is....the only new software I installed was Nero 7 Ultra Edition.

Chris...

"Dave" <davidbowman@btconnect.com> wrote in message
I always use MS Word as the text editor for Outlook e-mails. I now get an
error message when trying to send an e-mail "Interface not Registered" and
the e-mail does not send - I have to uncheck the option of using MS Word and
e-mails can be sent.

Another problem which seems to have occured at about the same time is when
using Internet Explorer V6 and then try to get a second window of Explorer
by selecting an item and holding the shift key the 2nd window fires up but
remains blank with the egg-timer running. (It is nothing to do with pop-ups
being blocked). This is causing problems on sites which fire up 2nd windows
of IE when selecting items such as my on-line e-mail system.

I use MS Office 2003 & Windows XP all with the latest service packs

Any ideas?

0
chagler (12)
10/27/2005 3:23:25 AM
Thanks a lot - this fixed the problem

"Chris Hagler" <chagler@att.net> wrote in message
> Your first problem with "Interface Not Registered" in OUtlook 2003 can be
> solved by doing this:
>
> To solve this so you are able to use Word as your e-mail editor close all
> running Office applications.
> Then use Start-> Run and type:
>
> Regsvr32.exe %Windir%\System32\Ole32.dll
>
> This will correctly register the ole32.dll file in the registry.  This has
> happened to a lot of people in the last few days....not sure what the
> common
> problem is....the only new software I installed was Nero 7 Ultra Edition.
>
> Chris...
>

> "Dave" <davidbowman@btconnect.com> wrote in message
> I always use MS Word as the text editor for Outlook e-mails. I now get an
> error message when trying to send an e-mail "Interface not Registered" and
> the e-mail does not send - I have to uncheck the option of using MS Word
> and
> e-mails can be sent.
>
> Another problem which seems to have occured at about the same time is when
> using Internet Explorer V6 and then try to get a second window of Explorer
> by selecting an item and holding the shift key the 2nd window fires up but
> remains blank with the egg-timer running. (It is nothing to do with
> pop-ups
> being blocked). This is causing problems on sites which fire up 2nd
> windows
> of IE when selecting items such as my on-line e-mail system.
>
> I use MS Office 2003 & Windows XP all with the latest service packs
>
> Any ideas?

Chris, just awesome.
I was having the exact same problem, and strangely enough I have only
installed Nero 7 ultra edition too!!
Thanks for the spot on fix!

Colin.

"Chris Hagler" <chagler@att.net> wrote in message
> Your first problem with "Interface Not Registered" in OUtlook 2003 can be
> solved by doing this:
>
> To solve this so you are able to use Word as your e-mail editor close all
> running Office applications.
> Then use Start-> Run and type:
>
> Regsvr32.exe %Windir%\System32\Ole32.dll
>
> This will correctly register the ole32.dll file in the registry.  This has
> happened to a lot of people in the last few days....not sure what the
> common
> problem is....the only new software I installed was Nero 7 Ultra Edition.
>
> Chris...
>

> "Dave" <davidbowman@btconnect.com> wrote in message
> I always use MS Word as the text editor for Outlook e-mails. I now get an
> error message when trying to send an e-mail "Interface not Registered" and
> the e-mail does not send - I have to uncheck the option of using MS Word
> and
> e-mails can be sent.
>
> Another problem which seems to have occured at about the same time is when
> using Internet Explorer V6 and then try to get a second window of Explorer
> by selecting an item and holding the shift key the 2nd window fires up but
> remains blank with the egg-timer running. (It is nothing to do with
> pop-ups
> being blocked). This is causing problems on sites which fire up 2nd
> windows
> of IE when selecting items such as my on-line e-mail system.
>
> I use MS Office 2003 & Windows XP all with the latest service packs
>
> Any ideas?

Ta for this.  It worked for me too.  I've just installed Nero 7
Premium.

johnmilz

Colin wrote:
> Chris, just awesome.
> I was having the exact same problem, and strangely enough I have only
> installed Nero 7 ultra edition too!!
> Thanks for the spot on fix!
>
> Colin.
>

> "Chris Hagler" <chagler@att.net> wrote in message
> > Your first problem with "Interface Not Registered" in OUtlook 2003 can be
> > solved by doing this:
> >
> > To solve this so you are able to use Word as your e-mail editor close all
> > running Office applications.
> > Then use Start-> Run and type:
> >
> > Regsvr32.exe %Windir%\System32\Ole32.dll
> >
> > This will correctly register the ole32.dll file in the registry.  This has
> > happened to a lot of people in the last few days....not sure what the
> > common
> > problem is....the only new software I installed was Nero 7 Ultra Edition.
> >
> > Chris...
> >

> > "Dave" <davidbowman@btconnect.com> wrote in message
> > I always use MS Word as the text editor for Outlook e-mails. I now get an
> > error message when trying to send an e-mail "Interface not Registered" and
> > the e-mail does not send - I have to uncheck the option of using MS Word
> > and
> > e-mails can be sent.
> >
> > Another problem which seems to have occured at about the same time is when
> > using Internet Explorer V6 and then try to get a second window of Explorer
> > by selecting an item and holding the shift key the 2nd window fires up but
> > remains blank with the egg-timer running. (It is nothing to do with
> > pop-ups
> > being blocked). This is causing problems on sites which fire up 2nd
> > windows
> > of IE when selecting items such as my on-line e-mail system.
> >
> > I use MS Office 2003 & Windows XP all with the latest service packs
> >
> > Any ideas?

0
john1314 (1)
11/8/2005 5:40:21 PM
Me too - latest Nero 7 update broke OLE32.DLL registration.

Rob.

This is apparently a problem with Nero 7 and Outlook 2003.  I only
installed this and recieved this problem.

0
C1ph3r.z (1)

Reporting from Project Server

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Using Relative path for XML data file?

MS POS = RMS? Also, SQL Connectivity...